1536 S Waccamaw Dr
Garden City, SC 29576Neighborhood:
Garden City/Murrells Inlet
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gulfstreamcafe.com/
- Phone: 8436518808
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday:10:00am -2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wine Bar, Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Authentic, big flavors from the South are available including appetizers like N'awlins Shrimp and Grits and large party favorites like Low Country Seafood Boils and freshly steamed Oyster Roasts.
Delivered direct to your home with an optional full service staff for any order, small or large. Convenient same day ordering available.
- Private Party Facilities: Gulfstream Cafe’s Sunset Deck is as unique as the restaurant itself. With romantic views of the sunset, its own entrance and bar– it’s like having a small restaurant reserved just for you and your guests.
The deck and bar can accommodate up to 80 guests for a seated event or up to 100 for a cocktail reception. Our main dining room can also be reserved for larger private events.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Kirk 8436518808
- Entertainment: Seasonal live entertainment on the Sunset Deck.
A word from Gulfstream Cafe
Voted “best restaurant with a view” & “most romantic” by The Sun News. Watch the sun set from the upstairs deck and savor the creamy She-Crab soup, jumbo lump Crab Cakes or Southern favorite, fried Lobster Tail. Offering seasonal Oyster Roasts, Sunday brunch and offsite catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Gulfstream Cafe - Best Restaurants in Garden City/Murrells Inlet ›
Gulfstream Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (126)great for outdoor dining (73)special occasion (70)romantic (62)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (31)great for brunch (27)kid-friendly (25)hot spot (11)great for lunch (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Beautiful EveningTheEggDined on 10/17/2014The best crab cakes, ever! Both meals were excellent. The sides were amazing - green beans cooked perfectly, wonderful mashed potatoes, and amazing hush puppies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCorvetteSteveDined on 10/16/2014This place is wonderful! 😃 Great food beautiful sunsets superb location. Crab cakes are killer!! You can't go wrong dining here! Give it a try! We are sure glad we did and will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John57Dined on 10/13/2014Wow what a beautiful place to view a sunset. Food was very good and service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good, seaside restaurantjvmoorescDined on 10/12/2014Ate there on a Sunday recently after the season so last-minute booking was not an issue. Originally were to be a party of 8 and they didn't flinch when I called to tell them we'd be 1/2 hr late, so they're used to large parties. Food was decent. Bread was served warm with lots of good butter. The fried fish platter was excellent - cooked perfectly. She-crab soup was...meh. Thick and floury. Our server was outstanding. Sorry I don't remember her name. All in all, it's a nice place and if you're looking for typical seaside fare you won't be disappointed. Only caveat is it's a bit pricy with the average entree around $21.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gulfstream CafeLuvfoodDined on 10/12/2014Great Sunday brunch. It has both breakfast and lunch items plus omelettes to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Good food, great view, good service. The only real negative - the dark haired hostess needs to learn to smile occasionally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ViewsstewieDined on 10/11/2014This was my second time dining at Gulfstream and I absolutely love it. At sunset, the views are to die for. the food and service are excellent. The first time we went we sat outside in the summer and it was fabulous. This time we set inside and the views were equally as good. Both times I did make reservations with a special request.Special Features:
- Highly recommend!LuLuDined on 10/11/2014Gulfstream Cafe at Garden City is a casual but elegant restaurant with a spectacular view of the sunset over the coastal SC marshes. Our food was delicious and our server was attentive without being intrusive. I like that I was able to make a reservation for dinner. Most restaurants in this area do not take reservations and wait times can be excessive, depending on the time of year.Special Features:
- Perfect choiceBrenDined on 10/10/2014We saved Gulfstream for our last night of vacation. Several had recommended it, do make a reservation, especially in season. We sipped a beverage and watched the sunset from the top deck, then elected to dine inside. My husband had the talapia chipotle, garlic mashed potatos and creamed spinach. It was excellent. I had the grouper francaise, could eat it everyday. Delicious with a light citrus sauce. The green beans and baked potato were just okay. Ambiance is great, cozy but not too close to other tables. The waiters hustle, food is Hot(perfect), and you'll want to linger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasurable Dining ExperienceLuv2eatDined on 10/8/2014This is our second time dining here and the food, service, ambiance and scenery are excellent. I was a bit disappointed when we had to wait for an outdoor table as I had called upon receiving my confirmation and specified that we wanted an outdoor table as we were celebrating a very important event. We were, after a wait, seated at an outdoor table and it was very nice of management to provide us with gratuitous dessert. We will certainly recommend this restaurant to others and will be dining at Gulfstream in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chev390Dined on 10/7/2014The best steak I have had in years. Service was great. I highly recommend this restaurant .Special Features:
- happybeachcouplehappybeachcoupleDined on 10/6/2014Since we discovered Gulf Stream about a year ago, it still remains our favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodonvacationDined on 10/5/2014The food was great here. They agreed to fix a menu item I had wanted to try, even though it was only available on their lunch menu and it was now dinner time. The view was nice and the server friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Fantastic spot for brunch with a fun make your own bloody mary station. Love the omelets.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal and good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed salmon, seafood stew, a seafood platter and chicken, plus key lime pie and pecan pies. Tasty meal well served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014I was a little disappointed with the entire experience. Service was slow, but the waiter was running his legs off, so I think he had too many tables to care for. Also, he seemed almost short with us at times, not very friendly. The food was very good. My steak was okay, but not exceptional. Two of my friends got the crab cakes and they said they were the best they ever had. Overall it was good, but I guess I was expecting more.Special Features:
- Gluten allergy be carefulslakfacDined on 10/2/2014Beautiful reastaurant and presentation/atmosphere for a chain restaurant. However, ciliacs or gluten free people be careful, be sure to ask your server what's in your dish. Gluten items not listed, very minimal descriptions on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewMIresidentDined on 10/1/2014Great view of marsh and sunset. Terrific food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view so-so foodIlvfoodDined on 9/30/2014We ate on the deck at sunset and it was spectacular. Taylor our server was fantastic - attentive without being obtrusive. I got lobster tail which I enjoy cooked properly but mine was raw on the underside. My husbands steak which he ordered medium rare was overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calm, efficient, tasty.LodydoeDined on 9/27/2014I enjoyed our night at Gulfstream Cafe - it was the place to be for the locals! It was also a great place with a small menu (less selection, easier choice!). Beautiful place with a great view. The price was nice for the food to get, and it has a little bit of everything, even for those who do not like seafood. Would recommend, and look forward to going back when I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendationsFood4thoughtDined on 9/27/2014Following the server's lead we got a divine dinner that left us very happy with the choices.Special Features:
- TeresaDined on 9/26/2014Loved this restaurant and would recommended it to anybody who loves seafood.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableluvgoodfoodDined on 9/26/2014My group of 6 ladies made a reservation for Friday night at 7:15. Got to restaurant at 7:00 and our table was ready at 7:15. Food was excellent (some had steak and some had seafood) and service was excellent as well. The only problem was when we got to the restaurant we went to bar area to get a drink and it was packed with only 1 bartender working. Took a while to get waited on.Special Features:
- Birthday at BeachMikeDined on 9/26/2014Very nice dinner Great service (Melissa was our server). Slight issue with initial reservation (got seated at a table outside where it was clearly too windy to dine), but it was resolved within 10 - 15 minutes.Special Features:
- Always greatWWC78VIPDined on 9/19/2014We've been going to gulfstream for at least 12 years and it's always great. Try the nawlins shrimp. Just the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view was amazing!RmdawkinsDined on 9/19/2014The food was even better! I recommend the crab legs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarioDined on 9/18/2014MY wife and I have been to this restaurant every year, when we were on vacation, for the past 5 years. Food menu choices have been cut back and is limited. The location is great and would of been wonderful except for screaming children not under the control of their parents. Our reservations were for 7. So if you want to enjoy this place I suggest you have reservations after 8 and maybe you will not have screaming children to listen too.Special Features:
- waitressjusthonestDined on 9/16/2014I would have given the Gulfstream cafe A 5 overall rating. Our waitress was not on her game. Never did we get asked for a refill on our drinks nor filled our water glasses back up. Have eaten here before and service was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodPamRVIPDined on 9/14/2014Eight of us had dinner to celebrate a birthday. I had the salmon with portabello mushrooms with a baked potato and fresh green beans as my sides. My friend had the Grouper Francaise with a baked potato and beans. Both were cooked to perfection and very tasty. The others in our group enjoyed their meals also. We had a nice view of the inlet and the service was great. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Always Great!YumyumDined on 9/12/2014Love going to Gulfstream! We try to go every time we are in the area. Love the she-crab bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingDillardDined on 9/12/2014I have been coming to the Gulfstream every year on vacation for the better part of 30 years. It is my favorite restaurant, the best views, food is amazing, and I've never had bad service. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still excellentDennisk51VIPDined on 9/7/2014This was our second visit to Gulfstream Cafe. I think we will leave it as a 'must do' everytime we go to Myrtle Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itdwaters59Dined on 9/7/2014Been there numerous times and it never disappoints. I always get the Grouper Francaise. My wife had the Mahi Mahi but usually the lump crab cakes. We follow it with coffee and cheese cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McDermottDined on 9/6/2014We have been dining at Gulfstream Cafe for many years on our anniversary. I must say that this year we were very disappointed. The service was at best annoying. Our waiter kept calling all the female patrons "hon". This is 2014 for goodness sake. I don't know many women that are ok with that. He was extremely rushed and therefore made our visit seem rushed and not relaxing at all. He was sweating profusely and just not pleasant. The food compared to years past was not up to par either. After this experience, we will think twice next year about where we spend our special night. Very disappointed!!Special Features:
- Great food, but…..4greatdiningDined on 8/31/2014Our food was hot, delicious and the portions were adequate and very well prepared--Mahi blackened with vegetables, NY Strip with mashed potatoes and spinach; fried shrimp, baked potato and hushpuppies, a bottle of wine and ice tea. Salads were an additional charge, but well worth the amount paid. Our table was adjacent to the windows with a beautiful view of Murrells Inlet, where a fireworks display was in progress. The prices were very reasonable. Of concern--reservation times were unreliable--25 minutes late. Regrettably, the menu is extremely limited and the main courses were served much too quickly, as we had not completed our salads. (personal pet peeve).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceMBgolferVIPDined on 8/31/2014Visited Gulfstream Cafe and it was probably the worst experience I have ever encountered before in a restaurant. The waiter came over after ten minutes to say he would be right back and when he did come back his first comments were "I'm so tired, I've been here since 7 this morning." Not a good sign! When he finally took our order, I ordered a NY Strip and he brought me a Filet, and said it was his fault, sorry and then amazingly walked away. I was stunned! I asked him to come back and he said "what do you need?" I said I would like what I ordered. By this time I had had his attitude and he said it would take awhile. When he finally brought my steak he said I think this is a NY Strip with an attitude. Then he charged me for a filet!Special Features:
- Very busy, still good, but...Satori84Dined on 8/31/2014I live nearby and have been dining at Gulfstream Cafe for a very long time. It is one of my top 5 restaurants in the greater Myrtle Beach area. I normally won't go there between Memorial Day and Labor Day however because it is TOO popular with tourists, and the service and food suffer a bit. Because it was a special occasion, I made an exception and reserved a table for Sunday evening during Labor Day weekend. Unlike past experiences, they did not honor my request for a window table, did not offer the usual glass of sparkling wine for the occasion, and seated us 25 minutes after our reservation. They were slammed with walk-ins, so these gaffes are forgivable if disappointing, but I will not go again during summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor serviceTravelerVIPDined on 8/31/2014It took 30 minutes before we got water and drinks. The food arrived in about an hour and we could not get ketchup until the meat and potatoes were cold. The side dishes were not what we ordered but we did not want to wait any longer for them to be replaced. It was a very bad experience except for the view. The worst part was that there was no soap in the men's room and when we told the receptionist she just laughed. This is unsanitary and should not be allowed in a restaurant bathroom.Special Features:
- Don't waste your timeMeterMan2VIPDined on 8/31/2014They have stripped the menu down to be a quick in and out restaurant that is designed to feed the masses. From the time we checked-in at the hostess stand they were trying to get us in and out to make room for the next party of 6. Food was also nothing to brag about.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2014Great Bruch, Great inlet views...we went on Sunday before Labor Day @ 10:30 the restaurant was packed (they open @ 10 am) the line for the buffet was long but move fairly quick. The only improvement they need to make is the cook to order egg station even thought the station had three pans going at all times they need another station. Once you got your buffet plate fixed then waited in line for eggs to be cook the only thing hot was the eggs by the time u returned to your table. But over all very good & worth the $12.95 priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.