Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
220 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.guysamerican.com/
- Phone: 6465324897x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar will showcase a wide-ranging menu full of the big, bold flavors Fieri is known for, as well as three full bars, a California-centric wine list, and an extensive draft beer program featuring signature beers craft brewed for Fieri right in New York City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
366 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (165)kid-friendly (165)great for lunch (150)fit for foodies (106)hot spot (79)neighborhood gem (67)late-night find (64)special occasion (59)vibrant bar scene (51)great for brunch (27)romantic (14)notable wine list (10)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014I was very excited to visit one of guys restaurants. I was very disappointed in the service and the food. Same food I would get at an Applebee's or TGIF. We were a group of 4 and were all disappointed. Would not go again.
- Go elsewhere!SimplyHonestVIPDined on 9/13/2014With all his shows and emphasis on flavor his restaurant falls way short. Common bar food. No real flavors to speak of. Servers were nice. Bar was adequate and was probably the only reason we stayed because honestly the drinks were good. With so many places to eat on NYC there is no reason to eat here. He needs to improve his restaurant or close.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was absolutely amazing!!!! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is visiting Time Square NYC!Special Features:
- After the showGoodFooodGoodExperienceDined on 9/13/2014I recently visited Guy AK&B after a seeing a matinee. The food was very good, service was excellent with a very engaging and attentive wait staff. We were able to freely converse with the ambient noise being in the acceptable range, even though we were sitting right next t the bar. Overall a very good experience and I would recommend for a pre/post dinner meal ranging from burgers to a sophisticated list of entrees. My wife and I will most definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaroleVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was quite tasty and served in an appealing fashion. The service, on the other hand, was abysmal. So sad, wanted to like it in spite of the NY Times review
- Very nice after matinee spotTLC1234VIPDined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere was very nice except for the ceiling. I imagine it was supposed to give the illusion of gray foam or something but it looked like massive layers of dirt that could fall on your head at any moment. Given the extreme cleanliness of the restaurant, I assume it was really meant to be decor but it was disturbing. Other than that, most of the food was good, service was great and the menu was varied and most items looked good. I had the shrimp po boy and enjoyed that. The kids menu had alot of options and although my daughter didn't like the kids' chicken tender salad and had to send it back, she did enjoy the awesome pretzel chicken tenders. I would return.Special Features:
- PedestrianJG12345VIPDined on 9/12/2014Pedestrian. If you like the tourist experience, you'll like the place. If, on the other hand, you like food service and ambiance that squares with the tab, avoid Guy's place. You would think for a fellow that has been to hundreds of Diners Drive-ins and Dives around the country, he could have a more tasty and inspired menu, but alas he does not. The Steak Diane was bland, truly bland. The bread pudding, though, was exceptional. The lasting impression, though, will be our server, popping olives in his mouth, standing at the end of the ba,r while we were waving to get our check.
- fine, not memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Convenient location, friendly wait staff, and the food was okay. But more like a TGI Friday's, a little disappointed. It was okay, but not worth a return trip.Special Features:
- great place for casual diningviewsVIPDined on 9/10/2014I enjoy Guy's American Kitchen and Bar for casual dining. My friend and I enjoyed a few apps and then we shared a salad and the roasted chicken. Food is consistanly good and fresh. I will return.Special Features:
- Excellent burgers and cocktailsCTPatrickDined on 9/8/2014Had a few signature cocktails and they were a great start to the meal. The dragon chili fries were ordinary, not spicey at all as the name indicates. Wouldn't get them again, but the burger was to die for. They recommend the burgers cooked medium well as they fall apart, but it was still delicious. The donkey sauce makes the burger. Ask for a a little extra on the side as it didn't have much on the burger. I will come again next time I'm in NYC and try other stuff as the menu looked amazing. Had a great time and meal despite the server seeming less than thrilled on being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and reasonable prices!ChrissyChrisDined on 9/7/2014We were pleased with the ambiance (casual and quiet enough to talk, but not too quiet). Our party of 4 ordered Huli Huli Chicken, General Tso Pork Shank, Steak Diane and Motely Que Ribs. All 4 dinners were well presented, nice sized portions and extremely tasty. Our server was attentive and the food came out in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally Awesome!AllanVIPDined on 9/7/2014Came in with wife and niece after watching "The Lion King". I could not have asked for better Met by very friendly hostess and was seated in a matter of seconds. Since our server was on a break (but almost done) another server took our orders for drinks and appetizers as well as answered our questions and made some suggestions. The food was absolutely AWESOME! We shared soft pretzel chicken nuggets and Mongolian buffalo wings appetizers, the ladies then ordered Mac-n-Cheese and Pulled Pork sliders while I opted for Huli-Huli chicken (kinda stuck in my head from one of the DDD shows) Once our server came back - the quality of the service continued to be top notch with the same friendly disposition. All-in-all a very satisfying experience!Special Features:
- Very good pre-theater dinnerbwaykDined on 9/6/2014Family of 4 had reservation for 9/6 Sat. eve at 6:30 PM pre-theater. Called to confirm at 5:30 PM, and asked if we could arrive earlier, told no problem, and seated promptly upon arrival at 6 PM. Seated on lower level in super-comfy booth. Wait staff, including servers and busboy, were all very attentive. Busboy surprised us and brought my son a plate with extra maraschino cherries when he observed how my kids were trying to get the ones at the bottom of their Shirley Temples. All meals good: grilled salmon, pulled pork sliders, and kids' chicken tenders meals. Kids shared fried ice cream dessert - tho the kids agreed that the frosted flakes coating was a bit overkill. Overall a very good pre-theater family meal in Times Square.Special Features:
- Lunch before ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We went when they first opened at 11:30 A.M. we had tickets to a 2 pm show we ate and had plenty of time to get to the show no rush. The food was very good and enough. Our waiter Lamar was very attentive and helpful. The drinks were awesome. Props to the bartender also. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/5/2014i made reservations for lunchtime during a workday. the restaurant was not very busy, which turned out to be a big positive - we could feel relaxed, not smushed next to other people and could have a conversation without yelling. the food was good - not great. not a real big selection and a lot of heavy dishes - maybe that's guy's thing (I never watched the show). the service was friendly and efficient. overall, it was a good experience and would go back if I was in the mood for heavy comfort food.Special Features:
- Pre theatre dinnermomoffourDined on 9/4/2014Samone was great! She recommended some great choices when we couldn't decide. Let us take our time and enjoy the whole experience. Didn't rush the food and kept our drinks filled! We had a great time and the food was incredible!! Try those BBQ wings as an appetizer... Out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Broadway Food StopLuv2danceDined on 9/3/2014The menu at Guy's American Kitchen and Bar is diverse enough to satisfy everyone in a group. Very near the broadway theaters and quick service to have lunch before or dinner after a show. I was a bit surprised that the "Salted Whiskey Caramel Fool" came in a sundae glass instead of a bowl so be advised if you are planning to share!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good last minute findLove2travelDined on 9/2/2014Was with a colleague looking for a place that was relaxing with good options and we found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy RotisseriepetersteaknightDined on 8/31/2014All 3 people in our party tried different dishes from the rotisserie options....and all 3 dishes were delicious. The chicken practically fell off the bone. Highly recommend it!! Plus we were provided with a sampling of the beer choices, which made it so easy to choose the right beer. Overall, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly staff!MusclecakesDined on 8/31/2014Highly recommended, food tasted great and was really quick. Staff was very friendly and always there when you needed something or refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love all Guy's placesNYCjunkiesDined on 8/31/2014We had been to Guy's places in California and knew the food would be good ... and it was! Our waitress was really nice and helped tweak our order to fit our needs!Special Features:
- Yummy!JandDDined on 8/31/2014Was very delicious and not too expensive for being in Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Guy's American Kitchen and Bar was as expected a trendy restaurant with locals doing their best to impress. The menu was simple, yet varied enough for the picky eater. The ambiance really made the visit worthwhile, in fact there's so much going on you need more time in the day just to take it all in. The best dish on the menu hands down is the Cajun Pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great All American FoodPaulaKDined on 8/30/2014Great all American food. All service staff were friendly and attentive. We had Buffalo Wings appetizer and Bacon, Chicken Mac an Cheese, Cajun Chicken Pasta and Pork Sliders as entrees. All food was delicious. Only wish we could have taken the leftovers home, but we were out of town. Would go back again when in NYC.Special Features:
- Not good value for the moneyDiningwithkidsDined on 8/29/2014Kids menu is $12.50 for a burger and fries - not including a drink. There were adult entrees for less. Ridiculous. Food was pretty good, but service was terrible. For being empty I expected far more attention. We just sat for long periods of time between ordering apps and our dinners, then for refills and finally the check. It was almost absurd. We're from boston, so maybe this is the Times Square norm and we didn't know. We won't make the same mistake again.
- FabulousCelticlass25Dined on 8/29/2014This was the second time I've been to Guy's.. and it was just as good as the first.Special Features:
- Don't choose it for the foodKellyDined on 8/29/2014I had very low expectations for this restaurant and was still disappointed. I chose to go to Guy's American Kitchen and Bar because my children like his show and I thought they would think it was fun to visit his restaurant while in New York. We were also seeing a Aladdin which made it very convenient. Unfortunately the food was not good. I had the Acapulco salad with chicken. The salad was ok but the chicken was rubbery and tasteless. My son had the bbq buffalo meatloaf. The meatloaf was not good but the mashed potatoes served with it were pretty good. My daughter had the mac & cheese which was the best thing on the table. Overall, it was convenient and the service was good (as was my Margarita) but the food was disappointing.
- One of us!DisneynycgirlDined on 8/29/2014Booked for pre theatre-dinner meal. Service was a bit slow considering restaurant was very quiet. Rosemary Garlic chicken great but BBQ rub on ribs was too spicy so few mouthfuls in just couldn't finish them. Salted whiskey caramel fool was amazing and ambience helped by Sports on TV.Special Features:
- A fun place with good foodtexastonycVIPDined on 8/27/2014Went there pre-theater. A lively atmosphere, fun décor. Food was surprisingly good with an inventive menu. Service could have been a bit better, but all-in-all a nice experience.Special Features:
- Very AccommodatingTriestoeathealthyDined on 8/27/2014We went for pre-theatre lunch, and of course, were running late. The hosts and server were very understanding and good-humored, letting us know what on the menu was faster to get to the table and doing everything to get it there quickly. We had the sashimi tacos, which were delicious.Special Features:
- Amazing as Always!PatBlueDined on 8/26/2014I have visited Guy's American Kitchen and Bar numerous times and always enjoy good food and great service.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food at Fieri's!guyisthemanDined on 8/23/2014Kid Friendly, great food! My son made his glass of water fall on the table and it broke near our appetizer plate. Broken glass fell in our appetizer. The manager brought us a new appetizer at no extra cost. Great service and amazing food. Very generous portions. Nice atmosphere! I'd definitely go back! Highly recommend the Motley Que ribs! Yum! Great Ameriacana dining in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTraceyDined on 8/23/2014Great food and service. I will definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great timeTheatreCrazyDined on 8/23/2014We arrived at 4:30 had a delicious meal and a few drinks. We left at 8:00 ish!! We never felt rushed and were able to relax, talk, drink and just enjoy ourselves. It was excellent experience all around. Perfect location too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegetariansOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We were there for lunch and it is not a big menu with little to no vegetarian options. there is a veggie burger available but you have to ask your server.Special Features:
- Good Place OveralltylerhyperHDDined on 8/22/2014Very good overall place to get anything. My brother got spaghetti, and surprisingly it was good for a bar and grill type place. I would definitely recommend getting the garlic or cheese fries-they are absolutely to die for. I had the chicken + mac and cheese and compared to the Rock Bottom that we have in Virginia, this one is ten times better than that. The things that surprised me about this dish is that they put bacon on it, and they roast the top of it to give it a crunchy top to it. My father got Guy's Burger, but it was said to be average and not really the best burger, but we see why Guy won a contest with this, mainly for the spicy onion ring on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of HypeBrettcspDined on 8/22/2014Guy's is a lot of hype! Food and service were fair. The menu has a lot of variety and we ordered across the menu. The burgers did not live up to the billing - flavor was so so. Pulled pork sliders were not as good as one can get by buying Lloyd's. The French Dip was very good - the roll had great crunch (even after dunking in Au Jus) and the beef was nicely seasoned and flavorful. Service was inattentive and uncaring - was served a warm beer and then got attitude from the waitress as if it were my fault. Expected more and got less.Special Features:
- fun place and great foodtraveledNYCDined on 8/22/2014my daughter had the cheeseburger and stated it was one of the BEST. I had the rosemary chicken, very moist and flavorful. Service was terrific, I would go back.Special Features:
- Not especially impressedhaastility2Dined on 8/22/2014For a restaurant with Guy Fieri's name on it, this place did not live up to expectations. In fact, it fell very short of them. The food is not very good, and the combinations of foods and sauces is very confusing. Our appetizers arrived lukewarm, and were incredibly greasy. The saving grace was the waitstaff, who were attentive and helpful. I would not recommend this place to friends.Special Features:
- First TimeFoodsterDined on 8/21/2014From the reservation to the departure everything was on point. Service was quick, the menu was varied, drinks were good. The only negative was there was nothing special for my husbands birthday...like a special cupcake or something like that...but other than that I was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.