Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
220 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.guysamerican.com/
- Phone: 6465324897x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar will showcase a wide-ranging menu full of the big, bold flavors Fieri is known for, as well as three full bars, a California-centric wine list, and an extensive draft beer program featuring signature beers craft brewed for Fieri right in New York City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
375 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (172)kid-friendly (167)great for lunch (151)fit for foodies (113)hot spot (84)neighborhood gem (68)late-night find (67)special occasion (62)vibrant bar scene (54)great for brunch (30)romantic (14)notable wine list (9)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014This was a last minute decision to eat here. Everyone loved their dinner, each had a special twist of a classic dish, with unique flavors. Atmosphere was eclectic and fun. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great food in a a great atmosphere. Service was a little slow but no other concerns; overall an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I really loved this place and the steak was amazing I will be returning very soon!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Let DownAKinNYCDined on 9/26/2014We just love to watch Guy on the Food Network so we were very excited to eat at his restaurant. What a waste of time and money. The food and beverages were so over priced for what they were. The calamari was EXTREMEMLY spicy and over cooked. Our expectations were high but with good reason based on Guy's reputation. What a shame that it didn't come close to meeting them. That being said, our server was great!!
- I Love New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Thank You, for a wonderful dining experience. Staff that goes above and beyond>Special Features:
- Just okValentine214VIPDined on 9/26/2014I guess I expected to be bowled over by Guys American Bar and Grill but I really was not. We ordered the Ri Calamari and the rotisserie chicken dinner. We are from RI so I was not expecting that the calamari would be so spicy and hot. The rings of calamari were also cut a little too thick. The chicken dinner was good but certainly not great. The breast portion of the chicken actually bordered on dry. Our server Michael was personable and pleasant. Michael our server suggested the fried ice cream for dessert so we went with his suggestion. Again it was ok but not really great. Overall the food is not terrible but not really what I would expect from a food channel chef. I would say I would not hurry back.Special Features:
- Great Experience!Jules728Dined on 9/25/2014The food, service and overall experience at Guy's American Kitchen in NYC was amazing! The appetizer, dinner and dessert were all delicious!!!! Our waitress was so personable and helped to make our dining even more enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 9/24/2014The food was great and the service was great. Will be back again.Special Features:
- Interesting ambiance, decent foodUKtouristDined on 9/24/2014The appetisers we had of chicken wings and pulled pork soft tacos were better than average. The main course of Rosemary chicken was average. The interior was suitably pleasant and the service was fine. All in all, an acceptable meal for the price, amibiance and location next to Times Square.
- Great FindNYCAddictDined on 9/20/2014The food was great. The service was great. Would definitely recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- Loved it!AgrneyedrnDined on 9/20/2014Our group of 6 had reservations for 5:30om. We were seated promptly and the waiter was great! We loved the food and the selection was vast enough for everyone to find what they liked. I especially loved the decor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited but tasty menuVisitingfromPhillyDined on 9/20/2014The American fare menu was limited. But the Cajun pasta was fantastic. I would recommend that dish. Waitress could have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful cheesecakeCheesecakeDined on 9/19/2014Food was delicious we had the pulled pork sliders, roasted chicken, and Awesome chicken tenders. The best was the cheesecake for dessert because of its homemade whipped cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.Tmccrary98Dined on 9/18/2014I was very excited to visit one of guys restaurants. I was very disappointed in the service and the food. Same food I would get at an Applebee's or TGIF. We were a group of 4 and were all disappointed. Would not go again.
- Yummy!MelissWDined on 9/14/2014We got in with our reservation quickly. The entire process of being seated, ordering, receiving our food, ordering dessert and paying were all excellent. The food was delicious. The menu has many unique items so we may be back to try more. We enjoyed the food we did pick and dessert as well. The food was well seasoned without leaving an after taste. We caught a Broadway show before this meal. It is located within steps from many popular theaters. Will return again!Special Features:
- Go elsewhere!SimplyHonestVIPDined on 9/13/2014With all his shows and emphasis on flavor his restaurant falls way short. Common bar food. No real flavors to speak of. Servers were nice. Bar was adequate and was probably the only reason we stayed because honestly the drinks were good. With so many places to eat on NYC there is no reason to eat here. He needs to improve his restaurant or close.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was absolutely amazing!!!! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is visiting Time Square NYC!Special Features:
- After the showGoodFooodGoodExperienceDined on 9/13/2014I recently visited Guy AK&B after a seeing a matinee. The food was very good, service was excellent with a very engaging and attentive wait staff. We were able to freely converse with the ambient noise being in the acceptable range, even though we were sitting right next t the bar. Overall a very good experience and I would recommend for a pre/post dinner meal ranging from burgers to a sophisticated list of entrees. My wife and I will most definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaroleVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was quite tasty and served in an appealing fashion. The service, on the other hand, was abysmal. So sad, wanted to like it in spite of the NY Times review
- Very nice after matinee spotTLC1234VIPDined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere was very nice except for the ceiling. I imagine it was supposed to give the illusion of gray foam or something but it looked like massive layers of dirt that could fall on your head at any moment. Given the extreme cleanliness of the restaurant, I assume it was really meant to be decor but it was disturbing. Other than that, most of the food was good, service was great and the menu was varied and most items looked good. I had the shrimp po boy and enjoyed that. The kids menu had alot of options and although my daughter didn't like the kids' chicken tender salad and had to send it back, she did enjoy the awesome pretzel chicken tenders. I would return.Special Features:
- PedestrianJG12345VIPDined on 9/12/2014Pedestrian. If you like the tourist experience, you'll like the place. If, on the other hand, you like food service and ambiance that squares with the tab, avoid Guy's place. You would think for a fellow that has been to hundreds of Diners Drive-ins and Dives around the country, he could have a more tasty and inspired menu, but alas he does not. The Steak Diane was bland, truly bland. The bread pudding, though, was exceptional. The lasting impression, though, will be our server, popping olives in his mouth, standing at the end of the ba,r while we were waving to get our check.
- fine, not memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Convenient location, friendly wait staff, and the food was okay. But more like a TGI Friday's, a little disappointed. It was okay, but not worth a return trip.Special Features:
- great place for casual diningviewsVIPDined on 9/10/2014I enjoy Guy's American Kitchen and Bar for casual dining. My friend and I enjoyed a few apps and then we shared a salad and the roasted chicken. Food is consistanly good and fresh. I will return.Special Features:
- Excellent burgers and cocktailsCTPatrickVIPDined on 9/8/2014Had a few signature cocktails and they were a great start to the meal. The dragon chili fries were ordinary, not spicey at all as the name indicates. Wouldn't get them again, but the burger was to die for. They recommend the burgers cooked medium well as they fall apart, but it was still delicious. The donkey sauce makes the burger. Ask for a a little extra on the side as it didn't have much on the burger. I will come again next time I'm in NYC and try other stuff as the menu looked amazing. Had a great time and meal despite the server seeming less than thrilled on being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatjaitken22Dined on 9/8/2014Treated my boyfriend to a meal here for his 30th birthday while we were on holiday. I cannot fault anything about this place. Excellent, speedy service, well mannered, good quality food, great atmosphere even when quiet.Special Features:
- Great food and reasonable prices!ChrissyChrisDined on 9/7/2014We were pleased with the ambiance (casual and quiet enough to talk, but not too quiet). Our party of 4 ordered Huli Huli Chicken, General Tso Pork Shank, Steak Diane and Motely Que Ribs. All 4 dinners were well presented, nice sized portions and extremely tasty. Our server was attentive and the food came out in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally Awesome!AllanVIPDined on 9/7/2014Came in with wife and niece after watching "The Lion King". I could not have asked for better Met by very friendly hostess and was seated in a matter of seconds. Since our server was on a break (but almost done) another server took our orders for drinks and appetizers as well as answered our questions and made some suggestions. The food was absolutely AWESOME! We shared soft pretzel chicken nuggets and Mongolian buffalo wings appetizers, the ladies then ordered Mac-n-Cheese and Pulled Pork sliders while I opted for Huli-Huli chicken (kinda stuck in my head from one of the DDD shows) Once our server came back - the quality of the service continued to be top notch with the same friendly disposition. All-in-all a very satisfying experience!Special Features:
- Very good pre-theater dinnerbwaykDined on 9/6/2014Family of 4 had reservation for 9/6 Sat. eve at 6:30 PM pre-theater. Called to confirm at 5:30 PM, and asked if we could arrive earlier, told no problem, and seated promptly upon arrival at 6 PM. Seated on lower level in super-comfy booth. Wait staff, including servers and busboy, were all very attentive. Busboy surprised us and brought my son a plate with extra maraschino cherries when he observed how my kids were trying to get the ones at the bottom of their Shirley Temples. All meals good: grilled salmon, pulled pork sliders, and kids' chicken tenders meals. Kids shared fried ice cream dessert - tho the kids agreed that the frosted flakes coating was a bit overkill. Overall a very good pre-theater family meal in Times Square.Special Features:
- Lunch before ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We went when they first opened at 11:30 A.M. we had tickets to a 2 pm show we ate and had plenty of time to get to the show no rush. The food was very good and enough. Our waiter Lamar was very attentive and helpful. The drinks were awesome. Props to the bartender also. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/5/2014i made reservations for lunchtime during a workday. the restaurant was not very busy, which turned out to be a big positive - we could feel relaxed, not smushed next to other people and could have a conversation without yelling. the food was good - not great. not a real big selection and a lot of heavy dishes - maybe that's guy's thing (I never watched the show). the service was friendly and efficient. overall, it was a good experience and would go back if I was in the mood for heavy comfort food.Special Features:
- Pre theatre dinnermomoffourDined on 9/4/2014Samone was great! She recommended some great choices when we couldn't decide. Let us take our time and enjoy the whole experience. Didn't rush the food and kept our drinks filled! We had a great time and the food was incredible!! Try those BBQ wings as an appetizer... Out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Broadway Food StopLuv2danceDined on 9/3/2014The menu at Guy's American Kitchen and Bar is diverse enough to satisfy everyone in a group. Very near the broadway theaters and quick service to have lunch before or dinner after a show. I was a bit surprised that the "Salted Whiskey Caramel Fool" came in a sundae glass instead of a bowl so be advised if you are planning to share!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good last minute findLove2travelDined on 9/2/2014Was with a colleague looking for a place that was relaxing with good options and we found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy RotisseriepetersteaknightDined on 8/31/2014All 3 people in our party tried different dishes from the rotisserie options....and all 3 dishes were delicious. The chicken practically fell off the bone. Highly recommend it!! Plus we were provided with a sampling of the beer choices, which made it so easy to choose the right beer. Overall, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly staff!MusclecakesDined on 8/31/2014Highly recommended, food tasted great and was really quick. Staff was very friendly and always there when you needed something or refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love all Guy's placesNYCjunkiesDined on 8/31/2014We had been to Guy's places in California and knew the food would be good ... and it was! Our waitress was really nice and helped tweak our order to fit our needs!Special Features:
- Yummy!JandDDined on 8/31/2014Was very delicious and not too expensive for being in Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Guy's American Kitchen and Bar was as expected a trendy restaurant with locals doing their best to impress. The menu was simple, yet varied enough for the picky eater. The ambiance really made the visit worthwhile, in fact there's so much going on you need more time in the day just to take it all in. The best dish on the menu hands down is the Cajun Pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great All American FoodPaulaKDined on 8/30/2014Great all American food. All service staff were friendly and attentive. We had Buffalo Wings appetizer and Bacon, Chicken Mac an Cheese, Cajun Chicken Pasta and Pork Sliders as entrees. All food was delicious. Only wish we could have taken the leftovers home, but we were out of town. Would go back again when in NYC.Special Features:
- Not good value for the moneyDiningwithkidsDined on 8/29/2014Kids menu is $12.50 for a burger and fries - not including a drink. There were adult entrees for less. Ridiculous. Food was pretty good, but service was terrible. For being empty I expected far more attention. We just sat for long periods of time between ordering apps and our dinners, then for refills and finally the check. It was almost absurd. We're from boston, so maybe this is the Times Square norm and we didn't know. We won't make the same mistake again.