Guadalajara Original Grill
1220 E. Prince Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85719Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Guadalajara Original Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ggrill.com/
- Phone: 520-323-1022
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Edgar Gomez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Catering: Traditional Favorites: Enchiladas, Tamales, Chile Rellonos, Fajitas, mini- chimi"s On-site Salsera's / serveres available
- Entertainment: Table-Side Salsa Made fresh to your liking, nightly 5p - close Live Trio"s or Mariachis nightly 6p - 9pm
A word from Guadalajara Original Grill
Original Mexican cuisine from Guadalajara, Mexico. Traditional favorites, innovative appetizers, outstanding seafood dishes, fresh original chile rellenos, endless combinations, chimichangas, sizzlin" fajitas, delectable desserts, fresh made margaritas, 50 + tequilas, table-side fresh salsa and evening live music. You'll feel as though walked right in the lively and festive atmosphere of the city of Guadalajara itself. Your dining experience is waiting! Reservations are accepted and recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Guadalajara Original Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- I made an online reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013I made an online reservation for 7PM at the Prince location and our party of five did not get a table until 7:30PM. Our waiter was awful, often forgetting our drinks and even to refill them. He would confuse the table next to us with our table and at one point, brought us their food then took it away because he realized his mistake. When we did get our food, it was luke warm and one plate was even cold. I generally suggest Guadalajara to friends and family, and was even going to have my graduation party there, but after this experience, never again.
- This is a very popular place.NicknameVIPDined on 3/22/2013This is a very popular place. We were glad to have reservations. Conversations are hard as it is very noisy. The live music hinders conversation. Service is quick and competent.Special Features:
- Noisy fun place! Great food.SuburbaniteVIPDined on 3/21/2013Noisy fun place! Great food. The noise level is a bit loud at times, but it's fun!
- Excellent good and extensiveSkigirl16Dined on 3/20/2013Excellent good and extensive menu. Very busy place but the table side made salsa was fabulous. Not thrilled about having to wait despite having made a reservation but otherwise no complaints.Special Features:
- Best Mexican Restaurant in TucsonMicaDined on 3/13/2013This is our favorite Mexican restaurant in Tucson. The chips are great and someone comes to your table and makes salsa to your liking ( We had one with cilantro and one without-medium). My margarita was wonderful and my entree was excellent, as always. Our waitress wasn't around that much and she wasn't very friendly - and when we were done with our meals, gave us the check. We wanted desert! So we did get her attention and did eventually get desert. I have always had good experience with the waitstaff there so this was unusual. The booths there are great - you feel the atmosphere yet you are kind of in your own little world. this isn't a quiet little restaurant; there's lots of activity - but table conversation is easy.Special Features:
- Making a reservation is useless.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Making a reservation is useless. They still make you wait at least an hour.
- They overbook on their reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2013They overbook on their reservations and not enough space for for big groups. Food is fair. Too loud.
- Fresh tortillas a slice of heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2013I've been to GG many times, and it never disappoints. The fresh flour tortillas keep me coming back. Great place for groups and special celebrations.
- A historic restaurant withYummyinOroDined on 3/6/2013A historic restaurant with traditional Mexican food done superbly. Great atmosphere and service, too.Special Features:
- Worth the drive!ebc1005Dined on 3/3/2013Really good food, with items you don't see on a lot of mexican menus. Best to make reservations.
- Food was good, it's loud asMimisVIPDined on 3/2/2013Food was good, it's loud as usual, service was horrible this time we waited long time for drinks, and food finally showed up but the tortilla that should come with entrees didn't came 15mins later, after I got up to ask for itSpecial Features:
- There was zero parking onOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013There was zero parking on a Thursday night at 7:00pm. It didn't matter if we had a reservation - we had no place for the car and tons of cars circling about waiting for spaces as well. We are glad the restaurant is doing so well, but we won't bother with this nonsense again.
- Good food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/25/2013The food and service were great. This is one of the better Mexican restaurants that I have been to. I liked the salsa especially well. They make it for you fresh right at your table.Special Features:
- Our party of six had neverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Our party of six had never been there before, but the menu was full of wonderful choices, the food was cooked to perfection, we enjoyed the salsa made fresh at our table by Carla, our waitress was very efficient and the visit from the Mariachis was made special by their rendition of Malagena. We enjoyed the food, the decor, and the ambiance. We will return.Special Features:
- Typical Mexican food, withbobrVIPDined on 2/18/2013Typical Mexican food, with the exception of tableside salsa (nice!). Very noisy and pretty crowded. Nice folks.
- AVOID - NOT FIT FOR OPEN TABLEOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/16/2013This restaurant is a disaster and should not be allowed to participate in Open Table. When we arrived at the restaurant there was a large crowd standing around outdoors waiting to be seated. We went to the reception to check in with our Open Table reservation and they said go outside and we'll call you. The wait is "over an hour", they said, and "it doesn't matter than you have an Open Table reservation," you still have to wait. We left and went to another Open Table suggested restaurant. The restaurant appears to be using Open Table as a source of customers without honoring the service that is expected for Open Table reservations. After using Open Table for several years with not a single disappointment, we expect better treatment.
- Our reservation was at 6:30OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2013Our reservation was at 6:30 and they didn't seat us until at least 7:30 but that was only because we had to talk to the manager, not the hostess. I understand a busy restaurant will push back the reservation time a bit but an hour wait WITH a reservation is extremely ridiculous. The food definitely made up for the lack of service from the hostess, who by the way, kept telling each party waiting they were next to be seated.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food was excellent. I loved the salsa made at the table. The entire dining experience was awesome. The place was really busy, but the staff was terrific. Everyone had a smile on their face and seemed very happy doing their jobs. I will definetly go back and recommend to all my friends and future visitors! Keep up the great work.Special Features:
- Food is always good and theGreggDined on 2/10/2013Food is always good and the hand made fresh salsa at the table is excellent!Special Features:
- Sea Bass was excellent...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2013Sea Bass was excellent... may want to split a meal if you are not a big eater.Special Features:
- This had great reviews butFoodieDined on 2/2/2013This had great reviews but we were not impressed with the food nor the slow service.Special Features:
- Good food and service. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Good food and service. Service very efficient for so many people.Special Features:
- You'll love itOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/31/2013The place we go whenever we have friends in town. Our favorite Mexican restaurant. Let them know if you're celebrating a birthday.Special Features:
- Need to ask your server toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2013Need to ask your server to explain the choices and size of meal. Otherwise, food was good.Special Features:
- Unique Family Mexican Food FavoriteJasperDined on 1/25/2013The table side fresh made to order salsa is to die for. This is why I have to ration my visits to this restaurant. I have no control over my consumption of home made tortilla chips in the fresh "Spicy" order. My Mom loves the big Margaritas my father can't have spicy and devours the carne asada. I have to have the tradionals---scrumptious rellenos, enchiladas and tacos. Lots of seafood dishes.Special Features:
- Enjoyable night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013Great ambiance and layout. Nice mural. Singing group was entertaining. Salsa prep at the table a real treat. Food so-so.Special Features:
- FUN AND FAVORITE CASUAL MEXICANMomsieDined on 1/12/2013Fabulous fresh made salsa and guacamole with top-notch fresh ingredients. Roving mariachi band was non-intrusive. Entrees arrived hot and were very flavorful. Looking forward to going back and dining on the patio when the weather warms up.Special Features:
- We have eaten here many timesLH911SDined on 1/2/2013We have eaten here many times and always find the food to be authentic and excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently good, flavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/2/2013Consistently good, flavorful Mexican food. Love the tableside prep of salsa to order & the strolling musicians!Special Features:
- The Real DealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012How did I not know about this place and why is it only ranked Tucson's #3 restaurant for Mexican food?? Make room at #1, this place is for real!
- Always excellent food & service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2012Always excellent food & service. Good to make a reservation as they are often full.Special Features:
- As usual, the place was packedRosslawDined on 12/29/2012As usual, the place was packed for a Saturday night. We breezed in with our reservation and were seated within five minutes. The service was great and the food was perfect. I had enough to bring home for lunch the next day.Special Features:
- Strong delicious CadillacOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2012Strong delicious Cadillac margarita! Great food, friendly service.Special Features:
- Great food and service, weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012Great food and service, we love the table side made salsa.Special Features:
- Our group was quite satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012Our group was quite satisfied with the experience, including the great food!Special Features:
- While parking can be a pain,CindyLouDined on 12/15/2012While parking can be a pain, the food is great and the freshly made salsa (done at your table) is always delicious! They are crowded, so use Open Table to make a reservation online!Special Features:
- Loud, amazing colors & prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012Loud, amazing colors & pretty decor. Great service, decent food! :)Special Features:
- As always Guadalajara camesteakandlobstersushiDined on 12/5/2012As always Guadalajara came through. Nothing beats the homemade salsa and tortillas. The Margaret are excellent, tho I recommend having a DD before sipping on one of those. Excellent food and all around ambience. It is quite loud with the mariachi band playing that would be the only draw back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- The place is loud so don'tSuburbaniteVIPDined on 11/29/2012The place is loud so don't plan on an intimate conversation but it's fun and festive and the food is very good.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the prep theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2012Really enjoyed the prep the salsa feature. Just note their medium is considered hot by some, so if you want medium, I would suggest asking for mild.