1633 Williston Road
South Burlington, VT 05407Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.guildtavern.com/
- Phone: (802) 497-1207
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Solis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room able to accommodate up to 60 guests
- Private Party Contact: Scott Olmstead 8024971207x
- Special Events: Every Thursday is an Evening Out at Guild Tavern! These very informal, free-form events are designed to celebrate a select spirit, cocktail, wine/region/winery, food, farm, etc. These events are open to everyone; no tickets or reservations required. Just show up and join the conversation!
A word from Guild Tavern
Guild Tavern is a farm-to-table dining experience featuring dry aged, local beef, pork, and poultry grilled over Vermont hardwood. The menu offers casual tavern fare alongside classic steakhouse entrees, wood fired mixed grills, seafood and vegetarian options, and an innovative cocktail program.Continued
Join us for your next celebration--our private dining room is great for bringing family & friends together.
Join us for your next celebration--our private dining room is great for bringing family & friends together.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Guild Tavern - Best Restaurants in Burlington, VT ›
Guild Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)fit for foodies (101)good for groups (65)romantic (47)neighborhood gem (39)notable wine list (35)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- A Sensory Explosion !!VictorDined on 11/23/2014We dine at The Guild at least once or twice a week and the experience is consistently amazing !! We dine with parties of two to twelve and always leave smiling ! Thank You Guild Team !! Victor & CourtneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good steak house at a premiumfood4KASDined on 11/22/2014The food was perfectly cooked and delicious on all counts. Loved the steak tartar, as well as the faroe salmon. The NY strip was a gorgeous flavor off the wood fired grill. The marinated steak was also delicious although I thought the portion was minimal even though it came with a crabcake. The price however is a premium. The atmosphere outside is very commercial. Inside there is a fun screen made of meat grinders, the kitchen is open so that can be moderately interesting but overall the ambiance is not remarkable. The noise level was not noticeable but it was at 50% or less capacity. The full measure of service was also not tested given the numbers. I would go back for the food, but not the budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodiesearch21Dined on 11/22/2014The food is excellent and the staff cannot do enough for you. It's always a pleasure to visit this resultant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great service, a bit priceythipfanaticDined on 11/22/2014Our server was great, the food was great. We both had the special, a pork sandwich; it was incredible. Fries are awesome, too. Beer list is decent. Pricey place but we had a coupon so that helped. Otherwise, we probably won't go back, even though everything was great; it's just too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smells great inside - wood burning fire & stove.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014Nice and cozy, the menu has great pub fare and nice selection of entrees. Something for everyone. Try the Smugglers Notch vodka in a cosmopolitan - delicious. Great service the staff help each other and provide a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2014I'm a steak snob and normally only try them out at national brand names. I found the steak here as good or better than the national brands. Cooked to perfection, high end beef, fine wine and excellent staff all made this and enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service WAY TOO SLOWbrandigirlDined on 11/17/2014While the food itself tasted good, my husband ordered the chicken and received a very small chicken leg on a bed of mashed potatoes; it looked like a joke. It was not busy at all, yet it took 40 minutes just to get our salads. The service was excruciatingly slow, and other patrons in there were extremely loud. We have been to this restaurant before but will not be going back.
- Great dinner for two - excellent serviceotterDined on 11/17/2014Great service and excellent food and drink. My date really enjoyed herself, she was impressed. The menu is excellent and there are always delicious specials. The maitre di was super friendly and knew I was there on a date, she let us chat at the bar and gently moved us to a secluded table, perfect !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FriendlyhabinvtDined on 11/16/2014My wife and I have been to the Guild several times but this was the first time we brought our10-13 year old grand children and their parents. Wait staff were patient, courteous and helpful. The grand children enjoyed the quiet atmosphere of the Guild and dinner was made more enjoyable by the quality of the meals. We will return with our grand children..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real food people can eat hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014They do an excellent job sourcing and being upfront about what your being served. They're also very accommodating to gluten free eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice noisy dinnersumacDined on 11/12/2014Great food. Servers were very friendly and helpful. Biggest problem for us was noise. We had two older people with us and it was just a bit too noisy to be comfortable talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love TuesdaysDaisyMaeVIPDined on 11/11/2014Thanks for the Bivalves & Beer Tuesday special! Have to get our fix of both at least monthly if not more often. Great even though Hill's Edward was not on tap this week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lpeteVIPDined on 11/10/2014Monday night is half price wine night -- although only a few bottles are reduced. We went on Merlot & Cab day; still a good selection of price points and regions. My spouse had his go-to dish (steak frites) and I had mine (salmon.) The braised greens on the fish were great but it seemed like the lentil-mushroom ragout absorbed all of the buerre blanc. Steak frites is really good, as always.
- Quiet and Enjoyable Meal!!!!habinvtDined on 11/9/2014On a cold night as we were about to be seated, our hostess asked us if we would be more comfortable by the fireplace! The setting was perfect, the service first class and our meals arrived in a short time. Serving sizes were perfect and the meals cooked to perfection. Our waitress was appropriately attentive without being intrusive, We are never disappointed at the Guild!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal, pleasant atmosphere.lovegoodfoodDined on 11/8/2014Had to try Guild, after eating at, and loving, Farm House and El Cortijo, a few times each. Sorry to say, it's my least favorite of the 3. All our meals were very good, 3 of us had perfectly cooked, beautiful steaks. Cesar salad was delicious but over dressed, and the onion rings were tasteless, and way overpriced. Cocktails and wine were reasonably priced and excellent. It was really just the atmosphere that will keep us from coming back. The space lacks charm and has a chain restaurant or hotel restaurant feel. We were seated in a side room and felt cut off from the action. I prefer the energy of their other restaurants as well as the lower price. Will look forward to trying their new Italian restaurant on our next visit to Burlington.
- food remarkstarfishDined on 11/2/2014This was our first time there. Ordered the bluecheese burger as it was $10 burger night.(Good to have specials like that). The burger was so tasty. The only thing I was not pleased with was the fries. They were supposed to be steak fries as stated on the menu but they came to us kind of burnt and thin and not very pleasing looking, like they were the last of the batch. I was expecting "steak fries". Other wise the atmosphere and the restaurant itself was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner at Guildvtsoxfan04Dined on 11/2/2014Our family recently went to Guild Tavern to celebrate two birthdays. The food was excellent - not only the steaks, but also the Poutine, and the Chocolate Stout Cake! The beer drinkers in our group also liked the selection available. It is expensive, but worth it for a special occasion. The service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to do it again!JGfoodaholicDined on 10/31/2014Bartender suggested nice cocktails, and they did not disappoint, high quality ingredients superbly blended! Purple carrot soup was divine, filet was perfectly cooked, potato leek augratin extremely yummy, wait staff attentive. On a chilly night, try to reserve a fireside table. Very enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- Director of SalesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014The atmosphere was good and noise level tolerable. Service was excellent and appreciate the ability to move the bar tab to the dinner table.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerDiners2Dined on 10/26/2014First time at the restaurant and won't be our last. One of the best meals we've ever had. Service was great and the food was fantastic. Nicely done, in every aspect. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was superbmeamerhillDined on 10/26/2014Crab cakes were delicious, brownie dessert was sublime.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!foodiegourmetDined on 10/25/2014We had a group of 11 and the Guild managed us expertly. We had a lot of drinks, apps, entrees to keep straight and everyone got what they ordered. The steaks were delicious, but the people that had the NY strip, could not stop raving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like a chain restaurantDisappointedDined on 10/25/2014Based on their website and reviews I thought this would be an upscale, unique experience. It was OK but not fine dining. It used to be a Ground Round and it feels like it.Special Features:
- Date night October 25 2014lovegoodfoodDined on 10/25/2014The appetizers were small but very good, crab dip and spinach dip, red hen bread, yum. Salmon dish was very flavorful and done to my request, my companion's dishes were all very good I was told. They could use a few more fish and vegetarian dishes on the menu. I realize it is a steak house so I wasn't surprised. Wine list was also good, many options although more lower priced ones would have been appreciated. We were there for a couple hours and were not rushed, just what we like when out for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Done!krejci3944Dined on 10/25/2014Best Chicken Sandwich I have ever had! I will sample the beer list next time I go. Great service, great local food.Special Features:
- CherylouDined on 10/23/2014Absolutely a wonderful dining experience. The meal was terrific, and help from our waitress enabled us to enjoy new choices for dinner drinks. The service was excellent, our meals were outstanding, and we can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!65vetteDined on 10/14/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and they sent over champagne! The food and service was outstanding! We really enjoyed the whole experience. My husband had never been before and now he says its new favorite.Special Features:
- Good date placeLovefoodDined on 10/13/2014We had a blast started with a Bottle of wine and Oysters than moved to the Vermont cheese board Staff was fantastic we did not order our meal until a good hour after we had sat and had no pressure from the waiter. We ended up ordering 2 meals and sharing them. Highly recommend going early in the week and take your time and enjoy life, good food, and some wine. All said in done our tab was only $120!Special Features:
- Nice cut of meatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014I found the steak excellent, the cocktails phenomenal and the bleu cheese butter blew my mindSpecial Features:
- very small selections to order fromfattyDined on 10/11/2014I couldn't order a Bloody Mary because it wasn't natural food. Nor was there a selection of steaks other than Rib Eye or Filet Mingnon. No appetizer like sliced tomato and onion that I get in ALL of our local steak restaurants nor a shrimp cocktail even though they had oysters. The food was just okay. The ceaser salad was very good.
- Slow foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014you've heard of slow food as a term well this was slooowww... so the food was great but it took forever.. We didn't get our food until 2 hrs after we sat down.
- The Guildvtmimm62Dined on 10/5/2014Though it is an excellent restaurant, it is very pricey. There are many other places that have excellent steaks with less expensive price tags...we would go again, though probably just to order their specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Agreat food,excellent serviceAndyoDined on 10/4/2014We ate at the guild last Saturday night , we had a party of 4 adults and 3 small kids. The staff was very accomadating and the food and service were excellent as usual. I highly recommend this resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EverMae4545Dined on 10/3/2014The Guild has wonderful food. The steak is dry aged and the best. Lots of great artisanal cheeses and meats. Did I say the steak was the Brst!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Best steaks in town! Great atmosphere. It can be a little loud if it's really busy but still a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- resting on laurels?disappointed14VIPDined on 10/2/2014We've gone to Guild frequently since it opened. The last few times we've been disappointed--especially by the food. Perfect burgers and fries should be a no brainer here, but our burgers were tiny and the fries looked and tasted like they were reheated leftovers. Maybe this group is spreading itself too thin with too many restaurants too soon? I've heard similar complaints from friends about their other restaurants. Cost exceeds value by far. Service is friendly and pretty good, although our wine didn't arrive until we were half way through our main courses. She apologized for forgetting. We won't be in a hurry to go back, sadly
- Business OwnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014This place is fantastic. Great Steak. I've already recommended to several people -- a great place to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceKatherineDined on 9/30/2014Brought my SO here for his birthday dinner. Everything was excellent. I like the local source features. My only complaint was our waitress forgot to bring our leftovers ( and it was more than 1/2 my dinner as I filled up on bread ) and we didn't realize it till after we were home :(Special Features:
- Love TuesdaysDaisyMaeVIPDined on 9/30/2014The Tuesday specials are half-price oysters and drafts. That and a burger is all you need. Can't beat that!Special Features:
- Superb.BeerAndPancakesDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I were celebrating our one-year anniversary, and they really put on a show for us. I let them know in advance that we were interested in the tasting menu and they delightfully obliged. The food was cooked to perfection and we were treated so nicely. I'd say that you could certainly go there without a special occasion in mind, but it is specifically nice for special events as was ours.Special Features: