Grotto - The Woodlands
9595 Six Pines
The Woodlands, TX 77380Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Grotto - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grottorestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2814194252x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am- 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Francisco Juarez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Custom events are available and include full service and bartenders upon request. Plating, silverware and specialty items are also available for rent. For more information, please contact us directly.
A word from Grotto - The Woodlands
Inspired by classic Southern Italian cooking, Grotto features delicious veal, chicken, seafood and house made pastas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Grotto - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Grotto - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (28)romantic (26)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (14)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Have been here many times but this was the first time sitting on the patio. My recommendation, don't sit on the patio because all their employees that smoke go in and out of the gate. Some of them light up before even being out of sight. Therefore, you can smell the smoke. Some of them even have colorful language when talking about other customers. I don't think I will be going back to this particular location.Special Features:
- Beginning of vacation. .HappyHour1Dined on 9/13/2014We seldom have a day together but this Saturday we started a week of vacation and decided to try brunch. It was a wonderful decision. Your brunch menu is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualityWoodlanderVIPDined on 9/12/2014I usually come for the antipasti bar that never disappoints. Our server was attentive and created lovely presentations of food from the selections. The hostess seated us where I requested -- without the looks that some hostesses give you. She was warm and welcoming. We tasted meatballs, sausage and peppers, fried cauliflower and other traditional Italian foods. Since my husband is Sicilian and I am the ItAluan cook, taught by his mother, we have high standards that Grotto meets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dining experience!AppreciativeDined on 9/6/2014From the valet to the hostess, to the management...to the fantastic operatic bartender, not to mention the AmAzInG waiter ("D")...we truly enjoyed not only the food but also the incredibly attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 9/4/2014The key to dining at the Grotto is consistency. Everything is at the highest level - service, food quality and presentation, ambience - all combine to make every experience a memorable one. We put it in our top five in the Woodlands for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placerwpauporeDined on 9/2/2014good food, good service, nice facility. very authentic feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experienceAmateurFoodCriticVIPDined on 8/31/2014Grotto is a regular food source when we're in the Woodlands. Always pleasing and tasty. Great food, atmosphere and crew!Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningLove2eatDined on 8/30/2014Our waitress was delightful and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceHuntsamDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I ate here for our first anniversary. It was our first time to eat at Grotto and it did not disappoint. With a formal-yet-casual atmosphere it is suitable for many occasions. We were dressed nicely and felt like we fit in well between other formal groups as well as more casual groups. The food was excellent and service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When in the WoodlandsAmateurFoodCriticVIPDined on 8/29/2014We always go to The Grotto before a concert at the Pavilion but it's a great place to go anytime. Great food and crew.Special Features:
- OK, not outstandingSophieMom2Dined on 8/27/2014I drove from League City to met a friend for a celebration of her birthday. The Tomato Basil Soup was good; however, my Italian Chopped Salad was not what I expected. The "prosciutto" seemed more like chewy, regular ham to me and the salad was dressed with a salty dressing that was strangely lacking in other flavors. Our waitress was well trained and did a good job. With the aforementioned, we enjoyed our visit but I will probably not choose this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table Saved the DayHeatherDined on 8/24/2014Our last minute reservation on open table was a life saver! We had a party of 8 for my daughter's birthday celebration and I was able to make a quick reservation. Food and service were superb. Manager checked on us several times and waiter offered to take a picture of the whole group. One of our favorites and will continue to be! Thanks for making her day special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!nicb1227Dined on 8/23/2014We came here once for Valentine's Day, and so we had a special menu, well, this time, we got to choose from the complete menu, and it all looked too good to just pick one. :) LOVE that the portion sizes are good, not too big, not too small.Special Features:
- Friday night at GrottoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014The service was attentive without being overbearing. Food was served well within a reason able time particularly given how busy they were. The place is a little noisy for my taste but I did not find it to be unbearable. overall a nice vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!FirefoxDined on 8/22/2014Everything from our table being ready on time to the quality and taste of the food were excellent. I highly recommend Grotto, and get dessert.Special Features:
- HaileybopDined on 8/19/2014Consistently good food. Excellent service. A little too loud at dinner and tables a little close together!Special Features:
- Amazing!jkfirefighterDined on 8/19/2014I had the chicken Marsala and it was the best I have ever had!!! This is not my Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- very friendlybythewindowDined on 8/17/2014Grotto is always reliable for good food, good service, friendly staff, and Italian ambience. Fish dishes are delicious!Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch at it's finest2dine4Dined on 8/17/2014We had a party of 4 and were delighted to find a brunch menu. The Eggs Benedict were a culinary experience. While others with me had a Bloody Mary I chose the Prosecco. It was delicately light and enjoyable but I should have selected the Bloody Mary! Everyone else was enjoying it so much. Our waiter Zach was phenomenal. Very knowledgeable and helpful with selections. A wonderful Sunday Brunch. A bit on the pricey side for Brunch but great for a special occasion. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchHoukahnDined on 8/6/2014Grotto is ideal for a business lunch. The waitstaff is excellent, a varied menu, good is fresh and of quality and you can hear each other. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels and clamsLikeItalianFoodVIPDined on 8/3/2014Love the mussels, especially Mussels Marechiaro and Linguine Pescatore with mussels and clams. I went to the same restaurant twice over the same weekend, ordered the same food and it has been great. Very kids friendly. My kids were picky on the pizza (too much cheese or too little cheese). In all case, the restaurant staffs were helpful and friendly and thoughtful. Highly recommended. Did not get a chance to the try its wine selection.Special Features:
- not impresseddoogieDined on 7/23/2014Place was very noisy and crowded with the service a little slow. The price was a little high for the quality of the food. The shrimp that were used in our meals were not fresh [had been frozen] with little taste. Maybe a meat dish would be better.
- Food and service was perfectFlannDined on 7/21/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary, the food was absolutely perfect and the service couldn't have been better. The waiter found out that my wife had certain food allergies, and he was very thoughtful of that and brought her a sampler plate of a few apps for her to try. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experienceAmateurFoodCriticVIPDined on 7/12/2014Grotto has been a great experience every time. We went before the concert. The service was prompt and the food was great. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- Consistently Good Service and FoodForaginghoustonVIPDined on 7/12/2014I can always rely on Grotto for impeccable service and food; whether it is the Galleria location or the one in the Woodlands. We wanted a decent dinner before a concert in the Woodlands and Grotto was the perfect choice for a nice meal that allowed us to get in and out in a relatively short amount of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYDINEVIPDined on 7/9/2014Valet parking availability is an assett. Great Food and Great service continue.Special Features:
- Grotto For DinnerIlikeGreatFoodDined on 7/6/2014Eh, Nothing to write home about. Typical Chain type food. No better / worse than Olive Garden.Special Features:
- Great ServiceVettegirl400Dined on 7/2/2014Service, atmosphere and food were wonderful. Quiet enough to carry on a conversation with my guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All time favorite!mcd4foodDined on 6/25/2014The Grotto is a favorite of ours since we discovered it 3 years ago. The service is always outstanding, my husband has special dietary needs and they will always go the extra mile to accommodate him. We recently celebrated his 50th birthday and again we were not disappointed with the food or the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional serviceVirgo786Dined on 6/21/2014Waiter went out their way to provide outstanding service. Food was delicious! Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceSuz98Dined on 6/21/2014Joey was our waitress and new but she was great! So cute and a great waitress! We will definitely ask for her again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Sunlover17Dined on 6/20/2014Dined here on a Friday night about 8:15 pm for my husbands birthday, place was totally packed, we were dressed nicer than people around us (most had shorts & golf shirts typical summer dress code in woodlands) however our waiter was great, food was FANTASTIC, we had one if the night specials filet mignon with lump crab meat with a Gorgonzola cream sauce, highly recommend! Can't say enough about delicious food! We will be back and next time I'll wear my nice shorts :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MirandaDined on 6/20/2014Food was very good and so was the service. However, we spent my husband's birthday dinner with no real conversation due to the noise. I couldn't hear the other 3 people at my table at all. We could barely hear the waiter. After much frustration we just quit trying to talk to each other, finished our food and left. I won't go back anytime soon - at least not for dinner. Maybe lunch is better?? What could have been a very lovely experience was ruined by the noise level. I might as well have been there by myself.Special Features:
- Worth the Price.finewinepleaseVIPDined on 6/18/2014Grotto's consistently is better than the average Italian restaurant. Delicious pasta and seafood and great atmosphere. The bread is delicious and location is perfect, wish they had another location on the north side of town. Service is attentive and love the big round tables they have for a group of 6. Glad they are now a part of open table reservations, makes reserving with them easier.Special Features:
- Used to be betterJustCallMeJerseyDined on 6/14/2014We had been to Grotto many times over the past few years, but noticed quality and service were slipping. The food had cheap substitutions in dishes that were once great (small, poor quality seafood now being used), and the service left a lot to be desired. We also had the "pleasure" of facing the kitchen while we ate... and watching a cook take care of some "nasal issues" and then immediately return to the line without so much as washing his hands. Needless to say, we gave the restaurant one final chance, but we won't be returning. It's a shame, as we always enjoyed dining here in the past.
- Noisey and busyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014While the waiter and service was excellent, the noise level, frenetic pace of staff, and busy restaurant was not relaxing for dinner and conversation. Personally, I like a quiet and calm place to eat dinner, relax and unwind. This may be a great place for lunch, but trying to hear above all of the noise, was just to much for me. Food was nothing special, but it was hot when it was served.Special Features:
- Poor serviceDougDined on 6/14/2014Service was awful. Our drink order took 40 minutes to complete. One person got the wrong drink and had to return it. One couple never got their salad while 3 other people received theirs. At least one entree order came with the wrong sides. Food was average. Closing out our tab took at least 30 minutes and contained items we did not order. We were so frustrated, we finally just paid the bill to get out. The noise level was high and it was impossible to hold a normal conversation. We will not return.
- Great experience!bpkat1VIPDined on 6/14/2014Food was awesome! They have gluten free menu items including GF spaghetti. I opted for the chopped Italian salad (which was GF). Great flavors. The salad dressing was added tableside. The wine selection was good as well. But the most enjoyable experience was out waitress Kiersten. She was very busy that evening with her tables but took the time to take good care of us as well as her other tables. Very attentive!
- What Did You Say--I Can't Hear You!TexasJimDined on 6/6/2014The Grotto needs to install mouse dampening. An otherwise very enjoyable dining experience, in all other regards, lessened by an almost unbearable din. Not just this visit, but last one as well. Not worth returning, unless I knew the noise was dampened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Groto in the WoodlandsdiningoutDined on 6/5/2014Food was excellent. Service was a little slow, especially since they were not real busy due to the wine walk going on in the market area. The only complaint was with them not being busy, they stuck us in a back corner near the door to the outside dining so we would get a blast of hot air every time the door opened. Then as it turned out, the indoor door next to our table was for the broom closet. We asked to be moved and were given our choice of tables. We also called the manager the next day and he apologized and thanked us for the input.