Guido's - West LA
11980 Santa Monica Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90025Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Guido's - West LA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.guidosla.com/
- Phone: 310-820-6649 x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alberto Paredes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Guido's LA has a private party room which can accommodate up to 40 people. We will also supply the whole restaurant if that is desired. Please contact us for menus and availability.
- Private Party Contact: Bryan 8884250742
A word from Guido's - West LA
Guido's Restaurant, in West LA, has been serving up authentic Northern Italian cuisine incorporating the freshest ingredients and traditional family-style recipes passed on from generation to generation. Keeping its original hand-carved wood accents, fireplace, and red booths since its opening in 1979, Guido's continues to keep a striking vintage appeal giving your dining experience a retro-chic feeling. With a dense wine list containing modest and high-end local favorites and imported wines from around the globe, and a fresh menu that includes everything from calamari to homemade lasagna and filet mignon - Guido's is bound to make your night out comfortable and unique. So whether you are sitting inside enjoying the ambiance near the fireplace, sipping a glass of that special bottle of wine from our cellar, or relaxing in the patio taking in the night breeze while sipping on a warm cappuccino, Guido's is your choice for a cozy-neighborhood restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Guido's - West LA reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (29)romantic (29)good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Consistently ExcellentAlwayshungryVIPDined on 8/30/2014The Guido Salad is a must. Great fish, fresh pastas fine steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guido'sNiceVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is an old-time Italian dinner house, with beautiful red booth banquettes, amazing bread, and a fine variety of foods. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Family Dinner in PatioLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/17/201412 of us celebrated joint birthdays in the patio at Guidos. Pleasant surroundings without noise lend to great conversation...perfect for our large dinner party. Food is good, prices fair and service is pleasant. All in all a safe bet for a pleasant evening in "old days" environment.Special Features:
- Luv2dineVIPDined on 8/10/2014If you like: to hear your dining partner's conversation......old world ambiance.....big red booths.....good service......you will probably be pleased at Guido's. The three of us enjoyed two Guido Italian Salads with salami, one chicken/eggplant Parmesian, one marinara spaghetti shared by two, one steamed spinach, one scotch and one glass of wine. The cost was $90 including tip. Good value in this day and age and all the food was very good.Special Features:
- Food was greatCAM5VIPDined on 8/7/2014The food and service was good but we made the mistake of eating outside. There were too many flies. It was hard to eat and swat at the same time. Will go back but will eat inside.Special Features:
- DJDG45Dined on 8/2/2014The food is always good at Guido's. The service wasn't quite as good as we' ve experienced in prior visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RICHARD7620Dined on 8/1/2014Dinner was great! We took a friend for her birthday and she can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable and GoodLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/27/2014Service is always good as is the food. Foccacio is very good (relatively new addition), but the bread is only fair in my opinion. Love the chopped Italian Salad. Pasta dishes are cooked well. We like this restaurant as we can hear each other talk and the tables have an appropriate distance for privacy. Prices are in the middle range, but fair. Looks like an Italian restaurant of the 60's.Special Features:
- Step Back in TimeLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/20/2014If you grew up in the 60's where big red booths were the ticket for success in running an Italian restaurant, you will enjoy the ambiance at Guido's....yes it's behind the times where noise is king. but once in awhile it is pleasant to be able to talk while dining. Service is always good. I had the Chicken Parmesian the other night and enjoyed it. The others in our party had a Pasta Pomodoro and liked it. The Italian Chopped Salad is very good. Foccaccio is enjoyable....other bread selection could be improved. Drinks are generous and the service is excellent. Prices are in line. Dinner for the four of us was $120......3 cocktails total, 2 salads split for four of us, 3 entrees split, one steamed spinach.
- Lovely dinnerseefooddietDined on 7/18/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday with friends and we all thoroughly enjoyed the dinner and the service . Noise level a little high fo us - but we are hard of hearingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly wonderful, as usual!cathieloloVIPDined on 7/16/2014Thanks you again, Guido's! Brought another Guido's "virgin" plus another friend who has only been to Guido's for dinner, and both were utterly delighted, as was I. Thanks for everything!Special Features:
- Great Spot for Food and WineDrShorterDined on 7/15/2014Guido's is always an enjoyable experience, even if they make a few mistakes here or there. I'll get those out of the way: the "very dirty martini with extra olives" came with two olives. The server's assistance twice tried to take our plates away with food still on them that we were enjoying. Ok, now for the good stuff: the carpaccio is excellent, the drinks fantastic, the wine great, the service attentive, and the lamb chops were to die for. I really enjoy coming here and will continue to do so even when there are some odd little things I wish they'd be better at.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014Guido's is deceiving from the outside, but is gorgeous on the inside. Classic Italian, romantic atmosphere. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Back to the 50'sLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/13/2014If you are old enough to remember the 50's where most Italian restaurants had red booths, captains in tuxes and a quiet atmosphere allowed you to talk......in a dimly lit room .....try Guido's to relive the experience. The bread is not great (Foccacio a new addition is fairly good....how about a good sour dough and bread sticks?). The five of us (two grandchildren) started with two chopped Guido's Salad with Salami. We had an Arrabiata Penne (over sauced to my taste, spicy and good) and two orders of Pomodoro Spaghetti that were enjoyable as well as one steamed spinach, plus two cocktails and two Shirley Temples. Bill was about $115.00. Perfect for our family outing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014First time at Guido's. They had a perfect table for our group of 9. The food was excellent and the service was courteous and prompt. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- LOVE GUIDO's!!cathieloloVIPDined on 7/10/2014Thanks so much for always being so accommodating and wonderful! From the host, to the wait staff, to the food - everything is always EXCELLENT! Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I could rate it higherrangodogVIPDined on 7/6/2014Sadly the food was fair to good. Not at all like what I had remembered. Had cippino....was salty and the seafood didn't taste all that fresh. Ceasar salad was most disappointing. Used to be delicious. Friend had veal and it was so tough (like shoeleather) sent it back. Another friend has salmon...said it was good, but wouldn't order again...also...to salty. Don't know what happened here??? Perhaps a different chef??? or new owners???? Needs a little help..could be such a fabulous restaurantSpecial Features:
- Daddy/daughter date night success!Luv2eatDined on 7/3/2014I had purchased a Paintnite Groupon for my dad for Father's Day ... and the paint event happened to be at Guidos (on the patio). I went ahead and made reservations to eat there before our painting class. Needless to say, Guidos did not disappoint! The staff seated us 30 minutes before our reservation time (thank goodness because we were starving!), were extremely attentive, and our waiter had a great sense of humor. The food was delicious and the ambiance was very quaint. My dad and I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014A terrific throw-back to the old traditional Italian restaurants. Food delicious, great service, small bar with TV for those who want a different experience. Highly recommend this wonderful and friendly neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- InternationalfoodieVIPDined on 6/19/2014One of the few remaining genuinely "Old School" restaurants on the West Side. It has that great low light, read leather booth, aging but elegant '50s quality to it that is just the antithesis of the hip, trendy, loud, hipster-overrun restaurants that are everywhere. A great place for a drink, some quiet conversation, and reliable American-Itlaian food. Staff is warm, friendly and welcoming. I love this place for a get-away from it all, relaxed evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch!CAM5VIPDined on 6/17/2014There were 5 of us. Everyone loved their food and dessert. The atmosphere is great. The service a little slow and did not offer to read specials or offer dessert without having to ask. But it was another wonderful time at Guido's and we will be back soon!Special Features:
- My Godfather Guy Enjoyed Guido'sKristinaDined on 6/14/2014My husband George loves the Godfather films. He looks a little like Pacino, too. We decided to create a Godfather-themed evening for him, so I set out on Yelp to find the perfect restaurant that looked Old World Italian...somewhere a "meeting" would take place between Michael Corleone and a contact. Guido's offered the perfect setting. We also gave him authentic Godfather merchandise featuring Marlon Brando saying, "Call me Godfather." He was really impressed with Guido's and loved the food, service, and most of all, the ambience. We live out in Glendora, about 20 minutes east of Pasadena, so it was quite a drive to get there, but was worth it all. The prices were reasonable as well. Thank you for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time for dinner - GREAT!cathieloloVIPDined on 6/13/2014I dined for the first time for dinner, as I usually go for lunch. It was great, as I knew it would be. I went with a high maintenance friend, and the wait staff accommodated her beautifully. Highly recommended! Thank you, Guido's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sport ever!LissylizzDined on 6/11/2014My mom and I went for lunch. Have to say best service and food. They are way better then Oliva garden and CNO.. My mom took my father and bro out to dinner here and they also loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandieVIPDined on 6/10/2014We were celebrating my daughter's 36 birthday. We were allowed to bring our own cake at no extra charge. Our cake was stored in the restaurants refrigerator and brought to us at the end of the dinner with candles and cake plates. The service was outstanding and our waiter was fantastic. Food and drinks were great. All and all, a great night! Thanks and a special thank you to our waiter!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceCAM5VIPDined on 6/4/2014Had a wonderful lunch. Service was great, food was yummy and dessert was very good. Can't wait to go back!!! 5 stars all the way!Special Features:
- Guido's: My getawaycathieloloVIPDined on 5/22/2014Always love dining at Guido's for lunch - it's truly a getaway for me during my hectic workweek. I feel refreshed afterwards. Try it - you'll love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Courtly old world serviceCarlosDined on 5/17/2014Lovely old world atmosphere and service. A nice comfortable setting with low noise level. The food was traditional Italian and my only criticism was the restaurant was too dark.Special Features:
- Old school elegance updatedVegGourmetDined on 5/15/2014Guido's used to be noted for its dark red booths and formal wait staff. It's been given a fresh look and menu. There's a whole section of the menu devoted to vegetarian options, all of which are fresh and delicious. And the place is still elegant. It makes for a very charming evening out on the West side.Special Features:
- The following 271 reviews are from the Guido's - West LA reviews archive.
- consistently great after many yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2014It's always a pleasure to dine at this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally tried Guido'sfoodsearch66Dined on 4/17/2014Guido's is an old school neighborhood find. The food is good. The bar scene looked fun for over 30. The kind of restaurant you would see on a tv show.Special Features:
- Great dining.VinciDined on 4/13/2014Excellent aromatic dishes served hot. Excellent service and a friendly atmosphere. One of my favorites. Highly recommend this place for Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good svc, 1complaintMelisSwellVIPDined on 3/30/2014They were super helpful with our group's needs and dietary issues. One couldn't have spicy food, one couldn't have dairy, one with an egg allergy, etc. We were there for a birthday celebration and wanted something with a low key vibe but upscale. This was the perfect place. I had the white-fish fish special and told my companions that it was probably the best fish dish I'd eaten all year. One complaint: we had to send back 4 (or more) sets of silverware. All had visible chunks of food stuck to them. Not cool. That should be an easy fix and I hope that they fix it soon because I want to return. A great restaurant but check the silverware.Special Features:
- A Blast from the PastLuv2dineVIPDined on 3/23/2014Bring back the good old days.....you can hear yourself talk, big red booths, good service all add to the ambiance at Guido's. The bread has improved with a nice Foccacio and sour dough that are heated....on to a great chopped salad. Entrees were good....we shared two for three enjoy the Chicken Parmesian and Angel Hair Marinara. Service was excellent. You won't see the young jet set, but I do think you will enjoy your experience.
- Most enjoyable dining experience!DJDG45Dined on 3/22/2014Have lived in Santa Monica/Westside for many, many years and this was first time at Guido's. Good service, food was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guido's RocksCindiDined on 3/17/2014I've been coming to Guido's for almost 40 years and it feels like home to me and my family. The food is always good the service is great and the environment is charming, cozy, comfortable and romantic. It has that sort of old school feeling which I love and just can't seem to find a place quite like Guido's anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For decades, my wife and ILarryVIPDined on 3/15/2014For decades, my wife and I used to go to Guido's when we wanted an elegant evening. It has been several years since our last visit as we live in the Valley and have avoided the 405 as much as possible during its long construction. However, we recently bought a Groupon with a "can't say no" deal. I'm glad we had it because Guido's was not anywhere near what we remembered. Yes, it is still a lovely place with subdued lighting and red leather booths. But, the food was no more than 3 stars and the personalities of the servers was taciturn. All in all, we will not be returning soon.Special Features:
- pretty goodbinbinVIPDined on 3/9/2014Went w/a groupon, Groupon , open table and their own websote don't mention that only option is valet parking for $4.00 per car. Anyway, food pretty good, service slow. I was on the lookout for them to cxl my res based on previous reviews and they did right when we left. emailed open table and they pointed out that if I make res after looking at restaurant site it wont give me points. But open table gave them to me so all good. I would def go back and try again.
- Such a great getaway for lunch!cathieloloVIPDined on 3/6/2014Always feel like I've left the "maddening crowd" when I dine at Guido's. It's out of the way and WONDERFUL, in EVERY way! Thank you, Guido's! You are all THE BEST! C. ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hear yourself talkdlbeatsout33Dined on 2/27/2014Guido's is a place to go for a romantic dinner, with good food, and a place where you and your significant other can talk and listen intimately without yelling. It creates a very romantic atmosphere. I love the place and would recommend it highly..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.