Guy Fieri's Chophouse - Bally's
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Guy Fieri's Chophouse - Bally's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ballysac.com/restaurants/guy-fieris-chophouse.html#.VAXUE6OwU-U
- Phone: 6093402350
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a small private dining area that can be closed off from the rest of the restaurant.
A word from Guy Fieri's Chophouse - Bally's
Guy Fieri's Atlantic City Chophouse is the ultimate dining experience for all fans of Guy Fieri and lovers of succulent seafood dishes, killer burgers and juicy, top of the line cuts of meat. We offer sit down dining as well as a spacious lounge area to grab one of our handcrafted cocktails or one of our 20 craft beers on tap. We also feature great views of the Atlantic City Boardwalk and a fresh raw bar along with hand rolled sushi. Guy's Chophouse is the only one of its kind and is one of the only Guy Fieri Restaurants on the East Coast, so come on in and take a journey to Flavortown!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Guy Fieri's Chophouse - Bally's - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Guy Fieri's Chophouse - Bally's reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (128)special occasion (111)scenic view (87)good for groups (86)hot spot (74)vibrant bar scene (49)romantic (38)late-night find (33)notable wine list (30)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (25)kid-friendly (18)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- just ok ...BillVIPDined on 9/16/2014the mozzarella appetizer was decent. enjoyed the wedge salad. NY Strip Steak and Pork Chop bland. Potato and Mac & Cheese side ... very rich and over done. Fried ice cream was horrible. tasted like burnt coconut.
- JackpotPeaceEatsVIPDined on 9/14/2014Food was absolutely amazing! Dragon roll was great way to start things off and my salmon dish was delicious. Our waiter (name tag said SUB-ZERO) was very quick and efficient. Definitely glad I chose to have dinner at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The food was incredible. The only reason I didn't rate an overall 5 is because our server was terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchFrostyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was great - service could have been a little better. We were supposed to have two servers and one was never seen and the other was nice but MIA sometimes. Fri the price you should expect more. Compared to the Capital Grill it is a step down at the same price point. Wish there was a Capital Grill in AC. Will try again.Special Features:
- Very Disappointingnancan1Dined on 9/12/2014Were greeted nicely at the door, seated quickly. Waiter came over 3 times and left to attend to other tables before we were able to place our order. Bread limited to 1 small soft pretzel, overheated and hard. Chopped salad was not chopped, ingredients were very sparse. Main courses arrived in a timely manner. 4 very small lamb chops for $38! Rib chop not huge for $47. Lamb very good. Steak was not tender and done medium when medium rare was ordered. Sides did not arrive until we asked for them again. We never felt comfortable or welcome. A very disappointing experience. Not worth the money. Did not validate our parking or tell us we had to. Fortunately, we had the receipt which the nice cashier accepted and charged $5 and not $20.
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014THE FOOD WAS GREAT AT A REASONABLE PRICE AND THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING ! I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANTSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!!FreddeeeDined on 9/10/2014What a great meal! Only negative, the food was a little slow coming out but great when it got there.Special Features:
- yonkDined on 9/10/2014Excellent food, but we waited an hour between appetizers and entrees (on a Wednesday night) with no explanation from the waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Varied menugattyVIPDined on 9/8/2014Great place, fun menu-so many choices!!!! Had the lamb chops and creamed spinach, was delish! Husband had stuffed crab legs, they were awesome too-would def go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeJulesDined on 9/8/2014Food was amazing, service was excellent. Dessert portions were definitely meant for sharing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TONS OF FOODSubtleSandyDined on 9/7/2014Enjoyed the food very much. There should be a warning about the amount of food you order though; huge portions. Had the bacon mac'n cheese burger and the potato bar; both were top notch :) Also really enjoyed the sushi roll the table split. Would have loved to try dessert but we were stuffed. Only issue- the server charged the wrong check to our debit card. It was wrong to the tune of over $100. In a casino, we thought the credit back to our card would come quickly. It has not. The incorrect amount plus our check has been on our debit card for over 5 days. This has left a bad taste in our mouth as our hamburgers have now been the most expensive burgers ever!Special Features:
- Enjoyed this mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014We went here for the 2nd time. It was just as good as the first! The menu is not run of the mill Atlantic City Steak House. It's a fun menu and a vibrant place. Everyone working there is upbeat and pleasant which makes it fun to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was exceptionally personable.NotSnobsDined on 9/5/2014Staff made us comfortable from the time we walked in the door. Server asked questions about the quality of our meals without being too intrusive. Food was great as well. We will be back to try other menu items that caught our interest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B day weekendBDaycelebrationDined on 9/4/2014Great Food and awesome experience I would go back the next time we visit ACSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best new restaurantjerseygirlDined on 9/4/2014What a wonderful dining experience. The server was very knowledgeable about the menu & very attentive. Food was some of the best I have tasted.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014SUPERB!!!!! Celebrated my 70th birthday that day. Very impressed with the service, knowledge by our waiter Luigi. Also for the gentleman going to each table to say hello and how he talked to us like we knew each other. It reminded us of our restaurant here Ilio DiPalo's Italian restaurant. He was the same way talking to each guest, and now his son Dennis carries on the tradition. I would recommend this to all our friends and we would dine at this restaurant again if wherever I am visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not have high expectationsGuyfieriDined on 9/1/2014We went in expecting the most innovative ways and flavors of Guy's cuisine, but were sadly disappointed. The flavors just did not reach our pallets. The porkchop although cooked correctly, it was bland along with the T-bone steak. Our third guest had the mac&cheese burger which was good except our guest didn't want any of the extra fittings (lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles) and the server forgot to mention the pickles which overwelmed the hamburger bun. Our server, Guido (yes that was his name) was probably one of the top 10 weirdest people I've ever met. He was informative but scattered brained. Mid sentence he would see something waiting at the kitchen and or bar and bolt, like his ADHD was on overdrive.Special Features:
- yummyscsantiagoDined on 9/1/2014The food is delicious ...the service depending on the server, can be questionable. Dined here twice and had two very different experiences..neither bad but one definitely better than the other. .. it would be nice if there was consistency. Food as stated earlier was beyond delicious definitely will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedHighrollerDined on 8/31/2014Very enjoyable meal, been to his restaurant in NY and Chophouse is much better. If in AC check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in Atlantic CityOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014Great menu. All of the food we ordered was delicious. Steaks were outstanding. Cooked perfectly and stand on their own. No spices, butter, no overstated extras on the steak. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!luv2dineVIPDined on 8/31/2014The menu was fantastic. Everything looked so good - really tough to pick just one or two things. Can't wait to go back and try other itemsSpecial Features:
- Its All About the SteaksSandraskoVIPDined on 8/31/2014Steaks are great here -- have had the prime rib and the kona-rubbed rib eye -- both were delicious. If you are into burgers, the Bacon Mac and Cheese burger is a great find. Haven't really found the right appetizer here -- both that calamari and the Vegas fries leave a bit to be desired. The butter-bombed Yukon Gold potato is a definite winner. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was goodMarieDined on 8/31/2014Food was good. I got Guy's Big Bite. Short ribs were so tender. The crab legs were a little fishy tasting. Street corn was really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014The food and service were both terrific. The stuffed mushrooms with pulled pork were out standing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the roughSssdineVIPDined on 8/30/2014Surprised to find this gem in the tired Bally casino Beautiful contemporary ambiance Seafood sushi steaks and burgers - Cocktail sauce has just the right amount if kick amazing sweet corn side with kick of spice and avocadoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bowammeDined on 8/30/2014The Steak tasted like it was burnt and was not cook to our request. The amount of shredded onions and potatoes on the other food items was a complete overkill. The dinner was definitly not worth the cost.Special Features:
- Slow service; weird food!FoodieAtheartDined on 8/28/2014The ambience is that of a sports bar and the food has a twist but not in a good way. The calamari had fried lime slices mixed in and you can barely tell the difference between the actual calamari and the lime until you taste it... And then its too late! The sushi is terrible... Go to a real asian place for this! The pork chop was a little dry. The vegetables were excellent and so were the hostesses.Special Features:
- What a Guy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/27/2014Such a fun food night. Go hungry, and don't expect healthy (although surprisingly, you COULD find healthy selections if you are so inclined). The menu is pure joy and flavor. Even things like a plain old ceasar salad are special, with their huge grilled croutons stuffed with melted cheese. We chose to share the TBone steak AND the Butterfish (what a find!)...and both were scrumptious and perfectly done. The "Potato Bomb" side dish was pretty memorable...but we will have to go back simply because there were so many side dishes we wanted to try. Our mint dream dessert with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and Junior Mints on cookie crust was something to write home about, as well. Can't wait to go back, next time with a group of friends!Special Features:
- great timeCharlie13Dined on 8/27/2014Food and service was outstanding. The view of the ocean is wonderful. This restaurant is a great addition to Atlantic CitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceEatitallDined on 8/26/2014Food was a great and so was the service. If you have a chance go to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014This restaurant has potential but much work is needed with the staff. The hostess was rude and the wait staff inexperienced. The food was good not excellent. I eexpected much more at this retaurant. Maybe Guy needs to make a visit himself.Special Features:
- Not what i expectedFoodieDined on 8/25/2014The food was ok but I expected better after I had read te reviews. The sides were supposed to be shareable but were way to small. It was the size of a regular side at a normal restaurant. We got two butter bombs and there was mostly regular baked potato since it's served in a potato and barely any mashed potato which is what they were. My boyfriend got the T-bone steak and there was probably three ounces of filet on there even though it should be half. He had gotten this steak at Ruth Chris and multiple steak restaurants and there is always more strip then filet but there is usually atleaSt double the filet from what he got here. The steak was also somewhat fatty. The menu is small so look ahead of time. It is Not worth the price here.Special Features:
- First Time Dinerseatin4threeDined on 8/25/2014Our overall experience was great, however, the two hostesses were not friendly. We also had reservations and those who did not were still seated before our group. The dining experience was great. The wait staff is friendly, the food is presented well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guy should be proud!KaseyDined on 8/25/2014Every aspect of the restaurant was perfect -food and hospitality would make Guy proud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSnowmanDined on 8/25/2014I took my wife there for her birthday dinner while celebrating in Atlantic City. Considering it hasn't been open long, the restaurant is well organized. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by the hostess and she directed us to our table. The waitress took our drink order as we looked over the menu, as appitizer we shared the parmagian/bacon baked oysters. I had the stuffed pork chop and my wife had ribeye steak, the choices we made are highly recommended to others looking to visit the restaurant. We were able to carry on a conversation since the noise level low, beautiful atmosphere, and a friendly knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marksDined on 8/23/2014I was very disappointed. This was my 2nd time at Guy Fieri's Chophouse. The first time was completely enjoyable so I recommended it. The second time was a complete disappointment on multiple levels. We asked to be seated in the front room and they declined our request. They put us in the back room with no windows. It was dark and unappealing.. A completely different restaurant and appeal from the front room. The pretzel bread was stale. We asked for more and were given an attitude by the bread server. Some of our food was not cooked to direction. We had an 8pm reservation. By 9pm the back room where we were sitting was almost empty. It was dull, with no energy. At times it was hard to get the attention of the wait staff. Will not return.
- Bigger than bigAlexBVIPDined on 8/23/2014The calamari "South Jersey" style was unique and tasty, with fried hot peppers in the mix -- very shareable. Onion soup was also very well prepared with lots of baked cheese -- and LARGE portioned. The Lamb pops were prepared to order and not gamey -- recommend that one. The Prime Rib was also great -- but beware, you can feed three adults with it; unless you have a big appetite, you might want to share that one. Wish we had dessert, but we were full. Will be back again.Special Features:
- Perfect dining experience.GrouchDined on 8/23/2014Would not change a thing. Blaze deserves Kudos for making a great dinner even better.Special Features:
- slt16Dined on 8/23/2014Very good. Excellent Food & Excellent Service. View of the ocean with the window table they gave us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good but....OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was very good - had Guy's big burger and dh had salmon; we also shared an oyster app. Large portions as well. However, during the meal some sort of ear piercing alarm went off. Staff didn't seem phased by it and when our server came by he said he would check on it. After it stopped, no one addressed it or apologized. Unfortunately, there is no choice to describe it under the noise level options. Also, a little put off by a restaurant of this quality having a gift shop - it's not Cracker Barrel after all.Special Features: