Guppy's Good Times
148 W. Germantown Pike
East Norriton, PA 19403Neighborhood:
King of Prussia
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Guppy's Good Times
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.guppysgoodtimes.com/
- Phone: 4846819636x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Mexican, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jose Vargas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: To find out what is happening tonight or in the future, we have an easy-to-use calendar on our website. We feature live music every Friday and Saturday, starting at 8:30 PM.
A word from Guppy's Good Times
WELCOME HOME! Guppy's is your local neighborhood family restaurant. All of our food is from local PA farms, Free Range Meats, and all food is fresh and made to order.Continued
We Have a selective draft list that includes nothing but local Breweries.
We Have a selective draft list that includes nothing but local Breweries.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Guppy's Good Times reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- unexpected pleasureHeatherVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went to Guppy's as a family with some out of town visiting family members and it turned out to be a great spot that we will go to again. The food and service were very good and there was "something" for everyone. We were sorry that we went there on a rainy evening, because we couldn't take advantage of what looked like a very nice outdoor dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific TimeUncleBVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had a great meal here with a large group of friends in town.. We live out in E Norriton so it's great to finally have a non chain option to go to when friends are in town.. Everything was fresh and we stayed for hours just eating and hanging out.. Must try the nachos, burgers, and poutine! The service was friendly and effecient and a manager (not sure his name but looks like a young Al Pacino) came and checked on us twice.. Definitely a must try if you live in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local jointFoodie4lifeDined on 7/18/2014The place was loud and the service was slow. The nachos came with cheese wiz which was the first bad sign. The veggie burger was tasty but overall everything was too greasy for my liking. I would not go back.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Guppy's Good Times reviews archive.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014My 6 year old daughter wanted to go to Guppy's for her birthday. We love their food so my husband and I were game. We invited family to meet us there. The food was delicious and everyone enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. The beer selection was great and everyone commented on how much they enjoyed the 6 year old's choice of restaurant.... she loves the mac-n-cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to go to againBBT844Dined on 4/25/2014Nice room, nice staff, and good food & menu. A great place to relax and watch the game and eat wellSpecial Features:
- Great findMinniemissyDined on 3/7/2014Doesn't look like much from the outside but when you get inside you could be anywhere. Great food, great service try it you'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner at Guppy'sTwoSheds2Dined on 2/22/2014We dine here once a month and we always have a very good meal. The burgers are awesome. The local craft beer choices are unique and pair well with the food. We've even stopped in for a beer or two, just because the selection is always new. My wife has been there once for bunch, and wants to go back. We will be returning often.Special Features:
- First time, will go again for sure4FriendsDined on 2/15/2014This was our first time at Guppy's and we had an enjoyable time. Food was excellent, and remember, it is a sports bar type establishment so dont look for gourmet food. The only complaint we might have, which was easily overlooked was there was a large group of people with kids. The adults sat at one table and of course all the kids were at the table right behind us. The parents were not very attentive to their kids and they did get quite loud at times and one fell over in her chair without injury at least. But with this aside. we had a great time and will definately be going there again soon.Special Features:
- Mostly GoodGigiDined on 2/15/2014On a recent somewhat snowy Sat. Night, good crowd, noisy. We were seated immediately. My husband had a large burger that was very good. Grandson ate the 2 mini cheeseburgers w/o complaint. The French fries were plentiful but lukewarm and left uneaten. I had the short rib w/ Mac and cheese, small plate. The tiny piece of meat(?) was over cooked and dried out. The Mac and cheese was a large slice?? Of chewy boring pasta, a big disappointment. We will give it another try and make some different choices, maybe brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againRuns2EatDined on 1/15/2014We came back after eating here over the summer. This experience sealed the deal we would not be back. My best friend ordered the French onion soup which was once great but now tasteless and bland not to mention cold. Our berry salad was a handful of spinach, some cut strawberries and too sweet dressing. Best friend got the Guinness stew - a bowl full of mashed potatos and a little bit of a tomato stew with TWO pieces of meat in it. My mom and I got the salmon which was supposed to have a tomato and asparagus salad and mango salsa. No salsa, salad was 3 slices of tomato and 2 asparagus! My mom's fish was bad and was sent back. They weren't going to comp the fish. Eaters beware. My friends had their CC stolen by a waitress after dining here.
- Fresh FoodRysdesVIPDined on 1/6/2014We went for lunch. My son really enjoyed his burger. He said the meat tasted very good. I had fish taco. They used salmon. I liked it because it didn't have the strong fishy smell that some salmons do. We didn't order any alcoholic beverages. But they seem to have an interesting beer and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as our first visitNomieKnowsVIPDined on 1/3/2014First, let me say, the onion soup was fantastic!! The Guiness beef stew was a real disappointment. Served on a bed of mashed potatoes provided an unsatisfying texture due to the gravy that rested on it. The really unappetizing feature was that the pieces of potatoes in the stew seemed to outnumber the pieces of beef in the bowl. When I finished searching for the beef, I was left with s bowl of potatoes covered with potatoes. I asked the server to let the chef know that it seemed poor planning to have so much of that starch. He shared that others have said the same. Apparently, the message hadn't been taken seriously. I will return since my previous meal 2 months earlier was quite good, and the servers are very pleasant.Special Features:
- Guppy Bad TimesTwinsVIPDined on 12/27/2013It started when our reservation wasn't honored for 30 minutes and it went downhill from there. 6:30 reservation after 8:30 before we had all of our dinner.
- Give it a tryKokosDadVIPDined on 12/22/2013Met some family at this casual dining sports bar type place anchored at the end of a strip mall off the beaten path. Doesn't sound like it's going to be too good does it? However food was hot, fresh and original - not just the same old stuff you get at TGIF, Ruby Tuesday, or Chicky-n-Petes. Menu had a bit of a Canadian/French theme which was different and everything was very well prepared. Service was great as well. Give it a try for something better when watching the game with friends or family or for a nice casual night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- note from MichaelOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2013The service was good but our waitress needed to listen more. The one serving asked for no home fries and she got them. She wasn't too happy. She was mistake with our drinks a few times. We Will go back but t until after New Years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood is betterSandyVIPDined on 11/15/2013We are thankful to live within a 4 mile round walking distance from Guppys. Not because we like to drink, but because we can eat more! The neighborhood needed something like this!Special Features:
- I finally decided to get aSandyVIPDined on 10/20/2013I finally decided to get a hamburger that I was so very much craving. Guppy's did not have any beef left! So dissappointed! The Veggie burger was good though. My husband was very disappointed. I am not sure I will be able to get him back.Special Features:
- Great experience, was veryAdriVIPDined on 10/19/2013Great experience, was very noisy and the service could have been a little quicker. But it was Saturday night and very crowded. Would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and local foodCYP27VIPDined on 10/3/2013Guppy's has been a favorite of mine ever since they opened. The menu is pretty consistent and the food is always delicious. They offer good Happy Hour specials as well as decent regular prices for what you're getting. I love the Veggie Burger, and I never had one I liked before trying theirs. Be sure to get dessert -- you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!tmhilbushVIPDined on 9/29/2013really enjoyed it, we saw outside for brunch on a sunday morning and had a wonderful time. great menu, can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Needs a little workfoodieintrainingDined on 9/20/2013We got there a little early, put in our order for drinks which came quickly. We then put in our food order, it took about an hour before I had to ask our waitress where our appetizers were, when the fries came out they were cold and had to be sent back. The mussels were good but the bread seemed stale. The only saving grace was the burger one of us ordered, the 'small' plates seemed like you received less protein but the same amount of pasta. I may check out their other restaurant in Conshohocken to see if it's any better as the menu has promise, otherwise I will not be revisiting this location.
- Very good pubmarshapetVIPDined on 8/23/2013Liked this alot. I really liked the "health vibe" on the menu for a pub. I really wanted to try the buffalo burger but, not available in the new locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.