1633 Williston Road
South Burlington, VT 05407Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.guildtavern.com/
- Phone: 8024971207x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Solis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room able to accommodate up to 60 guests
- Private Party Contact: Scott Olmstead 8024971207x
- Special Events: Every Thursday is an Evening Out at Guild Tavern! These very informal, free-form events are designed to celebrate a select spirit, cocktail, wine/region/winery, food, farm, etc. These events are open to everyone; no tickets or reservations required. Just show up and join the conversation!
A word from Guild Tavern
Guild Tavern is a farm-to-table dining experience featuring dry aged, local beef, pork, and poultry grilled over Vermont hardwood. The menu offers casual tavern fare alongside classic steakhouse entrees, wood fired mixed grills, seafood and vegetarian options, and an innovative cocktail program.Continued
Join us for your next celebration--our private dining room is great for bringing family & friends together.
Join us for your next celebration--our private dining room is great for bringing family & friends together.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Guild Tavern - Best Restaurants in Burlington, VT ›
Guild Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)fit for foodies (83)good for groups (44)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (34)notable wine list (24)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (11)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good burgersMargieDined on 8/17/2014$10 burger night was awesome. I especially enjoyed the blue cheese burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014We went to have the $10 burger sunday night special. All of our burgers were perfectly grilled and very tasty. The menu overall is pricey but the quality is there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Was better service and food when it was Guild and Co. It lost something, class, quietness, service, and ambience.Special Features:
- ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED!FoodLoveDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I finally made a point to make it in after driving by a hundred times...... and we were SO HAPPY we did! This restaurant is perfect! Great food, great service, great atmosphere and a shout out to our fantabulous waitress R! Our meals were so unique and delicious and the burger my husband ordered almost brought us to our knees. I recommend this place a million times!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The group really enjoyed the food and drinks and would go again.Special Features:
- Truly Amazing Experience !!VictorDined on 8/10/2014In todays imperfect world, it is refreshing to see that some people strive for perfection and attain it ! The Guild Tavern is the place to leave imperfection behind and treat yourself to a truly amazing meal and service. The food is beyond belief and anything you order will be perfect but what also impressed me was the attention to detail down to the high quality wine glasses without one single water spot, clean cutlery and a high quality spotless steak knife that shined like a diamond in the sun! it sounds simple but as a world traveler, I find 99% of the high end restaurants don't get it right. A Huge Thank You to the Guild Tavern Team !! Victor & CourtneySpecial Features:
- LOVE LOVE LOVEnotafoodieDined on 8/8/2014We went for a special dinner as our daughter was visiting. Everything (almost) was amazing. The service is always great and the food usually is too. We were a party of 6. Our youngest is 8 and we struggled to find something for him to eat. We decided on ribs which he usually really likes. They weren't too saucy, which is nice, however it tasted quite strange we couldn't quite place the flavor. Not foul, just not good. Besides this, everything else was amazing. Their crab cakes are wonderful! Two of our children are avoiding meat and you would think we shouldn't have come to The Guild. However, quite the contrary. The fish was equally tasty and as special as the rest of their menu.Special Features:
- Very,very averageEKEMVIPDined on 8/6/2014We looked at trip advisor for dinner recommendations. I have no idea why this place is highly rated. The food is forgettable, prices absurd, and the interior dated. Reminded me of a "Longhorn" type place. Service was good so I credit their service efforts. There are much better resturants in Burlington.
- A winnerJimHDined on 8/6/2014This was simply an outstanding dining experience. from beginning to end it was memorable.Special Features:
- Very ProfessionalGuestDined on 8/2/2014Not only were our dinners outstanding, but the professional approach of all the staff was very apparent. When we left, we had forgotten our leftovers. They were kind enough to take them and put them in the fridge. I received a phone call letting me know that they were going to hold them for the night, in case we wanted to come back for them.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingTLewDined on 8/2/2014Considering the prices I would have expected much better. I wasn't enamored by my first trip there but the restaurant wasn't open that long so I gave it a pass. This time the spit chicken was underdone and fatty with little meat and baked beans were tough (underdone) and tasted too much of barbecue sauce. Brisket consisted of 1 slice and a small chunk of meat. Really? Sad to say the hors d'oeuvres were the best part of the meal. Not likely to return. Service was very good and timely
- Guild excellentBreadneckDined on 8/1/2014Having reservations, on a precious friday night, in the old Ground Round gave me reservations. Great cocktail menu featuring both old classics and inventive new ones. We mostly ordered the more french bistro items and they were excellent. Its hard to imagine Steak and frites being memorable, but the steak was one of the best I have had.Special Features:
- Ahhhhmazzing!artsyfartsyjoDined on 8/1/2014Educated staff. Divine food. Great ambience. Well done all the way around.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodAmazingFoodDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I have been to the Guild Tavern several times and have never had a bad experience. We just went to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. My wife's dish was the best meal that she had ever had and mine was outstanding as well. The drinks were fabulous and the ambiance was magical. Could not give this place a better review if I tried. It has become our new favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, especially the steaksMaryVTDined on 7/28/2014We have enjoyed the Guild as a dinner for 2, 4, 12 and been to a very large holiday party there. All were done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEZ1521Dined on 7/23/2014Amazing food, impeccable service, delicious drinks make Guild Tavern a must-do if you are in Burlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodBobcat1981Dined on 7/21/2014Salmon was excellent and the people who had the fillet said it was also excellent. The beet sauce for the salmon was very tasty. Rhubarb pie was very good for dessert. A bit pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special RestauranthabinvtDined on 7/20/2014It was my wife's first night out after her long convalescence. At 5:00 P.M., it was the perfect place to bring her! It was quiet, relaxed and the wait staff could not have been better! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceKathieDined on 7/19/2014Service is the absolute best at the Guild. The food was delicious. There is a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceShibadogDined on 7/19/2014This was my third visit and I was disappointed with the "Barbecue Special". Prior visits were woth it. The meat was average and the beans were terrible. It was not worth the $38.00 per meal excluding our appetizers, sides and drinks.
- Excellent food!FoodsiastDined on 7/15/2014Had dinner with a friend and as has been my experience in the past, the service is very good and the food great. My only complaint, again as in the past, the price point is high for the little that comes with the dinner. My choice was the mussels, which for the large serving, was $23.95 and came with a piece of toasted bread. Two hours later, I was hungry. Price aside, the food was fine, not flavorful, but cooked properly, and our waiter very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014We were here before and really enjoyed it. This time I decided to have their signature steak. At $48 it was disappointing. Good taste and texture but small. Everything else was outstanding. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Family DinnerlocalyokulDined on 7/9/2014There were 10 of us for a family dinner - everything from start to finish went off without a hitch! Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting decor, good local foodSamchildVIPDined on 7/7/2014Guild Tavern, replete with a wall of meat grinders, presents itself well, albeit darkly. Reminiscent of a medieval butcher festival, the meat offerings are solid, if not strong. The remainder of the menu is interesting, with more than a passing attempt to provide vegetarian options. Plating competence was suspect, though, as the kitchen served Maine mussels with more than 10% of the creatures closed tightly. We especially enjoyed the locavore emphasis, though. The special soup that night was smoked corn and black bean soup and it was terrific. Guild Tavern would be a better choice if they reduced their menu prices about 15%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food!ChrisdDined on 7/7/2014I had read the reviews (some really good, some disappointed), so I wasn't really sure what to expect. Yes, it can be pricey, but there are plenty of options for very reasonable entrees. I had the filet and it was fantastic. My date had steak, shrimp with seasonal veges and mashed potatoes and she ate it all - which she usually doesn't do. The service was attentive, although the meals came out before we were done our salad. If you haven't tried it, it's well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantVermontluv2dineDined on 7/7/2014We tried the Guild Restaurant for the first time. We were celebrating our 30 wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful experience. The food was delicious, the service was excellent and the ambiance was lovely. We have already recommended the Guild to several people and will continue to do so. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!BKBBDined on 7/6/2014We came to Guild to celebrate a special birthday. It did not disappoint! We shared the special appetizer of mussels with morels, which was outstanding. Not a drop of sauce was left on the plate! The chicken was extremely flavorful and delicious, the crab cakes decadent. The dry-aged porterhouse was cooked perfectly and celebration-worthy (which it should be at $48!). We visited early evening on a Sunday, so it was very quiet. Service was attentive. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ribs!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014The sauce on the baby back ribs is terrific! It gets a bit noisy but that's because its a popular place. Great coffee too!Special Features:
- Something for everyoneBarbDined on 7/4/2014I've been meaning to try Guild Tavern since they opened and finally made it out there tonight. I really like the atmosphere. The cocktail menu is great and the drinks are presented well. The menu is varied, so there's something for everyone. I like that there wasn't just one or two things that appealed to me. I opted for the salmon entree tonight and it was really delicious. Offering French press coffee is a huge bonus in my book. The service was good. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualpukanacheeDined on 7/3/2014We usually like the guild, but tried new BBQ items on their menu and were disappointed in the flavor. Also my husband was disappointed they had removed one of his favorites, fish & chips from the menu
- Good food, good servicebrandigirlDined on 6/28/2014We frequent this restaurant two to three times a month and the food is always great. Sometimes the service is a bit slow but other than that we always enjoy it. I would recommend making a reservation, especially on the weekends, otherwise you may not get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, slow servicefoolishdinerDined on 6/24/2014After a cross country flight with three children, we chose the Guild Tavern for its proximity to the airport. The menu selection was very good, lots of choices, and the food was excellent. Meats cooked just as we ordered them, oysters fresh and light, and French fries nice and crisp. Our only complaint was that service was slow, and it seemed more related to back-up in the kitchen than to wait staff. Our waiter kept us informed of progress, but that did not prevent the kids from becoming antsy. It was a busy (Tuesday) night, so the crowd may have been more than anticipated. Overall, a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- Vermont themeDontbringthekidsDined on 6/24/2014Decor was great inside. For the cost, I expected a much fancier restaurant. Overall, it fits a stereotype of Vermont Fancy I guess. Food was delicious but portions were on the small side. Disappointed my $28 entree did not have a salad included. Looking to come back, so I did like it. They have a 10 burger Sunday, which I am looking to try. Defiantly a restaurant I would come back for special occasions or a gift card given. To expensive for casual dining.Special Features:
- Great food and laid back atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014While the meat entrees are definitely the stars, we found several good vegetarian options. They were excellent at addressing my gluten intolerance. Food - especially the farm fresh meats and vegetables - were deliciously prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guild TaverntoniDined on 6/21/2014We loved the Guild Tavern! As we'd been told, the downside: it is NOT cheap. The rest is all positive: It uses VT produce and meats throughout the menu. The staff can answer just about any question & they've sampled menu items and can offer excellent suggestions. After looking through the menu we realized we wanted to sample a number of appetizers, so we made the compromise to do that and then split a filet mignon entree. Out server was not put out and even had each half cooked differently for us with no complaint about sharing or extra plates that some places put you through. Our mojitos were fabulous, the appetizers tasty & unusual, the salads with lobster were extravagant, and the filets so tender you truly could cut them with a spoon.Special Features:
- Loved it -- againpattiDined on 6/20/2014A real Gem. Great that they paid attention to food allergy. Great wine list.Special Features:
- excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014It was our anniversary the guilds staff did a outstanding job to make our evening special. The food was phenomenal. Thank you so much for that excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014We frequent this restaurant often...our recent experience was not consistent with what we come to expect from the Guild. It seems like servers were new and not organized.we sat for 15 minutes before we were acknowledged or a drink order was taken. Bar was backed up and we did not get beverages until after our oysters. Although our waitress kept apologizing, it was clear this Father's Day dinner was not going to be what I expected. Our steaks took so long, we were offered a complimentary cheese plate while we waited which was nice and quite tasty but by the time dinner came, I was not hungry. The taste and quality of the rib eye steaks was fabulous ,as usual and I am hopeful this experience was a one time snafuSpecial Features:
- Favorite Restaurant!BinaBabeDined on 6/15/2014My absolute favorite Restaurant! Great service, every time! Love the Oysters, Poutine, Steak Tartar, the Salmon is awesome, the Rib Eye for two is Devine! I love the House Salad, but decided to try the Ceasar Salad last time, it was the best I have ever tasted! Must have the Silver Gin Fizz every time, it is fabulous! I leave happy every time I go to The Guild! Can't wait until next time!Special Features:
- ECYLADined on 6/15/2014Five of us attended the Father's Day Brunch. The food was exceptionally delicious. Large well cooked shrimp with excellent cocktail sauce. The tenderloin beef at the carving station literally melted in our mouths. The bacon was also incredibly tasty. Eggs benedict superb. Our server was attentive and gracious. Needless to say, we truly enjoyed our meal and ambience.Special Features: