Guri do Sul Brazilian Steakhouse
1400 Research Forest Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77381Neighborhood:
BrazilianPrice: $31 to $50
Guri do Sul Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.guristeakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2819074146
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday-Thurdsay: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 4:30pm-10:30pm Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 1:00pm -8:00Pm, LIVE MUSIC FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT 7PM-10PM!!!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, South American, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Hector Alonso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call 281-907-4146 and ask for Daniel Pruitt or Jonray Higginbotham.
- Private Party Facilities: Guri do Sul offers three sizes of private dining rooms. Our Conference room can seat from 8 to 24 guest. The Grand room comfortably seats 25 to 60 guest and our Grand Room can accommodate up to 100 guest.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Hirsch 8883401334
A word from Guri do Sul Brazilian Steakhouse
Guri do Sul Brazilian Steakhouse offers a unique style of dining to guest.Our menu begins with a gourmet salad bar with over 30 items to choose from. Following the salad bar, 12 different cuts will be offered, including beef, lamb, chicken, and pork.These cuts will all be served tableside on hot skewers and sliced at your preferred temperature. When you are ready for the meat selections, simply turn the red and green coaster to the green side. This indicates that you are ready for the parade of meats to begin. If you would like to take a break or your appetite is satisfied completely, simply flip the card back to the red side. Don't forget to save room for one of our fresh homemade desserts as well as one of our many wines from around the world. This rodizio style of dining is not only a tradition but a way of life then and now.Lunch price is @$24.95,Lunch salad bar is $19.95,Dinner is $45.,Sunday dinner is $38.50. Dinner salad bar is $24.50. All meals include sides.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Guri do Sul Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- Took my fiancé for his birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Took my fiancé for his birthday and had the best dining experience. Friendly wait staff, delicious food and romantic atmosphere. Worth the money and the time!! Loved it!Special Features:
- Service was not the best.ElGuapoDined on 2/14/2013Service was not the best. Waiter visited table only 1 or 2 times during the meal. Only showed attention towards the end of the meal when it was time to pay and tip.Special Features:
- Loved it! Staff was friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013Loved it! Staff was friendly and the food was great. Highly recommend this spotSpecial Features:
- This was our first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2013This was our first time to try this style of restrautant, and we will definitely try it again. We really enjoyed the food, service, and the atmosphere. Great place to go if you love steak. My wife agreed as well.Special Features:
- It was our 11 year old's birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/10/2013It was our 11 year old's birthday. They did a great job of making her feel like a grown up. When she asked the hostess for the recipe or what was in their n credible rolls, the hostess brought her a box to take home and our waiter asked the chef what was the special ingredients! Their house special was great!Special Features:
- Still needs work...MCinTheWoodlandsVIPDined on 2/9/2013Guri had a facelift since our last visit, and the cosmetic changes are positive. It looks and feels more like upscale dining. Anthony did a great job as our server. The food is still not up to par with the better churrascarias in the city. The House Special Beef Picanha was not as flavorful as it was when this place first opened. Also, the Garlic Beef was served too undercooked, so the flavorful fat, usually the best part of this selection, was tough and unappealingly chewy. The pork ribs were disastrous - they were nuked in the microwave like an afterthought, as was another cut of beef that we'd requested to be cooked more. This is evident by the meat's GRAY color as opposed to the caramelizing browning that comes from roasting.
- Food and service were outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2013Food and service were outstanding. But kids and other noisy patrons interfered with our conversation as tables seemed close and lights were bright. Aside from that, highly recommended.Special Features:
- As a long time patron, myOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013As a long time patron, my opinion on Guri has sometimes been divided. But in the past few month I've dined there multiple times for both lunch and dinner, and consistency in both the service and food has improved markedly. I'm pleased. Also, as a churrascuria, Guri do Sul is among the more kid-friendly. Try the excellent caipirinha!Special Features:
- This place was spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013This place was spectacular! The food selection was absolutely amazing, and it was well worth every dollar spent.Special Features:
- Not only was the meat fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2013Not only was the meat fabulous but so was the salad bar and other offerings. Great experience.Special Features:
- Had a great anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013Had a great anniversary dinner at Guri do Sul. The waiter was fantastic.Special Features:
- A must go!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013The atmosphere was more relaxed than I have experienced at other Brazilian Steakhouses. It was a great change to have a wonderful food and not be uncomfortable! Dress is business casual, bar is well stocked, and food was hot and delicious. If you live on the north side, Guri do Sul is a must when seeking something different.Special Features:
- The food was great when itBigLouVIPDined on 1/11/2013The food was great when it was available. Very long wait for waiters to come around with meat and when we asked when the meat was coming out we were actually ignored several times. Many other people there were also upset with the lack of service/meat. Not even close to being on the same level as Fogo. We will not return for another serving of bad service.
- Outstanding for Meat Lovers!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013Outstanding in every way. They asked if we were first-timers and explained the "system". The wine - they do a "trio" with several special reds and that was very, very good. Beyond that, the wine list is extensive with pricing to accomodate everyone. The salad bar - not just rabbit food, but a nice selection of cheeses (to go with the wine), salmon, veggies. Again, very very nice. Then they bring the meat on skewers to the table. Chicken, lamb, beef, filet mignon, parm chicken. All just outstanding. The best part - the service. EVERYONE waits on you. Anyone that passes by helps, not just a designated person. If I had to change anything - a little upgrade to the atmosphere. You can still see the parking lot out the windows.Special Features:
- Well DoneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/5/2013Nice smaller Brazilian Steakhouse near I-45N in the Woodlands. More of a quiet place for dining than the big chains with their higher noise level. Picana some of the best I've had. Plus shrimp which was a first. And of course, fine lamb chops.Special Features:
- Probably Won't ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2013I have been to several Brazilian Steakhouses over the past few years and this one was my least favorite. First the goods: our server was courteous and professional. The salad bar was excellent (my wife loved the potato salad). The food came a good and the atmosphere was decent. Now the bad: The meat was very fatty. Even the portions of steak that should have been very lean had a lot of fat mixed in. This was a big turn off to my wife who ate very little meat (at a Brazilian steakhouse?). I thought the meats had good flavor, but they were not anything special which you expect for $45 a plate. The tables were seated by packing everyone together instead of spreading out. Overall, it was a fair experience, but I doubt we will return.
- Beef and lamb lovers paradise!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Beef and lamb lovers paradise!!! Our waiter was exceptional, informative, and accommodating.Special Features:
- consistently great, so weComfort0the0FurloughedVIPDined on 12/24/2012consistently great, so we enjoy celebrating special family occasions.Special Features:
- Be careful if you go on aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Be careful if you go on a holiday! We had no idea they charged $20 more per person because it was Christmas Eve! No one told us. The meat was good and salad bar was great but lobster tail (that you paid the extra for) was so covered in garlic that you could not even enjoy the taste of the lobster.
- This was a very special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2012This was a very special night for myself and my new fiancée which I expressed when I called the restaurant to confirm my reservation. The service was less than par and that was the biggest issue. The server was rude and not even close to attentive.Special Features:
- NEVER AGAIN!!!HarryDined on 12/20/2012NEVER AGAIN!!! My family has visited this restaurant many times in the past for special occasions. The food remains great but the wait staff service has dropped to extremely poor. Someone would serve one of the meats and three bites later our plates would remain empty for 5 to 10 minutes until next server came by. Side dishes were brought to the table about 30 minutes into the meal and after they were gone, they were never replaced. When we did finish our dinner we waited for another 10 minutes before I finally left the table and walked around the restaurant to find a waiter willing to take our desert / coffee orders. The $80 gratuity added to our bill just added insult to injury.
- Very bland meatsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012My husband and I went for our Anniversary dinner, we have eaten at many Brazilian Restaurants. We were disappointed, the meats that they served had no flavor,they were bland. We would not return to this restaurant again.
- Very-very Bad Brazilian Steakhouse!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012I wouldn't make another mistake to go to this restaurant. The dining room was small by cramping too many tables too close together, even the servers had a hard time to walk between the tables. The red/green cards didn't help very much because there weren't enough servers to go around. The food (steaks, salad bar & etc) was aweful. Beef were tough,chewy and tasted very bad. All in all, there was nothing good about it at all. A waste of time and money.
- 6:30 PM Saturday Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012This was our first trip to this restaurant and it was so worth the wait. It was such an enjoyable, unhurried and leisurely dinner, full of great food, new tastes and impeccable service. The food was well seasoned and served professionally. The service was non-intrusive but prompt. Everything you could ask for and more. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the dinner so didOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012I enjoyed the dinner so did my fiancé the staff was very friendly and courteous I just wish they still had valet parkingSpecial Features:
- Guri do Sul was a nice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012Guri do Sul was a nice experience. The restaurant was clean and the staff was friendly. The roaming musician was talented and managed to stay moving around the room the entire time we were there. The salad bar has a nice variety to choose from with most options being very tasty. The main course of different meats was hit or miss depending upon your tastes. The grilled shrimp were overdone and rubbery. The filet mignon was superb. Everything else was somewhere in between. The chocolate tres leches was verg good as well. Overall, we liked the experience and will be returning in the near future.Special Features:
- Second visit here went onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2012Second visit here went on a slow night and service was lacking due to the waiter being the bartender/host. Food wasnt cold and seemed fresh but wouldnt suggest this place on a slow evening for the simple fact of service lacks.Special Features:
- Have been before and was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2012Have been before and was good. This was just fair. Waiter was slow on everything but alcohol. Servers did not come around often and all beef was rare, no medium. I feel like I had a $45 salad bar and a couple of $9 drinks.
- Satisfied in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2012We were a group of six celebrating a birthday. We enjoyed every aspect of our dinner. The servers were very friendly and accomdating. The musician was engaging and very talented. We will be back again!Special Features:
- Food was not as flavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2012Food was not as flavorful as last time. Martini was not filled. There were less choices on salad bar.
- The new set-up of the restaurantFamilyFunDined on 11/3/2012The new set-up of the restaurant is very nice, and we loved the live music. The lower price was even better. Great place for hungry teenage boys - they loved it!Special Features:
- Great dinner placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2012great food as always! outstanding service! I had a great BD dinner! Thank you!!!Special Features:
- The restaurant was not setOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2012The restaurant was not set up and I had to wait for 20 minutes after my reservation time until they set up the salad bar and seated my guest and I. My guest and I waited for service for a while before my table was approached. The wait staff seem to biased in whom they give appropriate service to. I will not return to this restaurant and I will not recommend it.
- It is a very good place toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012It is a very good place to dine. The staff goes out of their way to make sure your haply.Special Features:
- The dinning experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2012The dinning experience was a total disaster. The food was not worth the $150.00 we paid. What a dinning experience was poor. We will not return.Special Features:
- It is too expensive for whatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012It is too expensive for what it offers. The salad bar doesn't even have dressings.
- Overall I think this is anLonDDined on 10/6/2012Overall I think this is an poor "expensive" attempt at a Brazilian Steakhouse. If you've never been to one it's "ok". Meat is good but selection is less than would normally found at most. You can go to some nicer steak houses for a $45 steak. Salad bar "ok" but, again, less than you would normally find at a Brazilian SH. We've gone here a number of times over the years, stopped a couple of years ago right after we heard it changed hands. Thought we would go this year to "try again". I think this will be the last.
- The salad bar is amazing!rainoutDined on 10/6/2012The salad bar is amazing! Lots of good stuff! and if you like meat -- this is the place! every kind you can imagine! The bacon wrapped filet mignon and the bacon wrapped chicken breasts were my favorite. If you're eating dinner here, don't eat lunch!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed our experience...wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Really enjoyed our experience...was perfect for a family get togetherSpecial Features:
- Service good / food disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/30/2012Having gone to Texas de Brazil,Rafain,Fogo de Chao for GREAT meals, we were delighted to find a new churrascaria in our backyard. Mixed reviews were a concern, but it's hard to please everyone. Good-Greeted warmly & promptly. Wine list was good & there were SoAm beers we'd never heard of. Cheesy rolls were quite tasty & plentiful. Gauchos were friendly & attentive. It was super clean & the ambiance was very nice. Not good-Food was a HUGE disappointment. Salad bar was tired @ 6:30. We asked for medium, but the meats were really either rare or well-done. Also, either flavor was good & meat TOUGH or meat tender & no/bad flavor. The more we tasted the worse it got. Would rather have had 6 GREAT meats than many fair-to-poor ones.