Gusto Ristorante e Bar Americano
60 Greenwich Ave
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Gusto Ristorante e Bar Americano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gustonyc.com/
- Phone: 2129248000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: Lunch 11:30am - 4pm
Dinner 4pm - 11..30pm
Saturday: Brunch 11:30am - 4pm Dinner 4pm - 12am
Sunday: Brunch 11:30am - 4pm Dinner 4pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Roberto Turchetto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Gusto Ristorante e Bar Americano has two private dining rooms that can accommodate up to 16 and 35 guests, respectively.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Ozler 8774482379
- Special Events: Two private rooms perfect for special events. The Wine Cellar is cozy & elegant and perfect for parties & business meetings. The Backroom is a larger space with round banquets and chandeliers perfect for showers, rehearsal dinners, etc. Gusto's event team will work closely with you to customize your event. email@example.com
A word from Gusto Ristorante e Bar Americano
Nestled in the heart of New York's historic Greenwich Village. Gusto melds authentic & traditional Italian cuisine with our own unique flavor & contemporary flare creating an experience like no other. Seasonal dining & signature artisan cocktails await you upon arrival with a wine list that showcases the best of Italy's viticulture. Located in a historic landmark building on Greenwich Avenue, Gusto is the perfect destination. Blending casual & elegance, Art Deco chandeliers sparkle seductively while plush leather banquettes & antique mirrors offset against a modern & majestic bar that invites you to surrender to a memorable dining experience. At the heart of Gusto lies a private underground wine cellar, candelabras set in rustic stone surround a grand banquet table, perfect for your next special celebration or private event. Our attentive, friendly & dedicated staff are always on hand to enhance your experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gusto Ristorante e Bar Americano reviews from OpenTable diners
- The restaurant was empty onOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/30/2013The restaurant was empty on Saturday at 7-9 pm as we dined there, yet they seated us up frond next to front door where It was very cold and windy when some one was walking in (mostly workers) Food was way below average
- so terrible it was laughableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2013Food took nearly 45min for the app to come & was easily another 1/2hr before the main dish came The server was terrible he kept asking if we were OK, brought us our menus & WAITED there until we decided- stepped away once to take someone else's order & immediately returned I ordered the fritto misto & they forgot zucchini so proceeded to bring us a bowl of FOUR tiny pieces of paper thin sliced zucchini drenched in oil and heated up..it was extremely bizarre(& inedible) later they again kept asking us if we were done until we felt so uncomfortable we forfeited our plates.At one point i had pasta on my fork & the server had his hand on my plate! overall terrible, food was not impressive at all, even if the service was better i wouldn't return
- We had eaten here before andFullBellyDined on 11/16/2013We had eaten here before and had a nice experience. This time, the experience was nice but the food was not as good as the first time. Appetizers were tasty but the special of the day - Ravioli stuffed branzini with a saffron sauce - not great. The ravioli were too al dente and the taste was not exciting at all. The two wines we had were not great so we wished they would have a better selection of wines. Service was pretty good and the decor is always nice. Oh, the music was kinda weird too. Sounded a little like a radio station. I like Michael Jackson but it wasn't the ambiance for it. We will go back but we may stick to the regular pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceDinerVIPDined on 11/10/2013The food was fine when it finally arrived. It took nearly an hour for brunch entrees and no one cared. People sat down, ate, and paid their checks while we waited. The staff couldn't have been less interested.
- Very Pleasantchelsea1VIPDined on 10/24/2013Had a good meal in a lovely atmosphere with a friend visiting from Boston. Attentive service, ample portions, and relaxing atmosphere. Private rooms would be so nice for small groups. A good neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceeatingoutVIPDined on 9/21/2013The service was horrendous. After we placed our order, we didn't see our waiter. We had to ask three other staff members to get our waiter so we can order another drink. Each person acted like it wasn't their job. The entrees took forever to come out after we finished our appetizers. Our waiter never paid attention to us after our initial ordering. At the end of our meal it took forever to clear our table. We decided to take a look at the desert menu but it seems like the waiter forgot as soon as he walked away. We never got our desert menu. We were so peeved that we just wanted our check. It took another half an hour to get our check. The whole thing was just ridiculous. I would never come back here just because of the poor service.Special Features:
- I don't want you to know about thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013This is a real gem. If you come early enough, you can secure a spot that will last the night. Lots of people were waiting on tables either in or outside by around 9pm. Lots of people walked by around 10 pm and paused...contemplating if they should give it a shot. If they only knew. Lots of pretty faces, a true European chef, a hot bartender and excellent, gracious service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu was very seasonal and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2013Gusto was very nice but quiet for this caliber restaurant . Food consistent with other times we have dines there . I would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a find for the hard to pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2013Good italian food shouldn't be too adventurous - and gusto keeps it simple. The halibut was wonderfully cooked, the burrata with berries was a nice touch and the scallops were tender. The branzino was disappointing. If it wasn't for the nearby table with yappy girl recounting every detail of her cousin's wedding the evening would have been perfect. Unfortunately restaurants can't do anything about the voices of their patrons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekRestaurantWeekEaterDined on 7/31/2013I went with a friend for restaurant week and found the menu was extensive enough for both of us to get something different and that we liked. I highly recommend the eggplant app!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another very good mealKenBVIPDined on 7/29/2013My wife and I have eaten here many times and we always get a very good meal. The service is attentive and the atmosphere is very cordial. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- deliciousrogoDined on 7/27/2013the pancakes were amazing, and they kept the mimosas coming. great service and nice looking restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch dealsChofisVIPDined on 7/21/2013The staff was very nice but they were very disorganized, they would forget things that we asked for several times, but they were all very nice. Just need to be more organized and attentive. The Bloody Mary pitcher I received with the brunch deal was huge. I couldn't finish it, and I shared it with another friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasant experienceFoodEDined on 7/16/2013We always enjoy this and they gave us a table upfront like requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not free corkageGugaDined on 7/12/2013They don't offer free corkage as mentioned. The food is better than average, but service could improve. Entrees could improve as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully fresh Italian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2013My husband and I ate dinner at this restaurant and truly enjoyed the fresh Italian food! We would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out, delicious dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2013Good wine list, good cocktails, great bar, outstanding service. It was a little quiet the Friday night my friends and I had dinner. The staff gave our table their utmost attention and recommendations that did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice meal...KenBVIPDined on 7/1/2013My friend and I spent an evening eating at Gusto and we were very satisfied. The service and atmosphere were very cordial and the food was good. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMcGeeVIPDined on 6/17/2013Gusto has an amazing oyster special on Mondays! That's what I went for and will certainly go back. The house white wine was spectacular and incomparable to anything you may get as a house wine elsewhere. I also tried one of the appetizers -- calamary, shrimp, and zuchini -- it was delicious. The restaurant is very ambient and there's a friendly and professional vibe when it comes to service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect For A DateCGTODined on 6/14/2013Nice setting, low lighting and ambience. Definitely perfect for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gusto gustosoTrufflesDined on 5/29/2013I love the restaurant but the new chef got rid of the zucchini flowers.... and at a time of the year when they're in season......unforgiveable. We had a very nice waiter who comped our dessert when he realized that he made a mistake on the bill and charged for two things we hadn't ordered. The bartender ( young woman) was very knowledgeable and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2013The food was good, the service was lacking. I chose this restaurant trying to find a NY experince at moderate prices for some friends from out of town. The food was good and I thought it was good value for the prices. The service was not as good. We had a 9:00 pm reservation. It took a full half hour for them to take our food order - we asked for some bread in the interim and they said they couldn't send it out until the order was taken. No one was unfriendly, it just seemed like they were way behind and couldn't catch up. I would recommend it for the food if you have plenty of time.
- Beautiful little Italian restaurantLeahDined on 4/21/2013Beautiful little Italian restaurant in the village. A little pricey for lunch and dinner (its good but not worth the money) but for brunch it is fantastic! Prix Fixe for brunch is $22 and gets you unlimited mimosas, bellinis, and bloody marys for an hour. They just keep pouring ...plis you get an appetizers and entree included. It's a great deal for brunch.Special Features:
- My friend and I had a lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013My friend and I had a lovely meal here. The staff was most attentive to our needs. Hope to visit again in the future. Thank you. Rebecca LipskiSpecial Features:
- Was good years ago. ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/13/2013Was good years ago. This most recent trip will be my last.
- We went for brunch (greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/13/2013We went for brunch (great deal--$22 for app, entree, and all you can drink for the first hour). The portions are moderate, but the pours were very generous (special thanks to our wonderful server, who was really on top of things, especially with topping off our drinks!).Special Features:
- Gusto opened as a bold-faceEclecticGuyVIPDined on 4/7/2013Gusto opened as a bold-face names kind of place, and maybe it's lost a little of its luster. But the food is good, the service is smart and swift and the brunch deal is one of the better ones around. A good choice for dinner, brunch or cocktails.Special Features:
- Romantic and swanky atmosphere...viOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2013Romantic and swanky atmosphere...vibrant group. Delicious food with creative cocktails. My husband especially loved the anchovy and olive oil spread for the bread. Excellent service...very accomodating. Second time there and plan to return.Special Features:
- The restaurant has a wonderfulScottDined on 4/6/2013The restaurant has a wonderful ambiance. It is warmly lit with comfortable seating. The staff was exceptionally friendly at all levels. The menu was thin, with a mere 3 - 4 choices in each of the Meat, Fish, and Poultry categories but with a good selection of pastas. My wife and I shared the Branzino and the Ravioli. The food was well prepared and presented. Though I did find the portions to be on the small size even by NYC standards. Same went for the drinks. Kettle on the rocks was shall we say, measured with exactness. Left a lot to be desired. The restaurant overall was nice for the West Village
- Great value for how much youAppleVIPDined on 3/31/2013Great value for how much you get with the brunch prix fixe. However, the mimosas and bellinis are quite bad, possibly the worst I've had at an unlimited brunch, and that is very bad. Both drinks taste like thick juice concentrate with a splash of champagne. Too sugary and thick.Special Features:
- Great place and a cute neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Great place and a cute neighborhood. One of the better brunch deals I've found and the bloody marys are delicious! I recommend for a group brunch.Special Features:
- Just a little wrinkle...halfOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/26/2013Just a little wrinkle...half price bottles of wine, but that doesn't apply to all bottles. It would have been good for the waiter to explain that.Special Features:
- Has lost a a step.LuvthebestDined on 3/22/2013They have another new chef. Third in the last 8 months. The one that left to return to his family in Italy(he was the best since they lost their first chef), the next one didn't cut it and the third is there now. Let's just say the food is good but not great and lacks the inventiveness that we came to expect from Gusto. We will go back in the hope that it will improve to it's prior standards. IT has maintained its very competent staff and friendly, romantic, energetic atmosphere. Please get a better chef or tell this one to liven it up.Special Features:
- Really Great Brunch but aDominoVIPDined on 3/10/2013Really Great Brunch but a sarcastic miserable Server knocked major points off this restaurant. Kudos to the manager for taking care of the situation.Special Features:
- Primer on how not to serve guests.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2013Stuck in a back booth for brunch & subjected to the most disinterested service by our incompetent waiter serving drinks to our table of 6 one at a time after making us wait forever & then never bringing us coffee but saying "oh yes, I know" when we politely told him we were still waiting for it after having been seated for over half an hour & then having us wait another 8 minutes for it & then getting small servings of barely luke warm food with one partial refill of the promised all-you-can-drink mimosas and not a scrap of bread or toast or rolls with our meal made for an unforgettably bad experience. I'm embarrassed we brought guests here.
- Great food and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/1/2013I have been coming to this restaurant for 4+ years as I live in the neighborhood. We had the appetizer medley (called something much nicer), burrata, and shared the house made taglialini w/sea urchin. Everything was delicious and well prepared. I have always really loved the decor of this restaurant. It hearkens back to the 20s when couples might have dined out in tails and gowns then headed over to Chumley's for an illicit martini. This is also a great spot for a more refined happy hour (that is actually a great deal).Special Features:
- You won't be detracted byeat2muchVIPDined on 2/24/2013You won't be detracted by the decor, but it is clean and neat. And it is a good thing, because you want to concentrate on the menu which is varied and innovative. The service is excellent and the staff is ready and willing to discuss each dish -- and actually know what they are talking about. Although the menu has some interesting combinations and preparations, the star at this particular visit was the Paste Cacio Pepe. This dish is about as simple as you can get, but the preparation was so perfect that we were tempted to have a second order. For the ultimate come-on, the $22 prix fixe brunch is as satisfying as iit is reasonable.Special Features:
- The first thing that struckOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013The first thing that struck me about Gusto was the environment. The lights were dim,a candle on every table, and a slender bar followed the wall. My girlfriend and I were seated by a one of the kindest and most personalbe waiters I have ever met. She ordered the Fruit de Mare pasta dish, and I got the rib eye. Both were delicious. The rib eye was cooked just as I asked, medium, and tasted smooth and wet, just like I like it. I could not help but feel the need to tip my waiter extra for his superb service and personality. Overall, it was a dinning experience unlike any I have experienced in New York City.Special Features:
- Was a nice addition to ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2013Was a nice addition to our tastings for restaurant week NYC2013
- Always a good time...KenBVIPDined on 2/4/2013My wife and I always have a very good time at Gusto's. We generally come on Mondays when they have the oyster special and have dinner and a bottle of wine after a couple dozen oysters. What's not to like. We expect to keep returning many times!!!Special Features: