1701 Gulf Blvd
Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785Neighborhood:
Indian Rocks Beach
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.3bestchefs.com/
- Phone: 7275932032
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm,; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Bebell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Guppy's
The favorite gathering place for locals and visitors is the perfect spot to enjoy lunch and/or dinner along the magnificent sunset. Savor the chef's Daily specials such as Blue Crab Taco, Jamaican Jerk swordfish, Potato Crusted Salmon, and Grilled Jumbo Sea Scallops and Shrimp. The extensive menu serves the freshest of seafood. In addition Filet Mignon, New York Strip Steak from prime cut of tender Black Angus Beef are cooked to perfection. Specialty sandwiches include the popular signatures Guppy's Grouper Sandwich. you may choose your favorite wine from their stellar wine list or enjoy their generous cocktails at their newly designed full liquor bar. A great selection of home made desserts along with an espresso or cappuccino will be a delightful way to finish off your dining experience. When on the mainland please visit our sister restaurants E&E Steakout Grill and Mystic Fish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Guppy's - Best Restaurants in Indian Rocks Beach ›
Guppy's reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (57)neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (28)great for lunch (26)good for groups (21)kid-friendly (18)romantic (16)great for brunch (13)hot spot (12)scenic view (9)notable wine list (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Excellent Dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We've been going to Guppy's for years. Always excellent food. A must try if you're in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SODASOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014YOUR FOOD IS EXCELLENT. WE LIKE SODAS BUT THEY ARE ALWAYS FLAT. WE USUALLY GET DIET COKE BUT ALWAYS SEND IT BACK FOR ANOTHER TYPE OF DRINK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birhtday dinner at Guppy'sbirthdaydinnerDined on 8/12/2014This is the third year a row we are at Guppy's and celebrating my wifes birthday, a great place with a kind staff and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectCrisDined on 8/11/2014For anyone that wants the perfect meal Guppy's on the Beach is just that. From appetizer to entrees to dessert even the coffee is delicious. Had the pleasure of dining here while spending some time at a friend's beach home. Guppy's was suggested to me and I was so happy we came here. Best meal I've had in a while. While we were in the St. Petersburg area the last two weeks this was by far the best restaurant we went to. Everyone visiting or living in the area must go.Special Features:
- Sea Bass Wowforrest16Dined on 8/8/2014As usual had the sea bass, and it is sea bass, not some sneaky substitute. And as usual it was wonderful with good texture, flavor and an excellent presentation. Service was friendly and very efficient. Be there again next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014better than average beach dining. Have to go through the gauntlet and past servers coming out of the kitchen to be seated inside.Special Features:
- Love this place!homebrewDined on 8/4/2014I visit Guppy's often, I have always had wonderful service and fresh food, one of my favorite Restaurants in our area!Special Features:
- Happily Surprised!BellaDonnaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Typically when we go to a restaurant located in a touristy area, on a Friday evening, we expect just average food & drinks at inflated prices. This was not the case at Guppy's. We started with appetizers - My husband ordered the shrimp & corn chowder and he was quite impressed. I ordered the oysters on the half shell and they were fantastic. We both ordered the crab cake entrée and they were, indeed, quite tasty! I ordered a glass of the red sangria - they add cinnamon to it... sounds crazy, but Dude, It Works! Our server was pleasant but not exactly proficient. Our appetizers were staggered - mine came together with my salad. Meal was great though! We look forward to returning!Special Features:
- Wonderful..in every way!ElaineDined on 7/31/2014We celebrated Mom's 89th Birthday Dinner.. followed with a beautiful Sunset across the street at Indian Rocks Beach. Our Server was Ashley, very neat and caring to ensure our dining experience was perfect in every way. Coconut Shrimp and the Herb Crusted Sea Bass with sides were delicious. For Dessert, I chose ( to surprise Mom ) the Flight of Three Mini Desserts, served with candles on a nice elongated plate, the portions were perfect. Dinner was served at a nice pace, even though the Dining Room was continually full. Tables are spaced well. Food was excellent, the Staff are accommodating and the Restaurant is always clean and meticulous. Guppy's is one of our favorites for Lunch or Dinner since 1999. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Great place to visit!bscherer05Dined on 7/27/2014We are local to the Tampa Bay area, and this was our first trip to Guppy's. After our visit, we wondered how we hadn't found this place sooner. The food was great, the atmosphere was nice, and the service was complementary. If you plan to visit in the evening, I encourage making reservations. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Good seafood!Seafood29Dined on 7/27/2014Guppy's has great seafood. We go there when we want consistent good food. It is always crowded but that's because it's dependable. A bit noisey. Families do go but the tables are close together and might be hard for families. Great Mango Margiritas!Special Features:
- First time visitBumpnrunDined on 7/24/2014Everything we ordered was fabulous. The Blue Crab Guacamole and the crab cakes were great for starters. The seared Ahi Tuna was fork tender and melted in your mouth. Save room for the best key lime pie ever.Special Features:
- Still a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014It has been a while since we went to Guppy's, but food and service were as good as remembered. Our waiter, Rob, made some great suggestions. Attentive, but still gave us plenty of privacy. The menu was a hit with our clients. App's and fish were excellent. Great wine/beer selection.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!!AjelaxDined on 7/19/2014Every time I come back to the Tampa Bay Area I have to stop by here. Christian the server was amazing. The food was beyond words. Very clean and organized. Loved it!!'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guppy's is a winnernyerlontanoVIPDined on 7/17/2014One day when the humidity in July dropped, I took a friend to Guppy's for lunch so we could sit outside. It was wonderful! Service, atmosphere, and the food as terrific as I remembered from six months ago. If only more friends would visit I'd eat there more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time DinersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014First time at Guppy's. Overall, a good experience. Enjoyed the calamari, the aioli sauce was good. Had the scallops with the mushrooms and risotto cake, really tasty. Our server had the scallops cooked a second time, he did not feel the first ones were cooked properly. He apologized and even though we waited a little longer, I was glad he made the effort. My husband had the lobster ravioli, not the greatest, the ravioli were good but the sauce had an ingredient that he was not fond of, cilantro? Perhaps a white bechamel sauce instead or a red marinara type sauce.Special Features:
- Something for everyone!smithflaDined on 7/8/2014We brought an eclectic group to Guppy's this week, and everyone left happy! Needed vegetarian options, non-seafood options, and other dietary restrictions, PLUS needed a good cocktail selection, and Guppy's provided. Steven our waiter was funny and professional and explained the menu to us, helping us with the best choices for all of our groups' meals. Highly recommend crab cakes, ahi tuna, and vegetable tower!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Enjoyed wonderful dinner fresh Grouper was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place.BlacknGold4everDined on 7/5/2014Food was just awesome. Best meal we had over our entire vacation. Very fresh ingredients and well prepared dishes. Great service as well. If I lived anywhere near this place, I'd eat there 3 days a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodAlanDined on 7/1/2014Another enjoyable lunch. This was the first time for our guest and she has added the restaurant to her go-to list.Special Features:
- Great food and fabulous serviceRob4848Dined on 6/28/2014Went to this restaurant after reading some reviews. Pleased we went there. Food was great and the service was terrific. One of the best waiters we have ever had. Would most definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- Not the usualfamilyof4Dined on 6/28/2014Very disappointed this time. Usual things are better here. I brought my family in with my dad and step mom and was very disappointed in the service. Server kept screwing up and saying fair enough. Food was good as always but the service needs work.
- First TimersLuvbchlifeDined on 6/27/2014Great food and excellent service but disappointed that we had made reservations and was sat at a high top table in the bar area and it was extremely loud! Only negative. Will recommend and return on our next trip to Clearwater but request outside table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie21Dined on 6/15/2014Have always enjoyed bringing family and friends to dine at Guppy's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guppy's for Yuppies!AlmostPerfectDined on 6/14/2014Great, casual beach spot. Worth the drive from anywhere. Make sure you make reservations to avoid long waits. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great meal with great serviceAndyDined on 6/13/2014Great meal with great service. We were seated promptly at an indoor table as we requested. Our server was very solicitous throughout our meal. The food was very good, well prepared and nicely presented. We were not rushed or left waiting, pace was just right. This visit the dining room was noisy which made it difficult to converse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant rocks!beachluverDined on 6/12/2014Guppy's was a great find in Indian Rocks! We enjoyed our meal and drinks. The atmosphere was inviting and service was friendly & efficient. It has a colorful illuminated bar! It was quite busy so reservations are a must. If you like good food, Guppy's is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceBCloseDined on 6/12/2014Went here two years ago on vacation & happy to report it STILL has some of the best food in Indian Rocks Beach!Special Features:
- Great food and placevadg72Dined on 6/11/2014Food was very delicious. waitress was courteous. We will happy to come back.Special Features:
- born2dineDined on 6/9/2014Potato crusted salmon is a winner. The baby arugula salad with grilled chicken is a luncheon delight. For desert we indulged in the tasty fried banana caramel cheesecake which was nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2gemDined on 6/7/2014Very disappointing. Service was poor. Other tables were served and we were still waiting. Waiter finally came over and acknowledged delay. Manager never came to table.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodVisitingfromCTDined on 6/5/2014Great lobster, super salmon and great mix of flavors. Attentive servers.Special Features:
- Always GoodTessDined on 6/4/2014They have a fresh, eclectic menu. Chef is always thinking of unique specials. We've been going to Guppy's for many years and have not been disappointed. Managers and staff are always there to make sure you are satisfied.Special Features:
- great for special occasionssupperscout57Dined on 6/2/2014I took my wife there for our 3 year anniversary. We both loved the food and the good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, unimpressed.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014This place is just too close to the street, they play their music too loud to cover the Harley's booming past, and the inside of the restaurant smelled like a fishy, mildewed old mop. Food was so-so. The tables are too close together allowing us to "enjoy" the conversations of the tables next to us and it was impossible for us to have our own conversation with the noise level. The only sign of class was our waiter who was spot on, considerate and doing the best he could with the overload of tables jammed into this joint. I hope he finds a better place to work where his talents will be put to better use. We went for a special night to celebrate a birthday. Wish we could do it over again and go to Island grill instead. Disappointed.
- A great local favoriteSteveVIPDined on 5/17/2014Always consistently great, the "Sunset Trio" a special treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guppy's (on the beach) ??HuggablDined on 5/14/2014When we arrived at the restaurant our table was ready, however it was a bit small for 5 people. They had bigger round tables but they were all taken. Our server was awesome. He attended to all of our needs in a timely and proficient manner throughout our meal. Our food was served in a slow paced manner which was what we liked because there was time in between each course to have conversation and digest our food. We had no room for dessert, however, we ordered two to go and had them the next day and they were worth the wait. The one downside of the restaurant is that the name states "on the beach" which clearly it was not. Our outside seating was actually with the parking lot and street as part of our view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mother's day early dinnerAllyinclearwaterDined on 5/11/2014Took my mother and sister to Guppy's for an early dinner (3:00 p.m.) on Mother's Day. Ate inside. There was 7 of us. Restaurant was very busy. Food was good. Our waiter seemed to be "put off" when we asked for refills on soda or ketchup. Not attentive. Parking is a nightmare. Whole experience was rather disappointing. Very little "atmosphere". Will probably not return. Too many other restaurants that are more appreciative of their patrons.Special Features:
- Not what we expect from Guppy'sCruzanmermaidDined on 5/11/2014I took my Mom there for Mother's Day as she was very impressed last time we went there. This time was a different story unfortunately. They left certain ingredients off her salad & my veggie burger tasted like the ones I buy at Costco. It was just such a let down & on such an important day. She had really been looking forward to it after her last experience. Maybe it was an off day?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A show off placeSullyDined on 5/10/2014The first place we think of to bring visiting friends is Guppy's. We have live in IRB for almost 30years and Guppy's in one of our favorite places of all times for fantastic food and service.Special Features: