Guadalajara Fiesta Grill
750 N. Kolb
Tucson, AZ 85710Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Guadalajara Fiesta Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefiestagrill.com/
- Phone: 5202961122x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 10:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jesus Curiel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: 520 293 1931
- Entertainment: Live trio music and mariachi"s 7 nights a week, 6pm - 9pm (10pm on FRI/SAT)
Fresh Salsa made table-side with your choices of ingredients!
A word from Guadalajara Fiesta Grill
Mexican Food with flare for fun! Fresh Salsa made at your table-side every evening starting at 5pm. Nightly live music begins at 6pm until 9pm. The widest range of authentic dishes from home-made tortillas and chile rellenos and carnitas to innovative new dishes with many seafood selections such as Chilean Sea bass, halibut enchiladas or lobster stuffed salmon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Guadalajara Fiesta Grill - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Guadalajara Fiesta Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (7)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Local Mexican FoodAmyinTucsonVIPDined on 7/22/2014Tasty food. Love the steak molcajete and the chicken tortilla soup. Tableside salsa and the strolling musicians keep us coming back.Special Features:
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We love Guadalajara grill in mid-town Tucson on Prince! The Kolb location just isn't up to par. The portions seemed smaller, the restaurant and seating area cramped and the service was SO slow. It took 20+ minutes for the salsa lady to visit our table and when she did, even though I tipped and asked for extra salsa, she gave us very little. We were seated near the bar and it was so crowded with people that the hostess kept sending back that their butts were in our faces as they crowded around our table. Don't go here on a busy weekend night.
- Don't bother with reservationsmaxperkDined on 7/11/2014I made a reservation for 7PM...they gave us the honest to God WORST table in the place. My date kept getting bumped in the shoulder by the woman who made the salsa: because the tables were too close together. Why have such a person: Pace tastes MUCH better. I did offer to switch places and become the one "butt bumped". This was a first date with a young lady, so I wanted to have a conversation...OOPS!!! I forgot the have mariachis doing the "nomad" and roaming from table to table...they were so loud it was hard to converse...this is a great place for families with children, or couples who really do not want to converse: because you cannot, regardless...whatever you do, DO NOT make reservations!!!Special Features:
- Guadalajara Grill - East Sideguapo1Dined on 7/8/2014Excellent atmosphere, good food and good service. Salsa cart is unique and can produce salsa to the customer's liking. Proportions are abundant. Will return. Recommend to anyone who enjoys Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUMMER !LoEatsOutDined on 7/5/20143rd visit - my final review "meh-minus". I have always taken out of town guests here to experience great Margaritas and Mariachi. THAT, they have. Unfortunately, all else fell short. I understand a large group can be challenging but this was a joke. The waitress seemed completely confused on how to divide our check (shouldn't they be used to that?). My aunt asked for a simple chile relleno but wanted it crispy. They waitress said: "then she came to wrong place because theirs were smothered". Might she have suggested a "chimi " to my aunt, which is crispy? My poor brother had to remind them 5-10 minutes after we received our meals for his fajitas! BUMMER - I was embarrassed I talked it up so much to my family.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Food was excellent, service was good, had to wait for drink refills and tortillas but overall very enjoyable. I would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything I remembered it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Food was delicious. They still make the salsa at your table and have the mariachi music playing. I love my whole experience at Guadalajara grill.Special Features:
- Great Mexican Food!PARJERDined on 6/21/2014Huge selection of Mexican dishes including seafood, chicken and beef. There is even a vegetarian section. The lunch menu is great with many selections at a lower price. The Mariachi band is very good but can be very loud in some areas of the restaurant. The back patio is a favorite when the sun goes down. The salsa is fresh and made right at your table with you determining how spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchCTbirdyDined on 6/21/2014My friends had a special Birthday lunch at the restaurant. The food was wonderful. The waiter did well too. The Salsa Lady was unfriendly and looked and acted angry the whole time. Not just at our table but at all of them. We will definitely be back for the great food.Special Features:
- Father's Dayferrum11sixDined on 6/15/2014Took the fam. For Father's day dinner. It was a bit loud but the food and service was very good.We took home quite a few "Doggie bags" and the bill was shockingly low. Loved this place when it was on Prince, glad its now out east.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fathers Day DiningHowieDuzItDined on 6/15/2014My son invited me to a place I had never been before. Passed it many times but never stopped. Heard about Guadalajara Fiesta Grill on the radio but still had not made there. What an awesome son to introduce me to a fantastic experience. The food was outstanding. The salsa made table side was to die for. A great place for all occasions and and most all ages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio DiningDevineEDined on 6/11/2014The Patio is nice looking and they have misters to help with the heat but the tree over our table kept shedding into our food and drinks.Special Features:
- great service and great foodtucson85742Dined on 6/9/2014our group thoroughly enjoyed the food here. Service staff are great and attentive. We would recommend this restaurant to our family and friends. The outdoor decor is fit for photos and the marachi band is entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gidgetDined on 5/25/2014Food was outstanding but service on this night was terrible. I have been there several times before for lunch and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 218 reviews are from the Guadalajara Fiesta Grill reviews archive.
- Amazing food, service and PriceTUCSONDOUGDined on 5/24/2014This was my second time to eat here in 2 weeks... I will be a regular for sure. The table made Salsa was Awesome and fresh, the Mariachi band adds a special element to the experience. One of the best outdoor dining areas I have seen in Tucson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014We had a large group of 24 people celebrating a special occasion. Our server, Armando was very organized, professional and pleasant and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Move over Gordo'sJinAZDined on 5/13/2014Having lived in Tucson for many years, I was heartbroken when Gordo's closed. It was a favorite for my whole family with good food and lots of memories. AT LONG LAST I have found a new favorite. The food, atmosphere, service and mariachis were wonderful. I was there for my step-daughter's birthday, so this is the beginning of New family traditions. Thank you. OH the MARGARITAS weren't too shabby either!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Mother's DayhawkmundoDined on 5/11/2014We found this place online while looking for another restaurant... so glad we did!! Guadalajara Grill is one of those places you could go to seven times without eating the same type of meal and enjoying everything you ordered. I had the standard Mexican fare, carne asada, enchilada and a chile relleno with rice & beans... great food. My wife had the Tortillas Mariscos... FABULOUS! My son-in-law had the Molcajete Ultimo and once again, WOW!... Everyone at the table enjoyed a different and great meal...Special Features:
- First TimerMattRossiterVIPDined on 5/10/2014GREAT first time experience, I do recommend you get a reservation as it was packed and a standing room only waiting.... The first time we felt we had good...I mean really good fresh Mexican food in Tucson in the last year. Thank you and you will see us again!!Special Features:
- Disappointing on Cinco De MayoBigJDined on 5/5/2014Later lunch on Cinco De Mayo. Using OpenTable we booked a 1:30 table. When we arrived and told them of our booked and confirmed reservation we were told, "They were not suppose to book any reservations today". The waitress arrived after approximately 5 minutes and asked if she could take our drink order. We informed her that we were ready to place our entire order. She wrote down nothing. Drinks arrived after almost 10 minutes. The appetizer of Callos Panzon was over done. The scallops were tough. We had ordered fajitas, the Captain's Platter and Shrimp-Fest Fajita. Plato Capitan and Fiesta Camarones is what arrived. Our waitress never checked to see how things were. The entrees that arrived were excellent, just not what we ordered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, hit and miss serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014As always Guadalajara grill food does not disappoint but waiting for the check looking at dirty dishes for 15 minutes is also typical.Special Features:
- Happy Hour was HAPPY!msninamDined on 4/30/2014The drinks were huge and yummy! We had the Fogger Diablo Azul Margarita, House Margaritas and the Fogger Apple Fireball. The appetizers were delicious. Went great with our drinks. We had the Queso Fundido Con Chorizo and the Mini Chimis. The portions are huge. The three of us shared and still couldn't finish everything. The complimentary chips and salsa were also very good. They make the salsa to your liking at the table. We ordered the hot and it wasn't very hot but it had a little kick to it. The live music (both jazz and mariachi) was great. Really set the party mood. The patio is perfect for a girls night out. We really enjoyed ourselves and will definitely be back. Service was outstanding even though the patio was completely full!Special Features:
- Yikes! Why Always such a long wait!IluvDateNightsDined on 4/27/2014Love the Guadalajara Grill on the other side of town. And the food is great at both locations. But it is so crazy how slow the service is at this location on Kolb, everytime we go here. 10 minutes just to take our drink order. Drinks and chips were brought but no salsa for another 15 minutes!! Love the restaurant but only if we have time to kill and not in a big hurry. It is very frustrating to go out to lunch after church and spend an hour and 45 minutes just to eat and finally get the check only after flagging down the waiter because we are tired of sitting around with empty glasses and to-go boxes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what it used to beMicaDined on 4/21/2014friend visiting from the east coast. Hesitant about coming back since prior 2 times were not good/mediocre but the atmosphere is fun and mariachi are an experience. Salsa is made table side so is quite yummy. The service was good - but the food was just ok. I had my usual cilantro chicken which is pretty consistently good, but the portion was much smaller than past times. The chips seemed kind of stale and my friend was underwhelmed with her meal and drink. Avoid dishes with meat chunks since this is often dry. I wouldn't recommend fish dishes either - past experiences. This place used to be so special. :( I doubt I will return at this point, especially since there is another Mexican restaurant close by that is quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST salsa is town!BAppleb1Dined on 4/20/2014We have been to Guadalajara Fiesta Grill many times, so obviously we love it. The two best things about the restaurant are the table-side salsa (my mouth is watering just thinking about it!) and the ambience (i.e. bright colors, mexican decor, comfortable booths and tables, and exciting atmosphere (especially when the Mariachis are there). Guadalajara Fiesta Grill is a fun place to go for birthday celebrations as well because you can be loud, the Mariachis/employees/customers sing to you, they make a funny aluminum foil hat for the birthday girl/boy to wear, etc. The food is good; however, while there's better Mexican food in Tucson, we still go to Guadalajara Fiesta Grill pretty often because the salsa, ambience, and food, is worth it!Special Features:
- Total surpriseExceptionalDined on 4/15/2014We have dined in many Mexican restaurants during our travels and this one came as a complete surprise - it was Exceptional. The food was amazing and the salsa they make at the table was the best we've ever had. I would seriously recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes good Mexican because everything we had was delicious, my husband even took home the remaining salsa and chips as he loved it so much. This was the sort of food we expected to be eating when we visited Mexico last year, it was sadly missing and now I know why, the good cooks all work here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dinnerJImmyCVIPDined on 4/15/2014Excellent authentic cuisine with salsa made fresh right at the table. Service was excellent. A great experience!Special Features:
- Always good!KatieBDined on 4/14/2014We have been there with friends and it is always a fun time and great food and service!Special Features:
- Tasty Tucson MexicanAmyinTucsonVIPDined on 4/9/2014Try the Molcajete - it is delicious. The Chicken tortilla soup is also quite flavorful.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantKealananiDined on 4/5/2014The food, salsa, and margarita's were amazing! Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- What a madhouse!VandraVIPDined on 4/2/2014If you want mariachis, screaming kids and overall bedlam for some good but pricey Mexican food, this is the place for you. The decor gives Guadalajara Grill a tacky, chain-restaurant look and feel rather than an authentic, warm one. We went on a Wednesday, which I guess is a very popular night to go. As a result, the service was slow and it was very difficult to get refills on drinks or anything other than our actual dinners. The food is tasty, but it's not any better than dozens of other Mexican restaurants in Tucson. And the tables are very close together, so there's barely any room to squeeze by.Special Features:
- ServiceOut2dinnerDined on 3/28/2014We (5) were seated in a corner and it took 15 minutes for a server to arrive. He took drink orders and forgot the water we asked for. My brother went and got menus for us as he did not bring those either. It was a busy Friday evening but water and menus seem like simple requests for your guests to make. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guestNonoviceDined on 3/26/2014Our guest were told that they had to come to come to the grill, if they wanted authentic Mexican food. They were happy with the food. I reserved a table for seven. They took us to the table that was reserved for us and we expressed that it was to small because it was a booth with a table put on the end. We asked the waitress if we could take another table, but it was reserved for a party of eight. The hostess said that she had sat seven at the table before. She might have, but we were all adults and needed more room. She then asked if we could wait for ten minutes and she would find us another table. After that problem we then seated in a much better and open area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happyFaveplaceDined on 3/21/2014Whether lunch or a nigHt out, it's one of my favorites. Loved the reservation online option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Mexican? No Way!KARfoodieDined on 3/15/2014The outdoor courtyard is pretty and festive, and the table side prepared salsa is pretty good, but that is all this place has going for it. One of us had the carne as ada which came out dried like shoe leather and had to be sent back. Improved but far from flavorful, a cheap cut of beef. Same for my fajitas which were bland - the chicken and beef overcooked and dry, and the shrimp were not the freshest. Tucson is a great town for Mexican...but this Grill is not it.Special Features:
- Spectacular SalsaLPKAVDined on 3/14/2014Fresh salsa - made right in front of you - tableside! You can choose how spicy...best chips & salsa in town!Special Features:
- Super LunchDealersDined on 3/14/2014I'm not usually a Mexican food fan but this place was awesome. I had THE best lobster enchiladas. Atmosphere was perfect and so were margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining disasterCyndyLVIPDined on 5/25/2013We had one of the worst meals I can recall. Most of the food was cold, so we sent it back to be warmed. I ordered a margatini, which was also sent back. Do yourself a favor and skip this menu option, the margarita is much better. The tortillas on the fish tacos crumbled like dust. It was just bad, bad, bad. We have eaten at Guadaljara several times in the past and have enjoyed the food. The one saving factor was the server was extremely nice and was very pleasant about all the return trips to the kitchen.
- Not GreatSpicyFoodDined on 5/9/2013This was not as great as some of the reviews I read. The food was just OK. We waited a very long time to be served after we were seated. We had to go and ask for a wait staff to take our order. The outdoor patio decor was very nice. Good place for kids. It was graduation weekend and maybe they were overwhelmed. Not sure I will try it again on a non-busy night to see the difference. Based on my experience I can't recommend it. If something stood out it would have helped but nothing really did.Special Features:
- Every time we go and takeKatieBDined on 4/19/2013Every time we go and take friends we have a fun experience!Special Features: