8432 West 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://gusto-la.com/
- Phone: (323) 782-1778
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Victor Casanova
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gusto
Gusto is a delicious, soulful and unpretentious trattoria in Los Angeles with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We strive for a balance in offering the highest quality of food, wine and service we can for each guest"s experience in a relaxed, fun, and inviting atmosphere. Please inform us of any allergies or dietary restrictions as we will try our best to accommodate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Gusto reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)neighborhood gem (74)romantic (46)special occasion (39)notable wine list (36)hot spot (15)good for groups (10)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- NopeVisitinNYCVIPDined on 11/24/2014Went on a Monday, there were only 2 employees and they were absurdly rude, maybe short staffed but still. Food wasn't good enough for those prices. Would not go back even if it was free. Definitely would not recommend
- PatandBruceVIPDined on 11/21/2014GUSTO has become our favorite neighborhood restaurant. The cuisine is perfection itself and the friendly staff and professional service are wonderful additions to the splendid menu. We have brought out of town guests here and often select GUSTO for a romantic evening for just the two of us. We both love the scallops, but have enjoyed every menu item and special we have tried. The restaurant is small, but we never feel rushed to turn over the table. A true gift to our area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gusto is a gem!foodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014Excellent food, wonderful waiters and service. Gusto is a gem! Inviting, warm ambience with outstanding and creative food!! The menu changes seasonally with many new memorable additions. Very nice wine list and the staff is very knowledgeable, and all look like they just walked off a set of the best and most beautiful. It is one of our favorite LA restaurants and we enjoy it every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014The food was great. Definitely reminded me most of the pasta and the food I had in Italy. The service was great, but they were trying to constantly rush me like a true Los Angeles restaurant. They wanted to clean plates, just rush the entire process and it was to a point where I felt like I had to eat faster so I could be on the same pace as them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FindAoayoDined on 10/15/2014Madeo and Mozza are too much and since Pane Vino disappeared Pace and this entrant are excellent regulars for LA Italian goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightangelDined on 10/10/2014we head great dinner and a great time excellent food and service we highly recommend it!!Special Features:
- my birthday celebrationgfoodie123VIPDined on 10/8/2014My experience at Gusto was very good. We had a challenging party of 7 (all different ages) and the waiter was terrific. The food totally lived up to my expectations. I will definitely return. My only complaint was the noise level which was fairly loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLivinlifeDined on 10/6/2014What a great dining experience. The quaint atomsphere had me when i walked in the door and it just kept getting better. Jason was our server and we deferred for him for all reccomendations and we were not dissapointed. We started with the meatballs as an appetizer which wre amazing. All the pasta is made fresh daily so we ordered the chefs favorite the Cabonara, it was outstanding. We had the flat iron steak with was cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth and paired with the broccolini. The meal was served family style and was portioned perfectly so you could enjoy every course. For a great authentic Italian dining experience Gusto is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very unique,cozy restaurant.mikesfinedineVIPDined on 10/4/2014This place was small, cozy and very welcoming.We enjoyed food at every bite and had fantastic romantic dinner.We will be back.Thank you very much!Special Features:
- Great experienceFrannIanDined on 10/1/2014The chicken liver pâté was divine. The meatballs were exquisite but would have loved a veggie or pasta small side. Service was excellent and the ambiance was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pastaWintherDined on 9/21/2014This was the best agnolotti I ever had. So many layers of flavor and the super soft filling made it just explode in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GUSTO A MUSTO!lanativeVIPDined on 9/20/2014My son and I arrived for our 9:30 p.m. reservation on a Saturday night to a completely full dining room bustling with energy and happy diners. We were greeted by the darling hostess who seated us immediately. Her energy and that of every team member was contagious. They were all so excited by the cuisine and thrill of being involved in such a successful venture (the restaurant is chef-owned!). Every dish was completely fabulous - creative, delicious, and carefully composed to tantalize every palate. We will be back!Special Features:
- ExcellentPeterLDined on 9/20/2014Had a great meal the other night. Never disappoints. Could be best Italian in LA at the moment. We did stay at our table for over two hours and felt somewhat pressured to give it up towards the end. In fact the check came while we were still eating dessert. But who wanted to leave? Excellent food excellent vibe great wine fantastic host and waiter...could have stayed all night.Special Features:
- Great food, great service. Just go!SciFiFanaticVIPDined on 9/20/2014Wife and I were looking for a replacement for our favorite Italian spot that sadly had closed its doors. Tried Gusto on a whim. Happily surprised. The menu is simple (Gordon Ramsay would surely approve), and the food is served true Italian style (starting with an amazing appetizer, followed by a SMALL pasta dish of amazing homemade noodles, followed by a wonderfully prepared meat or fish). The Wagyu Beef, the Sea Bass and the homemade carbonara were all to die for! The service was impeccable, attentive but not intrusive. Maybe we were just lucky, but we had an absolutely fabulous evening. Clearly we have to come back just to examine if this was beginner's luck, or a consistent experience, maybe in fact we need to come back several times :)Special Features:
- Best on thirdSocaljerseygirlDined on 9/12/2014Love this place, never disappointed and the agnolotti was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing every timeTexascountessDined on 9/11/2014We love, love, love this place. Steak tartare with truffle oil-forget France! Crostini with burrata and fresh figs! OMG! The black spaghetti with shrimp was a treat for the taste buds and the agnolotti stuffed with mushrooms in a truffle, chive, lemon oil was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever eaten. You would not know it from this review, but I am a very critical eater. It is rare that I am transported by every course the way I was here at Gusto. Even better, It was my husband's birthday. A perfect evening. Don't forget the chocolate budinoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carbonara so rich, should b dessertLAGemDined on 9/10/2014Great little cozy italian spot. Everything we had was full of flavor and service was lovely.Special Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/10/2014The food is just pliant old top shelf. Really good, nice proportions all done really well. It's a bit pricey but great once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Classic Italian food in LAfoodcomaVIPDined on 8/22/2014I love to cook. And I cook a lot of Italian food. From scratch. But I could never come close to the splendor of the food at Gusto. It is the bar that I would love to reach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumMickeyVIPDined on 8/21/2014this was an amazing experience; everything we tasted was delicious, especially the pastas. We can't wait to return. It is a great value for the sensational food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSoBayDined on 8/17/2014It was half full at 6:30 so it was nice and relaxing and the service was great. By 7:30 Sunday it was packed and noisy and the service was not as attentive. But overall a great meal.Special Features:
- Mixed experience at gustoLAFoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Beautiful space. Wonderful service. Interesting wine list though somewhat lacking in choices with bottle age. Food came out promptly and looked to be great. Texture and color was promising. However flavor profiles were off. Fried carciofi were bitter and did not have enough gremolata. Cauliflower did not have a high enough quantity of raisins. Fig crostini were good with tasty local burratta. Pasta course was ok. Steak was nicely aged but devoid of any real character. Thr affogato was perfect. Feel like we need to give the restaurant another chance but why when you can just go to MOZZA?Special Features:
- Great tiny Italian spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014Overall I really enjoyed my experience at Gusto. The people working there are super friendly, easy going, and make the entire night much better. I loved the food...I thought it was delicious and tasty. However the rest of my dining party thought otherwise. The portions are not very large so definitely order a few dishes and share. The quality of the food is wonderful. One note, this restaurant is very small! If you are uncomfortable sitting next to strangers because you feel them listening in on your conversation, this may not be the best place for you. Otherwise...I can't wait to go back! I loved it!Special Features:
- PickyEaterPickyEaterDined on 8/9/2014Gusto just keeps getting better. We raved about it to friends and then waited a bit nervously as the meal began for their reaction. Was the build up so great that disappointment would be inevitable? Not a chance. They left bigger fans than we are (if that's possible) and already made plans to return.Special Features:
- CmazDined on 8/9/2014Knowledgeable, friendly staff. Fantastic pasta. Enjoyed the entire meal. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gusto lives up to first impression!lwishnerVIPDined on 8/8/2014We remembered our first experience at Gusto with friends a while back fondly, for the food and for the atmosphere. So, when our foodie friends from New York were visiting and said "you pick the place" I remembered Gusto, and thought--that's the place where we can go and be impressed by the food AND be able to have a conversation. I was right. We were all delighted by every single dish (and we didn't even have to ask for share plates!), the wine our waiter recommended was excellent, and dessert was transcendent. But most of all, this intimate little restaurant never gets too loud to enjoy conversation, the music is at a low level and is pleasant--the whole scene is convivial. Thanks Gusto--we'll be back soon!Special Features:
- jzelmVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent Appetizer, some not to be found elsewhere. Pastas are mostly standard with a few creative variants. For some sauces, eg, carbonara, pasta asciuta would work better than the fresh in-house pasta.I would recommend this to a friend.
- just when you don't think...exexdir1VIPDined on 8/1/2014it can get any better, Gusto surprises you and comes up with more amazing dishes. Never thought that I could love anything more than I do their bolognese sauce, and then along come the gnocchi with mushrooms. I'm moving in and living there forever!Special Features:
- ExcellentExcellentDined on 8/1/2014Very fresh amazing pasta. The Tonarelli is our absolute favorite pasta and their signature "carbonara" is amazing as well. The pasta portions are not huge, but very rich and filling. If you prefer quality over quantity, you will appreciate this Italian Gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent dinerGoodfoodlvrVIPDined on 7/31/2014I have had dinner at this restaurant 5 times. The food is excellent but this evening the kitchen was having problems getting the food prepared. What supposed to be a quick dinner in the neighborhood turned into a 2.5 hour dinner. Took 50 minutes for appetizers to arrive and then dinner arrived another 40 minutes later. The staff didn't handle well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 325 reviews are from the Gusto reviews archive.
- Great meal and serviceFrannieDined on 7/28/2014Just had another delightful meal at Gusto. Pasta and apps were delicious, service was great. We had the rose' wine from their varied Italian wine list. It was the perfect accompaniment to my carbonara. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScooterminDined on 7/26/2014Amazing pasta! Great wine selection and the best affogato in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just about perfectTrockDined on 7/26/2014It's all about the food. An apply list so intriguing you almost forget you came for the pasta. Nothing here disappoints. The room is small and leans towards rustic. Not a problem at all in my books if the food, wine and service make up the difference. Crispy fried artichokes, dense flavorful meatballs (not to be missed!). Luscious pasta's. Wonderful, interesting wine list. Service was also extremely helpful and efficient. Pacing of courses was impeccable. Will make this a regular stop whenever in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemMasiVIPDined on 7/24/2014Heard about this place Abs it lived up to its reputation. I hear they have porchetta on Sat. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Hidden GemMstokee11Dined on 7/24/2014Food was exceptionally tasteful and service was outstanding. I'll be bringing my fiancé and all my friends here. Im so happy my friend chose this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findSumeDiangDined on 7/20/2014Food was just delicious. The octopus app is a must have. The meatballs will make you speechless. Tried the rib-eye which was succulent - the carmelized onions that topped it I could have lived without as I found it a little too much on the sweet side. The ambiance is excellent - intimate, romantic, cozy. Thumbs up all round!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW -- Don't Miss This Gem!Luv2DineDined on 7/18/2014Gusto has simple down home Italian cuisine with mind blowing flavors! You must order their out of this world Meatballs Al Forno -- They put Rao's signature meatballs to shame! Honestly, I could also go on & on about the Tagliatelle w/ ragù bolognese, Mary's Free-range Chicken wrapped in Prosciutto, Greek Yogurt Panna Cotta and so much more, but I won't. SO... Just go read the reviews about Victor Casanova & Gusto. Great food can sometimes be killed by bad service, but you won't have that problem here. They truly have some of the most superb service you'll find at any restaurant. Only bad thing I can say is... We live within 4 walking blocks, so that could be very dangerous.Special Features:
- Best in LAadeltron3030Dined on 7/18/2014I went there for Dine LA, and was not disappointed! We had the meatballs that melt in your mouth, the charred artichoke with lemon aioli, the bolognese and chicken wrapped in proscuitto. All were epically good, rich, flavorful. It seemed like the chef took typical Italian ingredients and somehow heightened the flavors so much they exploded in your mouth. DO NOT MISS THE DESSERT. That is all. Beyond that, the staff works all tables continuously. We wanted for nothing and someone was always there to help with water, more bread, clearing the tablet, etc. The dining room is very small but felt cozy rather than cramped. There were lit candles and red walls that made the place feel like I was in an Italian home. The whole experience was pleasantSpecial Features:
- Amazing food...exexdir1VIPDined on 7/13/2014If I could only convince them to pour me a goblet of the bolognese sauce, my life would be complete... One of my favorite restaurants and Mollie and Leslie could not have been nicer. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/12/2014This was uor second visit, and it was in fact better than our first visit which was great. Food, service, ambience all wonderful. Not inexpensive, but worth every pennySpecial Features: