1633 Williston Road
South Burlington, VT 05407Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.guildtavern.com/
- Phone: 8024971207x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Solis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room able to accommodate up to 60 guests
- Private Party Contact: Scott Olmstead 8024971207x
- Special Events: Every Thursday is an Evening Out at Guild Tavern! These very informal, free-form events are designed to celebrate a select spirit, cocktail, wine/region/winery, food, farm, etc. These events are open to everyone; no tickets or reservations required. Just show up and join the conversation!
A word from Guild Tavern
Guild Tavern is a farm-to-table dining experience featuring dry aged, local beef, pork, and poultry grilled over Vermont hardwood. The menu offers casual tavern fare alongside classic steakhouse entrees, wood fired mixed grills, seafood and vegetarian options, and an innovative cocktail program.Continued
Join us for your next celebration--our private dining room is great for bringing family & friends together.
Join us for your next celebration--our private dining room is great for bringing family & friends together.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Guild Tavern - Best Restaurants in Burlington, VT ›
Guild Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)fit for foodies (83)good for groups (47)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (36)notable wine list (24)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (10)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Overall very goodEatsoutDined on 8/31/2014The food was very good and the waitress steered us in the right directions for first time guests. I recommended it to a few people I know in the area.Special Features:
- Perfect Restaurant for a Quiet MealhabinvtDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I came here for a quiet Sunday night dinner. This was our third visit to the Guild and once again we were not disappointed. The food was excellent; my wife had chicken and I had beef which was cooked to perfection. Our waitress was attentive and helpful, paying attention to details such as asking us if we might like a second plate of their bread! (we did!). We will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than EverMarcVIPDined on 8/29/2014I've been to The Guild Tavern before and it was excellent. Unfortunately at that time the service was a little stuffy and the prices were seemingly unreasonable. Now, they've revamped the menu. The higher end entrees are still there (and still worth every cent) but there is a greater variety. You can't beat the meat at this place - hands down, the best steaks in Vermont. The service at this time was excellent. I'm forgetting the waitresses name but she was outstanding. From the time you walked in there the staff was attentive and upbeat and SMILING. That alone adds value and helps create a great experience. We went for our anniversary and I can't think of a better choice. A great place for any special occasion. Truly special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakJCinBurlingtonDined on 8/29/2014The menu is a bit limited. Steak is the reason to go here. And while the prices are as high or higher than a Capital Grill or Ruth's Chris, the decor is more Bonanza or Western Sizzler - really plain and simple, with not much privacy. But the steak is so good that it makes the high prices and lack of ambiance nearly irrelevant. The bone-in ribeye for two is amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try It! You'll like it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Having the choice of an "all included" option gave us the opportunity to try something we normally wouldn't order, such as the oysters on the half shell that was included with our 5oz Filet Mignon meal...which was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lpeteVIPDined on 8/28/2014Delicious. Ordered the mixed grill (chicken & salmon) with 2 sauces, mashed potatoes and veggies. The entire group loved their dishes, and we had a good variety including steak, quinoa patties, tomato sandwich, BBQ chicken & salad. I have to give extra kudos to our server who divided the bill for each of our 7 diners.
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Service was friendly, but extremely slow. They could use more wait staff. Soups were very good. The "steak frites" were not like any we have ever had (and we have had them in Paris, Montreal, Chicago and elsewhere.). Thick floppy fries and slices of flank steak. We expected better and cannot recommend this restaurant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014The menu highlights the variety and availability of local products with seasonal offerings that are beautifully prepared and delicious. Portions are not huge but are perfectly adequate for an average appetite. The service is friendly and helpful without being intrusive. We have been to this restaurant several times and have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- .Steak Lovers PlaceYankfan1213Dined on 8/27/2014Great for steak eaters, Limited fresh fish options.Special Features:
- ChuckDDined on 8/26/2014Very attentive server and staff. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Soon to be backdinetimeDined on 8/25/2014My wife and I experienced our first visit to The Guild Tavern. The food and atmosphere was great - very appealing and well worth the visit. I pay very close attention to the service, and the staff at The Guild was outstanding. I will recommend The Guild Tavern to friends and family. My wife and I are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Delicious!guildloverDined on 8/23/2014A delicious meal and fine service! I liked being able to watch the kitchen in action. House tonic for my gin and tonic was a bonus.
- great spotvtturkeyDined on 8/23/2014Excellent service. Best steak around. Everything was top notch. But bring your checkbook its priced accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guild is greatMeganDined on 8/22/2014I looked over the menu and booked frankly because my favorite spots were already sold out. I liked the variety. What really pleased me was how good the food was, even though the menu itself seemed fairly standard. I had the crab cakes which I am very picky about, and I would say they are the best I have had outside of Maryland. We loved all of the items and it was a great evening.Special Features:
- Service took a turnLightEatersDined on 8/22/2014Waitress disappointed we ordered only water, and no appetizers. We are light-eaters. Waitress again appeared disappointed when I chose to split the filet Mignon dish with my daughter. The split dinner was MORE than enough food. I felt stuffed after eating, so I know I made the right decision. The quality of the food was outstanding. We did not order desert - due to birthday cake awaiting us at home. At end of meal, waitress plopped the check down with barely a glance at us, and certainly no thank you or "goodnight". I know that we may not have racked up a big bill (was $117 for 4), but we did enjoy the food and the restaurant. Please keep in mind that not all customers value quantity over quality. Visit date 8/22.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SteakRCcopterDined on 8/21/2014My Fillet was amazing. My wife had the brisket and it was the best I have ever tasted. A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of The Best !VictorDined on 8/21/2014Once again we had another out of this world experience ! Thank You Guild Team !Special Features:
- Good burgersMargieDined on 8/17/2014$10 burger night was awesome. I especially enjoyed the blue cheese burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good burgersvarietytasterDined on 8/17/2014We went to have the $10 burger sunday night special. All of our burgers were perfectly grilled and very tasty. The menu overall is pricey but the quality is there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Was better service and food when it was Guild and Co. It lost something, class, quietness, service, and ambience.Special Features:
- ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED!FoodLoveDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I finally made a point to make it in after driving by a hundred times...... and we were SO HAPPY we did! This restaurant is perfect! Great food, great service, great atmosphere and a shout out to our fantabulous waitress R! Our meals were so unique and delicious and the burger my husband ordered almost brought us to our knees. I recommend this place a million times!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The group really enjoyed the food and drinks and would go again.Special Features:
- Truly Amazing Experience !!VictorDined on 8/10/2014In todays imperfect world, it is refreshing to see that some people strive for perfection and attain it ! The Guild Tavern is the place to leave imperfection behind and treat yourself to a truly amazing meal and service. The food is beyond belief and anything you order will be perfect but what also impressed me was the attention to detail down to the high quality wine glasses without one single water spot, clean cutlery and a high quality spotless steak knife that shined like a diamond in the sun! it sounds simple but as a world traveler, I find 99% of the high end restaurants don't get it right. A Huge Thank You to the Guild Tavern Team !! Victor & CourtneySpecial Features:
- LOVE LOVE LOVEnotafoodieDined on 8/8/2014We went for a special dinner as our daughter was visiting. Everything (almost) was amazing. The service is always great and the food usually is too. We were a party of 6. Our youngest is 8 and we struggled to find something for him to eat. We decided on ribs which he usually really likes. They weren't too saucy, which is nice, however it tasted quite strange we couldn't quite place the flavor. Not foul, just not good. Besides this, everything else was amazing. Their crab cakes are wonderful! Two of our children are avoiding meat and you would think we shouldn't have come to The Guild. However, quite the contrary. The fish was equally tasty and as special as the rest of their menu.Special Features:
- Very,very averageEKEMVIPDined on 8/6/2014We looked at trip advisor for dinner recommendations. I have no idea why this place is highly rated. The food is forgettable, prices absurd, and the interior dated. Reminded me of a "Longhorn" type place. Service was good so I credit their service efforts. There are much better resturants in Burlington.
- A winnerJimHDined on 8/6/2014This was simply an outstanding dining experience. from beginning to end it was memorable.Special Features:
- Very ProfessionalGuestDined on 8/2/2014Not only were our dinners outstanding, but the professional approach of all the staff was very apparent. When we left, we had forgotten our leftovers. They were kind enough to take them and put them in the fridge. I received a phone call letting me know that they were going to hold them for the night, in case we wanted to come back for them.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingTLewDined on 8/2/2014Considering the prices I would have expected much better. I wasn't enamored by my first trip there but the restaurant wasn't open that long so I gave it a pass. This time the spit chicken was underdone and fatty with little meat and baked beans were tough (underdone) and tasted too much of barbecue sauce. Brisket consisted of 1 slice and a small chunk of meat. Really? Sad to say the hors d'oeuvres were the best part of the meal. Not likely to return. Service was very good and timely
- Guild excellentBreadneckDined on 8/1/2014Having reservations, on a precious friday night, in the old Ground Round gave me reservations. Great cocktail menu featuring both old classics and inventive new ones. We mostly ordered the more french bistro items and they were excellent. Its hard to imagine Steak and frites being memorable, but the steak was one of the best I have had.Special Features:
- Ahhhhmazzing!artsyfartsyjoDined on 8/1/2014Educated staff. Divine food. Great ambience. Well done all the way around.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodAmazingFoodDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I have been to the Guild Tavern several times and have never had a bad experience. We just went to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. My wife's dish was the best meal that she had ever had and mine was outstanding as well. The drinks were fabulous and the ambiance was magical. Could not give this place a better review if I tried. It has become our new favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, especially the steaksMaryVTDined on 7/28/2014We have enjoyed the Guild as a dinner for 2, 4, 12 and been to a very large holiday party there. All were done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEZ1521Dined on 7/23/2014Amazing food, impeccable service, delicious drinks make Guild Tavern a must-do if you are in Burlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodBobcat1981Dined on 7/21/2014Salmon was excellent and the people who had the fillet said it was also excellent. The beet sauce for the salmon was very tasty. Rhubarb pie was very good for dessert. A bit pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special RestauranthabinvtDined on 7/20/2014It was my wife's first night out after her long convalescence. At 5:00 P.M., it was the perfect place to bring her! It was quiet, relaxed and the wait staff could not have been better! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceKathieDined on 7/19/2014Service is the absolute best at the Guild. The food was delicious. There is a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceShibadogDined on 7/19/2014This was my third visit and I was disappointed with the "Barbecue Special". Prior visits were woth it. The meat was average and the beans were terrible. It was not worth the $38.00 per meal excluding our appetizers, sides and drinks.
- Excellent food!FoodsiastDined on 7/15/2014Had dinner with a friend and as has been my experience in the past, the service is very good and the food great. My only complaint, again as in the past, the price point is high for the little that comes with the dinner. My choice was the mussels, which for the large serving, was $23.95 and came with a piece of toasted bread. Two hours later, I was hungry. Price aside, the food was fine, not flavorful, but cooked properly, and our waiter very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014We were here before and really enjoyed it. This time I decided to have their signature steak. At $48 it was disappointing. Good taste and texture but small. Everything else was outstanding. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Family DinnerlocalyokulDined on 7/9/2014There were 10 of us for a family dinner - everything from start to finish went off without a hitch! Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.