694 Vernon Ave
Glencoe, IL 60022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://guildhallrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8478358100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5 - 10
Friday - Saturday 5 - 11
Sunday Dinner 4 - 9
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Christian Ragano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Both private and semi-private dining. Our party room seats up to thirty guest. GuildHall is here to assist you in planning your special occasion from beginning to end.
- Private Party Contact: Phil Marienthal 8473239104
- Cross Street: Park Ave.
- Public Transit: There is ample street parking available, and also a public lot directly across the street from restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is ample street parking available, and also a public lot directly across the street from restaurant.
A word from Guildhall
A fun American Bistro with European influences. A warm and comfortable environment to enjoy heartfelt cuisine and unique beverages.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Guildhall reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (90)fit for foodies (70)good for groups (37)hot spot (36)special occasion (36)vibrant bar scene (34)romantic (23)notable wine list (17)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- Beautiful balanceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014The decor was classy but comfortable. Tastes were fresh but not overpowering. Service was attentive but not pushy. Atmosphere was vibrant but not loud. Although we didn't have a cocktail, rumor has this is a great spot for that. The bar area is inviting. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; so-so serviceChicagokateDined on 9/16/2014As usual, the food at Guildhall is interesting and well-prepared. We split an appetizer of fish carpaccio and it was delicious. My husband had the salmon (wonderful) and I had the orecchietti with lamb which was good. Our main waitperson was fine, if absent, but the person who delivered the food to the table just put it down with a "plunk" and a mumble. We were not made to feel at all important to anyone there. It was my husband's birthday, but we did not tell them. But, for the amount we spent, including a bottle of wine, we expected more gracious and attentive service no matter what the occasion. We live in Glencoe and have been there many times.Special Features:
- good foodimafoodieDined on 9/13/2014LOved all the choices except for the rapini it was too bitterSpecial Features:
- Waited for table with reservationfood4lifeDined on 9/13/2014We were very upset because we had an 8:30PM reservation. We arrived at 8:10PM and were not seated until 9:30PM. They initially took us to the kitchen area to eat with high top tables. It was not very nice back there and very hot. After waiting an hour for our table despite having a reservation, we were not happy. We then had to wait 10 more minutes until another table opened up. I also did not like my dinner. I ordered the halibut which was very plain and not good at all, even though it was $32.00. I did love the cucumber martinis and the ambience at Guildhall, but I would not recommend it. It is not worth the price tag. And they did not seem apologetic at all that we had waited so long for our table, even with our open table reservation.Special Features:
- Nice local restaurantamacbVIPDined on 9/12/2014Had been looking forward to Guildhall for quite a while, so was happy to get there. Met girlfriends for dinner. Shared a salad and dessert and then each had an entree. The food was good. Carrot salad was very flavorful. The halibut was very light, could have had a little bit more going on, but it was good. The blueberry cobbler was delicious. Only complaint was the waiter. Not particularly friendly and when asked for opinions, did not have them. In a restaurant like this, I expect the waiters to be able to provide suggestions when asked.Special Features:
- Always Great!DaveCVIPDined on 9/11/2014Every time we dine at Guildhall we enjoy it. Carmela is a fantastic Server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban energy in sleepy GlencoeEleanorDVIPDined on 9/9/2014From the creative list of craft beers and cocktails to a menu featuring new takes on old favorites, the Guildhall departs from its fine, but rather boring, suburban neighbors. Our uber fresh salads and intense desserts were excellent. Main courses (fish for my wife, meat for me) were very good though not exceptional. But the restaurant is not striving for the sublime, nor is it priced that way. Service was friendly and very helpful. My only complaint was the noise; if you don't shout you won't be heard. And this was on a Tuesday night!Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood restaurantSuburbaniteVIPDined on 9/8/2014Last visit was a Saturday night, some what noisy. This visit was a Monday night and all was different. Service, food and ambiance was great.Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014Had a very nice brunch here last Sunday. Shared a cinnamon donut that I would drive to just get a dozen of those. Great menu choices and killer Bloody Mary. Service was attentive which was nice as we were outside and it is easy to be overlooked when staff as inside and outside tables. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeonleonDined on 8/30/2014The noise level overshadowed the great food and better than average service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bright spot in the 'burbsOrlandoVisitorDined on 8/27/2014Guildhall never disappoints with a great menu, solid bar (try the side car!) and attentive service. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Wish I loved this placecsg479VIPDined on 8/24/2014This restaurant is in my neighborhood so I wished I loved it. The room is beautiful and the service is always good. (This was our sixth time there) but I just don't like the menu. When a burger is the only appealing thing in a place like this, something is missing. I hope they play with the menu now that summer is ending.Special Features:
- Sloppy service ruins special nightcathylingDined on 8/23/2014I brought friends from my small town in cent. Illinois here. One of them's a trained chef - the others aren't foodies but they like good well-prepared food. Maybe I made the wrong choice, but I was SO disappointed in this meal. Most of my regret centered around the service once we were seated. (the fellows at the bar were great so we were off to good start!) Once seated, things went downhill. Our server took one look at the group and just couldn't be bothered. She acted like just what I had dreaded - fast-talking, assumptive and too important to bother with details. One of the other servers brought our starters and got every one of them in the wrong places.The rest was just mediocre. I'd been here twice - may not be back.Special Features:
- rileysroostrileysroostVIPDined on 8/23/2014We learned recently that Guildhall had a new executive chef and we are pleased that the dining experience remains first rate. While the core menu remains the same, its great to see new additions that complete the culinary experience. Guildhall is the perfect choice for just about any reason to enjoy a night out. The service, food quality, taste, and attention to every detail throughout the restaurant are exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent In All Respects.KevinVIPDined on 8/23/2014Innovative food. Superior service. Beautiful venue. A true destination restaurant.Special Features:
- Just so-soBebaDined on 8/18/2014I was disappointed with this restaurant. The decor and feel of the restaurant is great but the food was less than impressive. The soup was bland and the scalloped potatoes that came with my steak tasted warmed up. My husband had the burger - which he enjoyed - but again the fries that came with it tasted reheated or re-fried. We were there on a Monday night so I'm not sure if because it was a slow night they weren't turning around the food as quickly so were heating things up. Not impressed.Special Features:
- Excellence as alwaysDavidHPDined on 8/17/2014We have eaten at Guildhall many times and are never disappointed. This visit was no difference. The staff, as always, is efficient, friendly and knowledgeable. The food is top-notch. This time my friend ordered the steak and I had the whitefish, both were cooked to perfection. The salads and appetizers are inventive and delicious.Special Features:
- First TimersOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014Great Crudo and caesar salad (normally just share one app or salad, but small enough to share one of each - so an app or salad each would also work), and we each had a fresh pasta dish - delicious. Our waiter was great (we like to space things rather than order all at once, no problem) and had good explanations/recommendations, though with the noise level (LOUD!), and his accent, we had to ask for a repeat of a number of things. Will be back.Special Features:
- We will be backJT1492VIPDined on 8/16/2014We tried this on our anniversary. We had planned to go downtown but kid logistics forced us closer to home. We were not disappointed. Everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood gem!GalsDined on 8/10/2014I was there with a group of 10 girlfriends and we had the most wonderful brunch. Our server was charming and efficient and just absolutely a delight. The food was outstanding and the prices were very appropriate. Everyone was very happy that we came.Special Features:
- Quite a disappointmentMarkieVIPDined on 8/9/2014After reading several good reviews about this restaurant I was surprised when I was able to get a reservation at the last minute for 7p.m. on a Saturday; now I think I know why. The food was really disappointing and the service mediocre. We had a flat bread for an appetizer and it was quite good, and looked appetizing. We should have stopped there. The main courses couldn't match the opener. The walleye pike, a special that evening, head no flavor; neither the fish, the sauce nor the olive tapenade tasted like anything. The short ribs tasted like someone had dumped a container of cinnamon on them. The fish didn't come with any kind of garnish, it just sat on a large plate looking lost.
- PeggyVIPDined on 8/5/2014Delish!! Great neighborhood spot!! Food was great and service was good.Special Features:
- outtodineDined on 8/5/2014A very nice dinner at Guildhall, as always! Guildhall is always a great venue for special evening...love the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Need More ServersArlyVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is our 2nd visit to Guildhall and we took our neighbors to dinner. The food is always really delicious and beautifully served. Our very nice waiter was hassled and it took 20 minutes to get our drinks. The bar was backed up or so he said. We will definitely go back, but hire a few more waiters especially when they have to serve both inside and outside. The owner always comes over which is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll definitely come again!ChickenDined on 8/1/2014We came here at 5 p.m. before our 7 p.m. Friday night concert at Ravinia and it worked out perfectly. The service was friendly, prompt, and informed so we didn't feel rushed. The beet salad and duck special of the day were absolutely delicious and I enjoyed the Mademoiselle cocktail that our waiter recommended. The french fries they served with the burgers are positively addictive. I wish that we'd had room for dessert but we were all completely "satisfied" after our salads and meals. We will definitely be coming back and bringing our friends with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NettieDined on 7/31/2014I love the food here and some of the wait staff. The young waitress who was our waitress last Thursday did not spend enough time asking if we were happy or needed anything. Kind of forgot about us. As the night went on the noise level was out of control. This has happened to us way to often that some friends of ours will not return. I would recommend that they look into the problem it gets uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itReviewerDined on 7/29/2014We enjoyed our dinner. The restaurant is very attractive, and the food was good. The service was a bit slow, however, and there could be more choices on the menu. Many reviewers have said it is very loud. We went early and didn't find this to be a problem. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Everything was as expected, although we did not appreciate the first table we were offered. Many tables were available, but we were shown a table next to the kitchen with lots of traffic going by. Not a good impression for first time customers who should be exposed to best ambiance, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HaylesDined on 7/26/2014Table for 2 Saturday night at 8.30. Arrived early thinking we'd have a drink at the bar but it was really busy so the staff found us a table even though they were really busy. Great atmosphere - the place was buzzing even at 9pm. Excellent food, good wine list...will be recommending to friendsSpecial Features:
- Great!ParticularDined on 7/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyable! Pepe is a treasure! Guildhall is a real destination on the North Shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhillyPhillyVIPDined on 7/26/2014I have been to this restaurant twice. The first time I had the chicken dish and it was ok but I still was hungry . I could have eaten more. I had soup also . The second time I had the spaghetti and it was terrible. I never had spaghetti like that.Special Features:
- Too loud, ambiance ruinedverosabrianDined on 7/22/2014This isn't a restaurant for an intimate conversation. The main waiter was not very attentive, however the water filler and busboy waiters were. There was a piece of metal wire found in the pasta. We were nicely comped a new pasta and free dessert. However, when a glass of champagne was spilled we had to gather our napkins and clean up ourselves. This may be a fun fling of a spot where you gather with friends for a boisterous time near the bar. But its a mixed metaphor...fancy looking clientele, decor and demeanor...without consistant staff or quality to back it up. Food is good, but ruined by noise level.
- Sophisticated menu and decorsusieQDined on 7/20/2014We went on a Sunday evening and had reservations. No wait for inside but all the table outside looked to be taken. I love the handcrafted cocktails. The decor is very eclectic and yet calm. I believe everyone in my party enjoyed their entree but several of us were planning to order hamburgers when we were told they had run out of hamburgers. How does a restaurant run out of hamburgers! at 8:00 on a Sunday night! I was disappointed. I ended up ordering salmon, which was delicious but I intend to go back for the burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodPhillyVIPDined on 7/20/2014A little bit pricy but the food was very good. I should also add that the service was very goodSpecial Features:
- Nice place!SusjuneDined on 7/18/2014The food is dc Excellent as is the service. The crowd can be a bit clickish!Special Features:
- Loved all of itMemeDined on 7/18/2014Enjoyed their signature Flambe. Wonderful. Entrees looked good but the flambe was so big I opted for soup and trout salad. All great!Special Features:
- PeggyVIPDined on 7/13/2014We had a very nice meal--good food and good service. Loved the open air concept!!Special Features:
- Too loud to enjoy the great foodreviewer27VIPDined on 7/12/2014This is not a relaxing dining environment. The food is delicious, but the room is unbelievably noising and the service feels rushed. We would go back for the food, but not on an evening when we wanted to relax.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014The food was good, although the shortrib was not as fabulous as the other two times we ate here. I guess we're getting old, because the noise level was just too much for us! We were with another couple and we really couldn't hear each other, even though we asked for the quietest area of the restaurant!
- Average2FoodiesDined on 7/12/2014Cocktail and bread outstanding. Asparagus soup was so bland and tasteless that I left it. It was removed without staff inquiry. No salt and pepper on the table and not delivered immediately upon request. Halibut good but passionfruit sauce gummy and lacked punch. Server friendly. Dining room very noisy and over air conditioned. Not worth the price.