Guido's - West LA
11980 Santa Monica Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90025Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Guido's - West LA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.guidosla.com/
- Phone: 310-820-6649 x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alberto Paredes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Guido's LA has a private party room which can accommodate up to 40 people. We will also supply the whole restaurant if that is desired. Please contact us for menus and availability.
- Private Party Contact: Bryan 8884250742
A word from Guido's - West LA
Guido's Restaurant, in West LA, has been serving up authentic Northern Italian cuisine incorporating the freshest ingredients and traditional family-style recipes passed on from generation to generation. Keeping its original hand-carved wood accents, fireplace, and red booths since its opening in 1979, Guido's continues to keep a striking vintage appeal giving your dining experience a retro-chic feeling. With a dense wine list containing modest and high-end local favorites and imported wines from around the globe, and a fresh menu that includes everything from calamari to homemade lasagna and filet mignon - Guido's is bound to make your night out comfortable and unique. So whether you are sitting inside enjoying the ambiance near the fireplace, sipping a glass of that special bottle of wine from our cellar, or relaxing in the patio taking in the night breeze while sipping on a warm cappuccino, Guido's is your choice for a cozy-neighborhood restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Guido's - West LA reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)special occasion (28)romantic (27)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (18)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014We had a wonderful evening at Guido's, the atmosphere, ambiance, decor, were all just great setting the mood for the evening. The service was attentive, from the busboy to the waiter. The food arrived in a time frame that was not to quick or took to long. My daughter's shrimp were JUMBO as advertised, outstanding as she described. My meal was excellent as well, you can not go wrong with quaint neighbor restaurant.Special Features:
- guido'slunchingwithfriendsDined on 10/20/2014Always a consistent restaurant - we like the fish and veal entrees and the guido's saladI would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for our family dinnerLuv2dineVIPDined on 10/19/2014Nine of us enjoyed a dinner where everyone could tune into the conversation...no problem with excessive noise. The food is good as is the service. Prices mid-range. Generous cocktails. Pleasant ambiance with appropriate distance between tables.Special Features:
- Bad luckOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My date sprained her ankle walking through the parking lot. Tinged the whole evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- west side gemCWizardDined on 10/16/2014When we arrived there was no wait we were escorted to our seats immediately and were served drinks & bread before we had a chance to read the menu. I picked the lobster ravioli and my lady picked the catch of the day, the swordfish. We passed on appetizers as we felt (rightly) that the main with a salad would be enough. The salads were generous and tasty. The main course came on time (I think they were watching as we talk a lot) I was warned about the dinner being hot and I though; "Right I hear that a lot" WHOOOEEE Dinner was hot. The Swordfish was tender and flaverful, the Ravioli was good with plenty of sauce. Dessert was Tiramisu with two forks, one cappuccino and one espresso. Service was excellent and unobtrusive.Special Features:
- 1.5 hour wait for food.eidcoDined on 10/11/2014Guido's has good Italian food and on the weekends has a great guitarist entertaining everyone. I'm not sure what goes on in the kitchen, but our order took 1.5 hours to get to the table. Our appetizer came right out and then we waited and waited and waited for the entree. The waiter kept apologizing, but gave no reason for the wait. Finally when our orders came no one offered us parmesan cheese and we were so hungry by then that we went over and picked up some from the waiter's cart AND no one even noticed.Special Features:
- GuidosOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Our favorite local restaurant but we hadn't been on a Sat. night lately. They now have a guitarist I guess on Sat. nights. I am still hoarse from trying to talk to the people at our table. It was a nightmare. Never again. The restaurant is too small (esp. when crowded) to add a guitar player to the mix. I couldn't tell you what the other couple said at our table because I couldn't hear a word they said. Who ever thought this would be a good idea does not know their clientele or have any sense of what is normal noise for a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone was nice except ...2014eggplantDined on 10/5/2014Please see private note to restaurant below. Thank you. Thank you for allowing me to comment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/4/2014They should go back to the way they used to serve butter instead of having to peel the butter pats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressions is everythingTwinklyLightsDined on 10/3/2014Last Friday night my husband and I made an online reservation for Guidos. It looked inviting and romantic and was with in walking distance. The host at the restaurant was not very inviting. He barely acknowledged us and then told us to wait. There was a half an hour wait...and at 8:00 he took us to our "table" It was a tiny table that had been shoved on the end of a long line of tiny tables only 6 inches from each other. Not romantic at all, and not acceptable as we told the host. He gave us major attitude and told us to wait even longer. Finally 45 minutes after our reservation we were seated at a booth. It was lovely, but it the food was sloppy and overpriced and gave us a stomach ache. The waiter was subpar as well. Not a great night.Special Features:
- Always on SundayLuv2dineVIPDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I frequent this restaurant on Sundays after the movies at the Landmark. We find it fairly priced, enjoy their pastas, chicken Milanaese, and Parmesan (also with eggplant and Parmesan). I think you will like the quiet ambiance (old world)......nice big booths, gracious waiters, generous drinks, etc. Now if they could just improve their bread, it would be a total winner!Special Features:
- First time at Guido'sDSM33LADined on 9/24/2014This was exactly the atmosphere I was hoping for when I booked my reservation: quiet, classy, personal and romantic. The food was impeccable and the prices completely reasonable. Featured both a moody, candle-lit indoor arrangement as well as an open, Italian-style enclosed outdoor option. The server was attentive and friendly, and the experience was as memorable as I had anticipated! I will certainly return and I recommend Guido's to others who appreciate an sophisticated, tasteful dining experience with quality dishes and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Noise/No Music/Good FoodLuv2dineVIPDined on 9/21/2014We know the "in thing" at restaurants these days noise and music,, but we welcome the lack of both and comfortable red booths that provide a degree of privacy. Our dinner usually runs about $90 for three of us on Sunday nights. We order one Scotch (not stingy), one glass of wine, two Italian (Guido's) Salads with Salami and Garbanzo beans.....plus any of these dishes (two entrees shared for 3)....Chicken Parmesean, Chicken Milanaise, Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce, Penne Bolognaise. All are plentiful and good. The only thing we don't like is the bread. What ever happened to Bread Sticks, good sour dough?Special Features:
- Guido's is fantasticcyncyndiDined on 9/20/2014I've only been here twice - and both times received excellent service and delicious food. It feels like an old school Italian restaurant in NYC (except you can also sit outdoors) - it has a great feel and vibe. Our waiter was outstanding. It's not that close to where I live, but I will be going back.Special Features:
- Say good night, GuidoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2014Friend brought me who had been there many times and to their other locations. Very dissapointed but my friend was insensed and said this place has gone down hill and fast! Wilted lettuce was the opener. Place needs some paint, chipped tile repair and a make-over on the exterior and the kitchen needs one of those Food Network shows to come in and kick-em in the teeth for a wake up call. Unless that happens, say good night Guido!Special Features:
- A Good RestaurantLuv2dineVIPDined on 9/13/2014Ok, the bread is weak except for the Foccacio. After that it picks up.....we love the chopped Guido's Salad, pastas are good as is the Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Milanaise. Service is very good and the quiet atmosphere (old fashioned red booths) lends itself to conversation. We frequent the restaurant close to 3 times per month so it is a favorite.....with a few minor corrections it could become outstanding instead of very good.Special Features:
- Family DinnerMamaKDined on 9/13/2014We recently had a family dinner for 7 at Guido's. The service was wonderful - attentive, personable, yet not invasive. We had a lovely dinner at a round table which allowed us to enjoy conversation. The ambience was inviting and we plan to return for a quiet dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McFoodieDined on 9/10/2014Love Guido's the food is always amazing. The wait staff is spot on. The only thing i can't speak to is the wine list because I don't drink.Special Features:
- Wonderful FoodmimikDined on 9/2/2014We've eaten here many times and the food has always been wonderful. Even though it wasn't on the lunch menu, the waiter told me they could make the steamed clams which I love. Normally I would order the veal piccata. My friends enjoyed the shrimp with linguine and the chicken piccata. They said the tiramisu was the best they ever had.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentAlwayshungryVIPDined on 8/30/2014The Guido Salad is a must. Great fish, fresh pastas fine steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guido'sNiceVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is an old-time Italian dinner house, with beautiful red booth banquettes, amazing bread, and a fine variety of foods. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Family Dinner in PatioLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/17/201412 of us celebrated joint birthdays in the patio at Guidos. Pleasant surroundings without noise lend to great conversation...perfect for our large dinner party. Food is good, prices fair and service is pleasant. All in all a safe bet for a pleasant evening in "old days" environment.Special Features:
- Luv2dineVIPDined on 8/10/2014If you like: to hear your dining partner's conversation......old world ambiance.....big red booths.....good service......you will probably be pleased at Guido's. The three of us enjoyed two Guido Italian Salads with salami, one chicken/eggplant Parmesian, one marinara spaghetti shared by two, one steamed spinach, one scotch and one glass of wine. The cost was $90 including tip. Good value in this day and age and all the food was very good.Special Features:
- Food was greatCAM5VIPDined on 8/7/2014The food and service was good but we made the mistake of eating outside. There were too many flies. It was hard to eat and swat at the same time. Will go back but will eat inside.Special Features:
- DJDG45Dined on 8/2/2014The food is always good at Guido's. The service wasn't quite as good as we' ve experienced in prior visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RICHARD7620Dined on 8/1/2014Dinner was great! We took a friend for her birthday and she can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable and GoodLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/27/2014Service is always good as is the food. Foccacio is very good (relatively new addition), but the bread is only fair in my opinion. Love the chopped Italian Salad. Pasta dishes are cooked well. We like this restaurant as we can hear each other talk and the tables have an appropriate distance for privacy. Prices are in the middle range, but fair. Looks like an Italian restaurant of the 60's.Special Features:
- Step Back in TimeLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/20/2014If you grew up in the 60's where big red booths were the ticket for success in running an Italian restaurant, you will enjoy the ambiance at Guido's....yes it's behind the times where noise is king. but once in awhile it is pleasant to be able to talk while dining. Service is always good. I had the Chicken Parmesian the other night and enjoyed it. The others in our party had a Pasta Pomodoro and liked it. The Italian Chopped Salad is very good. Foccaccio is enjoyable....other bread selection could be improved. Drinks are generous and the service is excellent. Prices are in line. Dinner for the four of us was $120......3 cocktails total, 2 salads split for four of us, 3 entrees split, one steamed spinach.
- Lovely dinnerseefooddietDined on 7/18/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday with friends and we all thoroughly enjoyed the dinner and the service . Noise level a little high fo us - but we are hard of hearingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly wonderful, as usual!cathieloloVIPDined on 7/16/2014Thanks you again, Guido's! Brought another Guido's "virgin" plus another friend who has only been to Guido's for dinner, and both were utterly delighted, as was I. Thanks for everything!Special Features:
- Great Spot for Food and WineDrShorterVIPDined on 7/15/2014Guido's is always an enjoyable experience, even if they make a few mistakes here or there. I'll get those out of the way: the "very dirty martini with extra olives" came with two olives. The server's assistance twice tried to take our plates away with food still on them that we were enjoying. Ok, now for the good stuff: the carpaccio is excellent, the drinks fantastic, the wine great, the service attentive, and the lamb chops were to die for. I really enjoy coming here and will continue to do so even when there are some odd little things I wish they'd be better at.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014Guido's is deceiving from the outside, but is gorgeous on the inside. Classic Italian, romantic atmosphere. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Back to the 50'sLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/13/2014If you are old enough to remember the 50's where most Italian restaurants had red booths, captains in tuxes and a quiet atmosphere allowed you to talk......in a dimly lit room .....try Guido's to relive the experience. The bread is not great (Foccacio a new addition is fairly good....how about a good sour dough and bread sticks?). The five of us (two grandchildren) started with two chopped Guido's Salad with Salami. We had an Arrabiata Penne (over sauced to my taste, spicy and good) and two orders of Pomodoro Spaghetti that were enjoyable as well as one steamed spinach, plus two cocktails and two Shirley Temples. Bill was about $115.00. Perfect for our family outing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014First time at Guido's. They had a perfect table for our group of 9. The food was excellent and the service was courteous and prompt. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- LOVE GUIDO's!!cathieloloVIPDined on 7/10/2014Thanks so much for always being so accommodating and wonderful! From the host, to the wait staff, to the food - everything is always EXCELLENT! Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I could rate it higherrangodogVIPDined on 7/6/2014Sadly the food was fair to good. Not at all like what I had remembered. Had cippino....was salty and the seafood didn't taste all that fresh. Ceasar salad was most disappointing. Used to be delicious. Friend had veal and it was so tough (like shoeleather) sent it back. Another friend has salmon...said it was good, but wouldn't order again...also...to salty. Don't know what happened here??? Perhaps a different chef??? or new owners???? Needs a little help..could be such a fabulous restaurantSpecial Features:
- Daddy/daughter date night success!Luv2eatDined on 7/3/2014I had purchased a Paintnite Groupon for my dad for Father's Day ... and the paint event happened to be at Guidos (on the patio). I went ahead and made reservations to eat there before our painting class. Needless to say, Guidos did not disappoint! The staff seated us 30 minutes before our reservation time (thank goodness because we were starving!), were extremely attentive, and our waiter had a great sense of humor. The food was delicious and the ambiance was very quaint. My dad and I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014A terrific throw-back to the old traditional Italian restaurants. Food delicious, great service, small bar with TV for those who want a different experience. Highly recommend this wonderful and friendly neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- The following 281 reviews are from the Guido's - West LA reviews archive.
- InternationalfoodieVIPDined on 6/19/2014One of the few remaining genuinely "Old School" restaurants on the West Side. It has that great low light, read leather booth, aging but elegant '50s quality to it that is just the antithesis of the hip, trendy, loud, hipster-overrun restaurants that are everywhere. A great place for a drink, some quiet conversation, and reliable American-Itlaian food. Staff is warm, friendly and welcoming. I love this place for a get-away from it all, relaxed evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch!CAM5VIPDined on 6/17/2014There were 5 of us. Everyone loved their food and dessert. The atmosphere is great. The service a little slow and did not offer to read specials or offer dessert without having to ask. But it was another wonderful time at Guido's and we will be back soon!Special Features: