1536 S Waccamaw Dr
Garden City, SC 29576Neighborhood:
Garden City/Murrells Inlet
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gulfstreamcafe.com/
- Phone: (843) 651-8808
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4pm - 10:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday:10:00am -2:30pm;
Sunday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wine Bar, Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Authentic, big flavors from the South are available including appetizers like N'awlins Shrimp and Grits and large party favorites like Low Country Seafood Boils and freshly steamed Oyster Roasts.
Delivered direct to your home with an optional full service staff for any order, small or large. Convenient same day ordering available.
- Private Party Facilities: Gulfstream Cafe’s Sunset Deck is as unique as the restaurant itself. With romantic views of the sunset, its own entrance and bar– it’s like having a small restaurant reserved just for you and your guests.
The deck and bar can accommodate up to 80 guests for a seated event or up to 100 for a cocktail reception. Our main dining room can also be reserved for larger private events.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Kirk 8436518808x
- Entertainment: Seasonal live entertainment on the Sunset Deck.
A word from Gulfstream Cafe
Voted “best restaurant with a view” & “most romantic” by The Sun News. Watch the sun set from the upstairs deck and savor the creamy She-Crab soup, jumbo lump Crab Cakes or Southern favorite, fried Lobster Tail. Offering seasonal Oyster Roasts, Sunday brunch and offsite catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Gulfstream Cafe - Best Restaurants in Garden City/Murrells Inlet ›
Gulfstream Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (100)great for outdoor dining (56)special occasion (54)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (31)great for brunch (25)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (10)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Unique experiencejrwtDined on 11/11/2014Good food in a seaside, open resort setting with excellent service. Interesting menu with something for all. This is a must restaurant during your visit to the Grand Strand areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always - OutstandingRonBDined on 11/11/2014Gulfstream Café is, and always has been, a singular dining experience. Food is consistently excellent. We were there for Gulfstream's annual Veteran's Day recognition, which also generates several return visits throughout the year. Party consisted of myself (Vietnam), wife and wife's uncle (WW II). Shrimp cocktail and Calamari appetizers were perfectly prepared, Unk and I had broiled lobster tail with crabmeat stuffing - mouth-watering. Wife had She Crab soup (which she raved about) and King Crab Legs which slid right out of the shell, a sign of freshness and proper preparation. Portions are more than adequate. Our server, Kenzi, was top notch, professional, personable, knowledgeable and, considering the full house, attentive. A great timeSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceksstizmeDined on 11/11/2014We have dined here often. We went for Veteran's appreciation night on Veteran's Day and appreciate what they do for us. The food is always super and the staff go above and beyond with their service.Special Features:
- great food for yearsPeppieDined on 11/9/2014Foof was good as prior years. Service not as good as prior visits. very nice view of inlet and sunset always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner againinletguy08Dined on 11/6/2014Gulfstream is one of the best restaurants on the South End. The small menu offers many great choices,and what is offered is always done perfectly. Very nice wine list!The best sunset view in the Inlet.The service is always professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindfoodiesDined on 11/5/2014We returned to Gulfstream Café on a recent trip to the Coast. We found it a great neighborhood place in Garden City, SC. We missed the popular Early Bird dining by a half hour (no reservations available). The meal and service were very good but we'd recommend trying for the Early Bird for a better deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewtoMBNewtoMBDined on 11/1/2014The Gulfstream Café had excellent food. My steak was done to perfection. The rest of my party had fish and every plate was empty and the portions were ample. The atmosphere of the restaurant was wonderful. Unfortunately it was cold and rainy so no sunset, but you can envision how glorious it must be in clear weather. The view is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceMovinSouthsoonDined on 10/31/2014Great food, service and excellent view of the marsh. Prices on the higher end. Not somewhere to take the kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the Drive!GailSDined on 10/30/2014The Gulfstream Cafe was well worth our drive from Myrtle a Beach. We might have enjoyed our dinner outside, but discovered that was a smoking area. We were happy to be seated at a table inside where we could enjoy the spectacular sunset. The She Crab soup was one of the best I've tasted in many years, and the Crab Cakes were loaded with succulent lump crab meat. My husband had the grouper - three large grouper medallions flash fried with a very light batter - moist and fresh! We would definitely recommend this restaurant and return when we are nearby in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 52 Years Celebration52YearscelebrationDined on 10/27/2014Went to celebrate our 52nd year anniversary and was totally pleased. The food was great, the service was very pleasant and timely. The view from out table was excellent. We will return. We were also told about the Happy Hour/ Early Bird special fro 12.95.Special Features:
- MENU IS OUTDATEDupsetDined on 10/26/2014We experienced our FIRST bad visit by going to the SUNSET menu. We got there only to be told we could not enjoy that menu because it cut off 15 minutes before we arrived. There is NO place on ANY menu or WEBSITE that has a cut off time to enjoy the special menu. We discussed it with the manager but he didn't seem to care. He actually acted like he was "feeling sorry" for himself that we suggested he change the time and was bothered by us asking for him. The table behind us was much smarter than ours. They were told the same thing AFTER ordering their drinks. They paid for the drinks and left. We didn't think to do that..................We've enjoyed many meals there but this last incident has left a VERY bad taste in our mouth.Special Features:
- Excellent !!!LayleaderDined on 10/26/2014We visit each time we come to the beach.. We love the Sunday brunch and we always invite friends to come along. Great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly, as always.happyatthebeachDined on 10/26/2014Sunday brunch at Gulfstream is always wonderful. It's an awesome deal at $12.95 pp. The food is phenomenal, atmosphere and view unmatched and service great.Special Features:
- Worth the driveSeafoodguyVIPDined on 10/23/2014Drove from North a myrtle Beach to get to the Gulfstream Cafe. Beautiful location, though they could spruce up the interior a bit. Food and service were exceptional.Special Features:
- Great ViewBlutoDined on 10/19/2014One of the best views around the area. Food was decent.Special Features:
- Good View..Good FoodRichardDined on 10/19/2014I look forward to coming to Gulfstream Café because I know I will receive excellent service and close attention to my requests. This restaurant is a nice difference to the norm in Myrtle Beach. The food is superb and cooked from scratch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful EveningTheEggDined on 10/17/2014The best crab cakes, ever! Both meals were excellent. The sides were amazing - green beans cooked perfectly, wonderful mashed potatoes, and amazing hush puppies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCorvetteSteveDined on 10/16/2014This place is wonderful! 😃 Great food beautiful sunsets superb location. Crab cakes are killer!! You can't go wrong dining here! Give it a try! We are sure glad we did and will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John57Dined on 10/13/2014Wow what a beautiful place to view a sunset. Food was very good and service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good, seaside restaurantjvmoorescDined on 10/12/2014Ate there on a Sunday recently after the season so last-minute booking was not an issue. Originally were to be a party of 8 and they didn't flinch when I called to tell them we'd be 1/2 hr late, so they're used to large parties. Food was decent. Bread was served warm with lots of good butter. The fried fish platter was excellent - cooked perfectly. She-crab soup was...meh. Thick and floury. Our server was outstanding. Sorry I don't remember her name. All in all, it's a nice place and if you're looking for typical seaside fare you won't be disappointed. Only caveat is it's a bit pricy with the average entree around $21.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gulfstream CafeLuvfoodDined on 10/12/2014Great Sunday brunch. It has both breakfast and lunch items plus omelettes to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Good food, great view, good service. The only real negative - the dark haired hostess needs to learn to smile occasionally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ViewsstewieDined on 10/11/2014This was my second time dining at Gulfstream and I absolutely love it. At sunset, the views are to die for. the food and service are excellent. The first time we went we sat outside in the summer and it was fabulous. This time we set inside and the views were equally as good. Both times I did make reservations with a special request.Special Features:
- Highly recommend!LuLuDined on 10/11/2014Gulfstream Cafe at Garden City is a casual but elegant restaurant with a spectacular view of the sunset over the coastal SC marshes. Our food was delicious and our server was attentive without being intrusive. I like that I was able to make a reservation for dinner. Most restaurants in this area do not take reservations and wait times can be excessive, depending on the time of year.Special Features:
- Perfect choiceBrenDined on 10/10/2014We saved Gulfstream for our last night of vacation. Several had recommended it, do make a reservation, especially in season. We sipped a beverage and watched the sunset from the top deck, then elected to dine inside. My husband had the talapia chipotle, garlic mashed potatos and creamed spinach. It was excellent. I had the grouper francaise, could eat it everyday. Delicious with a light citrus sauce. The green beans and baked potato were just okay. Ambiance is great, cozy but not too close to other tables. The waiters hustle, food is Hot(perfect), and you'll want to linger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasurable Dining ExperienceLuv2eatDined on 10/8/2014This is our second time dining here and the food, service, ambiance and scenery are excellent. I was a bit disappointed when we had to wait for an outdoor table as I had called upon receiving my confirmation and specified that we wanted an outdoor table as we were celebrating a very important event. We were, after a wait, seated at an outdoor table and it was very nice of management to provide us with gratuitous dessert. We will certainly recommend this restaurant to others and will be dining at Gulfstream in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chev390Dined on 10/7/2014The best steak I have had in years. Service was great. I highly recommend this restaurant .Special Features:
- happybeachcouplehappybeachcoupleDined on 10/6/2014Since we discovered Gulf Stream about a year ago, it still remains our favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodonvacationDined on 10/5/2014The food was great here. They agreed to fix a menu item I had wanted to try, even though it was only available on their lunch menu and it was now dinner time. The view was nice and the server friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Fantastic spot for brunch with a fun make your own bloody mary station. Love the omelets.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal and good service.fredcoatesDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed salmon, seafood stew, a seafood platter and chicken, plus key lime pie and pecan pies. Tasty meal well served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014I was a little disappointed with the entire experience. Service was slow, but the waiter was running his legs off, so I think he had too many tables to care for. Also, he seemed almost short with us at times, not very friendly. The food was very good. My steak was okay, but not exceptional. Two of my friends got the crab cakes and they said they were the best they ever had. Overall it was good, but I guess I was expecting more.Special Features:
- Gluten allergy be carefulslakfacDined on 10/2/2014Beautiful reastaurant and presentation/atmosphere for a chain restaurant. However, ciliacs or gluten free people be careful, be sure to ask your server what's in your dish. Gluten items not listed, very minimal descriptions on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewMIresidentDined on 10/1/2014Great view of marsh and sunset. Terrific food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view so-so foodIlvfoodDined on 9/30/2014We ate on the deck at sunset and it was spectacular. Taylor our server was fantastic - attentive without being obtrusive. I got lobster tail which I enjoy cooked properly but mine was raw on the underside. My husbands steak which he ordered medium rare was overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calm, efficient, tasty.LodydoeDined on 9/27/2014I enjoyed our night at Gulfstream Cafe - it was the place to be for the locals! It was also a great place with a small menu (less selection, easier choice!). Beautiful place with a great view. The price was nice for the food to get, and it has a little bit of everything, even for those who do not like seafood. Would recommend, and look forward to going back when I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendationsFood4thoughtDined on 9/27/2014Following the server's lead we got a divine dinner that left us very happy with the choices.Special Features:
- TeresaDined on 9/26/2014Loved this restaurant and would recommended it to anybody who loves seafood.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableluvgoodfoodDined on 9/26/2014My group of 6 ladies made a reservation for Friday night at 7:15. Got to restaurant at 7:00 and our table was ready at 7:15. Food was excellent (some had steak and some had seafood) and service was excellent as well. The only problem was when we got to the restaurant we went to bar area to get a drink and it was packed with only 1 bartender working. Took a while to get waited on.Special Features:
- Birthday at BeachMikeDined on 9/26/2014Very nice dinner Great service (Melissa was our server). Slight issue with initial reservation (got seated at a table outside where it was clearly too windy to dine), but it was resolved within 10 - 15 minutes.Special Features: