1149 Lancaster Ave
Rosemont, PA 19010Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gulliftys.com/
- Phone: (610) 525-1851
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday -Thursday: 11:00am–12:00am,
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Gullifty's Restaurant
Since 1975, Gullifty’s Pizza Grille and Bar. The Main Line Tradition with great food, award winning beer selection, and outdoor dining- something for everyone!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Gullifty's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bryn Mawr ›
Gullifty's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (22)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (16)great for outdoor dining (15)neighborhood gem (15)great for lunch (12)hot spot (9)special occasion (6)late-night find (5)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Dissapointing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/20/2014We recently went as a group of 6 people. A friend had recommended the restaurant. I was extremely displeased with my meal. I ordered a Greek salad (one of my favorites). It was a plate of lettuce with very little in it. Small slivers of cucumber, several halves of cherry tomatoes a small amount of Feta cheese, hardly worth the $11 price. One of our group also ordered another salad and sent it back for more lettuce. Another person in our party ordered a Cobb salad and it was big, looked good and full of ingredients. I was totally disappointed in the restaurant.
- Great Time with Friendsdc510Dined on 11/8/2014Met with friends that we haven't seen in long time. The menu was great, service was attentive , all in all we had a great time and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/7/2014Chicken sandwich was dry and over prices. Friend's fajita came in 2 parts. Sides and 15 mi Utes later the chicken. Had to ask 3 times where the rest of it was. Manager did comp the drinks
- It's not you it's meRobertVIPDined on 11/7/2014There isn't anything inherently wrong with Gullifty's. It's clean, bright, big, and has plenty of food options. So while the large building can fill it's wall with a lot of people (families, young adults, high school/college students) and not be piled on top of each other that's a good thing. Plenty of food options is nice, but when hardly any are cooked well that's a bit of an issue. This place took me back to when I was younger, you wanted a place your mom can drop you and your friends off at and have some fries. It's really perfect for that. But I need a little more out of my dining establishments these days.Special Features:
- Long waitbarryDined on 10/25/2014We arrived on time with a reservation and had to wait 20 minutes for a table. The noise level was extremely loud and not good for conversation. The server was very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Toby1Dined on 10/4/2014Met a friend I only get to see about 2x/year. The restaurant was not crowded, but did fill up as we sat and caught up. The servers were gracious and let us take our time-about 2 1/2 hours. The food was delicious , especially the portabella mushroom & lentil salad. My friend is a vegetarian(I am a canivore!)and I usually wouldn't have gone for that salad, but I would certainly order it again-we shared it and a delicous 4-cheese white pizza. Everything abou the visit was delightful. They are eager to please.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceNovafan15Dined on 9/20/2014After waiting nearly an hr were were told our order was never placedSpecial Features:
- Good place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014Burgers were delicious! My son had the salmon, and it was good too! It is noisy, and service was slow but we weren't in a hurry so it was fine! Big outdoor seating area- looked very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toby1Dined on 9/12/2014Gullifty's has gone through some remodling and refacing and looks great inside & out. I met a friend for lunch on a Friday afternoon and it was fairly quiet and the staff was attentive. There are some interesting newer choices on the menu and a great on-tap beer list. Food was great as usual. Will be back again.Special Features:
- A Mixed ReviewFrankRVIPDined on 9/7/2014the food was good but service was inattentive. We waited a long time for the waiter to wait on us originally and the stop back periodically to check on us or get us additional drinks or service items. Seemed like other tables had better service.
- Love it hereMary804Dined on 9/7/2014I have been going to Gullifty's in Bryn Mawr for about 30+ years, and it never disappoints. Always a fun time with fun friends, and great food.Special Features:
- Good food but very noisyk8loweDined on 9/5/2014I love this restaurant and have for years. It has a terrific menu, with lots of interesting (good for ya, too!) options that will appeal to many tastes. We have loved their baked potato soup and strawberry pie (wonderful indulgences that even our vegetarian and vegan dining companions cannot resist), and I am particularly fond of the portobello and lentil salad--satisfying and delicious. I was hear with an old friend on a Friday night recently and noticed first, it has been redecorated and it looks great--no longer dim and dingy. But now unfortunately the place has many more hard surfaces and the sound of all the happy diners just bounces off the walls. Not a relaxing dining experience. I sincerely hope they fix this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Old FavoriteDiningOutOfTown2Dined on 8/23/2014I've been going to this restaurant since I moved to the area 6 years ago. It is a go-to when my friends and I want a good dinner at an affordable price. The renovations within the last year have added a lot of light (I guess they added lights or raised the ceiling). I ordered fajitas (as I always do there), and they came later than the rest of the table's orders. In the past I've had many desserts, all of which I recommend except for the "Key Lime" Pie. It's not like most key lime pies in looks or taste. The new additions to the menu in the last year are very welcome, and many of the older menu items are still there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesKinBelDined on 8/15/2014We eat here frequently, partly because it has a good kid's menu, partly because there is a convenient handicap entrance, partly because of location, but mostly because the food is usually good and the service is excellent. Occasionally there is a disappointment... I wish they had not removed some of the small plate entries that made for a good small meal. But the hamburgers, my husband's favorites, are always excellent, a steak and trimmings one of our guests had was very good, the salads are huge (if maybe mostly lettuce) and we are especially happy with the excellent service. It is noisier than we like, and if you feel that way we recommend that if you sit downstairs take a table away from the bar next to that painted wall.Special Features:
- AlexDined on 8/4/2014Went to celebrate a birthday. Our waiter wasn't fantastic but I've definitely had worse. Food was great however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the Main Line Winner!JB22VIPDined on 8/2/2014Well deserved Best of Winner for Pizza in 2013, and a second award in 2014 for BEST EVERYDAY restaurant. With a wide selection of gastro pub food pushing the envelope towards fine dining since the iconic Main Line family eatery remodeled, there is simply too much not to like. From the staples like Alligator Tacos and Bacon Mac n Cheese - the starters are simply AWESOME. They have a fine selection of craft and specialty beers both from the bottle and the tap. Only way to describe the ribs and the burgers is decadent. Top notch eatery with so many choices, you'll need and enjoy several visits to sample the delights of the entire menu.Special Features:
- Great food, bar could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Loved the food but the outdoor bar needs to improve with the liquor it stocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 74 reviews are from the Gullifty's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Food Horrendous ServiceartistchrisbDined on 7/5/2014I made a reservation for my partner and I requesting outdoor dining, but when I arrived the indoor hostess rudely directed me to the outdoor hostess instead. When we got outside, none of the servers passing by, nor did the hostess acknowledged that we were even standing there. When she finally came up, I mentioned that I had made a reservation. She casually looked around and saw a table for two covered in dirty napkins and glasses saying, "Oh, we could clean that table off." After we got our meals, we had to flag someone down because we didn't have silverware or napkins. Our server took over 20 minutes to bring our check because she was texting. Needless to say, we will not be returning and it's a shame because the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great FoodYummyTummyDined on 6/15/2014I have been here a few times, and each experience has been delicious! This place is and will remain one of my top choices to dine, for lunch and dinner..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mixed BagPaulDined on 6/15/2014As usual the food was reliable if unspectacular but once seated, we waited for 10 minutes for a server to come by before realizing we had been seated at a booth to which no one had been assigned. This simply doesn't happen at a competently-run restaurant. Once a server was assigned, he was courteous and efficient but when we left, the host and hostess at the front desk were so busy joking with each other that they couldn't possibly have been attending to business.Special Features:
- An old favorite, made upscaleBabka91Dined on 6/7/2014Gullifty's was my favorite restaurant growing up. Unfortunately it was renovated and now it's trying to be a fancier restaurant. The food was fine, but not really worth the prices they charged. It was also VERY loud in there which made it harder to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So noisy it hurtEat2LiveVIPDined on 6/7/2014I would recommend Gullifty's on the condition that the person didn't want to tap to anyone and wouldn't mind wearing ear plugs while dining. The noise level was so high it hurt my ears. I couldn't hear our waiter. I had to shout for him to hear me. This really detracted from the enjoyment of eating. The food here is extremely good but the noise level makes you forget that. Please do something! Even outside was screaming loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2014We went to the restaurant for a birthday party. There were seven of us. The waitress was very nice and friendly, and very accommodating. I recommend this place. Great food.Special Features:
- Under staffed and subpar serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/12/2014This visit was not worth the $85 I spent. Out waitress did the least amount if work possible for my table that a sever could do. I had to ask for everything ie silverware, napkibs, drink refills and I was about to go to the bar to get some napkins to wipe up the glass of wine that was knocked over 10 minutes prior and we didn't get any napkins yet, nor did any of the other else ask or bring anything to clean up the 3/4 glass of wine in the floor and table. Our waitress finally had someone else clean it and asked if we wanted another glass. 25 minutes later and no glass of wine, 3/4 of our meals eaten(brought out by someone else) was I finally able to flag her down and cancel the glass of wine. She gave a very unconvincing "oh I'm so sorry"I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty decent placepyk83Dined on 4/12/2014We were seated outdoors, which was nice. However, the service wasn't the best. They were packed indoors, and our waiter was definitely struggling to get all of his parties taken care of--they definitely needed more servers. Food was decent and the beer menu was pretty extensive with lots of microbrew beers. This is good for coming with friends.Special Features:
- The server was sweet but toompwalkergirlDined on 4/9/2014The server was sweet but too busy to manage the table well. Kitchen was slow Under renovation so the ambiance should improve. Spent many a happy hour at Gullifty's when a Nova' student on the 80's. Hope it can recapture glory days ehen renovation is done. Also, way overpriced for salads and fajitas...Special Features:
- Terrible experienceBrynMawrDinerVIPDined on 3/29/2014Have no words - waiter ruined our evening with a bad attitude. Food was average, it was loud and staff was overwhelmed. Thought we might find a nice place to go with kids/family, but will not be back.
- Good, but so noisy!LWeig518VIPDined on 3/28/2014My husband and I have been to Gullifty's quite a few times and have enjoyed our food and service each time. This night was no different in that respect; however, the noise level from the over-crowded bar was almost too much to handle. I had to shout so my husband and waiter could hear me, and the woman at the table next to ours had to do the same thing. I have no complaints about the food or service, but it would be nice if there were something to block some of the noise from the bar from drifting into the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experience but noisyHdpenn730Dined on 3/28/2014I really enjoyed my food and drinks. Our waiter was nothing but nice, quick to help us, and willing to answer our menu questions. The noise of the restaurant was a little hard to have a nice conversation but I would still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BooPennmomDined on 3/23/2014Not kid friendly. Service was terrible. Food was fine at best. But, at least it wasn't cheap.
- Good food, service at Gullifty'sPhilamaxVIPDined on 3/22/2014We have dined here many times and always find that they have good food and attentive service. This was no exception. And if you're looking for a quick meal, we were finished in an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehJanelleSVIPDined on 3/21/2014If you are in the mood for bar atmosphere with fine dining prices and fast food service this is your place. This was our second visit with the same server both times (Lamont). He was better this time but still slow and not overly attentive. We had no silver ware when our entrees arrived and had to ask for refills if we saw him. The food has potential but nothing to go out of the way for.
- Food selection and qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2014Food selection and quality is very decent, but the noise level is deafening! Seems that the relatively recent interior redesign has made the acoustics even worse than they were before, unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been bad...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014We arrived a little early for our reservation. Thank goodness, We were not on the list as having a reservation. Of course I showed them the confirmation from Open Table. This is a very busy restaurant. They did not have room for us in the restaurant area, but placed us in a booth in the bar area. It actually worked out well for the three of us. This issue was handled professionally. They did everything they could to make us comfortable. We enjoy going there because of the staff and food. We were more than satisfied with the way they handled lack of a reservation coming through on Open Table.Special Features:
- Decent food, noisyDhvhDined on 3/15/2014If you want to have a quiet, serious discussion, this is not the place for that. If you want decent food, cocktails, and watch tv, yes, this is your go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Gulliftys is outstandinJenniferDined on 3/14/2014The food at Gulliftys is outstanding, but for the second time (in a row), with two different waitstaff, my credit card was charged incorrectly, voided and recharged. This leaves a transaction on hold for up to 5 business days, I did not authorize a second swipe of my card, regardless of server error and the incorrect transaction being voided, to just swipe the card a second time without my authorization is unacceptable to me. Because of the food, I will return, but will pay cash in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popped in for a business dinnerJB22VIPDined on 3/10/2014Was there on a Monday and was surprised at the crowd for a typical off night for restaurants ... found a perky young hostess who seated us immediately and watched as the restaurant quickly filled with patrons. 3 hungry businessmen were impressed with the beer options (They serve Chimay!) and the dinner options - opting not to go gastro pub food but with full course dinners. The short rib and the crab cakes were awesome, and we split some appetizers that arrived promptly. Will definitely go back and sample some of the "fun bar food" and sandwiches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodAnnieGVIPDined on 2/23/2014A last minute decision to eat out after an 8-hour car ride; tired but hungry. Service was prompt and very good throughout the meal. I heard some were unhappy since they ran out of Bud Light, but we hate the stuff so didn't care. Calamari was gone for the night, too, which had us a little sad. Braised short ribs were very good. Scottish salmon was slightly dry but very tasty. Broccoli steamed just right. We like the menu variety and always have a good meal.Special Features:
- Waitress/great. Hostess was rudevinceVIPDined on 1/26/2014I asked the hostess for something and she just turned her head and walked away Very rude and they have lost a good customer. I will go to Kelly' s or the Grog just down the street
- Great foodJanineDined on 1/22/2014I had the crab cake sandwich and it was great.! Lots of flavor and little filling mostly crab meat. Staff was very attentive and service was quick.Special Features: