694 Vernon Ave
Glencoe, IL 60022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://guildhallrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (847) 835-8100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 5 - 9
Tuesday - Thursday 5 - 10
Friday - Saturday 5 - 11
Sunday Brunch 10 - 2
Sunday Dinner 4 - 9
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Christian Ragano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Both private and semi-private dining. Our party room seats up to thirty guest. GuildHall is here to assist you in planning your special occasion from beginning to end.
- Private Party Contact: Phil Marienthal 8473239104x
- Cross Street: Park Ave.
- Public Transit: There is ample street parking available, and also a public lot directly across the street from restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is ample street parking available, and also a public lot directly across the street from restaurant.
A word from Guildhall
A fun American Bistro with European influences. A warm and comfortable environment to enjoy heartfelt cuisine, craft beers and cocktails with eclectic wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Guildhall - Best Restaurants in Glencoe ›
Guildhall reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (99)fit for foodies (78)hot spot (45)good for groups (42)vibrant bar scene (39)special occasion (38)romantic (21)notable wine list (20)great for outdoor dining (16)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (6)great for lunch (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good Meal, great serviceAKKakkVIPDined on 11/21/2014its hard to find someplace good on the north shore, let alone someplace sitting diners after 10 when our movie ended. It was a pleasure to find guild house open. The food was very good. Interesting salads and a shared main course of swordfish. They split the plate in the kitchen which was nice. Service was wonderful, the waiter recommended a nice wine and after dinner drink, very friendly. Only negative is this place is noisy as heck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BrunchWexOneVIPDined on 11/9/2014Guildhall's decision to open for brunch is a brilliant location in the brunch desert of the North Shore. A creative menu -- pain perdu, ricotta pancakes, excellent hash to name a few dishes -- well-excecuted with attentive service, and, if you're lucky, less noise than during the crowded dinner hour.Special Features:
- Guildhall has lots of potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014This restaurant is beautiful. It has an urban Chicago feel even though it is located in Glencoe. On my last visit, however, the food was disappointing. My wife and I both ordered a New York strip special and the meat was tough. It was also so loud that we had a hard time hearing each other. I have been here before and the food was better. This was a Saturday night and the restaurant was packed. Even so, if you are emphasizing a special, at least make sure the quality of the meat is equal to the price for the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014We had our anniversary dinner there, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. The service, food and atmosphere were fabulous. Just goes to show that you don't have to venture to the city for a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Too noisy to converse/lousy servicefinedinerDined on 11/1/2014We were unable to hear our friends and were disappointed at how hard we had to work to have a conversation. We won't return because we found the noise level beyond energetic and actually downright obnoxious. Can't you do something about the acoustics? Secondly, our server was sour, clearly irritated with us for no reason that was evident to us, and inattentive to our requests (she made mistakes or ignored special requests such as no anchovies on the Caesar salad.) Poor service really spoils a dining experience.Special Features:
- JudyLVIPDined on 11/1/2014We like the food, we had a delightful server, but on this, our second visit to Guidlhall, we came to the same conclusion - Way Too Loud and Noisy. By the time we were finishing our dinner at 7:30pm to go to Writers' Theatre, we had stopped conversing since we could not comfortably hear one another talk any longer. Too bad - the neighborhood welcomes and needs restaurants of this type, especially for pre-theatre dining, but we do not plan on returning.Special Features:
- Guildhall in Glencoe is terrificfoodreviewsDined on 10/29/2014A group of five dined at Guildhall this week. The food was tasty, variety of menu choices and the wait staff was professional. Since we were going to a play, the staff kept things moving but we never felt rushed. When the restaurant is full it can be a bit noisy, but we did not have any trouble hearing each other.Special Features:
- Great new menu,ssadsdhtVIPDined on 10/25/2014We hadn't been there since the new chef was hired and really enjoyed the food and of course the service, by our favorite server, Andrew! Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service mars mealAr2353VIPDined on 10/25/2014We had a reservation for a party of 6. The reservation was confirmed via telephone that day as well as by the hostess when we arrived as well as by the host showing us to the table. YES, there are 6 diners. Despite that, one of our guests who arrived at the precise reservation time and gave the correct name holding the reservation WAS TURNED AWAY. She was told that there was no record of any reservation under that name. She was not invited to walk through the restaurant, have a seat at the bar - nothing. In the meantime, the waitress is glaring at us because our sixth guest has not yet arrived. When we finally connected with her and got her to the table, the hostess apologized, but did not tell the waitress. She glared thru dinner.Special Features:
- Great food but way too loud!MmmaryDined on 10/24/2014Been back to this lovely setting several times. GH salads and dinner entrees are delicious. Service has always been quite attentive. Wine and drink selection is great. Would surely recommend it for the food and service. The ambiance is quite nice, although the noise level on the early Friday evening we ate there was unacceptable for a restaurant of this quality.Special Features:
- good neighborhood restaurantChicagoCriticVIPDined on 10/21/2014Decent wine list but if you want to bring your own a very high $30 charge...Special Features:
- Cute place!nustressmomDined on 10/18/2014Really liked the atmosphere of this restaurant. Seating was kind of tight and impossible to have privacy. The food was good, not great. I had the salmon and it was good but nothing special for the $30 cost. My husband had the guildhall burger and it was really good. The polenta shortcake was very good for dessert. This was an out of the way restaurant for us that was recommended for a "date night". It was good but not good enough for us to go out of our way to go back.Special Features:
- pretty good, but expensiveDavidDined on 10/18/2014The food was good, though the portions were pretty small. Pretty expensive. Cramped room, though pretty. Very loud - far too loud in the main dining room. Very attentive wait staff. Overpriced wine menu. It is convenient to Writer's Theater, but we will probably not return.Special Features:
- Downtown alive in the burbs...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014It's hard to replicate the energy, pace and authentic mojo of Chicago hot spots in the suburbs, but that's exactly what Guildhall has done, and is, every time. Pepe was our world class waiter and he knew the wine list and menu well, with reco's at the ready. The manager, Jerry, is also the real deal and sets a great tone as soon as you walk through the door. Great cocktails and bartenders, check! Great wait staff, check. Great apps, salads, chops, seafood and pasta with clams, check! Go, and you'll go again. Nice job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!SuburbaniteVIPDined on 10/14/2014We asked for a quieter table location this time and got a table where we could talk. It gets very noisy in the restaurant and it's popular and crowded even on a weekday. The salads were very good, especially the beet salad. The short ribs were tasty as was the salmon and the whitefish.
- Beautiful restaurant - avg foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/13/2014It's a shame that this restaurant is the only place to eat in Glencoe. It's beautiful and a great place to run into friends and neighbors, but the food quality has declined significantly since it opened. I only go when I absolutely do not want to leave Glencoe because it's very convenient and very pretty with food that is decent but really not good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantArlyVIPDined on 10/11/2014G ood food, service, nice ambiance. A little noisy.Special Features:
- Fantastic ServiceFoodNutVIPDined on 10/10/2014Location, food, and service all great. Our server was outstanding, and she should be the role model for all servers. We dine out on a regular basis (2 to 3 times a week) and can honestly say that she is the best in the business.Special Features:
- 2nd time around GREAT!marykayDined on 10/10/2014We tried Guildhall for the second time the other night. Our first experience when it opened was spotty, but this time it was spot on. The service was wonderful and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/4/2014The food was very good. The halibut was tasty and well prepared as was the beef brisket but not worth the cost. OpenTable list this restaurant as moderate price I disagree. Food and salad and you are over $80, and any side is extra. One drink apiece adds an additional $30. Muscato $17! The dessert was good but nothing special. Putting the halibut and beef in the same take home box resulted in tossing it out. Perhaps if you have a $14 hamburger and drink it would be considered moderate.
- Wonderful food, a bit noisySeymourSinglessDined on 10/3/2014We were adventurous and ordered entrees other than the popular hamburger. We were not disappointed. The tastes were awesome! We were glad to be there on a special occasion because the prices were on the expensive end. We were also glad to have been seated at a corner table because the bare floors and ceilings did little to cushion the din of all the diners' conversations. The food was definitely still worth the visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014Friendly greeting, water glasses were always filled when empty, had agreat time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place good food but needs-TravelQueenVIPDined on 9/30/2014The food was really good but certain items need work. I had the halibut and my dining partner had short ribs. Both were outstanding. We shared the tarte flambee forestiere which was - Wild Mushrooms, Gruyère, Crème Fraîche, Onion, Bacon. This was our appetizer and I could have eaten as a main course. It was so good. The side dish which was zucchini - horrible and the dessert, a warm apple brown sugar with oats was not warm and not good. The dessert menu is a disaster. They have a nice expensive wine glass and stem less wine glasses. Really? I had a lovely white wine that got warm very fast from me holding the glass. The service was really good. The ambience was lovely, but the menu still needs some work. Get wine glasses with stems.Special Features:
- Absolutely awfulAcemanVIPDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I went on Sunday evening and were seated at a table for two which was rather small and did not leave room to move. The menu is very limited. My wife's salad tasted awful, very acidic and fishy tasting. The restaurant ran out of steak which was a menu item - how do you run out of red meat by 6:00 p.m.? My wife ordered the spaghetti with wine sauce which ultimately came out dry as a bone. I had pork chops which were good but the potato side tasted terrible. Each time we said something to the waiter, he simply said he would mention it to the chef. Not once during the meal did anyone ask how our food was. The manager cared more about talking to people at the bar than checking in on the patrons.
- EmilyDined on 9/28/2014Great omelets, nice atmosphere. Was access and good parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!mcembryDined on 9/26/2014We were a party of 6 and were happy to have a round table, which we had requested. The service was very good, and everyone's food was excellent. The entrees were all wonderful! I especially enjoyed the salmon. We love the ambiance and the interior décor! I highly recommend a dinner at Guildhall!Special Features:
- StimpyDined on 9/20/2014food was excellent as was the service - our waiter was Pepe and he did a great job in helping us select our dinner choices, as well as our fabulous desserts - a little noisy but a great new Glencoe destinationSpecial Features:
- NICE..LOVETOEATOUTVIPDined on 9/19/2014THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT FOOD..TASTY STEAK,CAESAR SALAD,BREAD,CHEESECAKE.ETC..SERVICE SLOW DUE TO CROWD,BUT GREAT ATTITUDE OF SERVERS,DURING BUSY TIME..LOVELY DECOR..FELT LIKE FORT WALTON BEACH AREA...KEEP WORKING HARD AND CHANGING MENU..THANKS TO ALLSpecial Features:
- Beautiful balanceMy2centsDined on 9/16/2014The decor was classy but comfortable. Tastes were fresh but not overpowering. Service was attentive but not pushy. Atmosphere was vibrant but not loud. Although we didn't have a cocktail, rumor has this is a great spot for that. The bar area is inviting. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; so-so serviceChicagokateDined on 9/16/2014As usual, the food at Guildhall is interesting and well-prepared. We split an appetizer of fish carpaccio and it was delicious. My husband had the salmon (wonderful) and I had the orecchietti with lamb which was good. Our main waitperson was fine, if absent, but the person who delivered the food to the table just put it down with a "plunk" and a mumble. We were not made to feel at all important to anyone there. It was my husband's birthday, but we did not tell them. But, for the amount we spent, including a bottle of wine, we expected more gracious and attentive service no matter what the occasion. We live in Glencoe and have been there many times.Special Features:
- good foodimafoodieDined on 9/13/2014LOved all the choices except for the rapini it was too bitterSpecial Features:
- Waited for table with reservationfood4lifeDined on 9/13/2014We were very upset because we had an 8:30PM reservation. We arrived at 8:10PM and were not seated until 9:30PM. They initially took us to the kitchen area to eat with high top tables. It was not very nice back there and very hot. After waiting an hour for our table despite having a reservation, we were not happy. We then had to wait 10 more minutes until another table opened up. I also did not like my dinner. I ordered the halibut which was very plain and not good at all, even though it was $32.00. I did love the cucumber martinis and the ambience at Guildhall, but I would not recommend it. It is not worth the price tag. And they did not seem apologetic at all that we had waited so long for our table, even with our open table reservation.Special Features:
- Nice local restaurantamacbVIPDined on 9/12/2014Had been looking forward to Guildhall for quite a while, so was happy to get there. Met girlfriends for dinner. Shared a salad and dessert and then each had an entree. The food was good. Carrot salad was very flavorful. The halibut was very light, could have had a little bit more going on, but it was good. The blueberry cobbler was delicious. Only complaint was the waiter. Not particularly friendly and when asked for opinions, did not have them. In a restaurant like this, I expect the waiters to be able to provide suggestions when asked.Special Features:
- Always Great!DaveCVIPDined on 9/11/2014Every time we dine at Guildhall we enjoy it. Carmela is a fantastic Server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban energy in sleepy GlencoeEleanorDVIPDined on 9/9/2014From the creative list of craft beers and cocktails to a menu featuring new takes on old favorites, the Guildhall departs from its fine, but rather boring, suburban neighbors. Our uber fresh salads and intense desserts were excellent. Main courses (fish for my wife, meat for me) were very good though not exceptional. But the restaurant is not striving for the sublime, nor is it priced that way. Service was friendly and very helpful. My only complaint was the noise; if you don't shout you won't be heard. And this was on a Tuesday night!Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood restaurantSuburbaniteVIPDined on 9/8/2014Last visit was a Saturday night, some what noisy. This visit was a Monday night and all was different. Service, food and ambiance was great.Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014Had a very nice brunch here last Sunday. Shared a cinnamon donut that I would drive to just get a dozen of those. Great menu choices and killer Bloody Mary. Service was attentive which was nice as we were outside and it is easy to be overlooked when staff as inside and outside tables. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeonleonDined on 8/30/2014The noise level overshadowed the great food and better than average service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bright spot in the 'burbsOrlandoVisitorDined on 8/27/2014Guildhall never disappoints with a great menu, solid bar (try the side car!) and attentive service. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Wish I loved this placecsg479VIPDined on 8/24/2014This restaurant is in my neighborhood so I wished I loved it. The room is beautiful and the service is always good. (This was our sixth time there) but I just don't like the menu. When a burger is the only appealing thing in a place like this, something is missing. I hope they play with the menu now that summer is ending.Special Features: