Grove Artisan Kitchen at Miramonte Resort & Spa
45000 Indian Wells Lane
Indian Wells, CA 92210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Grove Artisan Kitchen at Miramonte Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miramonteresort.com/luxury-palm-springs-restaurant.php
- Phone: (760) 341-7200
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Votaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Every Thursday 5pm-8pm songbird Gina Carey live entertainment.
A word from Grove Artisan Kitchen at Miramonte Resort & Spa
The Grove Artisan Kitchen is known for its "farm to table" fresh seasonal California cuisine featuring ingredients from local artisan growers simply prepared with time honored techniques. Local and regional farms and ranches are credited to create the most enticing restaurant menu in the Coachella Valley. The menu features organic produce, "home grown" fresh herbs, farm raised meats and poultry, fresh Pacific seafood, house-made pastas, prime dry-aged meats and innovative vegetarian dishes. Presentation style is uncomplicated with focus on the intricate balance of flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Grove Artisan Kitchen at Miramonte Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Indian Wells ›
Grove Artisan Kitchen at Miramonte Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)special occasion (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (5)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Food was average.JJFoodieVIPDined on 11/13/2014You wonder why it's called Artisan Kitchen when the bread basket is stale. Then the salad dressing taste like it came from a bottle. Actually the scallops were good. So, that is why I gave it an average review.
- Consistent!RealtorCamille7VIPDined on 11/11/2014Grove at Miramonte Resort is always consistent. Basic menu with good food. We had cheeseburgers with fries and a spinach salad. It is a nice restaurant and quiet with a beautiful view and setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionGloriaDined on 11/9/2014For a special occasion, I highly recommend this restaurant. The food was very good and just the right portions.Special Features:
- Lunch with mountain viewConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 10/23/2014I'd forgotten about this little gem in Indian Wells...glad I took 2 friends who had never been!! Very quiet atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good Food, Super Quietadgal13Dined on 10/12/2014I went on a Sunday night in October. We were practically the only people in the restaurant. I think a lot of their customers come from the resort. Still the food was great, sitting outside was great (In October) and service was on point.Special Features:
- Gluten-freeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Amazing fresh food with a large variety of gluten-free options. The scallops were to die for and the paella was simply delish. Jorge was top notch and made us feel right at home. Thank you for such great service!Special Features:
- The Grove is still closedConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 9/29/2014Dinner is served only in the bar area.... Regular menu with dining room prices :((
- Great food & very generous portionAwkwardVIPDined on 9/20/2014We were staying at the Miramonte resort and didn't want to leave the hotel for dinner. We both had a glass of wine as neither of us have to drive. i had the Ahi tuna tartare and my husband had the pan seared jumbo scallop. We both felt full after the appetizer, portion was so large. However, since we've already ordered the 3 course meal, I had the Grove Paella, which as it states, the rice tasted more like a risotto than a paella. It was filled with seafood and good. My husband went for the grilled 12 oz angus new york steak, which he found it to be slightly overcooked. For dessert, I chose the gourmet gelato sandwich between cookies - Chocolate-dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies with Vanilla Gelato, which was missing the chocolate-dip.Special Features:
- Great place for lunch!lawomanDined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed the food it was excellent. Good service, pleasant surroundings. Great prices! Food is locally fresh!Special Features:
- Beautiful SettingRealtorCamille7VIPDined on 8/12/2014The views and setting are wonderful at Grove Artisan Kitchen. The Miramonte Resort is beautiful, period! It is relaxing as well. The menu has a nice selection of well prepared food whether you are there for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Service is very nice. They want their diners to have a nice experience and we always do! We ordered burgers and the spinach salad - all very good!Special Features:
- Excellent menu for vegetarianscantgowrongDined on 8/9/2014We loved our stay at the Miramonte, and - in fact - chose the Miramonte because of the Grove Artisan's menu, which is not overwhelming, but just right. Both of us are vegetarians, with specific food needs in terms of health. Large local organic and farm fresh selection. We were not disappointed, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Great atmosphere, views and service, too.Special Features:
- The following 259 reviews are from the Grove Artisan Kitchen at Miramonte Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- VERY nice!MadRussianDined on 7/12/2014The place is located in a very nice resort with patio overlooking the pool where on giant screen they are showing movies at night, so the kids were occupied. There were 10 of us, we changed our mind several times about sitting outsider or inside, but they were very helpful and accommodating and helpful. The waitress was GREAT too. The only problem was that it was definitely pricier than we expected based on Open Table's $$ rating. That qualifier should be reconsideredSpecial Features:
- Not As ExpectedLeChatNoirVIPDined on 7/7/2014The food was good, but the presentation left a lot to be desired. The spinach salad arrived with each component of the salad separated on the plate. The pizza had a huge clump of arrugala dumped in the center of the pie. The canneloni was excellent, but had a hunk of broccoli thrown on top. It was unappealing and not what I would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. Service was excellent. They closed the restaurant seating for the summer, so we had to eat in the bar. Not the ambiance I had expected.
- Restaurant ReviewEat2liveDined on 6/17/2014We had an overall great experience. The service was excellent, staff were friendly and professional. Our meal was good (just a thought, a couple more dishes for Vegetarians).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseJoeWallaceDined on 6/8/2014For a hotel based restaurant this was an unexpected excellent experience.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekolddinerDined on 6/8/2014We made reservations for 3 o'clock. When we got there they said their dinner started at 6 but they would go ahead and serve us the Restaurant Week menu. The menu had nice choices and was very good. This was our 5th restaurant, the others were $26 and this was $38. Wine by the glass was expensive $10 house wine. The food was very good, the service excellent. However, you paid the extra $12 for the name of "Miramonte" and not for the food. I would recommend this place for good food if you want to pay the extra price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!TANTVIPDined on 6/6/2014The Grove Artisan Kitchen has never disappointed us. Always great food and service. We always recommend it to our friends.Special Features:
- Lovely dinerRussDined on 6/2/2014My wife and I came for diner looking for a quiet spot where we could talk and enjoy each others company. Going in off season we had the restaurant almost to ourselves with the added bonus of restaurant week menu. Food and service were great and we were not rushed through out meal. Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice, upscale place to dine.Special Features:
- theOracleDined on 6/1/2014We use the local Restaurant Week to try places we haven't tried before. We picked this one because it had a better menu than most. We weren't disappointed. The restaurant itself is restful and romantic. There is also a lovely patio on the garden in the center of the hotel, very European. The paella was very good, the seared scallops juicy and plump. The filet was flavorful and perfectly tender. There are numerous choices, so we will be back. Who knew such a lovely place was nearby?Special Features:
- Great dining experienceHeathershaw4785Dined on 6/1/2014My husband and I tried this restaurant due to them participating in Palm Springs Restaurant week. What a terrific find! We will be eating here again. We ordered off of a select menu with several different options. I went with seafood while he had the steak which was cooked to perfection. They had a very nice wine list which I enjoyed.Special Features:
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Excellent service. The sea bass was probably the best I have ever had. And the halibut was great. There is outdoor seating, but we went at the end of May and it was still very hot outside so we sat inside - very nice ambiance. Will definitely go there again the next time we are in the Indian Wells area.Special Features:
- Amazing food & serviceYum2EatDined on 5/31/2014First time at the Grove Artisan and we were impressed with the delicious food & presentation & great service. Visited during Restaurant Week and their 3 course meal was outstanding from start to finish. Appetizer: scallops: 3 large, cooked perfectly-this could have been the main meal. Ahi tuna tartare prepared just right and had such an amazing taste. Their panko crusted seabass was so delicious that I am still dreaming about the flavors. We can see why it is their signature dish. Dessert: real vanilla ice cream-had forgotten how good it should taste. Crème brulee- yum..ate the entire thing. Our server added to our delightful evening by making sure we always had whatever we needed. Can't wait to return!!Special Features:
- Food disappointing.cswanVIPDined on 5/30/2014Food was disappointing. Mostly just lacked the flavors expected in paella, while the seafood was fresh. Crab cake appetizer was heavy, flavorless and had way too much filler. Not what I expected from a "farm to table" theme.
- ChocolateDined on 5/18/2014Always enjoy the delicious food at Grove Artisan Kitchen!Special Features:
- Ladies' LunchDottieDined on 5/2/2014We had another wonderful lunch at the Grove Artisan Kitchen at the Miramonte . . . very relaxing / good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Braised?FoodandwineDined on 4/20/2014Nice atmosphere, pretty good food overall. But you MUST avoid the braised (?) osso bucco. Poor piece of meat to begin with, then it was not cooked long enough or properly to break down the connective tissue. It was very dry, which should never happen when it's braised. All the other dishes and service was great. Nice patio for outside dining.
- Always enjoy the MiramonteJoeSDined on 4/18/2014One of our favorite places in the valley. Great food and friendly, courteous staff.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner for 10ConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 4/11/2014My guests had never been to this restaurant, so it was something new for the group... enjoyable salads and fish dishes at reasonable prices for a nice restaurant. I requested a "healthy" alternative to a birthday cake; the chef made a special 10" berries/citrus tart in puff pastry -- nice and light!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best breakfast!DesertGirlVIPDined on 4/5/2014We love The Grove for breakfast! And we really love Alex and his great customer service and friendly smile! Always a great experience here.Special Features:
- Always a delight!foodienewsVIPDined on 3/27/2014We live nearby and frequently go to this restaurant. It's always good, the service is friendly, welcoming, and pleasing. Consistently good food, upbeat and vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian Wells SettingRealtorCamille7VIPDined on 3/26/2014There weren't a lot of diners when we had lunch this latest visit but the service was rather slow. We weren't in a hurry so it was not an issue. We all ordered their cheeseburger which is always good. You can count on it being freshly prepared the way you want! The setting is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch is better than dinnerBazookaDined on 3/24/2014We have lunch at Miramonte at least once every week or so. This is the first time we've been for dinner in a year. Our server was abrupt and made us feel uncomfortable. I requested a specific table when I made the reservation and that table was unavailable when we arrived. The maître d' that someone else had reserved it before we had. They should have let me know I would have changed the date . The food as always was great but I think will continue lunch at Mirmonte not dinnerI would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialWinedudeVIPDined on 3/21/2014We've been going here for years and they still can't get the service right. Our server brought dishes out in the wrong order. Weak. The food is tasty, but nothing special. Wine list is limited and over-priced. So many better spots in the Coachella Valley.
- Took friends--all were impressedBicoastalFoodieDined on 3/17/2014We dined with out of town friends. Six of us met for dinner and each one of us was delighted with our meal. My crabcake appetizer was beautifully presented and delicious; the lobster bisque my husband had is deservedly famous--rich and flavorful. I had the paella entree; my husband and had the special--halibut. Both were delicious and delectable. The molten chocolate cake for dessert was fantastic--it satisfied the chocoholic in both of us. Others had the (huge) fatoosh salad, the ribeye steak, the pork osso bucco; the gazpacho--raves all around. Sergio was a wonderful server, insuring a delightful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Breakfast SpotDesertGirlVIPDined on 3/16/2014My husband and I live in Indian Wells half the year and we absolutely love this place for breakfast! Lots of great things to choose from, and really friendly service. We love Alex and Esteban and appreciate their 5-star service every time we're there. They always remember everything we like and always go above and beyond!Special Features:
- A PLEASANT INTERLUDEnellieDined on 3/10/2014I WAS EXTREMELY SUPPRISED BY THE QUALITY OF THE FOOD LONG TIME SINCE I HAVE LOBSTER BISQUE THICKENED BY CREAM INSTEAD OF FLOUR EXCEPT AT HOMESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All but the servicephylmikeDined on 3/7/2014Everything good about the experience except our server who began as somewhat helpful but deteriorated to downright hostile. Not sure if it was because of the two discounts we used as a IW resident and the wine program but she had no business acting as she did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grove ArtisanLRLQDined on 3/3/2014Service attentive and efficient. Food mediocre at best, 3 of us same conclusion. Wanted to sit outside, as they have a beautiful setting. NO HEATERS! What, ever restaurant in the desert with outdoor seating has heaters for this time of year. Very surprised. The food has changed, very disappointed.
- Great place to go with friends.muggyDined on 3/1/2014It is so nice to go to a restaurant here you can actual talk to the people you are sitting with! The menu has a good variety (check out their 3 course specials!) and the food is not only presented nicely but it tastes great! We have always had really good service. The waiters are attentive and very pleasant. We love the atmosphere, service and food! That's hard to beat!Special Features:
- fabulous dining in the desertteriVIPDined on 2/24/2014We had a wonderful meal with fabulous service at Artisan Kitchen in Indian Wells. Because we wanted to dine outside, our only complaint was the noise from the party at the upper level. Our food was delicious, the ambience magnificant and service impeccable. Next time we return, on our anniversary next month, we will look forward to a quieter dining experience.Special Features: