519 Avenue of the Americas (6th Avenue)
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gustorganics.com/
- Phone: 212-242-5800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (Daily): 11am - 4pm
Dinner (Daily): 4pm - 11:30pm
Brunch (Saturday & Sunday): 11am - 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Elisabeth Birkenhagen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: GustOrganics offers Catering services for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Our food is made daily on premises with only USDA certified organic ingredients. All of our packaging is environmentally sensitive and most of it biodegradable.
- Special Events: The most exciting and special dining room with the best organic cuisine, perfect for intimate group dinners, and all parties. Our restaurant also includes the first 100% USDA certified organic bar on the planet!
For inquiries please contact our special events coordinator at:
- Cross Street: 14th Street
- Public Transit: 1, 2, 3, F & L trains to 14th Street/6th Avenue, PATH train to 14th Street, and A, C, E trains to 14th Street/8th Avenue.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: On 6th Avenue and on 14th Street between 7th & 8th Avenues meter parking is available until 7pm and free after 7pm.
A word from GustOrganics
GustOrganics is New York City's first & only USDA certified organic restaurant and first in the world to use 100% certified organic ingredients. Frequented by progressive & hip dinners of all ages GustOrganics serves mid-priced tasty, organic, Latin-inspired cuisine, with vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and meat options. The menu changes daily, and all food is made on premises using local products as much as possible. GustOrganics is also one of the most progressive restaurants, using wind power only, sunlight, recycling, composting, energy efficient kitchen equipment, biodegradable packaging, and other environmentally sensitive practices. The bar is the first certified organic one on the planet. The decor is simple and rustic, the ambiance light and airy. In warm weather, diners may choose indoor open-air dining or sidewalk cafe seating. GustOrganics is Changing the world one meal at a time 365 days a year for breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner, take out, delivery & catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
GustOrganics reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (9)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (7)romantic (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Very GoodTaylorDined on 8/29/2014The food was delish, many gluten free varieties. Nice serving sizeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Organic and tastyCakesVIPDined on 8/24/2014Wish there were more places like this around. The food is good and healthy.Special Features:
- Great for the picky eater.MishyDined on 8/15/2014I've eaten at this restaurant several times when in NYC on business. They have healthy organic options for all and I have never been disappointed. Plus it is affordable. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialNikkitadinerDined on 8/1/2014Nice place for healthy clean eating Would highly recommend to friends...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veggies / Paleo / OrganicJakeVIPDined on 7/10/2014This spot is for you - and don't worry, they serve meat, too.Special Features:
- unreal gluten free dessertsseanDined on 7/8/2014The gluten free carrot cake is possibly the best carrot cake I've ever had, including "glutened" ones.
- Great for the health conciousladieswholunchDined on 7/2/2014GustOrganics has a varied menu. It's divided so that if you prefer to eat vegetarian or raw, you can find choices. There are also choices for carnivores. Everything is organic. The portions are HUGE! My friend and I shared the Mexicali salad and zucchini spaghetti (both cold dishes). Both were super plentiful. The zucchini spaghetti was bland to my taste. The salad was amazing if you like raw kale. I was there one other time and my friend and I shared a smaller kale salad, a veggie burger and vegetable coconut curry - all were GREAT. I love when I find a restaurant that serves healthy and tasty food that offers a lot of choices for vegetarians. If that's what you're looking for, you'll find it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Organic, healthy and delicious foodmariahDined on 6/28/2014The food of this restaurant is really good. However, the place is very simple and not well decorated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; great service!NicdoesVegVIPDined on 6/23/2014Love this Resto. Can't say enough good things about it from the tasty food to the wine to the wonderful service. All fabulous. Lots of variety and lots of tasty foods. It has become one of my absolute favs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good but need to work on vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/22/2014Live this place for its efforts on organic. Super important to me and great to go somewhere where EVERYTHING is scrutinized. So thanks! Definitely need to working on improving vibe a bit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!PerfectionDined on 6/22/2014My husband and I were looking for something with vegan options for him but not for myself. We found the menu had had excellent choices for both of us! We loved our drinks, apps and dinners! Plus the outdoor seating was just what we were looking for. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth tryingLalalaLindaDined on 6/13/2014Delicious choices for all palate. However, dessert options fell short for lactose intolerant and folks with but allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- customerDined on 6/11/2014Service was very slow and not as attentive as I thought it would be. Bar ran out of item and was never told. Waited and waited until i actually went to bar to find out that they ran out of ingredients. Basil and ginger cocktail was very good. Definitely would recommend for those on specific diets (pale, organic, macro, etc). Desert of mock blueberry pie was frozen. Not what I had expected. Not so good. When told to waiter, no response or action taken. Waiter staff was short handed. Waiter was not as attentive as we thought. Seemed station was overworked. We believe that he had stations inside near bar as well as outside. When it was time to pay check, we had to locate our waiter who was outside talking to passer by on street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gretchenDined on 6/10/2014Lovely, fresh, delicious and interesting food. Welcoming staff. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going down hill....URWhatUEatVIPDined on 6/8/2014Husband & I have been coming here for years & have noticed that both service & food are progressively going bad. This will be the last time we eat at Gustorganics. Service is subpar - starter came out AFTER entrees & lame excuse given, very slow & inefficient. Food portions have dwindled to about 1/3 what it was, and found a hair in my entree! The kitchen is S-L-O-W - took over 45 mins for food to come out and the restaurant had only 3 other tables at the time. There are plenty of other restaurants to go to.
- Prefer takeoutNaturalFoodieDined on 6/1/2014I prefer doing takeout from GustOrganics because the service really isn't great. My boyfriend and I ate here once and it took forever for someone to come over and then forever to pay the check. The prices are also very high for what the food is. I love the lentil soup, but it's $15 for a bowl and a side. And the cake is the most delicious cake in THE WORLD, vegan and gluten free (quinoa flour), but it's $8, which is so expensive. I've also tried the raw zucchini pesto, which was alright, but definitely not worth the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super servicez!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Super service, filtered water (no fluoride) and great food! I love this place!Special Features:
- MMMMmmmYumYumDined on 5/24/2014I have been to this place about six times and loved it every one of them--those I've brought with me had no complaints either. The steak empanadas and lemon chicken are amazing. Obviously the fact that Gustorganics is an organic restaurant was the main selling point but the food can stand up to any place I've ever eaten. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- The following 313 reviews are from the GustOrganics reviews archive.
- Clean food for the health conciousdogma505VIPDined on 5/20/2014We recently moved to NYC from Santa Fe and the one really notable difference between the East Coast and the West coast is the lack of healty eating options. Yes, there are places in the city but limited. Gust Organics offers something for everyone and every diet type. Paleo, macro, gluten free, vegan, you name it they have a menu for it. They are a certified organic restaurant and everything was fresh, fresh, fresh. Had the Hemp-anda and a chicken empanada ....loved the hemp one. We both had the grass fed filet migon which was done perfectly and followed up with a lemon pistachio cheesecake which was decent. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent brunchLauraDined on 5/17/2014My friend and I went for Saturday brunch and were able to sit outside. We got huevos rancheros and chilaquiles to share and they were perfect! Great coffee, mimosa, and sangria, as well. Our server was kind and attentive. Overall, we had no complaints! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why can't we put LOUD?NotApplicableDined on 5/13/2014I don't understand why the euphemism for SO FREAKING LOUD THAT YOU HAVE TO SHOUT TO HEAR YOUR FELLOW DINERS as "Energetic"? We're not at the gym. We're trying to enjoy dinner. So, why the overloud music (especially so out-of-place to be Frank Sinatra night at Gustorganics)? The lights, were constantly flickering from normal lighting to all of a sudden dimming for no reason. I kept having to wonder, was there a tumor I didn't know about happening in my brain? The food is good, if only the restaurant would have any idea how to play subdued music and NOT subdued to flickering lighting.
- Organic havenOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/9/2014The atmosphere is very relaxed, food was outstanding, and service very friendly. I really appreciate the they have grass fed and free range meats. The have great vegetarian and vegan options too. I had the beef stew and it was excellent. The organic wines were also exceptional- I recommend the Rose. I would go back, for sure!Special Features:
- Decent, but not spectacular.LuluVIPDined on 5/9/2014We came to NYC for a few days and were looking for a place with organic produce and meats from sustainable farming. We found GustOrganics and were excited to try it out. It took like 10 mins to get out drinks and the bill for it even though there weren't other people at the bar. As for the food- the walnut tacos were delicious but the "taco shell" of endive was kind of bitter. I ordered the burger which really lacked flavour. My friend had the salmon and said the same thing. I actually left feeling still hungry. Next time in NYC I think I'll go back to BareBurger and Eatery.Special Features:
- Good food, bad service.GFHuntressDined on 5/9/2014The food was really good, especially the zucchini pasta and the walnut meat tacos. The service, however, was not. It took forever to place our order; the server forgot a glass of wine I ordered and he never came back for me to remind him so I gave up; we had to flag several servers down just to get our bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent organic foodRyanDined on 5/6/2014It's awesome to have a certified, all organic restaurant option in the city. The food was wonderful. It's rather expensive, but an excellent special occasion place to eat at if you are looking to avoid GMO foods and want to eat out once in a while. The service was slow to get us started, but once we ordered, the waiter, after that, was very quick and good. I would definitely eat here again for another special occasion and would recommend this restaurant for all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2014If you're a healthy guru like me, you will LOVE GustOrganics. Hands down, one of the best meals I've ever had (Avacado-Quinoa Salad + Lemon Chicken). Everything was so light and fresh. You didn't have that "heavy" feeling after eating restaurant food. The Zoodles were also EXCELLENT for lunch. Cannot wait to come back and sit outside!Special Features:
- Seemed OK at first...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2014Was hard to get a server to take our order, and when our appetizers came, it wasn't what we had ordered. After all that was sorted out... food seem to taste and be fine, but later I heard from my daughter, one of two vegans in the party, that she was violently ill later. So overall, it was not a great experience.
- JerseyGirl227VIPDined on 4/15/2014Food was outstanding and service was great. Would highly recommend!
- Don't miss this gemdianerubyDined on 3/26/2014Not someplace you may traditionally think of for a dinner in NYC especially if you only go to "fancy" upscale restaurants. Don't be fooled by the location or the name...food was absolutely outstanding. Took a business colleague from the UK who was very happy with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy but not boringmapi480Dined on 3/25/2014It was my first time dining here and I really enjoyed the food. I had Pad Thai and red sangria. I also tried the carrot cake and everything was delicious. The service was very good. After finishing our meal, my friend and I stayed a little bit longer just chatting and were not rushed to leave or anything. I wish they would add a little more to the drink menu but they do have something for everyone. Great place!Special Features:
- S-L-O-W serviceURWhatUEatVIPDined on 3/16/2014We've been here many times and have always had a pleasant experience. However, we got a new wait staff this time who wasn't trained at all and didn't know the menu. The kitchen was very slow as well and over-cooked my over-easy egg - twice! Seems like the menu was changed a little....and I'm not liking the mole sauce....oh yes, the food portions' been cut down as well. May be time to look for another organic spot!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor customer serviceFrequentfoodieVIPDined on 3/16/2014We came for brunch on a Sunday -- the restaurant had few customers. After we received our food, my daughters frittata was over cooked. She had a couple a of bites, and told the waiter. The waiter told the manager but when he returned to the table he did not remove the entree nor offer to get us another frittata. When the bill came, I told him I was surprised he did not take off the entry from my bill. He said he could get me another cup of coffee instead. I asked to talk to the manager. And he offered to take off 50% of the entree. I said no and paid the bill. I've never been to a restaurant so inconsiderate of the customer. I was appalled and will never go back.
- Great Food, Poor Service.NYCFoodKidVIPDined on 3/15/2014Had a large party for a bday. they were very proactive in being accommodating prior to arrival. However, during stay, various issues happened. The meal ticket was lost so some people did not get orders or they came out very slowly, even after several reminders people were waiting for food. Food came out very sporadically. big party it was difficult as it is polite to wait to eat until everyone has their food. It didn't seem like we just had one waiter and as the dining experience went on they eventually became non-existent. We had to ask several times for the check which is strange as the dining area is relatively small and the establishment was not overly busy. I do appreciate the manner with processing payment. Food was solid though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, healthy food optionsluv2dineDined on 3/10/2014Great, healthy food options - a little on the pricey side, but definitely a good place to go once and while to splurge on delicious cuisine. The carrot cake what OUT OF THIS WORLD :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, great food - so happyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014Great, great food - so happy to find an all organic place with a large selection of foods. The only problem we had was a long wait for the food, but once it came, it was wonderful. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Keep Coming BackOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/8/2014It's nice to know there's a place that consistently serves the healthiest of foods. I only wish they'd play with the menu a little more to offer a little more variety and then I'd visit more often!Special Features:
- Organic deliciousAaronFundingDined on 3/8/2014Great food, reasonable prices. Local scene, packed. Try the chicken enchilada with mole sauce, or just have a cappacino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedcs201Dined on 3/4/2014the food wasn't terrible, although for the quality i dont think it was worth it. souen is a far better option if you're looking for a quality vegetarian meal.
- WIll not returnVickiDined on 3/4/2014It was my first time here. The first set back was when the table that was reserved online was not ready, while there were other tables of the appropriate size with the "reserved" sign on them that were not offered to us. This was unpleasant beginning. The main disappointment was the food. I ordered Fillet Mignon and it was neither tender nor flavorful. The sauce was mediocre. The side of Brussels sprouts was undercooked and flavorless. Another person in my group ordered a burger - that was very good! The rest of the food was Okay. This restaurant may work for people on specific diets it caters to (macrobiotic, vegan) and it is reasonably priced, but there are other good NYC restaurants where special diets can be accommodated.
- My new favorite restaurant in NYC!food4Dined on 3/1/2014Excellent dining experience! Wonderful food and service, even with our large party. Loved the menu---something for everyone. Argentinian Beef Stew was outstanding. Cannot wait to go back and try the other entrees. Very reasonably priced for NYC. Have enthusiastically recommended this restaurant to many friends and family members.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.