1633 Williston Road
South Burlington, VT 05407Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.guildtavern.com/
- Phone: (802) 497-1207
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Solis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room able to accommodate up to 60 guests
- Private Party Contact: Scott Olmstead 8024971207x
- Special Events: Every Thursday is an Evening Out at Guild Tavern! These very informal, free-form events are designed to celebrate a select spirit, cocktail, wine/region/winery, food, farm, etc. These events are open to everyone; no tickets or reservations required. Just show up and join the conversation!
A word from Guild Tavern
Guild Tavern is a farm-to-table dining experience featuring dry aged, local beef, pork, and poultry grilled over Vermont hardwood. The menu offers casual tavern fare alongside classic steakhouse entrees, wood fired mixed grills, seafood and vegetarian options, and an innovative cocktail program.Continued
Join us for your next celebration--our private dining room is great for bringing family & friends together.
Join us for your next celebration--our private dining room is great for bringing family & friends together.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Guild Tavern - Best Restaurants in Burlington, VT ›
Guild Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)fit for foodies (102)good for groups (65)romantic (48)neighborhood gem (39)notable wine list (35)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very pleasant experienceYumYumVIPDined on 9/26/2014This isn't big-city chic dining, but really offers well prepared food, an upscale but relaxed steak house atmosphere and very down to earth service. There were couples on dates, families celebrating and everything in between. The tables were well spaced and it wasn't overly noisy. I would return for the filet, fresh veggies, great mashed potatoes and apple pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and food need to match $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Another disappointing experience - I think our last... The pace of the service was slow and when our waitress did come by, she seemed overwhelmed and was not very attentive. We waited over 10 minutes just to get our drinks (non-alcoholic) after ordering, she forgot to bring my salad (had to ask) and when my steak was served, she forgot to bring my side dish (also had to ask). My son ordered the steak off the children's menu, asked for medium, and it was well done/charred so he didn't eat it. (They did take it off our bill but she never came around to see how our food was, so it was too late/she didn't offer to get him a new one.) When you spend $200, you expect everyone to eat! We went to Al's following!
- Loved it!!foodieRossi5Dined on 9/26/2014Loved all the food..excellent!!! Only complaint is the poutine was WAY TOO SALTY!!! Would never order again. However my cocktail was really good..mixed grill option was absolutely perfectly amazing!! Brownie desert was fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but not worth a repeat visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014With a number of good restaurants in the area, this one would not be a first choice. The food was OK; not exceptional; a little pricey for what you received. Noise level was marginally acceptable. Service was excellent; friendly staff.
- Fun atmosphere but expensiveJTRD2Dined on 9/20/2014Several in our party ordered the Chef's Tasting and T-bone for two - both of which were very good but seemed expensive for the setting and service. Oysters were very briny. Two others in our group ordered the beef brisket and were very disappointed in their selection especially for the price of the dish - the brisket was overcooked and fatty. In all fairness, we did not approach the management about the brisket so it is unclear whether or not it would have been addressed. Specialty cocktails were fun, though! Atmosphere was lively too. Nice setting and ambiance for a group - but plan on it being an expensive night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LakedivaDined on 9/20/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Loved seeing the kitchen right there in the open. Overall, it got a little too loud as the night wore on and the place filled up. But otherwise, a great experience. No disappointing surprises. Just a nice time.Special Features:
- One of the Best Meals in BurlingtonWineAndDineDined on 9/19/2014Great food, good service, and wonderful ambiance and decor. Making reservations ahead is the way to go.Special Features:
- All around greatVeggieLoveDined on 9/19/2014I'll start with this: The wood fired local beef burgers are likely the best you'll ever have. Wrap that in a great space (both cozy and accommodating), great service, lovely wines, beer and cocktails, and you've got yourself the perfect spot for pretty much occasion, from easy weeknight out to celebration. Sure to delight even your sophisticated foodie friends from the Metro areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GingerDined on 9/19/2014Very disappointed and won't go back. I ordered a dinner salad with shrimp at nearly $25. It was supposed to have roasted beets and nuts as well as roasted shrimp. At that price, I expected a beautiful composed salad with lots of veggies. Instead I got wilted greens with two very small pieces of beet, one cherry tomato cut in half, one walnut piece and four small shrimp. Obviously, the Guild is a beef place (and I was with a friend who wanted beef) but everything else on the menu, including dinner salads should be high quality and worth the price. I would not be so negative if the salad was priced at $12-14 but I left the restaurant feeling ripped off.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodFlatlanderDined on 9/13/2014Loved the ease of making a reservation with Open Table. Seated by a few large parties at the far end of the restaurant.The volume was a little too loud for my liking. I was at a two top and had difficulty hearing across the table from my guest. Waitress was attentive and informative regarding the menu and spirits offered. Will definitely return only request a table closer to the grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFoodluverDined on 9/13/2014The dinner was very good, all of our choices were cooked correctly and tasted good The servers were very good and attentive.Special Features:
- Fantastic!FeinSchmeckerDined on 9/10/2014This was my third visit to this restaurant and it was wonderful as usual. The food and service were exceptional. Our server was attentive, knowledgeable, friendly and gave us just the right amount of attention. The food choices are great. Whether you're a steak lover or not, you will find something that suits your tastes. The chicken, crab cakes, salmon are all excellent. And of course, the steaks are fabulous. Try Guild, you won't be sorry.Special Features:
- Good food, proper serviceBTVfoodie32Dined on 9/5/2014Good food, proper service. Everything below is nitpicking: Steak tartar was good but not foodie level great - something about the balance wasn't perfect...but tell that to my clean plate. Bone in ribeye was a good piece of beef but came to the table solidly medium, not medium rare as I ordered. Again, clean plate. Overall a good meal and I'm sure I'll go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Food was good not great, certainly not worth the high prices and I won't be running back. I would recommend that your waitstaff dress up a bit and not wear faded jeans. The pricing doesn't match the expected professionalism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!Gsd1Dined on 9/5/2014Love the Guild! Our favorite restaurant! Will go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guild Tavern does it right!BinaBabeVIPDined on 9/4/2014The Guild never disappoints! Great service, great food, great wine list, great cocktails, great atmosphere, I love it all around! I'm very happy to find that Red Hen bread is back on the table, the focaccia did not cut it at The Guild. The Oysters and the Steak Tartar should not be missed! I highly recommend the House Salad. The house made sauces are a delicious addition to the sublime Bone-in Ribeye for two. I highly recommend the Salmon and also the Crab-cakes. The sides are always delicious! The French Press Coffee is a great way to end that delicious meal along with their numerous and fantastic desserts. My all around favorite restaurant has been The Guild since they opened. They provide a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice variety of local foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014The Guild Tavern is an awesome restaurant, that pays particular attention to serving great Vermont foods. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very goodEatsoutDined on 8/31/2014The food was very good and the waitress steered us in the right directions for first time guests. I recommended it to a few people I know in the area.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!!Patti2RayDined on 8/31/2014We were in Burlington to visit or daughter who works at the Guild. We like the layout of the restaurant, enjoyed our visit with her as our server and enjoyed our dinner! Thank you for the lovely dessert--blueberry pie--delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Restaurant for a Quiet MealhabinvtDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I came here for a quiet Sunday night dinner. This was our third visit to the Guild and once again we were not disappointed. The food was excellent; my wife had chicken and I had beef which was cooked to perfection. Our waitress was attentive and helpful, paying attention to details such as asking us if we might like a second plate of their bread! (we did!). We will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than EverMarcVIPDined on 8/29/2014I've been to The Guild Tavern before and it was excellent. Unfortunately at that time the service was a little stuffy and the prices were seemingly unreasonable. Now, they've revamped the menu. The higher end entrees are still there (and still worth every cent) but there is a greater variety. You can't beat the meat at this place - hands down, the best steaks in Vermont. The service at this time was excellent. I'm forgetting the waitresses name but she was outstanding. From the time you walked in there the staff was attentive and upbeat and SMILING. That alone adds value and helps create a great experience. We went for our anniversary and I can't think of a better choice. A great place for any special occasion. Truly special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakJCinBurlingtonDined on 8/29/2014The menu is a bit limited. Steak is the reason to go here. And while the prices are as high or higher than a Capital Grill or Ruth's Chris, the decor is more Bonanza or Western Sizzler - really plain and simple, with not much privacy. But the steak is so good that it makes the high prices and lack of ambiance nearly irrelevant. The bone-in ribeye for two is amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try It! You'll like it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Having the choice of an "all included" option gave us the opportunity to try something we normally wouldn't order, such as the oysters on the half shell that was included with our 5oz Filet Mignon meal...which was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lpeteVIPDined on 8/28/2014Delicious. Ordered the mixed grill (chicken & salmon) with 2 sauces, mashed potatoes and veggies. The entire group loved their dishes, and we had a good variety including steak, quinoa patties, tomato sandwich, BBQ chicken & salad. I have to give extra kudos to our server who divided the bill for each of our 7 diners.
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Service was friendly, but extremely slow. They could use more wait staff. Soups were very good. The "steak frites" were not like any we have ever had (and we have had them in Paris, Montreal, Chicago and elsewhere.). Thick floppy fries and slices of flank steak. We expected better and cannot recommend this restaurant.
- diningheroDined on 8/28/2014The menu highlights the variety and availability of local products with seasonal offerings that are beautifully prepared and delicious. Portions are not huge but are perfectly adequate for an average appetite. The service is friendly and helpful without being intrusive. We have been to this restaurant several times and have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- .Steak Lovers PlaceYankfan1213Dined on 8/27/2014Great for steak eaters, Limited fresh fish options.Special Features:
- ChuckDVIPDined on 8/26/2014Very attentive server and staff. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Soon to be backdinetimeDined on 8/25/2014My wife and I experienced our first visit to The Guild Tavern. The food and atmosphere was great - very appealing and well worth the visit. I pay very close attention to the service, and the staff at The Guild was outstanding. I will recommend The Guild Tavern to friends and family. My wife and I are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Delicious!guildloverDined on 8/23/2014A delicious meal and fine service! I liked being able to watch the kitchen in action. House tonic for my gin and tonic was a bonus.
- great spotvtturkeyDined on 8/23/2014Excellent service. Best steak around. Everything was top notch. But bring your checkbook its priced accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guild is greatMeganVIPDined on 8/22/2014I looked over the menu and booked frankly because my favorite spots were already sold out. I liked the variety. What really pleased me was how good the food was, even though the menu itself seemed fairly standard. I had the crab cakes which I am very picky about, and I would say they are the best I have had outside of Maryland. We loved all of the items and it was a great evening.Special Features:
- Service took a turnLightEatersDined on 8/22/2014Waitress disappointed we ordered only water, and no appetizers. We are light-eaters. Waitress again appeared disappointed when I chose to split the filet Mignon dish with my daughter. The split dinner was MORE than enough food. I felt stuffed after eating, so I know I made the right decision. The quality of the food was outstanding. We did not order desert - due to birthday cake awaiting us at home. At end of meal, waitress plopped the check down with barely a glance at us, and certainly no thank you or "goodnight". I know that we may not have racked up a big bill (was $117 for 4), but we did enjoy the food and the restaurant. Please keep in mind that not all customers value quantity over quality. Visit date 8/22.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SteakRCcopterDined on 8/21/2014My Fillet was amazing. My wife had the brisket and it was the best I have ever tasted. A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of The Best !VictorDined on 8/21/2014Once again we had another out of this world experience ! Thank You Guild Team !Special Features:
- Good burgersMargieDined on 8/17/2014$10 burger night was awesome. I especially enjoyed the blue cheese burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good burgersvarietytasterDined on 8/17/2014We went to have the $10 burger sunday night special. All of our burgers were perfectly grilled and very tasty. The menu overall is pricey but the quality is there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Was better service and food when it was Guild and Co. It lost something, class, quietness, service, and ambience.Special Features:
- ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED!FoodLoveDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I finally made a point to make it in after driving by a hundred times...... and we were SO HAPPY we did! This restaurant is perfect! Great food, great service, great atmosphere and a shout out to our fantabulous waitress R! Our meals were so unique and delicious and the burger my husband ordered almost brought us to our knees. I recommend this place a million times!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Ok food but not worth the $$$$foodismynumberonehobbyDined on 8/14/2014I really wanted to try some good food when I visited Vermont for my friend's wedding. I checked on yelp and finally found this restaurant which has high ratings and I have no problem with high prices. However, I don't find anything I had there to be worth the price. The place was set up to be cool and hip but in the end food really matters in a restaurant and this is exactly what I found lacking. I had their aged steaks and some other stuff I don't remember anymore (tells you how unimpressed I was about their food). I believe the steak was actually from a local ranch and I was totally expecting to have good food there. However, the steak was really bland and did not live up to the money I spent.