1536 S Waccamaw Dr
Garden City, SC 29576Neighborhood:
Garden City/Murrells Inlet
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gulfstreamcafe.com/
- Phone: 8436518808
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday:10:00am -2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wine Bar, Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Authentic, big flavors from the South are available including appetizers like N'awlins Shrimp and Grits and large party favorites like Low Country Seafood Boils and freshly steamed Oyster Roasts.
Delivered direct to your home with an optional full service staff for any order, small or large. Convenient same day ordering available.
- Private Party Facilities: Gulfstream Cafe’s Sunset Deck is as unique as the restaurant itself. With romantic views of the sunset, its own entrance and bar– it’s like having a small restaurant reserved just for you and your guests.
The deck and bar can accommodate up to 80 guests for a seated event or up to 100 for a cocktail reception. Our main dining room can also be reserved for larger private events.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Kirk 8436518808
- Entertainment: Seasonal live entertainment on the Sunset Deck.
A word from Gulfstream Cafe
Voted “best restaurant with a view” & “most romantic” by The Sun News. Watch the sun set from the upstairs deck and savor the creamy She-Crab soup, jumbo lump Crab Cakes or Southern favorite, fried Lobster Tail. Offering seasonal Oyster Roasts, Sunday brunch and offsite catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Gulfstream Cafe - Best Restaurants in Garden City/Murrells Inlet ›
Gulfstream Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (140)great for outdoor dining (76)special occasion (68)romantic (60)neighborhood gem (55)good for groups (46)great for brunch (35)kid-friendly (28)fit for foodies (27)hot spot (9)great for lunch (8)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Calm, efficient, tasty.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I enjoyed our night at Gulfstream Cafe - it was the place to be for the locals! It was also a great place with a small menu (less selection, easier choice!). Beautiful place with a great view. The price was nice for the food to get, and it has a little bit of everything, even for those who do not like seafood. Would recommend, and look forward to going back when I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Following the server's lead we got a divine dinner that left us very happy with the choices.Special Features:
- TeresaDined on 9/26/2014Loved this restaurant and would recommended it to anybody who loves seafood.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableluvgoodfoodDined on 9/26/2014My group of 6 ladies made a reservation for Friday night at 7:15. Got to restaurant at 7:00 and our table was ready at 7:15. Food was excellent (some had steak and some had seafood) and service was excellent as well. The only problem was when we got to the restaurant we went to bar area to get a drink and it was packed with only 1 bartender working. Took a while to get waited on.Special Features:
- Birthday at BeachMikeDined on 9/26/2014Very nice dinner Great service (Melissa was our server). Slight issue with initial reservation (got seated at a table outside where it was clearly too windy to dine), but it was resolved within 10 - 15 minutes.Special Features:
- Always greatWWC78VIPDined on 9/19/2014We've been going to gulfstream for at least 12 years and it's always great. Try the nawlins shrimp. Just the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view was amazing!RmdawkinsDined on 9/19/2014The food was even better! I recommend the crab legs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarioDined on 9/18/2014MY wife and I have been to this restaurant every year, when we were on vacation, for the past 5 years. Food menu choices have been cut back and is limited. The location is great and would of been wonderful except for screaming children not under the control of their parents. Our reservations were for 7. So if you want to enjoy this place I suggest you have reservations after 8 and maybe you will not have screaming children to listen too.Special Features:
- waitressjusthonestDined on 9/16/2014I would have given the Gulfstream cafe A 5 overall rating. Our waitress was not on her game. Never did we get asked for a refill on our drinks nor filled our water glasses back up. Have eaten here before and service was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodPamRVIPDined on 9/14/2014Eight of us had dinner to celebrate a birthday. I had the salmon with portabello mushrooms with a baked potato and fresh green beans as my sides. My friend had the Grouper Francaise with a baked potato and beans. Both were cooked to perfection and very tasty. The others in our group enjoyed their meals also. We had a nice view of the inlet and the service was great. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Always Great!YumyumDined on 9/12/2014Love going to Gulfstream! We try to go every time we are in the area. Love the she-crab bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingDillardDined on 9/12/2014I have been coming to the Gulfstream every year on vacation for the better part of 30 years. It is my favorite restaurant, the best views, food is amazing, and I've never had bad service. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still excellentDennisk51VIPDined on 9/7/2014This was our second visit to Gulfstream Cafe. I think we will leave it as a 'must do' everytime we go to Myrtle Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itdwaters59Dined on 9/7/2014Been there numerous times and it never disappoints. I always get the Grouper Francaise. My wife had the Mahi Mahi but usually the lump crab cakes. We follow it with coffee and cheese cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McDermottDined on 9/6/2014We have been dining at Gulfstream Cafe for many years on our anniversary. I must say that this year we were very disappointed. The service was at best annoying. Our waiter kept calling all the female patrons "hon". This is 2014 for goodness sake. I don't know many women that are ok with that. He was extremely rushed and therefore made our visit seem rushed and not relaxing at all. He was sweating profusely and just not pleasant. The food compared to years past was not up to par either. After this experience, we will think twice next year about where we spend our special night. Very disappointed!!Special Features:
- Great food, but…..4greatdiningDined on 8/31/2014Our food was hot, delicious and the portions were adequate and very well prepared--Mahi blackened with vegetables, NY Strip with mashed potatoes and spinach; fried shrimp, baked potato and hushpuppies, a bottle of wine and ice tea. Salads were an additional charge, but well worth the amount paid. Our table was adjacent to the windows with a beautiful view of Murrells Inlet, where a fireworks display was in progress. The prices were very reasonable. Of concern--reservation times were unreliable--25 minutes late. Regrettably, the menu is extremely limited and the main courses were served much too quickly, as we had not completed our salads. (personal pet peeve).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceMBgolferVIPDined on 8/31/2014Visited Gulfstream Cafe and it was probably the worst experience I have ever encountered before in a restaurant. The waiter came over after ten minutes to say he would be right back and when he did come back his first comments were "I'm so tired, I've been here since 7 this morning." Not a good sign! When he finally took our order, I ordered a NY Strip and he brought me a Filet, and said it was his fault, sorry and then amazingly walked away. I was stunned! I asked him to come back and he said "what do you need?" I said I would like what I ordered. By this time I had had his attitude and he said it would take awhile. When he finally brought my steak he said I think this is a NY Strip with an attitude. Then he charged me for a filet!Special Features:
- Very busy, still good, but...Satori84Dined on 8/31/2014I live nearby and have been dining at Gulfstream Cafe for a very long time. It is one of my top 5 restaurants in the greater Myrtle Beach area. I normally won't go there between Memorial Day and Labor Day however because it is TOO popular with tourists, and the service and food suffer a bit. Because it was a special occasion, I made an exception and reserved a table for Sunday evening during Labor Day weekend. Unlike past experiences, they did not honor my request for a window table, did not offer the usual glass of sparkling wine for the occasion, and seated us 25 minutes after our reservation. They were slammed with walk-ins, so these gaffes are forgivable if disappointing, but I will not go again during summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor serviceTravelerVIPDined on 8/31/2014It took 30 minutes before we got water and drinks. The food arrived in about an hour and we could not get ketchup until the meat and potatoes were cold. The side dishes were not what we ordered but we did not want to wait any longer for them to be replaced. It was a very bad experience except for the view. The worst part was that there was no soap in the men's room and when we told the receptionist she just laughed. This is unsanitary and should not be allowed in a restaurant bathroom.Special Features:
- Don't waste your timeMeterMan2VIPDined on 8/31/2014They have stripped the menu down to be a quick in and out restaurant that is designed to feed the masses. From the time we checked-in at the hostess stand they were trying to get us in and out to make room for the next party of 6. Food was also nothing to brag about.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2014Great Bruch, Great inlet views...we went on Sunday before Labor Day @ 10:30 the restaurant was packed (they open @ 10 am) the line for the buffet was long but move fairly quick. The only improvement they need to make is the cook to order egg station even thought the station had three pans going at all times they need another station. Once you got your buffet plate fixed then waited in line for eggs to be cook the only thing hot was the eggs by the time u returned to your table. But over all very good & worth the $12.95 priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great...service a little slow. Limited menuSpecial Features:
- Father of chef and food snobADMKDined on 8/30/2014The view of the inlet was spectacular.. The waiter was inexperienced. The fresh was was very fresh. Fried shrimp were good. Grouper was excellent. Scallops were very flavorful.Special Features:
- RolfDined on 8/30/2014Nice place between river and ocean, nice terrace unfortunately only for drinks, I travelled 20 miles from Myrtle but it was good. very friendly waitress, we had crab cake, Mahi Mahi and king crab, perfect, I can recoment itSpecial Features:
- Good food...great viewrchadDined on 8/29/2014We stay in Surfside so this place is very close by. The inlet view was very nice, which we could still see from our inside table. The other reviews were accurate. It is warm inside and service was slow, but the waitress was very attentive. She brought fresh bread which helped us pass the time. I had a mojitio which was ok. The wait for our food (30 min) was worth it, as it was the best meal we have had this week. I had the crab cakes which were mostly lump crab meat. My wife had the grouper which was excellent. My mother had the fried scallops which she said were the best scallops she has had in quite some time. It wasn't crowded when we left around 7, so you may want to try to go for a late dinner. The sunset would be amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A TraditionMidlicarolDined on 8/28/2014Always enjoy our dinner at this restaurant . We go every time we go to Garden City. Never a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed our visitfishermansgranddaughterDined on 8/27/2014Had dinner there last year too, but the flounder dinner this time was amazing, as were the steaks. The crab cakes were the absolute best. Look forward to coming again nest year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Our waiter was not very attentive- We are a regular customer & are used to good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal FavoriteFoodIsLoveDined on 8/22/2014My first visit to Gulfstream Cafe was on a recommendation from the manager of the Holiday Inn where my husband and I were staying. It was a horrible night with torrential downpours. The horrible weather prevented us from enjoying the wonderful view overlooking the water. However the menu offered just what we needed, some comfort food in the form of She-crab soup with a shot of sherry. In addition, the manager Tim made us feel welcome and came by our table a couple of times to make sure that our meal was fine. We have since purchased a home in Myrtle Beach and make sure to take our guests to Gulfstream for dinner. I plan to book my Thanksgiving reservations ASAP, since they fill up fast. We love everything about this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A/C needs upgradejohnnotlessDined on 8/22/2014On a hot summer night, the restaurant was entirely too warm. Thermostats showed the temps inside to be well into the 80's, making for an ncomfortable dining experience. A shame, because the food was quite tasty and the views beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsHalo4meeDined on 8/22/2014So many places at the beach don't even approach reservations. I commend the Gulfstream for tackling the eager tourist and our appetites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so niceTable42Dined on 8/22/2014We were seated next to a window, as we had requested, to view the setting sun on our 44th wedding anniversary. Two tables away was a screaming child, the waiter seemed to forget we were there and the room was not a comfortable temperature. I asked for mustard with my crab cakes, that never came. The French Fries were uneventful as was the rest of the options. I must say, the crab cakes were much better than any others I've had in SC, not that they were great, just better. In all, not a memorable meal. Aren't you sorry you asked.
- It came highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014GulfStream Cafe did not disappoint, it met and exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantMikeDined on 8/17/2014I Have been going here for years. Even though the menu is limited, there are some great dishes to enjoy . My favorite is grouper francais. It is outstanding . They also have fish specials that are good . If fried seafood is your desire, they have it also. Lobster tails are great . The steaks are also good . We always get appetizers and the firecracker prawns are outstanding . Service was great and is always good. Food comes out at the right pace. They also take reservations so I rarely ever wait at all. It is just my favorite place and close to my home in Surfside Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChoiceDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I dined for the first time at the Gulfstream Cafe and we were very pleased. The menu is limited; however, there were plenty of choices for all pallets. Everything was hot, served together, and delicous. We will definately be back.Special Features:
- Lovely Sunset Viewhbj654Dined on 8/16/2014Great view and excellent Mahi Mahi. We couldn't believe we were able to get a table with an hours notice on a Saturday night! At 7:45. This place is a little off the beaten path and I believe a good many people have no idea it is there. The food was excellent, and the sunset view was gorgeous..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsfoodyummDined on 8/13/2014Gulfstream Cafe never disappoints. Their food is delicious, atmosphere great, and servers who know their stuff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu is great!MlRey2013Dined on 8/10/2014We liked our meals, but the Grouper Francaise was not very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've had on the beachPittsburgh724Dined on 8/10/2014Great food. Very well prepared fish, sizeable portions, awesome dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014I thought good soup lobster over done and tuff. I brought my sister there for her Birthday and for amount of money I spend Birthday dessert on the house would have been nice.