Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
220 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.guysamerican.com/
- Phone: 6465324897x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar will showcase a wide-ranging menu full of the big, bold flavors Fieri is known for, as well as three full bars, a California-centric wine list, and an extensive draft beer program featuring signature beers craft brewed for Fieri right in New York City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
353 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (164)good for groups (154)great for lunch (149)fit for foodies (96)hot spot (70)neighborhood gem (64)late-night find (64)special occasion (55)vibrant bar scene (45)great for brunch (28)notable wine list (8)romantic (8)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- A fun place with good foodtexastonycVIPDined on 8/27/2014Went there pre-theater. A lively atmosphere, fun décor. Food was surprisingly good with an inventive menu. Service could have been a bit better, but all-in-all a nice experience.Special Features:
- Very AccommodatingTriestoeathealthyDined on 8/27/2014We went for pre-theatre lunch, and of course, were running late. The hosts and server were very understanding and good-humored, letting us know what on the menu was faster to get to the table and doing everything to get it there quickly. We had the sashimi tacos, which were delicious.Special Features:
- Amazing as Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014I have visited Guy's American Kitchen and Bar numerous times and always enjoy good food and great service.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food at Fieri's!guyisthemanDined on 8/23/2014Kid Friendly, great food! My son made his glass of water fall on the table and it broke near our appetizer plate. Broken glass fell in our appetizer. The manager brought us a new appetizer at no extra cost. Great service and amazing food. Very generous portions. Nice atmosphere! I'd definitely go back! Highly recommend the Motley Que ribs! Yum! Great Ameriacana dining in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great food and service. I will definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We arrived at 4:30 had a delicious meal and a few drinks. We left at 8:00 ish!! We never felt rushed and were able to relax, talk, drink and just enjoy ourselves. It was excellent experience all around. Perfect location too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegetariansOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We were there for lunch and it is not a big menu with little to no vegetarian options. there is a veggie burger available but you have to ask your server.Special Features:
- Good Place OveralltylerhyperHDDined on 8/22/2014Very good overall place to get anything. My brother got spaghetti, and surprisingly it was good for a bar and grill type place. I would definitely recommend getting the garlic or cheese fries-they are absolutely to die for. I had the chicken + mac and cheese and compared to the Rock Bottom that we have in Virginia, this one is ten times better than that. The things that surprised me about this dish is that they put bacon on it, and they roast the top of it to give it a crunchy top to it. My father got Guy's Burger, but it was said to be average and not really the best burger, but we see why Guy won a contest with this, mainly for the spicy onion ring on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of HypeBrettcspDined on 8/22/2014Guy's is a lot of hype! Food and service were fair. The menu has a lot of variety and we ordered across the menu. The burgers did not live up to the billing - flavor was so so. Pulled pork sliders were not as good as one can get by buying Lloyd's. The French Dip was very good - the roll had great crunch (even after dunking in Au Jus) and the beef was nicely seasoned and flavorful. Service was inattentive and uncaring - was served a warm beer and then got attitude from the waitress as if it were my fault. Expected more and got less.Special Features:
- fun place and great foodtraveledNYCDined on 8/22/2014my daughter had the cheeseburger and stated it was one of the BEST. I had the rosemary chicken, very moist and flavorful. Service was terrific, I would go back.Special Features:
- Not especially impressedhaastility2Dined on 8/22/2014For a restaurant with Guy Fieri's name on it, this place did not live up to expectations. In fact, it fell very short of them. The food is not very good, and the combinations of foods and sauces is very confusing. Our appetizers arrived lukewarm, and were incredibly greasy. The saving grace was the waitstaff, who were attentive and helpful. I would not recommend this place to friends.Special Features:
- First TimeFoodsterDined on 8/21/2014From the reservation to the departure everything was on point. Service was quick, the menu was varied, drinks were good. The only negative was there was nothing special for my husbands birthday...like a special cupcake or something like that...but other than that I was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavor townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Fantastic place to eat. Great atmosphere. Flavorful food, great service..can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodTheDaleDined on 8/20/2014From the buffalo wings to the Mac n cheese to the bison meatloaf to the monstrous burger. Everything was 10 notches above the rest and huge portions too. It was a trip to flavor town and the service was excellent. The only thing was I don't understand why drinks had to be so ridiculously expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep walkingMayfairdrDined on 8/20/2014If you think Chili's is delicious than you'll be underwhelmed here. Everything our party of four had was disappointing. Greasy and soggy chili fries appetizer, Chinatown salad with mushy chicken, overlooked pork shank,etc. Waiter overwhelmed as guests all around us and our table all sending food back to kitchen.Special Features:
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014Limited menu choices, but the dishes we had were good.
- Gross gross grosskrisDined on 8/19/2014I can't say anything good about our dinner at Guys. Our linen table cloth was dirty around the table (they had a piece of white paper covering the top) so the top looked Clean but the sides were disgusting. We ordered the ahi tacos that were not fresh. You could smell the odor of the fish even before eating them. We sent them back. We had 2 salads that were doused with dressing...the only thing my daughter liked were the French fries. Such a disappointment.
- Great Food with Great People.2010HEMISDined on 8/19/2014This was our 1st time dining at Guy's. We enjoyed it. I want to return with My Sister & Her Family. We will be back regardless, only next time it will be for dinner. Our server Lisa was very nice and took great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreGirlsnightDined on 8/19/2014I took my 4 year old and 2 year old and it is kid friendly. They have a decently large kids menu but it could have been simpler. Gourmet mac and cheese isn't needed. They also didn't have any milk. My food was ok, I expected more flavor. Certainly not anything that was fantastic or stood out. My mother in law ordered the Big Dipper which was very good. I wish I had ordered that too. The garlic fries were also good. The restaurant is clean and roomy. The bathrooms were also very clean.Special Features:
- aplacetoeatDined on 8/17/2014Good food. Decent price. Nice to have some elbow room in Times Square. No real reason to go back.Special Features:
- luv2eatoutVIPDined on 8/17/20142nd time I visited Guy's American Bar and Grill, this time we were seated in the basement and there were 2 large childrens Birthdays going on down stairs we were seated in a kinda private room and I would of preferred to sit on the main level or even the bar area. The Mac & Cheese was a good size portion and since were were going to the theater half was wrappped and given to another person in our group to take home. Downside was they only cook their burgers medium well and the person who wanted likes them medium rare so eating a burger was out of the ?Special Features:
- Fun SpotDC2NYC4theWeekDined on 8/16/2014Great Fun Spot Food was Great Music was Fun Service was fastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last night in NYCScotsinNYCDined on 8/16/2014Having travelled from Scotland for a week's holiday in New York and having enjoyed Guy's burgers on a Carnival cruise, we decided to have our final night dinner at Guy's. The food and atmosphere were both excellent, as was the service. Our ten year old daughter also loved it. My only disappointment was the lack of XXL Morgan's Ale t shirts, as I would have bought one.Special Features:
- Great Tasting Food8outDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I stopped in for dinner before our show at the Helen Hayes Theatre. We booked through Open Table. We arrived half an hour early and were seated immediately. We had drinks and appetizers. We requested that they not bring the dinner out too soon, they were happy to accommodate. When the entrées arrived they were hot and delicious. We had the fried ice cream for dessert...Awesome. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- LItastebudDined on 8/16/2014We had a marvelous experience and my 2 13 year old grandsons thought this was the VERY best burger they ever had! Would highly recommend for casual before theatre dining and the service was great to boot!Special Features:
- Great SpotHighwayKing24Dined on 8/15/2014Great spot...Much better food and atmosphere than expected considering the area of NYC.Special Features:
- Great food!BigHurt67Dined on 8/14/2014The Mötley Que Ribs are the best ribs I've ever had. We sat downstairs which is a huge space. Perfect for office parties. Love the decor of the restaurant as well. The place is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014We were immediately seated. Drink order was prompt, waitress very friendly and knowledgable. Food was delicious and hot. Great menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must stop when in NYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The Italian nachos are a must! Simply awesome. All food is good.Special Features:
- JohnJoandGabbyDined on 8/13/2014Great food.Great service. Love the open kitchen and decor. Convenient location for after theater diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try nachos!!!love2eatDined on 8/13/2014After a day in the city must husband and I decided to try Guy's. I had heard mixed reviews from some people buy wanted to make my own decision. The atmosphere is fun and inviting and the staff was very friendly. They recommended the "guys italian nachos" as an appetizer so we ordered them and were not disappointed. They gave you a good size portion and it was delicious. Our meal we each got were also good. I ordered the ribs which were huge and spicy, and my husband got the shrimp poboy. Would definitely recommend this place to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch2RememberFoody4SureDined on 8/13/2014Service was prompt and very friendly, quite willing to make sure we enjoyed the meal. The food was great. We absolutely fell in love with the parfait dessert ( strawberries, pound cake, salted whiskey caramel sauce) and the Cali eggrolls... We would come back again and again for those alone!!! We love trying no places, this one is a find!Special Features:
- Great Lunch Spot in Times SquareDrRonDined on 8/13/2014Fantastic location for the opportunity to sample Guy Fieri's style of cooking. Tuna taco appetizer was as good as I've had anywhere. The ribs were top notch. Service was friendly, helpful and efficient. Value in terms of quality and quantity of food is in the top tier for this area in Manhattan. My only recommendation would be to offer some daily specials.Special Features:
- Good food and clean restaurantzit310Dined on 8/11/2014Lots of places near time sqare are old and dirty feeling. This place is neither of those.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere and foodHifeyDined on 8/11/2014Nice stop on our last day in NYC. Kids had fun. Food was above average bar food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK but not great.SamydDined on 8/11/2014The kitchen screw up a Hamberger and fries. The food came warm, not hot. Not great food. You pay for the name. It is a tourist trap.Special Features:
- awsome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014I love going to NYC and when im there I go to guys everytime... Great food Great pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!JBass94Dined on 8/9/2014I expected this restaurant to be burgers, fries, and chicken wings. Instead, it had burgers and a variety of other choices such as New York strip and a very tasty pork loin. The food was great and the ambiance was very nice as well. My only complaint, if any, is that the main level was a bit noisy. I would definitely recommend it to my friends.Special Features:
- 2nd Time AroundseafordinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014It was our second time a Guy's and my opinion hasn't changed. If you like food inspired by DD&D, you will like Guy's American Bar and Grill, if you are looking a fine dining experience you are in the wrong place. Felt a little more rushed this time around, which I did not appreciate, our meal, including dessert was over in about an hour. The level of service was not as good as the last time, it was fine in terms of efficiency, just felt very flat and lacking in terms of personality and warmth.Special Features:
- bistropub7Dined on 8/8/2014Food was very good but the menu was a bit limited. What we ordered was delicious though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.