Guido's - Calabasas
23536 Calabasas Road
Calabasas, CA 91302Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Guido's - Calabasas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.guidosgroup.com/
- Phone: 8182226969
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Daily Happy Hour: Tuesday-Sunday 4:30p.m.-7p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Alberto Padres
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Specific menu's tailored specifically for any special celebrations; for family and friends.
- Private Party Facilities: Contact Guido's Event's Director, Martin A. Matyus to discuss hosting your next event in the private banquet room. "We thrive on creating experiences". Our Director of Events and Executive Chef, will work with you to create a custom menu for any special celebration. We, work with parties of 2-180
- Private Party Contact: Martin A. Matyus "Event's Director/ Manager" 8888075912
- Entertainment: On some holidays and upon special request, by private dinning parties.
- Special Events: 2 Private Dinning rooms. Private dinning room 1). Max capacity 40 people sitting dinner. Private dinning room 2.) Max capacity 100 persons. Our largest Private Dinning Room, has a beautiful full service bar, which can cater your most intimate celebrations. For information regarding buyouts for the evening or noon we can accommodate 180 people.
- Cross Street: Valley Circle
- Public Transit: Within 1/4 mile.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary Valet during lunch business hours Tuesday-Friday 11:30a.m.-2:30p.m. During dinner service; (4:30p.m.-10p.m.) there is a $3.50 service charge. Pull right in front; red carpet treatment.
A word from Guido's - Calabasas
Coming off a successful grand opening in Old Town, Guido’s Calabasas welcomes you to indulge your palette with a sophisticated, savory offering of authentic Northern Italian Cuisine that includes traditional family-style recipes, the freshest seasonal ingredients, and the most decadent desserts the Valley has yet to see. Keeping our cozy-neighborhood restaurant vitalitá of the “Old Country,” an elegant wine list that spans the coast of Italy and California and a banquet room for special occasions, we bring you our third addition to the Guido’s family following our long-standing tradition as purveyors of fine Italian in West Los Angeles and Malibu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Guido's - Calabasas reviews from OpenTable diners
- We will greatly miss this place!EstelleVIPDined on 9/19/2013Guido's has been our go to restaurant for occasions and casual dinners. Food, service, ambience was perfect. Unfortunately, we were informed that they are closing on October 5. If you have a chance to go there before October 5, we highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/7/2013I live in Calabasas and will never go here again. Waited almost an hour for appetizers on a Saturday night.
- Guidos - Not GreatJenGBDined on 8/20/2013Our group of 4 foodie/winos had high hopes for Guidos - they have "no corkage" Tuesdays. The restaurant was nearly empty, except for the lively bar. As I find often, when a restaurant in slow, service suffers. We had to ask to place orders, get water refills, etc. We had appetizers which were so-so: the shrimp was overcooked and the prosciutto seemed tired. My entree was salmon in some sort of creamy sauce - it was mushy. My colleagues dishes were equally umimpressive: steak, veal and cioppino. They dont have espresso, which seems odd for an Italian restaurant. Too bad the food wasn't better. On a bright note, there was no corkage for all four bottles and they accommodated us with fresh glasses for each bottle.Special Features:
- Great place. So sad that theyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/18/2013Great place. So sad that they are closing next month.
- Consistently great!LoveItaliaVIPDined on 8/17/2013Another delicious dinner with friends! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite restaurantEstelleVIPDined on 8/1/2013Great service nice atmosphere good selection on foods everything is very, very fresh. The manager and staff go out of their way to please you. Love this place and I recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Wonderful ExperienceBruceSVIPDined on 7/21/2013One of our favorite places to eat. Had fantastic food and service. Everything tasted fresh. They were out of our favorite dessert, the Vanilla Creme Brulee so we ordered the fresh Strawberry Shortcake (it had another name that I can't remember) which was out of this world. I even ordered 2 to go to bring for people to share at work the next day. They let me try a sample of a wine that they were not not sure I would like with my dish and I ended up ordering what was recommended instead. It seemed to be a slow night, but the noise level is always reasonable. We have never had any difficulty having a conversation.Special Features:
- Salty to a faultOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2013Pasta Bolognese and seafood pasta were both too salty. The piccata was moderately okay.. For the food we ate, it was over-priced. Also, we paid $20 per bottle for corkage, and were not even given clean glasses when the waiter poured the second bottle of a different wine than the first. Not classy!!
- Quiet GemPeteDined on 6/21/2013Wonderful food, outstanding service and quiet enough to talk. Server was unobtrusive but attentive. Manager stopped by to insure we were satisfied with everything. Wine list is well thought out with excellent choices. This has become one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantEstelleVIPDined on 6/19/2013The manager and staff go above and beyond for you. Highly recommend!!!! Order the Tiramisu for dessert. They make it in house and it is amazing!!!!!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2013Guido's had excellent food, efficient servers and accommodated the kids' requests. That being said, it was a little empty and somewhat romantic, so we'll go back, just to with the kids! Great selection of wine, beer and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guido's Caabasas is a good place.BarneyDined on 6/15/2013Getting close to the old Gaetano's which was in that location for almost 20 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Dissapoints!EstelleVIPDined on 6/5/2013Our 2nd meal in two weeks; consistantly excellent. Had the crab cake appetizer - fresh, no fillers, excellent flavor. The Ahi Tuna main course with a balsamic reduction sauce was amazing! I had put in a special request with my reservations for the Chilean Sea Bass, but was told that it was not available because the chef wasn't happy with the quality of it from their supplier, so he sent it back. That shows how quality conscious they are!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurantEstelleVIPDined on 5/30/2013Great food, variety, and ambiance. Staff is personable, attentive and efficient. Returning next week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I found this place on OpenTableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/29/2013I found this place on OpenTable as I am always looking for new places to eat. I made reservations for 5 for my birthday just some friends getting together for a nice meal. As we approached the restaurant the manager was standing out front and greeted us and immediately knew of our reservation and seated us immediately. The service was amazing, the server was attentive and knowledgeable. I am both gluten and lactose intolerant and she knew the menu and options and I was able to get exactly what I wanted while still following my dietary restrictions. If you are looking for amazing Italian....this should definitely be one of the place to go to.Special Features:
- Off the beaten trackvgc1205VIPDined on 5/28/2013Nice restaurant I'd never been to before. Nice ambience, quiet. Dimmed lighting. I wasn't crazy about my dish (but it might just be my choice, not the way it was cooked), but my date loved hers. Great service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good place. So glad itOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2013Very good place. So glad it is getting busier. More people are discovering this great place.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/23/2013We enjoyed the restaurant immensely. The salad with pears was out of this world; also the garlic bread that accompanied it. The pasta with salsiccia was excellent. The staff is very accommodating and gave us wonderful service. This restaurant is one of the best that I have gone to in the valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Great Service!OneHappyGirlDined on 5/10/2013I went here with 5 of my girlfriends for a "mom's night out. We sat on the patio as it was such a nice day. The food was wonderful! I ordered the chicken piccatta - awesome!!! The only downside was that the parking was very limited. They do have a valet, but if you like to self-park, like I do, it's a challenge. Would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/5/2013Very good food and very nice service at a great neighborhood place.
- Definitely ReturnGrammyDined on 4/27/2013Between the four of us we ordered for dinner at Guido's the beet and goat cheese salad special, caesar salad, carpaccio, the pasta special, fish special oso bucco and veal picatta. Everything was delicious! The service was outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Excellent food,friendly,attentiveGerry77VIPDined on 4/17/2013Excellent food,friendly,attentive service and comfortable surroundings. Quiet enough to easily carry on a conversation. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- My Dinner With GuidoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013We loved our evening at Guido's. Started out on the patio, but headed indoors when it got too cool and the staff could not have been more gracious. The food was wonderful...fresh, well seasoned, beautifully presented...lovely Pinot from Paso at our server's recommendation...a terrific local hang that feels upscale and well-tended without also feeling pretentious. Well done!Special Features:
- Always a great meal and theBruceSVIPDined on 4/5/2013Always a great meal and the best service. My compliments to Marcus who always makes us feel at home, Kat and the rest of the wait staff for another great meal. The chef has outdone himself again.Special Features:
- On a very slow restaurantrozmVIPDined on 4/2/2013On a very slow restaurant night, only 5 tables or so being served, the food was just average. For a total bill of $60 this meal could have been duplicated in many places with better results. To have exceptional service and highest level of preparation would seem a good choice on the restaurant's part. We have been wanting to try this local spot, but sadly, we will not likely return.
- southern italian food. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013southern italian food. Great flavor and terrific serviceSpecial Features:
- The waiter was very promptOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/9/2013The waiter was very prompt and attentive. The food was pretty good and the wine list was very good. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Nothingmspecial toJGriffDined on 3/2/2013A bit frantic at first. Saturday at 7:15. Valet late. No one in front of house to greet and seat. Nice booth. Slow order on drinks. Tuna tartare was delicious but an unattractive grey color. Caesar salad was heavy on the anchovies, and light on the garlic.. Special striped sea bass was excellent. Lobster Ravioli was a bit,soggy. Too much sauce., overcooked. A good meal overall ,but not special. Prices a touch high for,the,quality of the food.
- Guido the GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/20/2013I got there about 30 minutes before they opened for dinner and the manager saw me outside and invited me in...GREAT start!!! I ordered a limoncello, which was tasty and just strong enough. Then, I felt like trying their minestrone soup but was worried about the pasta in it, being that I am a glutard and can't have any wheat, rye or barley products. The waiter reassured me that the chef would be happy to make mine without pasta...another WIN I ordered the frutti del Mare salad which was lightly dressed with a delicious and gluten free dressing. I LOVE this restaurant and recommend it HIGHLY!Special Features:
- Excellent neighborhood find!LoveItaliaVIPDined on 2/17/2013Excellent neighborhood find! We keep returning and every time the food, wine, and service are amazing!Special Features:
- Service was excellent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Service was excellent. The food was very good, but I wouldn't call it exceptional, didn't fit the priceSpecial Features:
- The food here was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013The food here was outstanding. I had the veal picatta and it was very tender and the sauce was out of this world! One thing that really stood out was the the server, Brooke. My lady and I were both dressed in black and for the first time in all of my dining experiences she asked if we would like black napkins since we were wearing black clothing! We couldn't believe how thoughtful that was. I've been to a lot of fine restaurants including Morton's and Maestros and never had that question posed to me! This place is a real gem and I recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- Food was enjoyable and theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2013Food was enjoyable and the service was great. We had veal, eggplant, and nocchi and all was very tasty.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/30/2013The food was excellent, and they were very accomodating with special requests. I would highly reccommend Guido's, and am looking forward to taking our friends there.Special Features:
- We have been to Guido's before.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/20/2013We have been to Guido's before. Its the nicest restaurant in Calabasas by far. The food is always very good and the service too. Decor is contemporary. Will return again.Special Features:
- The chef was much too heavyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/12/2013The chef was much too heavy handed with the salt. I had risotto and lobster. The risotto was excellent, but the lobster was too salty to eat. My husband had the Gnocchi, which was nicely prepared, but the sauce was much too salty.
- Excellent food, very niceFrequentDinerDined on 1/10/2013Excellent food, very nice service, generous portions. Negative aspects: TV was on above our heads. They turned it off at my request (no one else in the room), but that would have been a major turn-off.
- As always, had great foodBruceSVIPDined on 1/2/2013As always, had great food with great service. Our favorite restaurant in our neighborhood.Special Features:
- Staff was very friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012Staff was very friendly and helpful. Menu was more than sufficient even though it was New Years Eve. All entrees were well prepared and tasty (especially the rack of lamb). Service was good and waitress agreed to a requested substitution of side dish even though rule was no substitutions that evening. Brought our own wine and corkage charge was moderate. All in all a delightful evening.Special Features:
- The food is great. The televisionsOverkaleVIPDined on 12/31/2012The food is great. The televisions are distracting -- and create a more sports bar atmosphere than the old world food and reputation warrant. The valet parking was slow and wacky -- but the very good food will keep me coming back.