Grotto - The Woodlands
9595 Six Pines
The Woodlands, TX 77380Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Grotto - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grottorestaurants.com/
- Phone: (281) 419-4252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am- 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Francisco Juarez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Custom events are available and include full service and bartenders upon request. Plating, silverware and specialty items are also available for rent. For more information, please contact us directly.
A word from Grotto - The Woodlands
Inspired by classic Southern Italian cooking, Grotto features delicious veal, chicken, seafood and house made pastas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Grotto - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Grotto - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (27)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (24)romantic (21)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Awesome!dinkypDined on 11/16/2014I've been to this location 4 times now and it has been amazing all 4 times. Our server this past Sunday was great. Very attentive to our table, while not hovering over us. He offered suggestions on the menu that were all spot on and every dish we ordered, we enjoyed tremendously. I wrote a scathing review of The Grotto in Las Vegas, simply because this location had set my expectations so high. The Grotto in The Woodlands is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014I had the Salmon, it was cooked perfect and was so delicious. My husband had the special, mahi-mahi, and he said it was excellent too. The service was a little slow in the beginning but got better as the evening went on. The waitress made recommendations on some wines, and we really enjoyed what she recommended. Overall, we enjoyed our dinner and would go back.Special Features:
- Great BruchMMJJDined on 11/9/2014We went there for lunch, but the brunch menu was also available. Actually we ended up with delicious dishes from it. Great bread !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply averageBabsDined on 11/7/2014Atmosphere and surrounding area was very nice. Food was less than memorable and above average price for portion and food types. Drinks were very good and priced on par. Waiter and service was frustrating. If you're in a hurry and like being rushed through your meal, this is your place. If you want a romantic date night, I HIgHLY suggest you go elsewhere. If your're looking for a go to drink place in a nice setting, I would recommend. Life's short, choose wiselySpecial Features:
- Great lunch spotCarpcoDined on 11/3/2014The food was very good. I had the chicken special and my brother had a penne pasta dish which was a little spicy for his sensitive palate. It was not very crowded for a Monday @ 12:30-2-00pm. Our waitress, Hillary, was very helpful & attentive. I asked for guidance and she accommodated us with excellent suggestions to make the meal outstanding. The entire dining experience was so good I chose Grotto's Galleria location to provide a meal for some very dear friends who are staying in Houston while their son is being treated at MD Anderson for cancer. The take out order took a long time to pickup as it was not ready when it should have been. However, it was worth waiting for and my friends thoroughly enjoyed the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014They took great care of my family and friends. Service was professional and attentive. Great dining choice for a casual meal or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedEdwardVIPDined on 10/28/2014Grotto is a very average Italian restaurant with very average service. It is a chain restaurant owned by the Landry's restaurant group and although I was very excited by the looks of the restaurant outside - I was not impressed in any way. We had the calamari appetizer, a house type salad with avocado which was below average and a veal dish that was passable but nothing special.Special Features:
- What's up with the baby shrimp??carmenchicaDined on 10/25/2014A beautiful place to dine but the noise level high, so a quiet romantic environment is is not. I ordered Shrimp with asparagus and lemon sauce. The asparagus was sliced in 1" pieces totaling maybe 1 spear and every piece had tough fiber that could not be eaten. The manager immediately had it re made for me and the asparagus came out perfect. Also, the dish had 3 large shrimp on top and tiny shrimp spread throughout. for the price, i did not think it was worth it. It was a weekend evening and we expected the place to be really crowded and it was not. Cannot help but think they were cutting costs with quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightUncleBobDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I had a great date night at the Grotto. The services was great and the food awesome! I highly recommend!Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Appitizers were very good and service was great. The only issues were with the main courses. The lasagna and ravioli were alright, but could have been a little warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itRitterDined on 10/18/2014Great food, great servers! Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In Serious DeclineEatsalotDined on 10/17/2014Formerly one of our favorite restaurants, this is our second visit in past few months where the food was unsatisfactory. It was slow coming out of the kitchen, and just to be frank, tasted bad. Only one veal dish out of five plates was acceptable; fish, pasta, and chicken dishes were off the mark. Apparently, we are not alone. Whereas in the past, there was a long wait to dine here, on this Friday, restaurant was only 2/3rds full. Too many choices in the area; Landry's will have a hard time attracting us back.
- Fun and delicious!JluvstheOzDined on 10/8/2014Perfect restaurant for a girls' shopping lunch! Great food, great service, and really good wine! The salads were terrific. The portions were excellent too. It was quiet enough to have a real conversation with my friend. The people at the next table were celebrating a birthday with an amazing-looking dessert with a sparkler on it! Really charming and fun!Special Features:
- DisappointedunconvincedDined on 10/4/2014Based on prior visits some time ago my expectations were high - but i was very disappointed on all counts - especially the service and the food.
- Nice Pre-Concert Dining SpotDeereManDined on 10/4/2014good spot for a light dinner before a concert at Cynthia Woods Pavilion. Easy walking distance, and open for a quick nightcap after a concert. Very good table service. Fast service and good food. Convenient valet parking.Special Features:
- Awesome again!paskeeatsDined on 10/4/2014Like eating at home with friends and family! Keeps us coming back again and again!Special Features:
- BrunchNasoDined on 9/28/2014First time for brunch, go there often for lunch and dinner. Brunch was "not good"........my order was cold and wife's order was tasteless. Dishes were over price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacepaskeeatsDined on 9/27/2014I love to cook at home, so I was looking through the glass at the cook line and the chef waived me back...I got a tour of the kitchen, how it worked etc etc ...I was so pumped I wanted a job right there. We have determined that this it OUR spot!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So bland.CamilathrillaDined on 9/26/2014Everything we ordered was bland. My friend got the salmon and I got the ribbon pasta with a red sauce over it and it was missing flavor. Our server was also a little slow and we had to ask him to repeat himself after everything he said because it was so hard to understand him. I was expecting more from The Grotto, and I was left feeling disappointed. I probably won't be back.Special Features:
- May be Hazardous to Your HealthDinesoutalotVIPDined on 9/26/2014Cited for numerous health hazards by the Montgomery County Health Department in March, 2014, Grotto seems to go on without concerns for the health of its patrons. We tried this place again after the March health scare, thinking that such a significant restaurant would correct their breaches of proper food handling and hygiene. We were wrong. Main courses were accompanied by tepid to cold side dishes. Despite apologies from one of its managers, such disregard for the health of its patrons is disturbing.
- RedRaider1976Dined on 9/25/2014Dined here on a Thursday night at 7:00. Lots of noise coming from the bar, which is located right in front of you as you enter the front door. Noise level was not too bad in the back corner where we sat. We had 2 waiters, including a waiter in training. Service was attentive. However, they stood about 10 feet from our table over in the corner and talked and laughed loudly throughout our meal, which was annoying. Don't order the Sea Bass here. Mine was about half the serving size, not as tasty, and $10 more expensive than the same dish I had at Kona Grill. House salad was good, ample size, and reasonably priced. Cocoanut cream pie was very good, an ample portion, and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Amazing!RichieDined on 9/19/2014Best Italian food in Houston! The pizza I had was to die for and the waitstaff were so attentive and polite... I never had this experience at any restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected Bettertable42Dined on 9/19/2014This very popular venue is far too noisy for anything but a group outing. Food was OK, but nothing special and the offerings are standard Americanized Italian choices you can get almost anywhere outside of Italy. The service was good or even great, which helped when we decided to make a quick exit to be able to talk.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I scheduled a lunch meeting. The service was wonderful, and the food was fabulous. The noisy level was a bit loud for a group conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Have been here many times but this was the first time sitting on the patio. My recommendation, don't sit on the patio because all their employees that smoke go in and out of the gate. Some of them light up before even being out of sight. Therefore, you can smell the smoke. Some of them even have colorful language when talking about other customers. I don't think I will be going back to this particular location.Special Features:
- Beginning of vacation. .HappyHour1Dined on 9/13/2014We seldom have a day together but this Saturday we started a week of vacation and decided to try brunch. It was a wonderful decision. Your brunch menu is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualityWoodlanderVIPDined on 9/12/2014I usually come for the antipasti bar that never disappoints. Our server was attentive and created lovely presentations of food from the selections. The hostess seated us where I requested -- without the looks that some hostesses give you. She was warm and welcoming. We tasted meatballs, sausage and peppers, fried cauliflower and other traditional Italian foods. Since my husband is Sicilian and I am the ItAluan cook, taught by his mother, we have high standards that Grotto meets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dining experience!AppreciativeDined on 9/6/2014From the valet to the hostess, to the management...to the fantastic operatic bartender, not to mention the AmAzInG waiter ("D")...we truly enjoyed not only the food but also the incredibly attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 9/4/2014The key to dining at the Grotto is consistency. Everything is at the highest level - service, food quality and presentation, ambience - all combine to make every experience a memorable one. We put it in our top five in the Woodlands for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placerwpauporeDined on 9/2/2014good food, good service, nice facility. very authentic feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experienceAmateurFoodCriticVIPDined on 8/31/2014Grotto is a regular food source when we're in the Woodlands. Always pleasing and tasty. Great food, atmosphere and crew!Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningLove2eatDined on 8/30/2014Our waitress was delightful and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceHuntsamDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I ate here for our first anniversary. It was our first time to eat at Grotto and it did not disappoint. With a formal-yet-casual atmosphere it is suitable for many occasions. We were dressed nicely and felt like we fit in well between other formal groups as well as more casual groups. The food was excellent and service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When in the WoodlandsAmateurFoodCriticVIPDined on 8/29/2014We always go to The Grotto before a concert at the Pavilion but it's a great place to go anytime. Great food and crew.Special Features:
- OK, not outstandingSophieMom2Dined on 8/27/2014I drove from League City to met a friend for a celebration of her birthday. The Tomato Basil Soup was good; however, my Italian Chopped Salad was not what I expected. The "prosciutto" seemed more like chewy, regular ham to me and the salad was dressed with a salty dressing that was strangely lacking in other flavors. Our waitress was well trained and did a good job. With the aforementioned, we enjoyed our visit but I will probably not choose this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table Saved the DayHeatherDined on 8/24/2014Our last minute reservation on open table was a life saver! We had a party of 8 for my daughter's birthday celebration and I was able to make a quick reservation. Food and service were superb. Manager checked on us several times and waiter offered to take a picture of the whole group. One of our favorites and will continue to be! Thanks for making her day special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!nicb1227Dined on 8/23/2014We came here once for Valentine's Day, and so we had a special menu, well, this time, we got to choose from the complete menu, and it all looked too good to just pick one. :) LOVE that the portion sizes are good, not too big, not too small.Special Features:
- Friday night at GrottoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014The service was attentive without being overbearing. Food was served well within a reason able time particularly given how busy they were. The place is a little noisy for my taste but I did not find it to be unbearable. overall a nice vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!FirefoxDined on 8/22/2014Everything from our table being ready on time to the quality and taste of the food were excellent. I highly recommend Grotto, and get dessert.Special Features:
- HaileybopDined on 8/19/2014Consistently good food. Excellent service. A little too loud at dinner and tables a little close together!Special Features: