1701 Gulf Blvd
Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785Neighborhood:
Indian Rocks Beach
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.3bestchefs.com/
- Phone: (727) 593-2032
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm,; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Bebell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Guppy's
The favorite gathering place for locals and visitors is the perfect spot to enjoy lunch and/or dinner along the magnificent sunset. Savor the chef's Daily specials such as Blue Crab Taco, Jamaican Jerk swordfish, Potato Crusted Salmon, and Grilled Jumbo Sea Scallops and Shrimp. The extensive menu serves the freshest of seafood. In addition Filet Mignon, New York Strip Steak from prime cut of tender Black Angus Beef are cooked to perfection. Specialty sandwiches include the popular signatures Guppy's Grouper Sandwich. you may choose your favorite wine from their stellar wine list or enjoy their generous cocktails at their newly designed full liquor bar. A great selection of home made desserts along with an espresso or cappuccino will be a delightful way to finish off your dining experience. When on the mainland please visit our sister restaurants E&E Steakout Grill and Mystic Fish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Guppy's - Best Restaurants in Indian Rocks Beach ›
Guppy's reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (51)neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (28)great for lunch (25)good for groups (17)romantic (17)hot spot (12)great for brunch (11)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great Dinning ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Excellent food and service at reasonable prices. Best crab cakes I ever had. Will definitely be back. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- markymark333Dined on 11/14/2014The food was good as usual. I made my reservation on 9/3/14 for 11/14/14 at 8:00PM. I eithe had a call or email from the restaurant after I made the reservation so far out to make sure it was correct, which it was. When we arrived at the restaurant at 8:00PM on 11/14/14, they did not have my reservation and seemed not to believe me that I had made one. I didn't have my paperwork with me to prove.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Very good dining experience.No complaints.Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a delightful lunchcorkyDined on 11/11/2014I love driving up the coast to Guppy's for lunch. Dinning there on the porch is such a delight. The food is wonderful and the service is lovely what more can anyone ask?Special Features:
- Great as alwaysBaylicarDined on 11/9/2014We always try to get in at Guppys when we come over on holiday. We both love fish and my wife loves lobster so we are both taken care of. The food is always excellent and the service is good.Special Features:
- Alway good timeRICHARDVIPDined on 11/8/2014Food was very good. Nice portions, lots of taste. The biggest raw oysters we have ever seen. Nice grouper. Good wine list. Nice service. All in all a good place to eat. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Night OutBoGloDined on 11/8/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner with my spouse and 2 friends. Did outdoor seating even though it was a chilly night because sitting outdoors is a treat in Florida. Our server was great and the food was delicious! Definitely a place where everyone should dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded and overbookedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/6/2014Despite the reservation, we still waited quite a bit for our table. Our server was had way too many tables and so the service was slow.
- Great service!Mmm56Dined on 11/4/2014I made a reservation for a surprise birthday for my husband. The staff was awesome and helped make the night special. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!VillageResidentVIPDined on 10/23/2014It's kind of difficult to find a perfect restaurant. If the food is excellent, the service might suffer a bit. At Guppy's, everything is in sync. The selection of seafood dishes is always fresh and prepared in inventive ways. Small plates allow you to try several offerings without overeating or taking home a large doggy bag (which would not be a bad thing). Oysters, swordfish, shrimp, everything is just delicious.Special Features:
- Disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/22/2014We have been going to Guppy's for close to 20 years. This visit was very far below their usual standards. We had our Open Table reservation and arrived on time. Instead of sitting outside on their lovely porch as requested, we were put inside in a very crowded room. The wait person did not appear for fifteen minutes and from there things went downhill. When the food arrived, we both had Grouper a frequent favorite. We realized after a couple of bites that it was inedible as had been the salad. We should have sent it back but we were both exhausted and left as quickly as possible. Because of our previous great experiences, we will probably visit Guppy's again sometime in the future but certainly not too soon.
- LaurieDined on 10/17/2014It's our favorite spot whenever we visit. Food is always great and service is wonderful. Very accommodating for food allergy patrons. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- With friendsTheDonVIPDined on 10/13/2014Guppies is always a great place to kick back & talk with friends while having dinner at a reasonable price. Fresh fish is a house speciality & you can always count on friendly service. Highly recommended. Casual beach dress makes for a even more relaxing evening. Outdoor dining but road noise & temperature make booth dining inside preferable.Special Features:
- Delicious food, Terrific service.herpeppinessDined on 10/13/2014My friend and I went for lunch on Columbus Day. We had a 12:30 reservation. Our table was waiting on the covered outdoor patio , which we had requested. Bernie was our server She was friendly and attentive. I had the potato-crusted salmon, which was delicious and very fresh. Fries were well-seasoned and hot. Green beans were cooked just right. Great bread! My friend had the beer-battered grouper sandwich, which she thoroughly enjoyed. I also ordered Lobster bisque and the Shellfish Cobb Salad as a take-out order. I ate them the next day and enjoyed them, too. Inside is attractive and clean with a nice bar. I will definitely return! wonderful, casual place that I highly recommend! Make reservations, if you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kingfish1949Dined on 10/12/2014Great food. Service can be spotty...servers start out eager and attentive but tend to get lost after main course is served . Also, coffee drinks had to be sent back as they were delivered cold. Obviously they sat forgotten by the server. anyway, all in all this is a great place for good food and outdoor dining. The service staff needs to be a little more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousandiMDined on 10/12/2014My husband and i went for my birthday. We went on a Sunday for an early dinner and made reservations. We had an amazing meal. I ordered the filet mignon and it was one of the tastiest things i have ever had. I also got a free dessert since it was my birthday,the sweet waitress recommended the banana fried cheese cake, it was so good! It's a bit of a drive for us but i can't wait o go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!!!NewplacesDined on 10/11/2014My boyfriend and I decided to try this place out for our anniversary since we were going to be staying near by. I was a little nervous since the name sounded a little generic but we were pleasantly surprised! We sat outside. The weather was perfect! Little noisy but I don't mind that at all. We could not believe how cheap our meals were! We had an appetizer(calamari), bread with oil for dipping, salad, and entres for a total of $56 including tip! We could not believe it! Food was wonderful, service was great And loved the atmosphere! Definitely a good decision and I would definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood favoritebmwIBDined on 10/1/2014A lot of care is taken in the preparation of the menu and the items on it. The entrees and side dishes are always delicious. Desserts are, too when we've ordered them. Have been wary in the past at the reception we would receive. The staff can be a little coarse and gritty. One time we called ahead for a reservation because there was a party of 10. But it wasn't recorded. We showed up and were fit into two booths, which worked out okay. This time everything was just fine.Special Features:
- BettyDined on 9/27/2014Guppy's has the best fish spread in town and the Hog Fish was fantastic. love the sunset trioSpecial Features:
- Great FoodmjvmageeDined on 9/26/2014We were a party of 6. Seated immediately. Our server was Danielle and she was excellent, attentive and knowledgeable. Restaurant was crowded and the rooms are small so the noise level is high. Food came out promptly and was delicious. High points were lobster bisque, hogfish, spicy shrimp and grits and mahi. Did not try desserts. Outside seating was cut in half this night be rain. They provide complimentary valet parking and the attendant was fast and polite.Special Features:
- Guppy's across from beach, not onGAK11101VIPDined on 9/18/2014Guppy's was recommended to us by a friend. We were visiting Florida for a week and decided to give the restaurant a try. We were looking for a place that was outside and on the water. When we looked it up, it says Guppy 's on the Beach. We were to say the least, disappointed when we arrived to find out it is across the street and you really can't even see the beach from the outdoor patio. Service was good, food was average.
- Diners DelightdinerschoiceDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant was a great find on my trip to St. Petersburg Beach, FL. The food was great and so was the plating and presentation. We had a great appetizer and entrée. There is a 15% gratuity fee added to each bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a happy birthdayJRFORDDined on 9/1/2014We arrived @ 5 and received our bill @ 6. Our dinner was rushed, as it felt like they needed the table. When we made the reservstion we had noted it was a birthday celebration and our waiter did no even ask if we desired desert. We just got the bill as we were still finihing our main course. Food was great, but we missed the birthday celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place - off the beaten pathWestonerVIPDined on 9/1/2014We found this place thanks to OpenTable - it was perfect for a Sunday Brunch. I went with my wife and two boys - we all had different meals and each was done perfectly. Note: We started with the calamari and the fried oyster appetizers - The calamari was average; the oysters were outstanding! The place is casual, so come with your favorite Hawaiian shirt and flip flops. I promise you'll have a great time.Special Features:
- Hopefully an exceptionTimDDined on 8/26/2014For our second time at Guppy's we invited 2 other couples. While the food was good, as expected, the service was very slow. The restaurant was busy, our waiter only had 3 tables but couldn't seem to remember our request for drinks, butter, etc. and was slow to respond. This didn't ruin our dinner but made it much less enjoyable than it could have been. Maybe our waiter was inexperienced or perhaps they should consider removing the mandatory tip to motivate the wait staff.Special Features:
- good valuejradioVIPDined on 8/23/2014It's not on the beach, but across the street. Good service and a very full menu of choices. We started with crab guacamole which was a great combination. The gulf oysters were good but the horseradish could have had more kick. You get warm tasty bread with an olive oil dip. Meals come with a nice salad. Shrimp and grits has good flavors and the sautéed shrimp had a nice Greek touch with olives and spicesSpecial Features:
- Excellent Dining!SeanMDined on 8/16/2014We've been going to Guppy's for years. Always excellent food. A must try if you're in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SODASOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/15/2014YOUR FOOD IS EXCELLENT. WE LIKE SODAS BUT THEY ARE ALWAYS FLAT. WE USUALLY GET DIET COKE BUT ALWAYS SEND IT BACK FOR ANOTHER TYPE OF DRINK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birhtday dinner at Guppy'sbirthdaydinnerDined on 8/12/2014This is the third year a row we are at Guppy's and celebrating my wifes birthday, a great place with a kind staff and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectCrisDined on 8/11/2014For anyone that wants the perfect meal Guppy's on the Beach is just that. From appetizer to entrees to dessert even the coffee is delicious. Had the pleasure of dining here while spending some time at a friend's beach home. Guppy's was suggested to me and I was so happy we came here. Best meal I've had in a while. While we were in the St. Petersburg area the last two weeks this was by far the best restaurant we went to. Everyone visiting or living in the area must go.Special Features:
- Sea Bass Wowforrest16Dined on 8/8/2014As usual had the sea bass, and it is sea bass, not some sneaky substitute. And as usual it was wonderful with good texture, flavor and an excellent presentation. Service was friendly and very efficient. Be there again next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014better than average beach dining. Have to go through the gauntlet and past servers coming out of the kitchen to be seated inside.Special Features:
- Love this place!homebrewDined on 8/4/2014I visit Guppy's often, I have always had wonderful service and fresh food, one of my favorite Restaurants in our area!Special Features:
- Happily Surprised!BellaDonnaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Typically when we go to a restaurant located in a touristy area, on a Friday evening, we expect just average food & drinks at inflated prices. This was not the case at Guppy's. We started with appetizers - My husband ordered the shrimp & corn chowder and he was quite impressed. I ordered the oysters on the half shell and they were fantastic. We both ordered the crab cake entrée and they were, indeed, quite tasty! I ordered a glass of the red sangria - they add cinnamon to it... sounds crazy, but Dude, It Works! Our server was pleasant but not exactly proficient. Our appetizers were staggered - mine came together with my salad. Meal was great though! We look forward to returning!Special Features:
- Wonderful..in every way!ElaineDined on 7/31/2014We celebrated Mom's 89th Birthday Dinner.. followed with a beautiful Sunset across the street at Indian Rocks Beach. Our Server was Ashley, very neat and caring to ensure our dining experience was perfect in every way. Coconut Shrimp and the Herb Crusted Sea Bass with sides were delicious. For Dessert, I chose ( to surprise Mom ) the Flight of Three Mini Desserts, served with candles on a nice elongated plate, the portions were perfect. Dinner was served at a nice pace, even though the Dining Room was continually full. Tables are spaced well. Food was excellent, the Staff are accommodating and the Restaurant is always clean and meticulous. Guppy's is one of our favorites for Lunch or Dinner since 1999. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Great place to visit!bscherer05Dined on 7/27/2014We are local to the Tampa Bay area, and this was our first trip to Guppy's. After our visit, we wondered how we hadn't found this place sooner. The food was great, the atmosphere was nice, and the service was complementary. If you plan to visit in the evening, I encourage making reservations. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Good seafood!Seafood29Dined on 7/27/2014Guppy's has great seafood. We go there when we want consistent good food. It is always crowded but that's because it's dependable. A bit noisey. Families do go but the tables are close together and might be hard for families. Great Mango Margiritas!Special Features:
- The following 775 reviews are from the Guppy's reviews archive.
- First time visitBumpnrunDined on 7/24/2014Everything we ordered was fabulous. The Blue Crab Guacamole and the crab cakes were great for starters. The seared Ahi Tuna was fork tender and melted in your mouth. Save room for the best key lime pie ever.Special Features:
- Still a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014It has been a while since we went to Guppy's, but food and service were as good as remembered. Our waiter, Rob, made some great suggestions. Attentive, but still gave us plenty of privacy. The menu was a hit with our clients. App's and fish were excellent. Great wine/beer selection.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!!AjelaxDined on 7/19/2014Every time I come back to the Tampa Bay Area I have to stop by here. Christian the server was amazing. The food was beyond words. Very clean and organized. Loved it!!'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.