72850 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.guillermosrestaurante.com/index.html
- Phone: 7603410980x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Guillermo's Restaurante
When you're in the mood for good times and great Mexican Cuisine, be sure to stop by Guillermo's Restaurante . The restaurant is located in one of the area's most pleasant settings and is known for its delightful staff and superb cuisine. The menu at Restaurante Guillermo's features a wide array of great selections, made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, with something sure to please every member of your group. Guillermo's Restaurante has established itself as one of the area's favorite culinary destinations and is sure to offer you a pleasantand unique dining experience every time you visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Guillermo's Restaurante - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Guillermo's Restaurante reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)special occasion (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)romantic (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Best Carnitas!AmayzingDined on 8/2/2014My boyfriend and I were looking for a place to eat with good Mexican food. We came across Guillermo's and I must say we were pleased. I had the Tortilla soup which was really good and he had the Carnitas which were exceptional. Perfect portion size as well. I'd recommend trying if you are in the area.Special Features:
- MarioDined on 7/19/2014Excellent menu choices. Good, friendly service, clean environment. Will definitely recommend to friends. Best Mexican restaurant in the Coachella Valley,miso far and I have tried at least ten of them.Special Features:
- DELICIOUSluvwineanddineDined on 7/18/2014My family and I have dined at many Mexican restaurants. Guillermo's is an incredible find, a must try for those vacationing in or around Palm Desert. The service was also fantastic.Special Features:
- Guillermo's - Beyond Tex-MexdesertdinerDined on 7/8/2014Every time I introduce another person to Guillermo's, I find they are "hooked" as soon as they taste the unique warm salsa. It's addictive! This last lunch I took a friend who'd never been and immediately thought of several friends he cannot wait to take. The new lunch menu is sensational and the sopas are new but like every item, uniquely Guillermo's - the best I've ever tasted. I find Guillermo's margaritas the best in the desert. But I don't enjoy alcohol at lunch so tried a virgin margarita - blended - I could not have had a better drink on that 107 degree day! Totally refreshing.Special Features:
- Great Place To DinePerfectDined on 7/5/2014Fun, Wonderful Menu, Great Service We will be back ...........................Special Features:
- Good FoodDi2DineDined on 6/21/2014ALWAYS good, nice food , nice people....dependable. Wonderful to be able to take my DogSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Mexican FoodFoodDivaVIPDined on 6/20/2014This is not your typical taco & fajita restaurant. This is FINE DINING. The atmosphere may be casual but the food is upscale. Excellent seafood. And if you are interested in tequila, Guillermo can give you a tasting and an education that will have you sipping tequilas, not just putting them in your margaritas.Special Features:
- Muy sabrosogolmecDined on 6/10/2014The food was delicious, beginning with the homemade salsa that accompanied the chips. As other reviewers have said, this is not typical Tex-Mex food. I had the octopus special, which was perfectly seasoned with a light smokey flavor. I will be tempted to order it again the next time we go there. The decor/ambience is very nice. The young wait staff were friendly and efficient. Not fancy, somewhat off the tourist path, reasonably priced. By far the best Mexican restaurant we have found in the Palm Springs area, and one of the best overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodSandKDined on 5/31/2014Took the family to Guillermo's while in Palm Desert in late May. Easily the best meal we had during our stay. Would recommend it to anyone who enjoys Mexican cuisine. Ask for a table on the patio.Special Features:
- PshowardDined on 5/26/2014EXCELLENT AS ALWAYS===FOOD IS GREAT, DRINKS ARE STRONG AND SERVICE IS VERY ATTENTIVE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SalimoneDined on 5/22/2014Met the owner twice - very engaged in what's going on. Great food, excellent service.Special Features:
- FOOD WAS AMAZING SERVICE AMAZINGExcellentVIPDined on 5/11/2014food was amazing service was excellent. definitely coming back again.Special Features:
- The Meaning of Cinco de MayotheOracleDined on 5/11/2014Cinco de Mayo celebrates the Mexican victory over the French at Puebla. Although Mexico had numerous foreign invasions, this day, Mexico finally won! We celebrated both Cinco de Mayo and Mother's Day here. Today, Mother's Day was a precio fixo brunch menu, a choice of entrees, PLUS a generous, full buffet, and "nearly" unlimited Margaritas or Mimosas. The food is American Mexican, but on a higher level than usual. The ingredients are better than usual. The service is attentive and gracious. I had the Pollo con Mole Poblano. The Poblano sauce is very good, the chicken moist and tender. DH had the Camarones Fajitas al Tequila. Bigger shrimp than elsewhere, perfectly cooked. Then came the Mariachis. How romantic! Perfect for Mother's Day.Special Features:
- Guillermo'slilo42VIPDined on 5/10/2014Guillermo & his entire staff are all so friendly, courteous, & give excellent service. The food is the best Mexican food in the desert. Always fresh & DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/4/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend and appears to be a neighborhood favorite. The food was good (nothing noteworthy) but the service was the worst we've experienced in quite some time: inattentive, dismissive and we were made to feel as if we were invisible. We were able to get what we needed from other servers, but ours was truly awful. We won't be back, and would not recommend a restaurant with such drastically inconsistent service.
- The following 148 reviews are from the Guillermo's Restaurante reviews archive.
- Impeccable!SpikeMuffinVIPDined on 5/2/2014This was our 2nd time here and continue to be very satisfied with the experience. Excellent family run restaurant their pride shows throughout.Special Features:
- 5th time to be sure.RogersVIPDined on 5/2/2014Forced my husband to go one more time. His carnitas was hard and dried out. For the fourth and last time I got the octopus dish. This time you could hardly find the octopus thru all the cut up peppers. My guest also go the octopus. Something has happened to change the food level since they expanded and added the large bar area. We will not go back. This is a higher end seafood Mexican food establishment.
- Fantastic dinner in the desertwakesurfingdocDined on 4/21/2014Looked for a place to go on our last night in the desert-read some reviews on line and decided to try Guillermo's. Originally booked for 7.30 PM but decided to go earlier. They were very accommodating and seated us straight away. Sat outside on a beautiful warm night. Ordered Ceviche starters- to die for. Also ordered the Guacamole- they brought me celery sticks instead of chips- delicious. Grilled prawns for a main course also very good. Son also enjoyed the kids menu-cheese Quesadillas excellentSpecial Features:
- Sunday Brunch a must.food101Dined on 4/20/2014We recently went to Guillermo's for Easter Sunday Brunch. We were seated promptly and waited upon quickly. For their brunch they offer one main dish from a menu and then there is a buffet, as well as almost bottomless margaritas all included in the price. There are Mariachis strolling around playing while you enjoy your brunch. I highly recommend Guillermo's Restaurante any time, Lunch Dinner and especially the brunch. The staff, (most of whom are family) provide great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!CCDINERVIPDined on 4/17/2014Guillermo and his sons and daughter treat everyone so well. The guacamole is the best ever, delicious margarita's wonderful chicken mole, carnitas and BBQ ribs too. Always a pleasure ..special kudos to son William who has been our waiter on 2 occasions..he is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is in a strip mall. Do not judgePamelaVIPDined on 4/17/2014Family owned and you will know it by the service. Prices are fair for the food and quality. Drinks are waterey for the price. I would go back, but have my pre--dinner drink first.Special Features:
- JUST OKsosodiningDined on 4/16/2014The service was Fantastic. The food however was not. The best thing we had twas the hot green salsa they brought out with the chips. Guacamole was very good-not great. The Camarones a la Diabla was the most disappointing dish. I asked for 7-8 spicy. It came out very very bland. As I always have this dish on my birthday I was sorely disappointed. The flan had a very thick consistency which did not allow me to fully enjoy the flavor. Reason 50% of the total dining experience was good, mainly due to the service. Oh did I mention when I asked for more green sauce to put on my shrimp- 10 minutes later I was told they were out and might have some soon, adding if you still need it by then. Guess we are down to 2 stars
- Mexican localdinner234Dined on 4/13/2014Guacamole was exceptional as were the churros. Food, service were very good but ambience was better. Really liked the guitarist. Great dinner background music. Will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding upscale Mexican FoodNinaJohnVIPDined on 4/11/2014Wonderful shrimp dishes, chile relents, guacamole and of course love the skinny margaritas.Special Features:
- Food was tasty and servicetn1289Dined on 4/10/2014Food was tasty and service was exceptional. Will come back in future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsHungryBobVIPDined on 4/10/2014This is the second time we have eaten at Guillermo's. Good both times. First time was last year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican food in the desert!calfoodloverVIPDined on 4/5/2014I've been eating out in the desert for 36 years and this is the best Mexican restaurant. Family owned and very friendly. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our home away from homeMickeyVIPDined on 3/31/2014amazing authentic Mexican food, definitely one of our favorites… this is truly a family run restaurant, which is a good thing, because it is a wonderful family!Special Features:
- Great mealdanbdtDined on 3/31/2014Wonderful service from staff, especially waiter Ulises. Fine food at good prices. Nice guitar music; not too loud.Special Features:
- Great Mexican foodCapSeriousDined on 3/27/2014The young girl who showed us to our table needs to cheer up! Other than that, we had great service and great food! We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican food with a differencedsrtdwlrDined on 3/22/2014This is not your standard fair. Though you will find the usual items, there are a variety of dishes that will not be found elsewhere.Special Features:
- margaritavilleSlimDined on 3/21/2014Had a lovely time again. The margaritas are AMAZING (the Boss) ... love it! Service was quite slow this time-but they we're very very busy. The owner was there and handled it great!! Thank youSpecial Features:
- Best Mexican in Palm DesertCCDINERVIPDined on 3/21/2014Guillermo himself is a welcoming presence, his son William is a fabulous waiter...the food is so tasty; especially the carnitas,chicken mole, guacamole and of course the margaritas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, better Margaritas!JakeSDined on 3/21/2014Guillermo's was a great find! From its impressive margarita menu to it upscale authentic Mexican cuisine, this place has it all. The chips, salsa, and guacamole were some of the best ever, while the Shrimp Diabla was to die for. The fajitas were simply outstanding as well. We really enjoyed sampling different margaritas. The live acoustical guitar performance created an authentic ambience as well not to mention the great service! Not a cheap place by any means but well worth the price of admission! Definitely will be back on our next visit to Palm Desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Authentic MexicanDesertdinerVIPDined on 3/21/2014Food is fresh and inventive yet stays true to traditional Mexican. Very happily surprised at how delicious Everything was and look forward to going back. Keep in mind this is not a place to go if you just want a taco but more for a Fine dining experience.Special Features:
- what a findMOfromTODined on 3/17/2014Found this on open table. And they were fantastic. Great food. Lovely drinks. Very attentive including having our kids food out in a jiffy (which all parents know is key to success) . Definitely going back.... with family and without kids so we can enjoy the delicious drinks a bit more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service , great value .JoyceVIPDined on 3/15/2014Usual great meal. We had carne asada and something that came in a stone mortar & my husband said was excellent ……and 3 beers ….and the usual chips & dip to start, all for $56 ( pretax & tip). In spite of the reasonable price, the service was attentive & courteous , efficient and the staff are all friendly and act like they own the place ! I have been recommending this restaurant because we enjoy going there , and it looks like it is getting busier each visit, thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the pork carnitas!LinnellDined on 3/15/2014Loved the food, the special margaritas, and the service! Returned two days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is wonderfulanonVIPDined on 3/14/2014The food here is wonderful and the Margaritas are delicious. We have been here several times and are never disappointed. We live in Palm Desert and like bringing friends and family to enjoy the meals served in this restaurant!Special Features:
- AVERAGE AT BESTOCDINERVIPDined on 3/13/2014The food was bland and the service was not the best. We won't be back.