1536 S Waccamaw Dr
Garden City, SC 29576Neighborhood:
Garden City/Murrells Inlet
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gulfstreamcafe.com/
- Phone: 8436518808
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday:10:00am -2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wine Bar, Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Authentic, big flavors from the South are available including appetizers like N'awlins Shrimp and Grits and large party favorites like Low Country Seafood Boils and freshly steamed Oyster Roasts.
Delivered direct to your home with an optional full service staff for any order, small or large. Convenient same day ordering available.
- Private Party Facilities: Gulfstream Cafe’s Sunset Deck is as unique as the restaurant itself. With romantic views of the sunset, its own entrance and bar– it’s like having a small restaurant reserved just for you and your guests.
The deck and bar can accommodate up to 80 guests for a seated event or up to 100 for a cocktail reception. Our main dining room can also be reserved for larger private events.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Kirk 8436518808
- Entertainment: Seasonal live entertainment on the Sunset Deck.
A word from Gulfstream Cafe
Voted “best restaurant with a view” & “most romantic” by The Sun News. Watch the sun set from the upstairs deck and savor the creamy She-Crab soup, jumbo lump Crab Cakes or Southern favorite, fried Lobster Tail. Offering seasonal Oyster Roasts, Sunday brunch and offsite catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Gulfstream Cafe - Best Restaurants in Garden City/Murrells Inlet ›
Gulfstream Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (141)great for outdoor dining (88)special occasion (63)romantic (57)neighborhood gem (53)good for groups (41)great for brunch (41)kid-friendly (30)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (10)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Our waiter was not very attentive- We are a regular customer & are used to good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal FavoriteFoodIsLoveDined on 8/22/2014My first visit to Gulfstream Cafe was on a recommendation from the manager of the Holiday Inn where my husband and I were staying. It was a horrible night with torrential downpours. The horrible weather prevented us from enjoying the wonderful view overlooking the water. However the menu offered just what we needed, some comfort food in the form of She-crab soup with a shot of sherry. In addition, the manager Tim made us feel welcome and came by our table a couple of times to make sure that our meal was fine. We have since purchased a home in Myrtle Beach and make sure to take our guests to Gulfstream for dinner. I plan to book my Thanksgiving reservations ASAP, since they fill up fast. We love everything about this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A/C needs upgradejohnnotlessDined on 8/22/2014On a hot summer night, the restaurant was entirely too warm. Thermostats showed the temps inside to be well into the 80's, making for an ncomfortable dining experience. A shame, because the food was quite tasty and the views beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsHalo4meeDined on 8/22/2014So many places at the beach don't even approach reservations. I commend the Gulfstream for tackling the eager tourist and our appetites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so niceTable42Dined on 8/22/2014We were seated next to a window, as we had requested, to view the setting sun on our 44th wedding anniversary. Two tables away was a screaming child, the waiter seemed to forget we were there and the room was not a comfortable temperature. I asked for mustard with my crab cakes, that never came. The French Fries were uneventful as was the rest of the options. I must say, the crab cakes were much better than any others I've had in SC, not that they were great, just better. In all, not a memorable meal. Aren't you sorry you asked.
- It came highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014GulfStream Cafe did not disappoint, it met and exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantMikeDined on 8/17/2014I Have been going here for years. Even though the menu is limited, there are some great dishes to enjoy . My favorite is grouper francais. It is outstanding . They also have fish specials that are good . If fried seafood is your desire, they have it also. Lobster tails are great . The steaks are also good . We always get appetizers and the firecracker prawns are outstanding . Service was great and is always good. Food comes out at the right pace. They also take reservations so I rarely ever wait at all. It is just my favorite place and close to my home in Surfside Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChoiceDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I dined for the first time at the Gulfstream Cafe and we were very pleased. The menu is limited; however, there were plenty of choices for all pallets. Everything was hot, served together, and delicous. We will definately be back.Special Features:
- Lovely Sunset Viewhbj654Dined on 8/16/2014Great view and excellent Mahi Mahi. We couldn't believe we were able to get a table with an hours notice on a Saturday night! At 7:45. This place is a little off the beaten path and I believe a good many people have no idea it is there. The food was excellent, and the sunset view was gorgeous..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsfoodyummDined on 8/13/2014Gulfstream Cafe never disappoints. Their food is delicious, atmosphere great, and servers who know their stuff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu is great!MlRey2013Dined on 8/10/2014We liked our meals, but the Grouper Francaise was not very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've had on the beachPittsburgh724Dined on 8/10/2014Great food. Very well prepared fish, sizeable portions, awesome dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014I thought good soup lobster over done and tuff. I brought my sister there for her Birthday and for amount of money I spend Birthday dessert on the house would have been nice.
- Disappointed this timeChessie237Dined on 8/7/2014After several 5 star visits, this visit was disappointing and embarrassing. We had 8:00 reservations but weren't seated until 9. Our table was pointed out to us and we were told the guests had paid and we were just waiting for them to leave. It was perfectly placed in the center of the restaurant. When the guests left, our table was given to another party and we were told they were seating us in a more suitable spot. We had to wait an additional 5-10 minutes for a table facing the window into the wait and dish washing station. We had highly praised your restaurant and assured our party that the food and view were worth the hour drive that it required. While our food was amazing, our seating, even with a reservation, was anything but.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a DissapointmentbeachbumDined on 8/7/2014We made reservations for 7pm and were sat on time. We wanted a window table but none were available, which is understandable because there are not many. The server was Jason and he was excellent, very knowledgable. Food was great and we are already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here years ago and were eager to return. We weren't disappointed. Our server was fantastic and the food was delicious. I had the crab cakes and my wife had the daily special (tilapia). If you choose to sit outside, be careful of the time of day--at sunset some tables are directly facing the hot setting sun.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014food and service excellent. view outstanding. we were seated 30 minutes after our reservation, which I thought slow as we had little children and the hour was lateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gulfstream CafeSesrunDined on 8/3/2014Food was great, service was good, but the house drinks lacked flavor. Simple drinks were good after we reverted to them. The restaurant also was lacking in scotch and burbon selection. Overall it was not to bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist venueLaComelonaDined on 8/1/2014Focus is fast unremarkable food. Our table's prior occupants left mounds of saltines all over floor-very unpleasant. Crab cakes where pedestrian & not served hot. The creamed spinach was made from frozen greens. Green beans fresh but poorly seasoned. Wine list grocery store quality. Server unscrewed the cap and pored the entire bottle out into our 4 wine glasses. Very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Good food / serviceGood2foodDined on 7/31/2014The food was good and service was good, just had a lot of noises going on with other people in the restaurant where we was seatedSpecial Features:
- Delicious Dinner at GulfsteamGoodToEatDined on 7/31/2014Haven't been here for a couple of years but just as good as I remember it. Service was great. Food delicious and the view spectacular. Best part is they take reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GulfStreamDined on 7/30/2014Food was great but the portions were small. Service was excellent. We had reservation for 6pm and was seated within a few minutes of the reservation time. Would recommend the restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Great FindFinderKeeperDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at Gulfstream Cafe. Our server was terrific, his name was Michael (from NJ). He was very gracious and a pleasure to talk to. But the FOOD! Oh my goodness, it was absolutely the best seafood we've ever had - and believe me - we have tried PLENTY. The menu is limited, but only because what they serve is very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TypicalfamilyDined on 7/28/2014We sat outside. It was a very pleasant evening (although a storm was rolling in just as we were leaving.) At first sight, the menu seemed very small and limited, but all three of us decided on our entrees. The food was VERY good. I had the seafood platter, my son had the flounder, and my husband had the steak. The restaurant is off the beaten path unless you are staying on that end of Garden City, but is well worth the drive. LOVE the fact that they take reservations, although we didn't need one as there were empty tables. Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Beautiful viewschsfoodieVIPDined on 7/28/2014The views of the marsh and inlet are stunning. Don't miss coming here at least for a drink and app if you're in the area. The menu is pretty limited - the whole thing fits on one page - but there's something for everyone. The oysters Rockafeller had way to much cheese for my taste - it completely buried the oysters and you couldn't taste anything but the cheese. Some people in our party loved them though! The house salads were a hit with everyone. I would definitely recommend the crab cakes (all crab - no breaking or fillers) and the fried flounder. The portions were huge - everyone had leftovers. The fried lobster tail did not get as good marks - I was told it was flavorless and rubbery and the portion was small. All in all very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday MorninghappybeachcoupleDined on 7/27/2014Wonderful experience as always, continues to be our favorite place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winesbydmacDined on 7/26/2014The menu was far too short for making good choices. Everything was on 1 page 8 1/2X11. We are permanent residents here in MB and found this to be a major deterrent to coming back.Special Features:
- servicelawmanDined on 7/26/2014Four of us had dinner here, food was very good, waitress was very nice, but very busy, we had to ask for drink refills, nice view from our table, couple large groups near our table, little noisy, maybe tables need to be re-organized to separate large groups from the couples or 3 and 4 people tables, over all everything was good, will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Have had dinner there many times, love it. This was the first time we brought grandchildren with is and was very pleased with the children's menu .nice selection and good portions and good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not nice & cozyJeffDined on 7/25/2014Beautiful back view of the inlet. Service was a bit slow and the food seemed a bit overcooked.Special Features:
- GinnyDined on 7/25/2014Eat here every time we are at the beach-service & food always consistently good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing! A must see!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2014We had an amazing meal and would highly recommend the food and the experience to anyone visiting Myrtle Beach!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic viewBeakerChiDined on 7/22/2014Wife liked the Chicken Parmigiana. I loved the Salmon, Potato, and Green Beans. Hostess was not particularly helpful; waiter was okay. View was very nice. We do plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeezieDined on 7/21/2014Had Seafood Ciopponi. Sauce was good but that's about it. Seafood, clams and mussels were very, very small, fish was overlooked and overall a bad choice on my part. Will not go back.Special Features:
- excellent dinner spotJohnDined on 7/20/2014View of the marsh area was great. We didn't stay for the sunset, but we imagine it would be a spectacular view of it from the outdoor patio. We loved that the menu didn't have too many items and the pricing was at the upper end of reasonable for a resort area such as myrtle beach. The waiter made the dinner great. It was a little muggy but a tiny breeze made it bearable. All in all a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceluv2eatDined on 7/18/2014A somewhat secret restaurant that is worth checking out. The service was great and food was outstanding! ! I highly recommend the grouper! It was the best I have had anywhere. I recommend this restaurant for the view and quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once a year visitKateDined on 7/17/2014Our family makes a visit to this restaurant every year. They never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gulf Stream Does it Again!DiningdivasDined on 7/15/2014Gulf Stream has been a favorite of our family for years and it continues to be one of our top three in the area. We love the sunset views, the delicious food and excellent service. From seafood to steaks you can't go wrong. Gulf Stream has never disappointed us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunset dinnerPamRVIPDined on 7/14/2014Another wonderful dinner and sunset view. My date had the special - yellow fin tuna blackened (rare to perfection!). I had the Nawlins Shrimp appetizer which is the best shrimp and grit cake in town. The crusted baked potato and fresh green beans accompaniments were tasty and plentiful. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food with a ViewTriplestangDined on 7/14/2014Food is always wonderful!!!! Love the views of the inlet, and sunsets are amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.