Guy Fieri's Chophouse - Bally's
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Guy Fieri's Chophouse - Bally's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ballysac.com/restaurants/guy-fieris-chophouse.html#.VAXUE6OwU-U
- Phone: 6093402350
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a small private dining area that can be closed off from the rest of the restaurant.
A word from Guy Fieri's Chophouse - Bally's
Guy Fieri's Atlantic City Chophouse is the ultimate dining experience for all fans of Guy Fieri and lovers of succulent seafood dishes, killer burgers and juicy, top of the line cuts of meat. We offer sit down dining as well as a spacious lounge area to grab one of our handcrafted cocktails or one of our 20 craft beers on tap. We also feature great views of the Atlantic City Boardwalk and a fresh raw bar along with hand rolled sushi. Guy's Chophouse is the only one of its kind and is one of the only Guy Fieri Restaurants on the East Coast, so come on in and take a journey to Flavortown!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Guy Fieri's Chophouse - Bally's - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Guy Fieri's Chophouse - Bally's reviews from OpenTable diners
268 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (156)special occasion (131)scenic view (102)good for groups (101)hot spot (84)vibrant bar scene (55)romantic (43)late-night find (36)notable wine list (34)neighborhood gem (30)great for lunch (28)kid-friendly (21)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- ScottDined on 9/29/2014Ambiance was nice sitting by windows , however waitress was knowledgeable but slow ! we were there 3 hours and food was average tasting but rediculously overpriced and quantity average. 450.00 with tip for 4 people is not a fair price for what we were givenSpecial Features:
- Best meal of our life!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Everything from start to finish was perfection! Our server was friendly, attentive and extremely knowledgeable about all of the items on the menu. The pretzel and butter that arrives at your table is so much better than the standard rolls and butter that one typically receives. They literally have something to please everyone! They not only have a lobster tank but they also have a sushi area where it is rolled fresh upon request. They have great cuts of steak as well as some chicken and pork dishes as well. They have a very unique dessert selection, we ended up getting the Smore's tacos – they were amazing!! In similar cities we have spent well over $200 for a meal of this caliber… That was not the case here. I highly recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I tried itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014First time here. Our waiter, Blaze was very entertaining. Reminded me of Guy on steroids, which was amusing. Service was very fast. Stuffed mushroom app was pretty good. Tried bacon mac & cheese, which was okay, nothing too special. Tried buffalo dusted fries, which I really liked. It was nothing too fancy, but I enjoyed it and would get that again. I had shrimp tempura sushi roll, which was very huge and very good. This I would get again for sure. We had filet and I am not big on spending $42 for a piece of meat, but it was at least very good. We had a shirmp cocktail also, which were huge shrimp and tasted good. Overall, I would probably go back and try a burger next time along with the sushi roll with the buffalo app.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guy does everything bigBobMinchakDined on 9/28/2014Looking for a place to dine, my wife noticed a huge bill board for Guy Fieri's Chophouse. On line reviews would have made one think we were heading for a meal of our life. Don't get me wrong, the food wasn't bad, but it was no great shake either. The prices are high and everything is a la carte. The portions are large, so if you are 60 pounds over weight and want to hit 65 pounds over weight, this place might be for you. If the food was super delicious, it might be worth stuffing yourself, but it is so so. The waitress said to us, "Guy does everything big." Maybe Guy should try doing it good first.
- Joe GOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014It was good, no blown away but good. Notable we're the danger wings appetizer and the Maple Bourbon glazed Pork Chop with cornbread andouille stuffing. Another appetizer of pulled pork stuffed mushrooms with asiago cheese was also good. My wife had the chicken fried chicken with Jalepeno cheddar waffle which was good aside from the country gravy on top was not as hot as she would have liked it. Also worth mentioning was the bacon Mac and cheese with cheese crackers on top which can be ordered as a side. We didn't have desert but there were some choices that sounded very good. Our overall service was very good. Our server was attentive and pleasant. One negative was that there is no kids menu and choices are limited if you have children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very disappointedsull146Dined on 9/28/2014Very disappointed in this new restaurant, all food was served cold to luke warm. Service was good but not the food, my wife's lobster tail was very small for the price of $45, oysters were not served hot, and the Mexican ice creme was horrible, soggy, did not eat more then one spoon ful . Was told by waiter that manager would visit us, but he never came to our table, will not returnSpecial Features:
- Hot Food!JTDallasDined on 9/27/2014Everything about the place was great. First our reservation was right on time. Service was prompt. Before dinner cocktails came out quickly. The meal, came cooked to order and hot. Great taste, and flavors. All in all a grrat experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good the second time around!ACpeopleDined on 9/27/2014This summer we couldn't wait for our AC vacation so we could eat at Guy's Chophouse. We were not disappointed, everything was great especially the service. This week we returned with friends telling them how great everything was and assuring them they would love it. Unfortunately that was not the case. The appetizers were good but the rest of the meal was disappointing. The fish special was ok, but a bit over cooked. The specialty burgers were dry and not what you might expect. Passable but not great. The service this time around was terrible. The waiter was inattentive and quick to blame everyone else for his mistakes. A third time....???.
- Fabulous Experience!GuyrocksDined on 9/27/2014Guy's restaurant truly was a fabulous experience! The food was "off the hook!" My husband and I went for our anniversary, and really enjoyed ourselves. The music was a bit loud, but that is Guy Fieri. I would definitely recommend Chop House to my family and friends.Special Features:
- Mr Chris KuenselRoot24Dined on 9/26/2014I thought that our service was outstanding and the food was out of this world. Everything was great. I have told several people and can not wait to go back to try more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Steakhouse!GreatVIPDined on 9/26/2014Tremendous food and by far the best service ever, request Blaze as your server and he'll give you a dining experience like no other, the prime rib was big and tasty, and the provolone sticks were incredible. I'm glad to see a steakhouse in Atlantic City that is so down to earth, with top notch service to go with it. I will be dining here again and many more times.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/25/2014I was very disappointed with my recent trip to the Chophouse. The service was actually great despite other reviews. We had a new trainee named Diva and she was the saving grace for our experience! We ordered the burger and the chicken fried chicken. The burger was flavorless but piled with condiments to mask the subpar flavor. The gravy that the chicken was sitting on was so incredibly salty that it was impossible to eat! The manager was very sweet and accommodating...however it seemed to be a common complaint. The only enjoyable menu item was the Kentucky Sidecar! I would not recommend!
- JustpeopleJust2peopleDined on 9/25/2014This is the second visit to Guy's Chophouse. We enjoyed it so much the 1st time that we took friends this time. The onion soup was enjoyed by 2 of us. Not liking pulled pork, I didn't enjoy the bbq'ed stuffed mushrooms (I know the menu said pork but I don't remember it stating "pulled"). We each had a different hamburger for our main course and it took over 30 minutes and one complaint to the manager for them to be delivered. After we got passed all the toppings and just tasted the burger, we realized that the burger was tasteless. Management took responsibility for the poor service but did defend their hamburgers. I don't know if the other couple will return but we will based on the food/service we received during our first visitI would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for 3EdwardWileczekDined on 9/24/2014All three of us ordered something different, and we were all pleased with everything we ate. The only thing that wasn't up to par was our waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no viewwillbebackDined on 9/23/2014I was disappointed that we did not have the view of the board walk. We should have been asked if we wanted to sit in that section with the view. To much information given while walking to the table with the host.Special Features:
- will last at ballyschazVIPDined on 9/23/2014went for the first time last night on tues 9/23. i live here in brigantine and have been to every casiono restaurant in ac. i was pleasantly surprised by the way the old reserve was re-done and the ambiance and seating arrangements were perfect. had a reserv and was seated ilmmediately, bu this was restaurant was top notch. started with the tomato salad,fried onion rings,evo,cucumbers and balsamic vin perfectly served cold and ample for 2. great dish,i ordered the prime rib meds well,great cut,seasoned perfect and cooked as ordered,wife had chicken with waffle,just ok.my only complaint is my wife enjoys pinot grigio ,so all she wanted was a glass and the only pinot grigio on the menu was santa marg at 16$ a glass,Special Features:
- blpj26Dined on 9/21/2014Bacon Mac and cheese burger. Chocolate brownie tacos .. heaven sent . Such different things in, this menu. I couldnt help but look at how good everyones dish looked. our waiter Trixie was awesome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!NancyDined on 9/21/2014Went to AC for weekend 9/21/14 and chose to eat at Guy Fieri's Chop House. I am very glad we decided to give it a try. I always enjoy his shows on Food network , and now I am sold on his recipes! My husband and I shared a Caesar salad...it had STUFFED CROUTONS ( with Asiago,Parmesan and some other cheeses) they were TO DIE FOR! I had the filet mignon....it was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. The " bread" on the table was soft pretzel bread served with soft butter mixed with honey,coarse mustard and IPA beer..yummy! We ordered a one pound baked potato to share and we were stuffed! No room for dessert! We plan to return to try prime rib which looked awesome ! And save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surprisegmkinneyVIPDined on 9/20/2014We wnt to Guy's to try the resturant for my wife's birthday and we were impressed with the service and staff. The food was excellent but the staff put it over the top.Special Features:
- needs workGLS59Dined on 9/19/2014sashimi taco was awesome- prime rib portion was HUGE, but was chewy and lacked flavor. To the restaurants credit, they offered to replace the meal, but I had already finished eating by the time the offer was made. The butterfish entrée was ok. Service was a little slow, but every time I looked for our servers they were waiting on other guests- maybe they need more staff? The food is always the bottom line so I can only rate my experience as 3 star, which is a shame, I was really looking forward to this meal.Special Features:
- ExcellentNickNackDined on 9/18/2014Excellent service, excellent quality food and large portions. The drink menu - beer, wines by the bottle and by the glass, and specialty drinks - was outstanding. You won't leave here hungry!Special Features:
- so-soACDiner123Dined on 9/18/2014I would recommend appetizers and burgers. Dinners are too expensive and just so so
- I was prepared to be disappointedJoeACDined on 9/16/2014But, actually we really enjoyed our meal! Service was friendly and professional, from Pandora at the door to our server Katrina and manager, Jeff, who stopped by our table... We wanted a light, casual meal so we split an order of wings to start...EXCELLENT! Then, we had burgers...again EXCELLENT! Can't wait to try the rest of the menu!Special Features:
- just ok ...BillVIPDined on 9/16/2014the mozzarella appetizer was decent. enjoyed the wedge salad. NY Strip Steak and Pork Chop bland. Potato and Mac & Cheese side ... very rich and over done. Fried ice cream was horrible. tasted like burnt coconut.
- Joerf8Joerf8Dined on 9/16/2014Food was great, many interesting choices, good size portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackpotPeaceEatsVIPDined on 9/14/2014Food was absolutely amazing! Dragon roll was great way to start things off and my salmon dish was delicious. Our waiter (name tag said SUB-ZERO) was very quick and efficient. Definitely glad I chose to have dinner at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent food, terrible serviceChophouseAtlanticCityDined on 9/13/2014The food was incredible. The only reason I didn't rate an overall 5 is because our server was terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchFrostyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was great - service could have been a little better. We were supposed to have two servers and one was never seen and the other was nice but MIA sometimes. Fri the price you should expect more. Compared to the Capital Grill it is a step down at the same price point. Wish there was a Capital Grill in AC. Will try again.Special Features:
- Very Disappointingnancan1Dined on 9/12/2014Were greeted nicely at the door, seated quickly. Waiter came over 3 times and left to attend to other tables before we were able to place our order. Bread limited to 1 small soft pretzel, overheated and hard. Chopped salad was not chopped, ingredients were very sparse. Main courses arrived in a timely manner. 4 very small lamb chops for $38! Rib chop not huge for $47. Lamb very good. Steak was not tender and done medium when medium rare was ordered. Sides did not arrive until we asked for them again. We never felt comfortable or welcome. A very disappointing experience. Not worth the money. Did not validate our parking or tell us we had to. Fortunately, we had the receipt which the nice cashier accepted and charged $5 and not $20.
- OUTSTANDINGCLYDE55Dined on 9/12/2014THE FOOD WAS GREAT AT A REASONABLE PRICE AND THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING ! I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANTSpecial Features:
- AwesomeTunagirlDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I have eaten in Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Bobby Flay's, Emeril Lagasse and Shula's Steak House and we have to say that Guys Fieri's Chop House was unbelievable. Our waiter Luigi went over everything on the menu. We started out with BBQ Stuffed Mushrooms and PotBelly Sliders and for dinner we had the Bourbon Pork Chop and Java Rib Chop and the both were awesome!! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!FreddeeeDined on 9/10/2014What a great meal! Only negative, the food was a little slow coming out but great when it got there.Special Features:
- yonkDined on 9/10/2014Excellent food, but we waited an hour between appetizers and entrees (on a Wednesday night) with no explanation from the waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Varied menugattyVIPDined on 9/8/2014Great place, fun menu-so many choices!!!! Had the lamb chops and creamed spinach, was delish! Husband had stuffed crab legs, they were awesome too-would def go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeJulesDined on 9/8/2014Food was amazing, service was excellent. Dessert portions were definitely meant for sharing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TONS OF FOODSubtleSandyDined on 9/7/2014Enjoyed the food very much. There should be a warning about the amount of food you order though; huge portions. Had the bacon mac'n cheese burger and the potato bar; both were top notch :) Also really enjoyed the sushi roll the table split. Would have loved to try dessert but we were stuffed. Only issue- the server charged the wrong check to our debit card. It was wrong to the tune of over $100. In a casino, we thought the credit back to our card would come quickly. It has not. The incorrect amount plus our check has been on our debit card for over 5 days. This has left a bad taste in our mouth as our hamburgers have now been the most expensive burgers ever!Special Features:
- Enjoyed this mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014We went here for the 2nd time. It was just as good as the first! The menu is not run of the mill Atlantic City Steak House. It's a fun menu and a vibrant place. Everyone working there is upbeat and pleasant which makes it fun to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was exceptionally personable.NotSnobsDined on 9/5/2014Staff made us comfortable from the time we walked in the door. Server asked questions about the quality of our meals without being too intrusive. Food was great as well. We will be back to try other menu items that caught our interest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B day weekendBDaycelebrationDined on 9/4/2014Great Food and awesome experience I would go back the next time we visit ACSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best new restaurantjerseygirlDined on 9/4/2014What a wonderful dining experience. The server was very knowledgeable about the menu & very attentive. Food was some of the best I have tasted.Special Features: