1050 State Highway 18
East Brunswick, NJ 08816-4350Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gustogrill.com/
- Phone: (732) 651-2737
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Teddy Kappas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Gusto Grill
If you are looking for that fine dining experience without the fine dining price, let us serve you, and experience dinning with Gusto. We pride ourselves on our extensive menu, great local and regional craft beer, hand crafted cocktails and extensive wine list offering over 20 wines by the glass. ALWAYS EAT AND DRINK WITH GUSTO!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Gusto Grill - Best Restaurants in East Brunswick ›
Gusto Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (11)notable wine list (11)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014This was the first time I was there. I enjoyed it very much. I arrived at 7:00 pm for my reservation, Finished eating, stayed till closing, never pressured by staff. Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceNewCarUnLicensedDriverDined on 11/1/2014Service means a lot to us. It took veryy long for initial greet and drink order. Bar drinks we had to ask twice and then he went to get them. Server spoke very low, we asked 3 or 4 different times is he could re pete him self. With plates so large it would have been nice to have him pretty bus a little more often so we didn't have to stack plates our self. this was the first time that our bread was stale, it was very hard around all edges about 1 inch in. So i asked for more bread and it took a while. Frustrating. And finally server wasn't that warming until we received our bill, he then came to life. Yet that's what I would look for from the begining. I don't like to feel like our money is more important then we are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014We had an excellent meal and the service was terrific.Special Features:
- Excellent menuJamesburgDined on 10/15/2014Not the standard faire but an excellent and creative menu. Good pricing, super service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Chow... Highly RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/7/2014Who would have expected the chow to be on such a high level. Nice ambiance but leans more towards a bar atmosphere than fine dining. However, the food is what you might fine in an excellent tablecloth spot. Happily the pricing leans more to the low side, so it's a winning combination. We enjoyed the pork chop and the chicken dish... both items and the sides accompanying them were excellent. The staff is great... well trained. On our departure every staff member we passed said thank you for coming, etc. This comes from management... training. A nice touch that's indicative of the attention to detail you'll find here. HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDI would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Love LoveJeanandJohnDined on 10/2/2014Have been going to Gusto's for years. I have never been disappointed. I bring friends. I am a very good cook and this place is like home. The owners are great and greet everyone. The staff is always attentive and really want to know if the food is what you expected. The restaurant is big enough, but also quiet enough to have a conversation. No on has to yell across the table to be heard. The chef is the best! I recommend you try the soup of the day. It is always excellent along with everything else on the menu. I think I've tried it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a SmilePackFanDined on 9/13/2014Service with a smile is something that is rare in many establishments. My family and I were there last Saturday. Server was courteous, thoughtful, attentive and most importantly wa always smiling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014We stopped in for dinner a few nights ago having never heard of the place and were incredibly happy with everything. Food is awesome, service was on point, and the both the apps and entrees came out very fast, especially considering the quality. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- fatty beefbeegeeDined on 8/29/2014Waitress unattentive, we had to ask another waiter to find her for water and for the check. We had very fatty beef. Short ribs were ordered by three of us. It was so fatty one person could not take it and sent it back.Special Features:
- DELISHAmandaDined on 8/23/2014We go to this Resturant often. It's a great go to place. We always get great food for a reasonably priced. Sometimes they serve us too fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Foodcrazydayzee76Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary and we were both very pleased with not only the wait staff, but the food was very good as well. It is a little pricey, but we would definitely go back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- A surprise!KiwilycheeDined on 7/26/2014Went for lunch on Saturday. Wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised! We were the first one in but the wait staff made us feel comfortable and was very attentive. Food quality for good, nice presentation,decent wine list and draft beers. Bar area is nice .... Overall, a good experience. Will revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 55 reviews are from the Gusto Grill reviews archive.
- enjoyable meal with very good food!sistersDined on 7/5/2014i had the stuffed chicken breast which was absolutely delicious. everyone liked their food. portions are large and so we took home leftovers. will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Delightful as usualFoodieDined on 6/28/2014Gusto is a local restaurant to me and as a result we frequently visit. It is a wonderful pace with great food and drink. They showcase multiple micro draft beers along with the usual suspects and an extensive wine list too. As for the food, I don't recall ever having a meal I did not enjoy. My highlights: Crabcakes - App Fillet Mignon Tips - App Strawberry Salad - Entrée Burger (Any) - Entrée Ribs - Entrée Bread Pudding - Dessert Oven Baked Cookie - Dessert Bon AppetitSpecial Features:
- How did we miss this gem?MartmDined on 6/27/2014Wow! Great place - we've passed this place for years, decided to try it finally. Really comfortable, nice decor. Would absolutely go back for the hummus appetizer - has a great creamy texture that we don't often find. Entree selection was good, had chicken and especially enjoyed the risotto.wine selection better than most restaurants in this class, we felt. Service was, well, perfect. Can't ask for more than that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodyummyDined on 6/25/2014This was the first time I ate at Gusto Grill and I was very pleasantly surprised. All the food we had was delicious! Highly recommend it. Try the lamb meatballs...to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousMikeVIPDined on 6/21/2014Gusto is excellent. My wife and I come here often and have never had a less than wonderful experience. Highly recommend chatting with one of the bartenders and let them know what you like in a drink. They have excellent recommendations and can make you something good custom to your pallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeKublai99Dined on 6/20/2014@GustoGrillEB is our go to date night spot, when can have a few hours without the little ones. Any of the food we tried is always on par. The service and mangement are always great and available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blant foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014Duck was not crispy at all, very mushy. Worst duck I ever had. Steak had no flavor. Nothing special, and did not worth for the price at all. I could cook much better. The best part was a peach cocktail.
- Truly outstandingJohnVIPDined on 5/31/2014Gusto is truly one of the areas best restaurants. While Central NJ is not known for its cuisine, Gusto provides outstanding food and service in a relaxed, contemporary, and comfortable atmosphere. My wife and I have been looking for a great restaurant in the area since we moved to the area - we found it. Some of the better food in the area without having to cross the Hudson. Keep it up, guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeachmanDined on 5/24/2014The appetizer menu was chocked with great selections, Fried oysters, filet mignon tips to name a couple. One of my favorite wines Cake Bread Chardonnay was on the list and that was a deal maker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Loved it! This was a last minute find, glad to try somewhere new. Food and service were great!Special Features:
- great dining experiencediningirlDined on 5/24/2014The service was impeccable. The restaurant was modern and clean. The food was hot and nicely presented. The seafood appetizer was very good. The kale salad had an interesting flavor combination. The brie and Portobello mushroom pizza was tasty, but had too much thick cheese for my taste. The menu held a nice variety of options. The creme brulee trio for dessert was very good. While I dined inside, the outdoor seating was cute but set against a noisy highway. Plenty of parking in adjacent lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014The marinara pasta with seafood was dissapointing. The hamburger was under cooked. The fries were good. The service was excellent.it could be me just did not enjoy the taste of the food. Good service and nice athmosphere. Seated promptly.Special Features:
- LOVE this place!alyssaDined on 5/17/2014Great food - pizza there is AMAZING! Very unique drink selection as well. Our waitress, Teresa (who we had on 2 separate occasions), is WONDERFUL. She is by far the best waitress I have ever had in all my years of dining.Special Features:
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I took my Mother here for Morther's day. She loved her meal and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day lunch for 5NewinNapaDined on 5/11/2014Made a reservation for 4 people on Sunday and had to increase to 5 people an hour before reservation. I called the restaurant directly and the hostess was very accommodating making the change fir me. We arrived early and they sat us right away because they had a table available. Great service and good food. Manager came by table to ask about our meal. Would recommend to others and definitely go back.Special Features:
- great dininglgrantDined on 5/6/2014food was great, our server was pleasant and very attentive. the restaurant was quiet. great for special occasion dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentMikeVIPDined on 5/3/2014A local favorite. Always excellent food and top notch service. Wondrefill selection of liquor as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very good!StashiDined on 5/3/2014Short ribs are excellent, salmon was great and they made up a scallop dish for one of our party which were excellent and so were the grilled vegatables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner for SixHailHarryDined on 5/3/2014We dined during the Kentucky Derby (not on purpose) so it was a little noisy in the restaurant, but other than that it was a nice evening. The beer list was fairly extensive, the menu was diverse(albeit the escargot was doused in too much garlic) and the service was adequate. I would go back to Gusto.Special Features:
- Poor qualityLocaldiner15Dined on 4/19/2014We have been to Gusto s several times but the quality of the food has gone downhill. The fried calamari was extremely salty and the 5 cheese pizza was greasy and soggy. My son's tuna was raw and undercooked. My short ribs were very fatty and I left over half the meal. For the price we paid.. The meal was vey disappointing. Our waitress gave us good service. I doubt we will return to gustos .
- Gusto GrillGailDined on 3/31/2014Great restaurant! Wonderful food and drink choices, and excellent service. We come often because it is always a pleasure.Special Features:
- Excellent food & service!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/28/2014As always the food, drinks, and service were exceptional! This is one of our favorite restaurants as the regular menu items are always delish, and their nightly specials are too. The freshness and flavors are extraordinary, along with the great service and attention to details, these are the things that keep us coming back.Special Features:
- Was impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014We were actually seated at reservation time even though it was crowded. That means a lot to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014First time visiting Gusto. The dood was excellent and the menu was diverse enough for even the pickiest of diners. Great beer selection and wine list pretty extensive. Good value for price. We will defiantly be visiting here againSpecial Features:
- A Local Place that rewards usSouthwesternVacationerVIPDined on 3/7/2014Service is excellent. Salads are large and fresh, can easily be shared between two people. Entrees are served hot, more than adequate portions and well seasoned side dishes. Didn't have room for dessert this time around. Nice selection of draft and micro brews and a broad cross sections of wines available by the glass. Can't go wrong whether burgers and pizza or more substantial entrees of fish, chicken and short ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great alternative to the chainsDanDDined on 2/22/2014Our visit to Gusto Grill was our second time. Both times the food, service and atmosphere were very good. This restaurant is somewhat on the pricey side though.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceQuatcoDined on 2/21/2014Had a good dinner at Gusto's. Great calamari appetizer, good dinner and excellent service!Special Features:
- Mucho "Gusto".....I likeGerryandFloDined on 2/15/2014This place is great. The wife and I decided to make this our spot from now on. Every other Friday we are there for lunch, we typically have the Filet Mignon skewer tips a salmon dish and margaritas. Our server Biata is excellent as always and keeps us coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.