Grouse Mountain Grill
Beaver Creek Resort
Avon, CO 81620Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Grouse Mountain Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.grousemountaingrill.com/
- Phone: 9709490600x1
- Hours of Operation:
Closed for the off season until May 23rd.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Gutowski
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private or semi-private functions for groups of 20-100. The spectacular Private Alpine Ballroom accommodates group of 10-100. The Executive Boardroom accommodate more intimate groups of 6-40. Grouse Mountain Grill does have a Group Services and Sales Manager to help with every step of the planning for private or special events of all kinds. Corporate dinners, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, birthday and retirement parties, family reunions and brunches are examples of the special events our guests have enjoyed at our location. Grouse Mountain Grill delivers a very high level of service to all of our guests and groups receive the same attention to detail as our individual diners.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Dowell 9709490600x102
- Entertainment: Jazz pianist, vocalist, Tony Gulizia during winter and summer seasons. Tony is currently off and will be back in mid June.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving menu features a traditional feast with all the trimmings. Regular menu is not available.
New Year's Eve features a fixed price five or seven course menu, live music, fireworks viewing, dancing for the late seating, party favors and champagne toast.
- Cross Street: Village Road
- Public Transit: Beaver Creek Village Transportation is available by phone for a complimentary ride anywhere within Beaver Creek Resort (970)949-1938.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking is offered at The Pines Lodge by Valet only. Your car will be parked on site and is free of charge to individual diners.
A word from Grouse Mountain Grill
Enjoy panoramic views, contemporary cuisine with a regional influence, award winning wine menu, fantastic service and live dinner music. A crackling fireplace sets the mood. Chef David Gutowski was recently invited to present dinner at The James Beard House in Manhattan where he cooked each course with Colorado meats, cheeses fish and produce. The dinner was sold out before it hit the calendar. Come and enjoy the cuisine of this rising star!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grouse Mountain Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (41)scenic view (39)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (32)great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We have been to Grouse Mountain Grill several times. Every time, it is fantastic. We had several small plates that were wonderful. For entree's the lamb was very good and the pork chop was delicious. The wine list was nice as well. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing!KSColoradoDined on 8/22/2014We were in Beaver Creek for the weekend and checking Open table reviews for a spot to have dinner - all the other reviews are right on. Don't miss dinner at this place! We went to hear the piano player and sat in the bar for dinner. Our bartender was great and his service was top notch. Food was creative and super good-squash blossom appetizer and a zucchini tater tot dish - some of the best apps we had all weekend. Even the bread presentation with the little jams on the side was delish. The meals were fantastic, the filet was beautiful and so good and the agnolotti pasta dish was superb. It was not cheap but we did have a few cocktails each too...I don't regret spending that much money for such a great experience. We will be back!Special Features:
- Competent and CreativeTechfoodieDined on 8/17/2014Their lobster appetizer has been on the menu forever and may it always remain. It is OUTSTANDING! So is the tartare. For the main course, GMG offers a number of interesting meat and fish entrees from Colorado. Elk and venison were, unfortunately, noticeably absent. I chose the lamb, which was perfectly cooked but served lukewarm. The polenta which accompanied it was uninspiring. The wine list is outstanding but very pricey. Hard to find any decent bottles below $100. They need to revise the price points. Service was uneven. Many of the personnel were new and frankly inexperienced. The above notwithstanding, the quality of the cuisine compensated satisfactorily for the awkwardness of the waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow!RegulardinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated our 29th anniversary here. We had a table right next to an open door onto a deck with a beautiful view of the mountains, and lots of flowers. The food was outstanding, and service suberb. The food was local and sustainable, and had interesting extras, like flower blossoms in the salad, greens frm the garden etc.. The wine list is good, and is displayed on a tablet with tasting notes, sorting capability etc. We liked that too. I had a nice vesper martini I really enjoyed. All in all a perfect meal, and hands down our favorite meal in Beavercreek, and we ate everywhere...Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceluv2dineVIPDined on 8/13/2014As a vegetarian, it is not always easy to find delicious creative food. Grouse mountain grill has many options. The carrot appetizer from their own garden was a 10 !! The wine list was extensive and the service excellentSpecial Features:
- Simply wonderfulDrJohnVIPDined on 7/30/2014Don't miss this place -- could be a special occasion or just an evening out -- just DO NOT miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation birthday.DJP24VIPDined on 7/28/2014In town for vacation and to celebrate my wife's birthday. The meal was awesome and the view incredible. A must try is the brussel sprouts. Outstanding service and staff. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Absolutely Perfect ExperienceGeordielassDined on 7/26/2014We booked Grouse Mountain Grill based on good reviews and were not disappointed. In fact it surpassed our expectations. The Menu, the service and of course the food were 10/10. What we liked especially was that they had many of the favourites, but presented them in a new and different way. The 'plating-up' skills of the Chef's was first class and one almost didn't want to eat the 'artwork' so to speak. Finally, when they discovered that it was our Wedding Anniversary, our desert came out with a Happy Anniversary note written in chocolate. A small detail which we appreciated. We will be back and congratulations to Executive Chef David Gutowski and Restaurant Manager Kyle Banchero.Special Features:
- Great food and service!!TexasgirlDined on 7/25/2014Each course was perfect and the service was great. Highly recommend eating here. Must try the margarita!Special Features:
- Fabulous in every way!!OMmadameVIPDined on 7/25/2014We never miss Grouse Mountain Grill when we're in Beaver Creek. Definitely one of our favorite all time restaurants. Not to be missed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2014It was dressier than we expected. Food was excellent and the piano player very talented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Beaver Creek gem911skibumVIPDined on 7/21/2014We have a second home in Beaver Creek and frequently visit Grouse Mountain Grill for its consistent high quality food and service. You should try and dine when Tony is at the bar playing the piano. This really adds to the already outstanding dining environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazinginthebusinessDined on 7/18/2014My girlfriend and I ate here for our 1 year anniversary. Every course served was amazing and unique. Elliot, our server was professional, but not stuffy.Another server named Rachel was so friendly and courteous. She went out of her way to help us too. It was our first time dining at the Grouse Mountain grill and we'll definitely be back. They even did a special anniversary plate for us. Truely a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't DisappointIndianabas1VIPDined on 7/17/2014We been to Grouse Mtn Grill several times and it never fails to be nearly perfect. They have live music in the bar and the service is second to none. Everying I have ever ordered has been quite good if not great. I highly recommend reservations especially during ski season. A great choice for any occasion.Special Features:
- One of our Top 5FoodiefamilyDined on 7/17/2014Grouse Mountain Grill was loved by all four of us (including two teens). Everyone's food was perfection, as was dessert. The beef tenderloin I had was truly the most perfectly prepared I have ever had. The presentation of everything was beautiful. The wine that was recommended to me was excellent and exactly what I had asked for in terms of flavors. The view was gorgeous and the service was great (even though there were actually three different people who initially came to wait on us). Finally, in what can be a pretentious and excessive community, we found this restaurant to be very welcoming, comfortable and down to earth, despite serving food about which they could definitely have an attitude. A delicious and memorable experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/8/2014Our dinner experience was outstanding! We had a table of 4 on the patio. The weather was perfect for outdoor dining. Our server was great. We had a terrific recommendation from Rob, the Sommelier , for a Cab Franc. He chose Owen Roe and we were really enjoyed it. The pretzel coated pork chop and the walleye were delicious. We also had the gnocchi as a side dish, which was very good. You can't go wrong at Grouse Mountain Grill. It is our favorite restaurant in Beaver Creek!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Mountain DiningRLHKCVIPDined on 7/5/2014Our dinner at the Grouse Mountain Grill was truly exquisite. A table for two in front of open doors looking out on the mountains was the perfect setting for a perfect evening. I had the smoked duck - the best I've ever eaten anywhere. And the foie gras sausage was an excellent complement along with haricort verts. My wife had the pretzel encrusted pork chop that was as delicious as it looked. The service from our server, Shaena, was terrific. Chef David prepares unique cuisine that is precisely paired with the mountain environment. We hope you enjoy this venue as much as did we.Special Features:
- Great Food, Questionable SeatingAreil26VIPDined on 7/4/2014We've eaten at the Grouse Mountain Grill many times, and the food is always great. This time we had the unfortunate issue that the hostess wanted to seat us at the tables along the wall, with bench seating on one side and chairs facing a wall on the other. We had made reservations ahead of time thru Open Table, and when we arrived, the restaurant was 90% empty. We were told that the other tables were reserved, but apparently not for us! We asked to eat outside, and were warned it might rain, but we preferred that to having half our party facing a wall. Food was excellent as usual. We wish we had been treated like the loyal customers that we are. And, as we left having spent a lot of money and time there, two good tables were still empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piano Music is GREAT!fdloverDined on 7/3/2014On Thursday Friday and Saturday, Tony plays the piano and sings jazz in the bar area and the music is also piped throughout the entire restaurant. Unique dishes with great presentation!! and taste!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional experiencehautemaleVIPDined on 7/2/2014Salad special was picked that day from chef's garden. The goat gnocchi was one of. The best gnocchi we've had. The bison short rib was tender and fall off the bone. Service was exceptional, including a visit from the chef. We foodie around the world and this restaurant and its food deserves the accolades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DiinertrishapDined on 6/29/2014Exceptional food, service and experience. Everything was perfect for our 20th anniversary dinner and we highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Surprised at portion size / serverDenverDinerVIPDined on 6/29/2014We chose Grouse Mountain to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and to eat before 6:15 pm so as to have their "Early Diner's Special". I've eaten at other Beaver Creek restaurants and even at Grouse once before. Bottom line is that our portions were tiny. My girlfriend got the grouper, and I the pork chop. While they tasted great, her portion was about 3 ounces and mine half the standard order size. The menu says nothing about partial portions. In fact, it says "Choose a Main". If the Early Diners is half portion, then it's a worse price actually ordering a half portion of the main. We mention the tiny size of her grouper to the waitress, who says "well, it is a tasting menu". Simply not true. We had great wine but were highly disappointed
- Always a consistent favoritevail8150Dined on 6/27/2014Never disappointed at chef"s creativeness anf great service. Feels like they know you every time...from valets to servers and host/hostess!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014The food and service were spectacular. Coupled with the friendly wait staff and Tony G. at the piano , this is now at the top of our list for restaurants in the Vail region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 524 reviews are from the Grouse Mountain Grill reviews archive.
- another excellent experiencebcskierVIPDined on 6/21/2014after a string of bad service experiences several years ago, we cut back on visits here. the food has always been outstanding so we decided to try it a few more times. we have been very pleasantly surprised. now the service matches the food -- friendly, knowledgeable and no longer pretentious. each of our last three experiences have been very enjoyable. keep up the great work.Special Features:
- Great experienceBillDined on 6/7/2014Menu was varied (for a summer menu) and all the food was great. Service was quite good. All in all a great experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Restaurant!!!jm7128Dined on 5/31/2014My wife and I last visited the Grouse Mountain Grill a couple of years ago, and couldn't wait to get back. They did not disappoint!!! They had a prix fixe Spring Tasting Menu with any appetizer, entree and dessert on the menu. I highly recommend the cavatelli (squid ink, chorizo, chiles, crab) - it sounds a bit daring, but was superb. The lobster appetizer was a very close 2nd! Our entrees were the beef tenderloin (my wife loved the potato pave') and the bison short ribs (brined and braised for for 24 hours!). Desserts were wonderful - flourless chocolate cake (you could taste the fresh mint in the mint ice cream!),and the rhubarb (crustless cheesecake, rhubarb sauce, rhubarb bar, candied ginger). A great dining experience!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/29/2014This is probably our favorite restaurant in Beaver Creek! Our server was Rachel and she was terrific! We had the duck and the pretzel coated pork chop. Both were delicious. My husband had the lobster appetizer and said it was excellent. Definitely a must when you visit Beaver Creek.Special Features:
- Amazing Food, Atmosphere and Drinkshmarsha3Dined on 5/24/2014My boyfriend and I received a gift card to this place for Christmas and our birthdays are the same week so we decided to save it for the occasion and it was more than worth it! We had a lovely table with a candle and there was an iPad for us to look at the wine list on. The waiter was so friendly, knowledgable, and never once did we feel rushed to make a decision. The food was beyond amazing and everything was served as a piece of art. I had the pineapple Mojito and I want the recipe for my personal collection. The food came out fairly quickly which I was not expecting. Of course, it was pricey, but we were lucky to have a gift card. I highly recommend this place. Everything about it was perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corporate Dining ExperienceDinerDined on 5/24/2014The food was delicious but the restaurant did not seem intimate more like a modern business. The menu had a 3 course fixed price with quite a few choices. Salads could be substituted for desert. The bison short ribs were delicious. Our wine was excellent but very pricey. At least twice as expensive as in a wine store. If you are on a business credit card it might make sense. The staff was very courteous and our car was waiting at the door when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Jewel in the RockiesCuisineChickVIPDined on 5/24/2014We first heard of Grouse Mountain Grill sometime years before our visit. Having become acquainted with some of the people who helped to open it and when searching for a place to celebrate a recent event in our lives, we chose Grouse Mountain Grill for the purpose. WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED! In fact, we commented that it could become a regular destination when we are in Beaver Creek. The dining room an just opened a night or two before for the summer 2014 season and they were featuring their Spring Tasting Menu. We selected the Crab appetizer, the Asparagus Soup, the Beef Tenderloin, with added sides of Crispy Polenta and Glazed Carrots. All were perfectly made and presented with flare! Dessert? A hit as well: Apple Bread Pudding! YUMSpecial Features:
- Great end of season mealbcskierVIPDined on 4/18/2014Outstanding food, interesting wine list and friendly, knowledgeable service. Great combination.Special Features:
- Always a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2014As always, the pretzel crusted pork chop was fabulous! Carlos, our server, was a delight. The only thing we truly missed was Tony G. He makes the dining experience complete with his music and personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealBeckymVIPDined on 4/11/2014This place is pricey but our meal was outstanding. There are lots of gourmet restaurants in BeaverCreek-Vail Area to choose from. If you are looking for fine dining, you won't be disappointed if this is your choice. Husband had trout and I had their pasta - we ended up splitting both meals because we each wanted what the other One was eating. My husband said this was his favorite meal while we were on vacation. We were in BC for five Weeks so we ate out a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously inventiveWorldcuriousVIPDined on 4/2/2014We came with our four adult children and were fortunate enough to have Duffy as our server. Duffy could and did make every dish sound so delicious that we struggled to make our dinner choices. Three of us had the ultra delicious bison short ribs, everyone thought their choice was the best. Duffy rhapsodized about the desserts, but we didn't find them as rave worthy. When I only ate the peaches from mine, Duffy noticed and removed it from the bill. My only complaint, if you will, is that the wine list, while filled with some terrific wines, is also loaded with terrific (and by that I mean high) prices. This is a minor complaint, however, given the quality of the experience. We will definitely be back and hope Duffy is still there!Special Features:
- Excellent Service, Outstanding Foodlo2pinkDined on 3/27/2014Our experience at Grouse Mountain Grill was so good we decided to eat there a second time during our stay. The atmosphere is elegant, but not swanky. Try the pork belly starter. It melts in your mouth. I got the elk and my husband had the bison short ribs. Both were excellent. The peach dessert was out of this world, too! Our waiter was awesome. Overall, one of our favorite restaurants in Beaver Creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal!HeatherVIPDined on 3/25/2014This was our second trip to Beaver Creek and to the Grouse Mountain Grill. The food is just amazing and the service is top notch. They also have good bread and great desserts. It's pricey but worth it. Also, the apps and entrees are a good size. Sometimes in upscale restaurants the portions are small...but not at the Grouse Mountain Grill! It's definitely worth a visit if you're in the area!Special Features:
- Real Deal in BCSamLUVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food here is worth every penny and legitimately creative and exciting -- a contrast to a lot of the restaurants in the Beaver Creek area where you're paying simply for the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guests that dined were veryYummyDined on 3/21/2014Guests that dined were very pleased with everything that Grouse had to offer they will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedPermVIPDined on 3/17/2014After reading the reviews we were really looking forward to this Meal and invited a client. we all ordered different items and only the pork chops got a thumbs up. All the other items were over salty and mediocre at best. We will not return.