8432 West 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://gusto-la.com/
- Phone: 3237821778
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Victor Casanova
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gusto
Gusto is a delicious, soulful and unpretentious trattoria in Los Angeles with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We strive for a balance in offering the highest quality of food, wine and service we can for each guest"s experience in a relaxed, fun, and inviting atmosphere. Please inform us of any allergies or dietary restrictions as we will try our best to accommodate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Gusto reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (98)neighborhood gem (87)romantic (53)special occasion (48)notable wine list (39)hot spot (14)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Best pastaWintherDined on 9/21/2014This was the best agnolotti I ever had. So many layers of flavor and the super soft filling made it just explode in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GUSTO A MUSTO!lanativeVIPDined on 9/20/2014My son and I arrived for our 9:30 p.m. reservation on a Saturday night to a completely full dining room bustling with energy and happy diners. We were greeted by the darling hostess who seated us immediately. Her energy and that of every team member was contagious. They were all so excited by the cuisine and thrill of being involved in such a successful venture (the restaurant is chef-owned!). Every dish was completely fabulous - creative, delicious, and carefully composed to tantalize every palate. We will be back!Special Features:
- ExcellentPeterLDined on 9/20/2014Had a great meal the other night. Never disappoints. Could be best Italian in LA at the moment. We did stay at our table for over two hours and felt somewhat pressured to give it up towards the end. In fact the check came while we were still eating dessert. But who wanted to leave? Excellent food excellent vibe great wine fantastic host and waiter...could have stayed all night.Special Features:
- Great food, great service. Just go!SciFiFanaticVIPDined on 9/20/2014Wife and I were looking for a replacement for our favorite Italian spot that sadly had closed its doors. Tried Gusto on a whim. Happily surprised. The menu is simple (Gordon Ramsay would surely approve), and the food is served true Italian style (starting with an amazing appetizer, followed by a SMALL pasta dish of amazing homemade noodles, followed by a wonderfully prepared meat or fish). The Wagyu Beef, the Sea Bass and the homemade carbonara were all to die for! The service was impeccable, attentive but not intrusive. Maybe we were just lucky, but we had an absolutely fabulous evening. Clearly we have to come back just to examine if this was beginner's luck, or a consistent experience, maybe in fact we need to come back several times :)Special Features:
- Best on thirdSocaljerseygirlDined on 9/12/2014Love this place, never disappointed and the agnolotti was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing every timeTexascountessDined on 9/11/2014We love, love, love this place. Steak tartare with truffle oil-forget France! Crostini with burrata and fresh figs! OMG! The black spaghetti with shrimp was a treat for the taste buds and the agnolotti stuffed with mushrooms in a truffle, chive, lemon oil was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever eaten. You would not know it from this review, but I am a very critical eater. It is rare that I am transported by every course the way I was here at Gusto. Even better, It was my husband's birthday. A perfect evening. Don't forget the chocolate budinoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carbonara so rich, should b dessertLAGemDined on 9/10/2014Great little cozy italian spot. Everything we had was full of flavor and service was lovely.Special Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/10/2014The food is just pliant old top shelf. Really good, nice proportions all done really well. It's a bit pricey but great once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Classic Italian food in LAfoodcomaVIPDined on 8/22/2014I love to cook. And I cook a lot of Italian food. From scratch. But I could never come close to the splendor of the food at Gusto. It is the bar that I would love to reach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumMickeyVIPDined on 8/21/2014this was an amazing experience; everything we tasted was delicious, especially the pastas. We can't wait to return. It is a great value for the sensational food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSoBayDined on 8/17/2014It was half full at 6:30 so it was nice and relaxing and the service was great. By 7:30 Sunday it was packed and noisy and the service was not as attentive. But overall a great meal.Special Features:
- Mixed experience at gustoLAFoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Beautiful space. Wonderful service. Interesting wine list though somewhat lacking in choices with bottle age. Food came out promptly and looked to be great. Texture and color was promising. However flavor profiles were off. Fried carciofi were bitter and did not have enough gremolata. Cauliflower did not have a high enough quantity of raisins. Fig crostini were good with tasty local burratta. Pasta course was ok. Steak was nicely aged but devoid of any real character. Thr affogato was perfect. Feel like we need to give the restaurant another chance but why when you can just go to MOZZA?Special Features:
- Great tiny Italian spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014Overall I really enjoyed my experience at Gusto. The people working there are super friendly, easy going, and make the entire night much better. I loved the food...I thought it was delicious and tasty. However the rest of my dining party thought otherwise. The portions are not very large so definitely order a few dishes and share. The quality of the food is wonderful. One note, this restaurant is very small! If you are uncomfortable sitting next to strangers because you feel them listening in on your conversation, this may not be the best place for you. Otherwise...I can't wait to go back! I loved it!Special Features:
- PickyEaterPickyEaterDined on 8/9/2014Gusto just keeps getting better. We raved about it to friends and then waited a bit nervously as the meal began for their reaction. Was the build up so great that disappointment would be inevitable? Not a chance. They left bigger fans than we are (if that's possible) and already made plans to return.Special Features:
- CmazDined on 8/9/2014Knowledgeable, friendly staff. Fantastic pasta. Enjoyed the entire meal. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gusto lives up to first impression!lwishnerVIPDined on 8/8/2014We remembered our first experience at Gusto with friends a while back fondly, for the food and for the atmosphere. So, when our foodie friends from New York were visiting and said "you pick the place" I remembered Gusto, and thought--that's the place where we can go and be impressed by the food AND be able to have a conversation. I was right. We were all delighted by every single dish (and we didn't even have to ask for share plates!), the wine our waiter recommended was excellent, and dessert was transcendent. But most of all, this intimate little restaurant never gets too loud to enjoy conversation, the music is at a low level and is pleasant--the whole scene is convivial. Thanks Gusto--we'll be back soon!Special Features:
- jzelmVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent Appetizer, some not to be found elsewhere. Pastas are mostly standard with a few creative variants. For some sauces, eg, carbonara, pasta asciuta would work better than the fresh in-house pasta.I would recommend this to a friend.
- just when you don't think...exexdir1VIPDined on 8/1/2014it can get any better, Gusto surprises you and comes up with more amazing dishes. Never thought that I could love anything more than I do their bolognese sauce, and then along come the gnocchi with mushrooms. I'm moving in and living there forever!Special Features:
- ExcellentExcellentDined on 8/1/2014Very fresh amazing pasta. The Tonarelli is our absolute favorite pasta and their signature "carbonara" is amazing as well. The pasta portions are not huge, but very rich and filling. If you prefer quality over quantity, you will appreciate this Italian Gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent dinerGoodfoodlvrVIPDined on 7/31/2014I have had dinner at this restaurant 5 times. The food is excellent but this evening the kitchen was having problems getting the food prepared. What supposed to be a quick dinner in the neighborhood turned into a 2.5 hour dinner. Took 50 minutes for appetizers to arrive and then dinner arrived another 40 minutes later. The staff didn't handle well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and serviceFrannieDined on 7/28/2014Just had another delightful meal at Gusto. Pasta and apps were delicious, service was great. We had the rose' wine from their varied Italian wine list. It was the perfect accompaniment to my carbonara. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScooterminDined on 7/26/2014Amazing pasta! Great wine selection and the best affogato in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just about perfectTrockDined on 7/26/2014It's all about the food. An apply list so intriguing you almost forget you came for the pasta. Nothing here disappoints. The room is small and leans towards rustic. Not a problem at all in my books if the food, wine and service make up the difference. Crispy fried artichokes, dense flavorful meatballs (not to be missed!). Luscious pasta's. Wonderful, interesting wine list. Service was also extremely helpful and efficient. Pacing of courses was impeccable. Will make this a regular stop whenever in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemMasiVIPDined on 7/24/2014Heard about this place Abs it lived up to its reputation. I hear they have porchetta on Sat. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Hidden GemMstokee11Dined on 7/24/2014Food was exceptionally tasteful and service was outstanding. I'll be bringing my fiancé and all my friends here. Im so happy my friend chose this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findSumeDiangDined on 7/20/2014Food was just delicious. The octopus app is a must have. The meatballs will make you speechless. Tried the rib-eye which was succulent - the carmelized onions that topped it I could have lived without as I found it a little too much on the sweet side. The ambiance is excellent - intimate, romantic, cozy. Thumbs up all round!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW -- Don't Miss This Gem!Luv2DineDined on 7/18/2014Gusto has simple down home Italian cuisine with mind blowing flavors! You must order their out of this world Meatballs Al Forno -- They put Rao's signature meatballs to shame! Honestly, I could also go on & on about the Tagliatelle w/ ragù bolognese, Mary's Free-range Chicken wrapped in Prosciutto, Greek Yogurt Panna Cotta and so much more, but I won't. SO... Just go read the reviews about Victor Casanova & Gusto. Great food can sometimes be killed by bad service, but you won't have that problem here. They truly have some of the most superb service you'll find at any restaurant. Only bad thing I can say is... We live within 4 walking blocks, so that could be very dangerous.Special Features:
- Best in LAadeltron3030Dined on 7/18/2014I went there for Dine LA, and was not disappointed! We had the meatballs that melt in your mouth, the charred artichoke with lemon aioli, the bolognese and chicken wrapped in proscuitto. All were epically good, rich, flavorful. It seemed like the chef took typical Italian ingredients and somehow heightened the flavors so much they exploded in your mouth. DO NOT MISS THE DESSERT. That is all. Beyond that, the staff works all tables continuously. We wanted for nothing and someone was always there to help with water, more bread, clearing the tablet, etc. The dining room is very small but felt cozy rather than cramped. There were lit candles and red walls that made the place feel like I was in an Italian home. The whole experience was pleasantSpecial Features:
- Amazing food...exexdir1VIPDined on 7/13/2014If I could only convince them to pour me a goblet of the bolognese sauce, my life would be complete... One of my favorite restaurants and Mollie and Leslie could not have been nicer. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/12/2014This was uor second visit, and it was in fact better than our first visit which was great. Food, service, ambience all wonderful. Not inexpensive, but worth every pennySpecial Features:
- Charmingjb2bVIPDined on 7/12/2014Truly charming all around. Great, friendly, charming service. Wonderful pastas. Original menu - not just another copycat Italian-American. Nice wine selection. Very personal and intimate. Feels like being in a small osteria in Italy.Special Features:
- BabetteVIPDined on 7/12/2014Fantastic intimate restaurant. Amazing food (especially the pasta) and service.Special Features:
- YOU NEED HELPbbqmanDined on 7/12/2014On my recent visit with my wife and daughter we had bought a Travelzoo voucher. When we arrived at the time of our reservation, we presented the voucher as instructions said. They immediately seated us and told us someone would be over in a few minutes. This voucher we purchased was $130 value for $65..... which leads me to believe that we have $130 credit towards the final bill. Wow was I wrong, they came over and informed us that it's more or less a prefix type of deal. 2 glasses of a champagne 3 appetizers, 2 pasta dishes 4 oz serving size & a chocolate pudding dessert. The food was not very attractive or very like I was expecting. I noticed other patrons that were not using the Travelzoo voucher got the red carpet service.
- Amazing food. Superior service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014I love this place. Their food is always exceptionaland the staff is always friendly. I would easily pay double for theirSunday three course dinners. So worth the $34!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotableRachel1VIPDined on 7/2/2014I went to Gustvo the other evening and was generally impressed for a number reasons The space is small and potentially noisy but they have several noise reduction pads embedded into the ceiling. Service is very very good: waitstaff is well trained and friendly and attentive. Food is mostly great the appetizers of octopus and chicken livers were outstanding the black noodle pasta was fabulous the red sauce pasta was pretty good the halibut entrées were the big disappointment as they were dry and not very flavorful the desert of a chocolate pudding like moose was good not great.Special Features:
- Unique fare, great staff, a find!!RarelyWriteReviewsDined on 7/1/2014We could not recommend this restaurant more highly. We chose and shared three memorable first course options and would highly recommend Lacinato salad and Pegatini crostini. We shared two unique pasts dishes, the Black Spaghetti and the Orecchette. Both were prepared with care and skill. Our pastas were pared with a wines by the glass from Puglia and Sicily which were recommended by staff and both were perfect to our individual preferences and chosen dishes. We did not have room for main courses but managed to share a delicious chocolate desert. I rarely if ever review a restaurant, but this one is well worth a good word, and have recommended it to several friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple and intimatecatburgerDined on 6/29/2014Very small dining room -- reservation recommended. Waitstaff was very attentive and knowledgable about the menu and wine list. Food was well crafted, not particularly adventurous, but everything was well done and cooked to perfection. Great spot for a first date or a gathering with a few friends.Special Features:
- Charmer with excellent foodAnthroDined on 6/29/2014When we walked into this small place on 3rd, I think we expected traditional Italian restaurant fare and service. Instead we got excellent food with subtle flavors and a few culinary twists (e.g harissa). We drank terrific wines by the glass. Service was solid and attentive. We felt cared for at every moment during the meal.Special Features:
- This wilour Go To RestaurantLindaCoachDined on 6/28/2014Chef Casanova has brought authentic Italian cuisine to LA. Every dish we ordered was delicious and uniquely his. The signature Carbonara was our favorite pasta dish while The Varna Crude with truffles and Asparagus with a light Bechamel sauce and Duck egg were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Enjoyed Our VisitDrEstrellaVIPDined on 6/27/2014It had been a while since we had paid a visit to Gusto. My question after we left was, "Why"? The place is fantastic. The food is excellent. Fresh, well prepared and nicely served. The staff is friendly and informative. The place itself has quite a bit of charm. The good news is that as I was bidding everyone goodbye I saw the chef, whom I recognize, working away on the back. He was actually carefully supervising....what a shock in this day and age of celebrity chefs. Great job. Go and check it out!Special Features: