1149 Lancaster Ave
Rosemont, PA 19010Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gulliftys.com/
- Phone: 6105251851
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday -Thursday: 11:00am–12:00am,
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Gullifty's Restaurant
Since 1975, Gullifty’s Pizza Grille and Bar. The Main Line Tradition with great food, award winning beer selection, and outdoor dining- something for everyone!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gullifty's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (11)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- An Old FavoriteDiningOutOfTown2Dined on 8/23/2014I've been going to this restaurant since I moved to the area 6 years ago. It is a go-to when my friends and I want a good dinner at an affordable price. The renovations within the last year have added a lot of light (I guess they added lights or raised the ceiling). I ordered fajitas (as I always do there), and they came later than the rest of the table's orders. In the past I've had many desserts, all of which I recommend except for the "Key Lime" Pie. It's not like most key lime pies in looks or taste. The new additions to the menu in the last year are very welcome, and many of the older menu items are still there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesKinBelDined on 8/15/2014We eat here frequently, partly because it has a good kid's menu, partly because there is a convenient handicap entrance, partly because of location, but mostly because the food is usually good and the service is excellent. Occasionally there is a disappointment... I wish they had not removed some of the small plate entries that made for a good small meal. But the hamburgers, my husband's favorites, are always excellent, a steak and trimmings one of our guests had was very good, the salads are huge (if maybe mostly lettuce) and we are especially happy with the excellent service. It is noisier than we like, and if you feel that way we recommend that if you sit downstairs take a table away from the bar next to that painted wall.Special Features:
- AlexDined on 8/4/2014Went to celebrate a birthday. Our waiter wasn't fantastic but I've definitely had worse. Food was great however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the Main Line Winner!JB22VIPDined on 8/2/2014Well deserved Best of Winner for Pizza in 2013, and a second award in 2014 for BEST EVERYDAY restaurant. With a wide selection of gastro pub food pushing the envelope towards fine dining since the iconic Main Line family eatery remodeled, there is simply too much not to like. From the staples like Alligator Tacos and Bacon Mac n Cheese - the starters are simply AWESOME. They have a fine selection of craft and specialty beers both from the bottle and the tap. Only way to describe the ribs and the burgers is decadent. Top notch eatery with so many choices, you'll need and enjoy several visits to sample the delights of the entire menu.Special Features:
- Great food, bar could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Loved the food but the outdoor bar needs to improve with the liquor it stocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Horrendous ServiceartistchrisbDined on 7/5/2014I made a reservation for my partner and I requesting outdoor dining, but when I arrived the indoor hostess rudely directed me to the outdoor hostess instead. When we got outside, none of the servers passing by, nor did the hostess acknowledged that we were even standing there. When she finally came up, I mentioned that I had made a reservation. She casually looked around and saw a table for two covered in dirty napkins and glasses saying, "Oh, we could clean that table off." After we got our meals, we had to flag someone down because we didn't have silverware or napkins. Our server took over 20 minutes to bring our check because she was texting. Needless to say, we will not be returning and it's a shame because the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great FoodYummyTummyDined on 6/15/2014I have been here a few times, and each experience has been delicious! This place is and will remain one of my top choices to dine, for lunch and dinner..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mixed BagPaulDined on 6/15/2014As usual the food was reliable if unspectacular but once seated, we waited for 10 minutes for a server to come by before realizing we had been seated at a booth to which no one had been assigned. This simply doesn't happen at a competently-run restaurant. Once a server was assigned, he was courteous and efficient but when we left, the host and hostess at the front desk were so busy joking with each other that they couldn't possibly have been attending to business.Special Features:
- An old favorite, made upscaleBabka91Dined on 6/7/2014Gullifty's was my favorite restaurant growing up. Unfortunately it was renovated and now it's trying to be a fancier restaurant. The food was fine, but not really worth the prices they charged. It was also VERY loud in there which made it harder to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So noisy it hurtEat2LiveVIPDined on 6/7/2014I would recommend Gullifty's on the condition that the person didn't want to tap to anyone and wouldn't mind wearing ear plugs while dining. The noise level was so high it hurt my ears. I couldn't hear our waiter. I had to shout for him to hear me. This really detracted from the enjoyment of eating. The food here is extremely good but the noise level makes you forget that. Please do something! Even outside was screaming loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 69 reviews are from the Gullifty's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2014We went to the restaurant for a birthday party. There were seven of us. The waitress was very nice and friendly, and very accommodating. I recommend this place. Great food.Special Features:
- Under staffed and subpar serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/12/2014This visit was not worth the $85 I spent. Out waitress did the least amount if work possible for my table that a sever could do. I had to ask for everything ie silverware, napkibs, drink refills and I was about to go to the bar to get some napkins to wipe up the glass of wine that was knocked over 10 minutes prior and we didn't get any napkins yet, nor did any of the other else ask or bring anything to clean up the 3/4 glass of wine in the floor and table. Our waitress finally had someone else clean it and asked if we wanted another glass. 25 minutes later and no glass of wine, 3/4 of our meals eaten(brought out by someone else) was I finally able to flag her down and cancel the glass of wine. She gave a very unconvincing "oh I'm so sorry"I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty decent placepyk83Dined on 4/12/2014We were seated outdoors, which was nice. However, the service wasn't the best. They were packed indoors, and our waiter was definitely struggling to get all of his parties taken care of--they definitely needed more servers. Food was decent and the beer menu was pretty extensive with lots of microbrew beers. This is good for coming with friends.Special Features:
- The server was sweet but toompwalkergirlDined on 4/9/2014The server was sweet but too busy to manage the table well. Kitchen was slow Under renovation so the ambiance should improve. Spent many a happy hour at Gullifty's when a Nova' student on the 80's. Hope it can recapture glory days ehen renovation is done. Also, way overpriced for salads and fajitas...Special Features:
- Terrible experienceBrynMawrDinerVIPDined on 3/29/2014Have no words - waiter ruined our evening with a bad attitude. Food was average, it was loud and staff was overwhelmed. Thought we might find a nice place to go with kids/family, but will not be back.
- Good, but so noisy!LWeig518VIPDined on 3/28/2014My husband and I have been to Gullifty's quite a few times and have enjoyed our food and service each time. This night was no different in that respect; however, the noise level from the over-crowded bar was almost too much to handle. I had to shout so my husband and waiter could hear me, and the woman at the table next to ours had to do the same thing. I have no complaints about the food or service, but it would be nice if there were something to block some of the noise from the bar from drifting into the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experience but noisyHdpenn730Dined on 3/28/2014I really enjoyed my food and drinks. Our waiter was nothing but nice, quick to help us, and willing to answer our menu questions. The noise of the restaurant was a little hard to have a nice conversation but I would still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BooPennmomDined on 3/23/2014Not kid friendly. Service was terrible. Food was fine at best. But, at least it wasn't cheap.
- Good food, service at Gullifty'sPhilamaxDined on 3/22/2014We have dined here many times and always find that they have good food and attentive service. This was no exception. And if you're looking for a quick meal, we were finished in an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehJanelleSVIPDined on 3/21/2014If you are in the mood for bar atmosphere with fine dining prices and fast food service this is your place. This was our second visit with the same server both times (Lamont). He was better this time but still slow and not overly attentive. We had no silver ware when our entrees arrived and had to ask for refills if we saw him. The food has potential but nothing to go out of the way for.
- Food selection and qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2014Food selection and quality is very decent, but the noise level is deafening! Seems that the relatively recent interior redesign has made the acoustics even worse than they were before, unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been bad...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014We arrived a little early for our reservation. Thank goodness, We were not on the list as having a reservation. Of course I showed them the confirmation from Open Table. This is a very busy restaurant. They did not have room for us in the restaurant area, but placed us in a booth in the bar area. It actually worked out well for the three of us. This issue was handled professionally. They did everything they could to make us comfortable. We enjoy going there because of the staff and food. We were more than satisfied with the way they handled lack of a reservation coming through on Open Table.Special Features:
- Decent food, noisyDhvhDined on 3/15/2014If you want to have a quiet, serious discussion, this is not the place for that. If you want decent food, cocktails, and watch tv, yes, this is your go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Gulliftys is outstandinJenniferDined on 3/14/2014The food at Gulliftys is outstanding, but for the second time (in a row), with two different waitstaff, my credit card was charged incorrectly, voided and recharged. This leaves a transaction on hold for up to 5 business days, I did not authorize a second swipe of my card, regardless of server error and the incorrect transaction being voided, to just swipe the card a second time without my authorization is unacceptable to me. Because of the food, I will return, but will pay cash in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popped in for a business dinnerJB22VIPDined on 3/10/2014Was there on a Monday and was surprised at the crowd for a typical off night for restaurants ... found a perky young hostess who seated us immediately and watched as the restaurant quickly filled with patrons. 3 hungry businessmen were impressed with the beer options (They serve Chimay!) and the dinner options - opting not to go gastro pub food but with full course dinners. The short rib and the crab cakes were awesome, and we split some appetizers that arrived promptly. Will definitely go back and sample some of the "fun bar food" and sandwiches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodAnnieGDined on 2/23/2014A last minute decision to eat out after an 8-hour car ride; tired but hungry. Service was prompt and very good throughout the meal. I heard some were unhappy since they ran out of Bud Light, but we hate the stuff so didn't care. Calamari was gone for the night, too, which had us a little sad. Braised short ribs were very good. Scottish salmon was slightly dry but very tasty. Broccoli steamed just right. We like the menu variety and always have a good meal.Special Features:
- Waitress/great. Hostess was rudevinceVIPDined on 1/26/2014I asked the hostess for something and she just turned her head and walked away Very rude and they have lost a good customer. I will go to Kelly' s or the Grog just down the street
- Great foodJanineDined on 1/22/2014I had the crab cake sandwich and it was great.! Lots of flavor and little filling mostly crab meat. Staff was very attentive and service was quick.Special Features:
- The Hostesses could kill this placeFamilydinersDined on 1/18/2014It was our first time and it was after a Villanova basketball game but the hostess staff could have singlehandedly strangled the business Saturday night. We had a reservation for 7:15pm. At 7:30 the hostess at the stand, surrounded by waiting patrons, said she had no idea which party was next to be seated. I had also witnessed others questioning the wait times they had been repeatedly told by the hostesses. The food was good but eventually people are going to realize it might not be worth the hassle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingPaulVIPDined on 1/17/2014We arrived on short notice with a group of 11 and the staff was very responsive in getting our group seated and hungry swimmers fed. Very attentive and cheery table service. Manu is varied and the food was good. Just right for the situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gullifty's was a good casualOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/15/2014Gullifty's was a good casual dining option when I was a student at Villanova. Now, after my children have graduated from there, it's still a great stand-by. Great service and good casual dining.
- Always a good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2014We can always count on Gullifty's for a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful with ReservationHappyDinerDined on 1/10/2014The food and service were excellent. Our waiter was very knowledgeable, and all of the food was tasty. I strongly recommend a reservation, as they were very good about holding reserved tables and seating you when you arrived, as opposed to the 20-30 minute wait without a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family-friendly spotwebhillVIPDined on 1/10/2014It's nice to have a family-friendly option with a good selection of beers on tap. We arrived during a rush with lots of big parties present already, but were seated immediately. Our server was very attentive and took great care of us without rushing us through. Our kids had no problem making selections from the wide-ranging menu and everyone was happy with their food. It was unusually noisy due to a large college-age birthday party happening adjacent to us, but that just made it seem kind of festive. The menu has definitely improved over the years since I first went there so very very many years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodMPfromPAVIPDined on 1/4/2014This spot is one of our go-to's for a casual no-fuss dining experience with a variety of menu choices and very good food.Special Features:
- Staff Christmas luncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Gullifty's events manager was quick to assist me on the reservation and everything turned out perfectly. The staff was attentive, yet not obtrusive and even offered to take our group picture when we were getting ready to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer with ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2013Our party was sat right away. But our table was a long table and the restaurant was soo loud that it was impossible to talk to people at the other end of the table. They have great selection of beer but they removed a lot of choices from the menu. Some of my favorite things are no longer offered. Food was good but nothing special. Our server was nice and polite. We would go back but maybe request to sit upstairs. It was so loud that it was hard to enjoy our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent family dinnerBunzoDined on 10/24/2013Good varied menu. Kids portions were very small and only large enough for a child with very small appetite. We had to order more for our 7 year old. Food was good - not great.... salad dressing too heavy Restaurant a bit dreary looking but Overall a family friendly place that we would return to occasionallySpecial Features:
- Gullifty's: Always ConsistentRPinPvilleDined on 10/16/2013Gullifty's is one of my go to places for work lunches. The food is good, have a nice selection of salads, and seem to accommodate special requests easily. There is ample parking, though current construction has changed things up a little. Parking is a bit trickier, but still plenty. It's a nice place to get good food and talk business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very poor duesswimmerDined on 9/21/2013Service was very poor due to Villanova's Parent's weekend. They gave our food to another table then brought it to us after someone at the other table touched it. They were delivering the wrong food to the wrong people all around us.I would recommend this to a friend.