Gusto! Ristorante Italiano
12022 Mayfield Road
Cleveland, OH 44106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gusto! Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gustolittleitaly.com/
- Phone: (216) 791-9900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Bar Open After Hours
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Weaver
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call for information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for information.
- Entertainment: Strolling musicians.
- Special Events: $5 Happy Hour Tuesday - Friday @ the bar tables only Bar Open After Hours
A word from Gusto! Ristorante Italiano
For authentic tastes of the Piedmont, this friendly, intimate dining room in the heart of Little Italy is the next best thing to an actual trip to the land of olive oil and garlic. Big flavors -- in such dishes as rack of lamb in a fruity fig-and-port reduction; long-boned veal chops, brushed with woodsy essence of porcini mushrooms; and homemade pappardelle, in sweet-tart Bolognese-style tomato sauce, made from freshly ground boar's meat and seasoned with garlic, rosemary, Chianti, and black pepper -- shake up the palate the way Carlo Rizzo rattles a tambourine. And then, when avuncular proprietor Ricardo Salerno strolls by, his fingers dancing across the keys of his accordion . . . well, this may be the Midwest, and you may not be Italian, but we'll promise you one thing: That's amore! Click here for a video tour of Gusto Ristorante Italiano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gusto! Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)romantic (8)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- WhERE IS DREW CAREY?BillVIPDined on 11/1/2014Who cares. This is a very nice local place. Staff very friendly and hospitable. A few things lacking however: Have to ask for bread basket and nothing special. Wine glass good but 12.99 for a claret Coppola hmmm. The arugula salad not bad, simple parmesan excellent with oil EVVO and some lemon an S and P .I suggest some baby kale and spinach for a little variety. The risotto was very nice and enjoy noble nice flavor and spice with rice and seafood. The finale was a very nice trio of baby Italian cannolis the best as good as any bakery. Not much for choice only 1 another item not even a cheesecake.Special Features:
- Good FoodScarheadDined on 10/11/2014Everybody in our party enjoyed the food and pleasant ambiance. I had beef filled tortellini with marinara and it was excellent.Special Features:
- Nut GustoDryflies1Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food, good wine list, friendly staff. Great ambience, casually sophisticated without pretense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect romantic evening!love2BromanticDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I went for an early dinner to "Gusto!" in Little Italy. We love the fact that you can pull up along the curb and get valet parking for any venue there. We wanted to try someplace we had never been before to celebrate or 45th Anniversay! For many years we had a special place that has since vanished. Their website said it was quiet and a special place. We had a lovely meal and were surprised with tiramasu and coffee after dinner. It was nice to get to talk and hear each other. I feel this could now be our new romantic dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From IlinoisPugloverDined on 8/30/2014Great little restaurant. Food was quite good. Service was excellent. Limited menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tommytommyDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful food and ambiance. The strolling accordion and wonderful young woman with the spectacular voice made for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningTuffyDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I went to Little Italy on August 2. We had a lovely evening at Gusto! I got the wild boar papardelle and beet salad, both were outstanding. My husband got the romaine salad, which is was not impressed by, and the pistachio gnocchi. He loved the gnocci. The place was charming and the waitress was knowledgeable and attentive. We would definitely return. Priced right, too!Special Features:
- The following 315 reviews are from the Gusto! Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- Disappointing servicewahoomikeDined on 7/12/2014We have dined at this restaurant in the past and have always had a positive experience. This past Saturday, I had reservations for 3 at 7:00 pm. The hostess said it would be a few minutes until our table was ready. No problem. The main dining room was empty because of a large private party, which arrived shortly after 7. For the next 30 minutes, several staff, including the owner, inquired as to whether we were still waiting for our table. After 30 minutes, we left and ended up having a great dinner at a nearby restaurant. I appreciate the fact that larger parties require more attention, but if you are unable to accomodate those with reservations, you should let them know at the onset.Special Features:
- Slice of ItalyDiningoutDined on 5/31/2014We always love to hear the owner, Rick, play the accordian as he strolls from table to table playing romantic pieces and taking requests. ;-) Food us consistently good each time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumMariaVIPDined on 5/31/2014Nice cozy place with food that's always good. Great little street seating in the heart of Little ItalySpecial Features:
- GustoPapaDined on 5/15/2014Great food, atmosphere. A little Italy gem. Wonderful veal, antipasto, dessert, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Pasta was overcooked and bruschetta was lackluster.
- #1 choice for top-shelf Italian!EvansclanDined on 5/10/2014We've made several trips here. The staff has ways offered over-the-top service, & been happy to cater to our special requests. Highly recommended - go when you have time to soak in the atmosphere & enjoy a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014special trout with topping was delicious. I had the grilled salad..not so good, but another of our party had the beet salad and she loved it. the bread was not fresh.
- Yummy!Winslowjc3rdDined on 4/26/2014Food was tasty and came out at a good pace. Wine list not extensive and somewhat overpriced. Order the meatballs, they were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningWeezerDined on 4/5/2014We went to Gusto with another couple for dinner . The food was very good. The artichoke appetizer and the grilled romaine salad was outstanding. After dinner we went for a walk around the Little Italy neighborhood. It was a very enjoyable evening,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latest VisitFirsttimerVIPDined on 4/4/2014We have been to Gustos several times and always enjoy it. This was no exception. We shared the calamari and the beet salad, and each had a pasta entrée - I had the ravioli and my wife had the lasagna. We were both very pleased. We had a great bottle of wine and would recommend this place.
- Very enjoyable mealBoroRulesDined on 4/1/2014Four of us had an excellent meal at Gusto on Tuesday evening. I had the salmon special which was beautifully prepared. I would recommend Gusto to anyone looking for a quite evening with friends or a good meal before or after a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Me and my fiancé recently visited for valentines day. The food was good and restuarant was very clean. Although my server rarely showed up and was more interested in there friends drinking at the bar. We were not checked on for how our food was until we were completely done with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great carpaccioBeckymVIPDined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentines so they didn't have a full menu so it's not totally fair to them to rate. The carpaccio app. Was truly great. Husband had salmon and he loved it. Friend had the Osso Bucco and loved it. I had the seafood feast and it was good but not great. The owner came around with his accordion and played love songs, and it made it really sweet. It's definitely worth trying but probably not the best in Little Italy . Reasonably priced option and the ambiance was quaint.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GustokjalDined on 2/14/2014First time at Gusto and we decided to go on Valentine's Day for dinner. Ordered the calamari, which was excellent. We had a ceaser salad, which was way overpriced ($9, but anywhere else it would have cost $2.99). We also had the seafood pasta, which had great taste. Overall, it was good, but a little pricey for the amount of food we received. Really no complaints though. The staff was very polite and worked hard to make sure we had what we needed. We even arrived a few minutes late due to traffic and they were very understandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine DiscoveryHappyWomanVIPDined on 2/8/2014Four good friends dined here Saturday and had a divine evening. EVERYTHING was perfect. Delicious food and the server was pleasant and well trained. The handsome owner, Rick, treated us to his virtuoso accordion playing and two lovely opera singers serenaded the room. It was a gorgeous evening! Later, gentle jazz notes from a talented keyboard player wafted through the dining room. It just doesn't get any better. Oh, and they have valet parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- some good, some not so goodbartDined on 2/6/2014The calamari appetizer was the best I've ever eaten. Wines were excellent. The beet salad was creative and delicious. My girlfriend's lamb chops were superb. However, the veal dish I ordered was tough, overcooked, and flavorless.Special Features:
- Average and overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/12/2014Real nice little place. Just wish food lived up to all the wonderful reviews. Eggplant Soufle was more like a custard with cheese and breadcrumbs folded into it. Very Quiche like. Beet salad was not tossed with dressing. Beets were nothing to write home about. Nuts were not toasted and the rest was a bunch of non inspired mesclun greens. BTW would like to of had the option of Cracked black pepper for the salad. No mention of this at all. Bread was ok with butter that tasted too sweet???? Penne pasta with pancetta was very basic and just ok. Parpedelle with Wild Boar Ragu was excellent just could not stomach how they could charge 15-16 for an appetizer of pasta and ground meat sauce. Both pasta dishes were way overpriced. Service was only ok
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2014Gusto is a fabulous restaurant that never disappoints. I live in Canton and was introduced to Gusto years ago by a friend. It has never disappointed! My family and I have tried other restaurants in Little Italy but keep coming back to Gusto as our family favorite. The ambiance is charming and the food is wonderful. We always get several orders of meatballs for appetizers so every one has their own. They are way too good to split. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealPreviouslysatisfieddinerDined on 1/8/2014Another delicious meal. The service was great. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Service Extraordinaire!CaryCarolVIPDined on 1/4/2014Our first visit to Gusto was a pleasant surprise...right in the middle of Little Italy in Cleveland and here is this gem with entrees not usually found in other Italian restaurants...everything we ate was fantastic, delicious and worth coming back to try again or add new tasty delights to our palate. But the service is also to be recognized! Jordan was our waiter and sommelier and he knows his business. When the Chianti we had requested was not available he selected a fine alternative. The descriptions of some of the plates and how they are cooked was spot on. Recommend GUSTO for romantic date nights, business dinners or just any time at all. You will not be disappointed. And tell Jordan that Cary sent you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good bistro!chris2dineVIPDined on 12/31/2013I always appreciate when a restaurant pulls it off well on NewYear's eve. Gusto's did. A fairly long wait for the table at the bar but to be expected given the night. Bartender ended up being our server and he was awesome. The right pace and always present when needed. Food quality was fine particularly for such a busy nite. The host/accordion player (owner?) was a great addition. This place is a good Italian bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve dinnerluvgreatfoodDined on 12/31/2013Fabulous food, wonderful ambience and great service. Perfect for a New Years Eve dinner with friends.Special Features:
- We ended up here as a lastHappynewyearsguestsDined on 12/31/2013We ended up here as a last minute new years eve choice thanks to open table. We were not disappointed. Great wine choices. Fantastic food. Starts to finishes. Our waitress was able to juggle an amazing amount of tables and kept us happy throughout. Thank you and have a very happy new year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experienceSusGBVIPDined on 12/31/2013Just the two of us for an earlyish New Year's Eve dinner. Spouse had the New York steak special w/ sautéed mushrooms & onions. I had a salmon special topped w/ coponata & it was yummy. Great decaf cappuccino too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find!Christine1020Dined on 12/31/2013Got a last minute reservation here for New Year's Eve. What a great find! Excellent wine list. Had the mussels which were tender and flavorful. Tried the filet and gnocchi, both of which were excellent, with cannoli for dessert. Overall a wonderful way to celebrate the new year. The ambience was warm and romantic. Great find in Little Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great New Year's EveDennyDined on 12/31/2013We have gone to gusto for the last four years. The food is wonderful and well prepared. The menu is traditional, but well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!MariaVIPDined on 12/22/2013Mushroom ravioli, rucola salad, owner playing the accordion ... priceless. Although lamb chops were overcooked (the waiter didn't even ask how we wanted them done). Chocolate tiramisu wasn't tiramisu at all - just lady fingers layered with chocolate mousse, but still pretty good.Special Features:
- Cute place in Little ItalyCheriVIPDined on 12/21/2013We enjoyed both the food and the service in this tiny cafe. Some of the dishes were unusual, like artichoke soufflé and the chocolate tiramisu. Some were more typical with a twist like the pasta with boar tomato sauce. Everything was delicious. There was a strolling accordion layer but he wasn't intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gusto is Great!AshlandFoodieDined on 12/21/2013This was our first trip to Little Italy. Gusto was great. We enjoyed every bite of our food and the live accordion music made us feel like we were really in Italy. We drove over an hour to visit and it was well worth the trip. Use the valet parking, it made parking easy in the rainy weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrived for a 5pm reservationValCDined on 12/21/2013Arrived for a 5pm reservation and the restaurant was empty. We were greeted and seated immediately; the hostess/server was very amiable. While the server was pleasant and attentive, the kitchen was extremely slow for our table of five. Tables who came in after us had eaten and left the restaurant before we had been served our entree. We left the restaurant at 7:30 pm and were late for the Cleveland Orchestra Christmas Concert. The drinks and food were wonderful, however. We had been to Gusto before and had wanted to return and will so again but probably not with any time constraints. Maybe if we had told our server of our after-dinner plans the service would have been a little more speedy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Part of the Family" feelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2013Gusto is a wonderful gem in the heart of Little Italy. Before our holiday experience at Severance Hall, we had an early dinner there, and it was fantastic. The food was delicious (don't miss the meatballs), the wine was wonderful, and we thoroughly enjoyed our accordian concernt by the owner. For a wonderful metropolitan experience in Little Italy, and food that makes you feel like you're a part of a wonderful Italian family, eat at Gusto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/7/2013I have heard so much about the restaurants in Little Italy, but this was my first time dining in this area. I could not have selected a more perfect location. The food and service was outstanding. I will definitely will recommend this spot to all my business colleagues.Special Features:
- Great foodlmck205Dined on 12/7/2013The food was outstanding. The pasta is homemade. We took our granddaughters there after the theater. The meatballs are over the top and so was the sauce. Can't wait to go back and try something different on the menu. The waiter was great. He treated our granddaughters like young ladies and gave them a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.