Grouse Mountain Grill
Beaver Creek Resort
Avon, CO 81620Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Grouse Mountain Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.grousemountaingrill.com/
- Phone: (970) 949-0600 ext. 1
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly from 5:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Gutowski
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private or semi-private functions for groups of 20-100. The spectacular Private Alpine Ballroom accommodates group of 10-100. The Executive Boardroom accommodate more intimate groups of 6-40. Grouse Mountain Grill does have a Group Services and Sales Manager to help with every step of the planning for private or special events of all kinds. Corporate dinners, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, birthday and retirement parties, family reunions and brunches are examples of the special events our guests have enjoyed at our location. Grouse Mountain Grill delivers a very high level of service to all of our guests and groups receive the same attention to detail as our individual diners.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Dowell 9709490600x102
- Entertainment: Jazz pianist, vocalist, Tony Gulizia during winter and summer seasons. Tony is currently off and will be back just before Thanksgiving
- Special Events: Thanksgiving menu features a traditional feast with all the trimmings. The regular menu is not available.
New Year's Eve features a fixed price five or seven course menu, live music, fireworks viewing, dancing for the late seating, party favors and champagne toast.
- Cross Street: Village Road
- Public Transit: Beaver Creek Village Transportation is available by phone for a complimentary ride anywhere within Beaver Creek Resort.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking is offered at The Pines Lodge by Valet only. Your car will be parked on site and is free of charge to individual diners.
A word from Grouse Mountain Grill
Enjoy panoramic views, contemporary cuisine with a regional influence, award winning wine menu, fantastic service and live dinner music. A crackling fireplace sets the mood. Chef David Gutowski was recently invited to present dinner at The James Beard House in Manhattan where he cooked each course with Colorado meats, cheeses fish and produce. The dinner was sold out before it hit the calendar. Come and enjoy the cuisine of this rising star!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Grouse Mountain Grill - Best Restaurants in Beaver Creek ›
Grouse Mountain Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)fit for foodies (27)romantic (26)scenic view (25)notable wine list (21)great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Best venison and bread puddingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2009Best venison and bread pudding I have ever had. Thanks for making our night special!Special Features:
- One of the resilent restaurantslocaldinerVIPDined on 2/17/2009One of the resilent restaurants in Beaver Creek. You can bank on it for consitently excellent food, wine and wervice.Special Features:
- Wonderful 3-course dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2009Wonderful 3-course dinner menu for early eaters! 5-6pm. Some of the best mountain cuisine I have tasted. Jazz piano playing in the background.Special Features:
- This is a must-do when diningBeavercreekloversDined on 1/27/2009This is a must-do when dining in the Vail Valley. It is our very favorite restaurant there! Although it is not inexpensive, the presentations of dishes are gorgeous, the portions are large, the service is very friendly and attentive, and it is simply an extremely pleasant experience. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The atmosphere is relaxed.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2009The atmosphere is relaxed. Piano music from the bar floated in through the dining room. The service was patient and attentive. The food was outstanding. The lamb was moist and tender and nearly fell off the bone - and I never knew a pork chop could taste so good.Special Features:
- One of three favorites inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/20/2009One of three favorites in the entire Vail Valley! Dependable for a wonderful evening and experience - the food and the service are special.Special Features:
- Great home baked breads andMikeVIPDined on 1/19/2009Great home baked breads and pastas!! Love the GMG. Pricey but worth it!!Special Features:
- If you are taking your children,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2009If you are taking your children, they do have a nice kids menu that expands their horizon a bit. The wine list is great and they have some unique selections of foreign made wine.Special Features:
- From the understated eleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/17/2009From the understated elegance of the dining room, to the efficient and professional staff, our evening at GMG was wonderful. All appetizers were expertly executed and simply amazing. A special highlight was the warm lobster mascarpone cheese "stack". Entrees were also fantastic. The venison was expertly prepared and was paired beautifully with home-made sausage. Both orders of beef tenderloin were fork-tender and were cooked perfectly. The only disappointment of the evening was the bread pudding we shared for dessert. It's not that it was bad, it's just that I make far better bread pudding than than that and I'm not a pastry chef. Finally, special recognition should go to the expansive wine list and the extremely helpful somSpecial Features:
- OF 5 MEALS ORDERED AT OUROpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/16/2009OF 5 MEALS ORDERED AT OUR TABLE, ONLY ONE WAS GOOD, THE PORK CHOPS. 2 STEAKS ORDERED MEDIUM WERE SERVED WELL DONE. 2 ORDERS OF SCALLOPS WERE SERVED WITH A DISTINCT FISHY ODOR. THE TASTE WAS JUST AS FISHY. ALTHOUGH THE SCALLOPS WERE REMOVED FROM THE BILL, I FIND THIS TYPE OF FAILURE TO BE UNACCEPTABLE FOR A RESTAURANT OF THIS CATEGORY.
- Simply the best restaurantDaveDined on 1/5/2009Simply the best restaurant in the Vail Valley. Great atmosphere, great food, great service, and an extraordinary wine list.Special Features:
- An authentic mountain experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/30/2008An authentic mountain experience with great local food and an excellent American scentric wine list, both complemented by very friencdly service. A must when visiting Beaver Creek.Special Features:
- Really quaint little place,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2008Really quaint little place, food was quite nice. The scenery was beautiful. The only issue was service... our waiter was too busy or acted too busy and was not appropriate in his service.Special Features:
- This restaurant was highlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/29/2008This restaurant was highly touted but we were disappointed with our dinner experience. The host was far from welcoming when we arrived for our reservation. Once seated, the service was slower than expected. The soup of the day was quite bland, but better after salted/peppered. The beef steak my husband ordered was good, however, the rack of lamb recommended by the waitress was a poor choice. It was a very fatty piece of meat. When asked by the waitress how our dinner was, we brought this to her attention. She commented that she would "let the kitchen know". No apolgy. We never heard another thing about it. This restaurant performed far below our expectations.
- The Grouse Mountain GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/27/2008The Grouse Mountain Grill has consistently great fine dining in Beaver Creek. The service is excellent, and the food is always good. The location in the Pines Lodge is a little bit out of the way, but well worth the trip. During the busy 2008 holiday season, our family enjoyed an excellent lamb shank special, with meat that practically fell right off the bone. We will be returning to the Grouse Mountain Grill.Special Features:
- incredible food, exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2008incredible food, exceptional service, highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Great view of the beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/27/2008Great view of the beautiful Beaver Creek ski slopes. What a treat for a Thanksgiving dinner. The music was by a local favorite who was fantastic. Thank you for making our Thanksgiving so memoriable!Special Features:
- Our first time there; greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2008Our first time there; great experience; food was superb; staff were very good in all respects; would definetly go again and recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Very special ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/27/2008Very special Thanksgiving dinner. The adults liked it very much, but a little too different for young kids. The turkey was a hit however. Maybe would suggest making sure there is enough kid friendly food to keep them calm while we are enjoying our wonderful meals.Special Features:
- The restaurant staff was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2008The restaurant staff was very professional, courteous, and attentive. My family was very pleased and would enjoy dining at this fine restaurant again.Special Features:
- GMGrill has an amazing viewRBNiVIPDined on 9/1/2008GMGrill has an amazing view over all of Beaver Creek (BC) Villiage and the ski mountain, and is always ranked number 1 or 2 in BC. Tony the host is the best, giving the most pleasant and personal service one ever wanted. The pre-6pm special was unbelievable, as we got a 20oz steak with app and dessert for under $30, we would have shared one if we knew it would have been that big! The outdoors is georgeous, but it happen to rain the night we were there, so it had a romantic mist over the Villiage. I have eaten there many times over the past 10 years, and will go back every chance I can.Special Features:
- It is our absolute favorite!BeavercreekloversDined on 8/22/2008It is our absolute favorite! The portions are huge, and the quality of the food is outstanding! We can't wait to go back again in the winter.Special Features:
- While the room is lovely andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2008While the room is lovely and the service attentive and gracious, the food is ho-hum at best. The prices for the food are high and the wine prices are higher.Special Features:
- Great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2008Great dining experience. One of the best in town.Special Features:
- Don't expect any reviews fromOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2008Don't expect any reviews from your participants if you don't award any points for this reservation. The ratings selected above are not accurate. I only designated them in order to get my comment about "no points" awarded!!!!
- Our waiter was rude, whichOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2008Our waiter was rude, which ruined the experience. However, the service from everyone else (i.e., host, sommelier, etc.) was great warm and accomodating.Special Features:
- Absolutely excellent - asJudidVIPDined on 5/10/2008Absolutely excellent - as always! One of our favorites!Special Features:
- The pretzel crusted pork chopsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2008The pretzel crusted pork chops are wonderful! We had a very enjoyable evening while dining at the Grouse Mountain Grill and will definitely recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Service was excellent. FromOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2008Service was excellent. From hostess, somelier,to waiter all were welcoming and knowledgeable. We were a group of 6 (2 kids). Would have preferrred not to sit in the bar but perhaps that's where they put larger groups. Comments on the food: 2 diners had the long bean salad with yuzu sauce, said it was bland. The salad with blue cheese and the asparagus soup were perfection. The Duck entree was ordered by 2 diners. One said it was one of the best they've had but another said it was tasty but not warm enough. Venison 2 ways, the sausage was too dry. My Veal dish was good but lacked excitement. Definitely appreciate the kids menu. Having a view is a plus. Piano player was a nice touch.Special Features:
- The dining room was beautiful-justOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2008The dining room was beautiful-just exactly how I hoped it would be. I especially loved the pillows on the chairs- like a fabulous home. The whole experience was perfect and I can't wait to go there again. Marsha AhearnSpecial Features: