Gulf Coast Kitchen at the Montauk Yacht Club
32 Star Island Road
Montauk, NY 11954Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Gulf Coast Kitchen at the Montauk Yacht Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.montaukyachtclub.com/
- Phone: 6316683100x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:30pm-10:00pm Friday & Saturday 5:30pm-11:00pm
Hours of operation change with the season.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Robert Reed
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Montauk Yacht Club offers intimate locations for private parties. The Anchor Room off the Gulf Coast Kitchen offers a laid back "Family-tyle." Dine in the "Turtle-Lounge" in the base of the Yacht Club's original Lighthouse which dates back 80 years to when the club was founded in 1929. Expand your private dining options and go alfresco on our yachtside patio Lounge. All spaces can handle private party groups up to 25 people.
- Private Party Contact: Mark Childers 6316683100x1261
- Cross Street: West Lake Drive
- Public Transit: The Montauk Yacht Club's Complimentary In-Town Shuttle will pick guests up at the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) "Montauk" stop as well as the Hamptons Jitney Montauk Spot.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Montauk Yacht Club has plenty of parking on property. In addition to parking your car, the Montauk Yacht Club Marina has 232 slips where you can park your powerboat, sailboat, yacht and mega yacht(up to 275 ft.) alike.
A word from Gulf Coast Kitchen at the Montauk Yacht Club
A warm interior invites you into a relaxed dining room. Historic photos of the Montauk Yacht Club from the 1920’s grace the walls alongside antique treasures collected over the years. The Gulf Coast Kitchen welcomes the Cooking Channel Star Gabriele Corcos to the Hamptons dining scene. The vision is an inspired one, promising to feature a signature blend of Tuscan food and traditional farmers’ cuisine, made from locally harvested ingredients, attentive service, and a relaxed, seaside attitude.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Gulf Coast Kitchen at the Montauk Yacht Club - Best Restaurants in Montauk ›
Gulf Coast Kitchen at the Montauk Yacht Club reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (16)romantic (11)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (4)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Yacht Club…..just what you'd expectFoodisforemostDined on 8/23/2014We went here on the recommendation of a Hamptons article that listed this place in the Top 10 places to eat in Montauk. We were a little wary of heading out to a 'club' let alone a 'yacht club' but trusted the article (as other places listed were indeed yummy). The main downside was the ambience - it felt like we had traveled back in time 30 years to the 'Love Boat'. Another in our party likened it to 'being at a wedding'. The food itself was ok, even good, but not a fun or interesting place to eat. Needs to modernize! Won't go back - so many other more interesting places to eat.
- JimboDined on 8/22/2014dinner for four on a Friday night. Food was prepared as ordered and all four plates were clean when we finished.Great drinks, excellent wine selection. Server was very attentive and maitre d' stopped by the table several times to see if we needed anything.Special Features:
- Bel ristorante, cucina disastrosaCarlito68Dined on 8/21/2014Un ristorante nella più bella località degli Hamptons (Montauk), nel posto più bello (lo Yackt Club) meriterebbe una cucina vera e uno chef degno ci questo nome. Un servizio gentilissimo ed un locale molto bello presentano invece piatti sciatti, banali, mediocri, e di gusto terribile. Portate senza senso, dai sapori a volte imbarazzanti. Un vero disastro. E la quantità "da camionisti", non riscatta certo una pessima qualità. Ripartire da zero è il minimo.Special Features:
- Energetic place.GreatDined on 8/9/2014The reservation was not honored. They tried to seat me in the banquet room and give us a table for 8 for the 4 of us. After a horrible start to the night and insisting on a table in the dinning room, the main courses were good. The appetizers were not good. They were busy and service was lacking. It was a very good and exciting atmosphere. I hate to start with an argument. They even called me to confirm I was going to be there and I was there on time. I like the place, but it needs improvement.Special Features:
- di44Dined on 7/31/2014Had an enjoyable meal. Food great. Restaurant quiet but empty.Special Features:
- beautifullallvlaDined on 7/27/2014Lovely dinner. Service was terrific. The food was delicious. The table was at the window where we believed the ocean and docks. The sun was setting and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Tired MenuMYS1Dined on 7/19/2014I looked forward to dining at the Montauck Yacht Club with my 3 adult children but was disappointed by the lack of creativity in the menu. We have eaten at many other Montauck restaurants and this one seemed dated and tired. I ended up with a soup and salad because I could not find anything that I really wanted to try on the menu. The view was lovely and we got some great pictures of the harbor. I would not go again.Special Features:
- Overall good but not outstandingCookieDined on 7/16/2014One reason of significance was that the waiter & bartender did not ask prior to using Grey Goose for a cocktail; hence I was not presented choice re: possible brands. Also Service was fine but not top knotch as the table was not properly cleaned after dinner & before dessert. Finally, I had listed the special occasion (birthday) on my reservation but neither hostess nor waiter followed up. Still, we would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what i expectedGRUMPYDined on 7/13/2014The restauraunt is nice and service was good.But the food was terriable.Salad was salty,why i have no idea.Filet was dry and not cooked med rare.The stuffed flounder was tasteless and bland.Mash potatoes were like soup.This was one of worst experiances i had at a resaturaunt in my life.If you cant find a good fish dinner in montauk ,than were?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/24/2014Beautiful atmosphere, delicious food and great service. Loved it!Special Features:
- one good dish one eh dishrichera1Dined on 6/6/2014The restaurant and hotel are lovely. Very Montauky. Good service. My meal was delish, my companion not so much. She had the Scallop/shrimp linguini special. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Much The SameSjpvacVIPDined on 5/24/2014Every year we take a chance to eat at this place where the beginning of the season produces a good result and then it goes downhill as the summer progresses. This year was pretty much the same with the exception of hordes of kids running through the restaurant while absent minded parent were enjoying themselves elsewhere. The sea bass I had was decent and tasty, but the dinner portion was smaller than most appetizers so we left hungry.Special Features:
- Love it here!ChrislacDined on 5/24/2014Have had the pleasure of dining here many times. Never a complaint. Good food, great view, pleasant and accommodating staff.Special Features:
- Good Restaurant in MTKformernycfoodieDined on 5/24/2014Food was good, though surf and turf portion small and expensive. Ambiance was fine. Not a scene in the restaurant, thankfully, but a separate bar area. Restaurant nextdoor also good, more casual pizza/italian place, also with a separate bar. Both kid-friendly. Great location at the marina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 134 reviews are from the Gulf Coast Kitchen at the Montauk Yacht Club reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2014Ordered the lobster and was completely over cooked. Overall, the food was very much like banquet service quality. Also, the menu options were very limited.Special Features:
- NiceJanette811VIPDined on 5/2/2014Pretty place...great service. Food was ok....view was beautiful. If it was warmer...would have sat outside.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceFoodbeerandwineDined on 4/17/2014I went here with my wife and stayed at the hotel. It was on the off seasonso not many places were open so we decided to eat here cause it was in our hotel. We were pleasantly surprised how greAt the food was and the service was excellent as well. The prices were also very reasonably. My wife got the half lobster stuffed with crab. It was excellent. I got the New York strip steak. It was cooked perfectly. I would def recommend this place. We also had breakfast there the next day it was so good and breakfast w We will def be back. Very enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShameAllanah2000VIPDined on 4/5/2014How can a hotel like this not have a restaurant to match.. Overpriced under acheived, love coming to this hotel but their restaurant needs a major shift in management
- A Delightfully Pleasant OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014It was such a pleasure to have eaten at Montauk Manor's Gulf Coast Kitchen as part of our week's vacation in Montauk. We were well treated along with some very good food both for dinner and breakfeast on the morning just before checking out of our room. We look forward to returning sometime next year.Special Features:
- DINNER IN A SNOW STORMolivetolaughDined on 2/15/2014not worth the money for the service and feel received. Snow probably limited the staff that affected the staff size and the lobster that was 35.00 was tougher than shoe leather. I have never tipped less than 18% but this time I felt the waiter did not earn his job. We saw him to get our order and bring bread then the bill. The others working in the restaurant showed us more attention and service and they were not being tipped.Special Features:
- A real treat!EscapeGirlVIPDined on 10/26/2013My 11 year old and I decided to go to Montauk for an impromptu time away and we stayed at the Montauk Yacht Club. The Gulf Coast Kitchen was a lovely spot! Despite a big wedding reception going on, the food came out perfectly on time and was delicious. The kitchen sent out an amuse bouche of tuna, that was outstanding! I had mussels that were steamed, which were flavorful and garlicky. My son had the lobster carbonara, and he was in heaven. A t the end of the meal, after a decadent crème brulee, the chef sent out chocolate-covered strawberries, which was a wonderful little touch. It made me feel pampered. The waitstaff was friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend Gulf Coast Kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall, the dinner was excellentJeanDined on 9/22/2013overall, the dinner was excellent - as always. We enjoy eating hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Dining ExperienceDHarryDined on 9/6/2013Our party of six really enjoyed our evening. The food was very good and the menu choices were plentiful. Our waitress was very attentive. The room was decorated with a mature, nautical feel. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerMidgieVIPDined on 8/11/2013The food was good, service was very friendly, and the atmosphere was very casual. Would recommend and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In need of serious improvementTheTruthDined on 8/3/2013It was no mistake that Michael Jackson's "Thriller" was blaring over the speakers on our recent dinner at Gulf Coast kitchen - a paradox of a restaurant on the Montauk bay. Never have I seen such a beautiful space wasted away by complete mismanagement and indifference. From the inconsistent service to the overpriced food to the mind boggling music selection, the only enjoyment one can possibly find here is in the combined hilarity of it all. No bartenders at the bar. Empty on a Saturday night in mid summer. Something is terribly off here, and it's only going to get worse if someone finally pays attention and cleans house.
- Nice place, & great food.dddddVIPDined on 7/31/2013Nice place, & great food. Very quiet vibe for Wednesday night dinner, but worth it for a quiet date night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to dinelallvlaDined on 7/28/2013Terrific dining experience. ..wine, food, dessert and the service.Special Features:
- Don't botherOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/4/2013We were extremely disappointed. This place is one step above a casual patio bar. By one step I mean if there were plastic forks and knives.....very overpriced. Choose something else!Special Features:
- Good for StartersSjpvacVIPDined on 4/20/2013As it has for the last few years, the season opening dinner was marked by good food, attentive service and quiet dining atmosphere. Usually by mid-summer, the service goes way down, the food becomes mediocre and I wonder why I ever go back. Let's see if this year follows suit.
- Great meal especially duringOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2013Great meal especially during off-season in Montauk -- prix fixe great for wonderful food in a gorgeous setting.
- Great Easter Buffeteatout2Dined on 3/31/2013We were very pleased with the Easter Buffet at the Gulf Coast Kitchen. The quality and variety of food was excellent. The service and atmosphere was friendly and efficient. All in all, it was a lovely afternoon.Special Features:
- Service was excellent. FoodMontaukDined on 11/4/2012Service was excellent. Food choices were good. I ordered the steak and I should have sent it back. I could hardly cut it with the stealk knife, nevermind chew it. Everything else was very good.
- Restaurant just reopened afterSjpvacVIPDined on 11/2/2012Restaurant just reopened after the storm so menu was very limited. The appetizer of mozzarella and tomato was just ok but the blackened fluke entree was very fredh and tasty. This place is a real hit and miss place. Sometimes it's really good and sometimes not.
- We love the chef! (Full disclosure:OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/29/2012We love the chef! (Full disclosure: we got married at MYC and so are slightly biased. Regardless, in our foodie opinion, the chef is truly talented!) Service can be improved and seems to vary depending on whether or not a wedding reception is also on site. Gulf Coast is top notch and much more preferable over the now overhyped hipness of many of the newer/trendier restaurants in Montauk.Special Features:
- We visited on a very quietOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2012We visited on a very quiet night. Appetizers were ok, nothing spectacular. Very simple preparation. Entrees were simple and home style. Again, good but not great. Service was a bit spotty, silverware not replaced after first course etc. I would imagine the restaurant to be lovely during the day with its view of the water.Special Features:
- rated food fair b/c we didn'tcammarcVIPDined on 9/24/2012rated food fair b/c we didn't stay for dinner. Menu was very disappointing. Many of the courses came with same sides-not practical, especially with a prix fixe menu.
- I ordered the Kobe beef burgergabricolDined on 9/23/2012I ordered the Kobe beef burger - nothing spectacular - tasted like a regular hamburger . My husband ordered the pork chop special - said it was good but would not order again . Our friend ordered the Petit fillet mignon -he seemed to enjoy it . Creme brulee dessert was creamy and delicious ! Bread pudding was a little too sweet . Service was great - we were there on a Sunday night in September so we pretty much had the restaurant to ourselves . Beautiful view of the water and boats . The piped-in music could've been a little lower in volume and possibly the music selection itself could've been a little more mellow considering the atmosphere . I would go back .Special Features:
- Because there was a weddingrichera1Dined on 9/22/2012Because there was a wedding in full swing when we arrived for dinner, we got the feeling that the folks in the restaurant were sort of the second class citizens for the evening. The service was kind of disinterested in us. The value for the prix fix was excellent and my scallops were delish.Special Features:
- Loved our first visit! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/22/2012Loved our first visit! Great food and graceful, quiet dining DESPITE a major wedding party in the adjoining space. Beautiful viewsSpecial Features:
- Very accommodating. ServiceOwooblyVIPDined on 9/2/2012Very accommodating. Service was very good dinner was tasty. Local ingredients fresh foodSpecial Features: