Grotto Oak Brook
3011 Butterfield Road
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Grotto Oak Brook
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.grottooakbrook.com/
- Phone: 6305715700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Abraham Aguirre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Host your celebration at the Grotto Italian Steakhouse & Banquets. Available for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or cocktail & hor d'oeuvres receptions. Serving plated entrees buffets or family-style service. Select from a variety of bar packages or run a tab based on consumption.
- Private Party Contact: Cindy Zimmer 8777317566
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Friday & Saturday nights in our lounge
- Special Events: Join us for our Sunday Brunch Buffet. Featuring Breakfast favorites, Salads, Seafood, Pasta, Grotto lunch favorites, Carving station, Create your own omelet’s and assorted desserts and pastries.
A word from Grotto Oak Brook
We at Grotto, would like to thank you for your interest in considering our restaurant. Grotto's talented culinary team and our expert service staff are dedicated to providing you and your guests with a truly memorable dining experience. It is our goal to provide a fine dining experience with emphasis on serving the finest U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and Italian specialties. Our side dishes are served family style and are large enough to serve two if desired. At Grotto we have created one of the hottest concepts today; our wine bar provides more than 30 wines by the glass and a very extensive private wine collection by the bottle. At Grotto, we are proud of our elegant design, and boast our contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where our guest can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grotto Oak Brook reviews from OpenTable diners
- ClosingwillycatDined on 12/31/2013Had a great new years dinner, complete with champagne toast, horns and hats. However we found out that the Grotto was closing for good after the 31st. It was amazing how well the staff functioned after they had just got that news only a few days ago. Good luck to all of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy New Year DinnerSandraDined on 12/31/2013My husband had a steak and I had fish. Both dishes were excellent. Appetizers and Cocktails were also very good. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Sadly, waitress informed uswwjdredheadDined on 12/31/2013Sadly, waitress informed us that this was their last night the restaurant would be open???!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outTantoDined on 12/29/2013Was a great dinner for spouse and myself to enjoy a meal out after the hectic holiday! We both had steak which came out with cooked as we had asked. Server was friendly and attentive. Nice ambience. I would recommend to others as we have visited The Grotto several times over the past 2 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday NightbrownpegDined on 12/28/2013The food was very good. The service... Excellent! Martin had helpful food and wine selections for our group. His advice was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice ExperienceLuncherDined on 12/27/2013This was the second time I met a small group for lunch at Grotto. The food was good and the atmosphere was great. We could have an easy conversation without shouting or straining our voices. The service was attentive and the $15 three course lunch special was an excellent value. We would come back for the food and atmosphere, but will come often if they continue to offer those types of specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve dinnerDinkDined on 12/24/2013This was the fouth Christmas Eve dinner we've had at the Grotto It is an elegant restaurant with good food. The crab and spin ached stuffed mushroom cap appetizers are wonderful. The red snapper special and blue cheese steak dinner were delicious. The service was a bit too leisurely. There was too much time between the appetizers and dinner and even after drinks took about a half hour before the appetizers After requesting the bill took 20 minutes before we could leave. The servers were friendly and attentive just slow. The ambience is nice and elegant perfect for Christmas Eve dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughters 16 birthday dinner.MWREDADined on 12/23/2013Food was excellent. Restaurant was chilly. Service was fair. Took over 2 hours for dinner and the place was not crowded.
- Wonderful for Quiet LunchfoodslugDined on 12/21/2013We met with out-of-town family for lunch there on Dec 22 hectic shopping weekend. Had a quiet lunch of wonderful food, great wine and excellent service. I always select something I've never had before when I order. In this case, I'd reorder what I had if I were to return. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUNDAY BRUNCHbowzer23Dined on 12/15/2013this was the first time I had been to this restaurant for Sunday brunch and it was fabulous. It was very relaxing even with quite a few large parties there. There was a large selection to choose from and everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent!alo327Dined on 12/14/2013This is the second time that my husband and I have dined here for our anniversary, and both times we were highly satisfied with everything that we ordered. The food was excellent, and the service was professional. They accidentally brought my husband the wrong dessert, and not only allowed us to take the "mistake" home, but also comped the dessert that he had actually ordered. We are making this our yearly anniversary tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The checkSugarGroveDined on 12/12/2013I had to sign my bill with a lip liner the waitress left instead of a pen…a bit strange.
- Great food...great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/5/2013Definitely a place to frequent. Food was delicious and service was outstanding. Had our "Friend's Christmas Dinner" here...all of us were equally pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlawlessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013Highly recommended Everything was perfect from the wait staff to the food to the complimentary desert and champagne for my 2 year anniversary. Martin was our server and he did a fantastic job!Special Features:
- Great service!!Gmm1Dined on 11/30/2013The service was extremely attentive. I was meeting 3 girlfriends, one was almost an hour late. The server kept the rest of feeling satisfied and enjoying our conversation while waiting. And she accomodated the late arrival by placing her order as a rush so it would arrive with the rest of our dinners. The place is nice, the food is great, the prices are reasonable and the service can't be beat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last year herejohnDined on 11/28/2013We have been coming to the Grotto for Thanksgiving dinner for the last five years. Never going back. Then,the place was packed and the food was excellent. Now the food is sub-par and the attendance shows it. One quarter empty. Salman was good, everything else I would have sent back to the kitchen had it been a sit-down dinning experience.
- nice buffet for ThanksgivingbellaDined on 11/28/2013nice buffet for Thanksgiving great service no one rushed us very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch - Don't miss itEduardVIPDined on 11/24/2013I've been doing brunch at The Grotto for about three years and, with the exception of crab claws no longer being available, I've never had a meal or service that has slipped from its usual high quality. Food options are plentiful, food is replenished regularly, servers are friendly, and the price is quite reasonable.Special Features:
- November visitmbf47Dined on 11/23/2013We have been to the Grotto several times and always have excellent food and service. This time was no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2013We went for a birthday dinner and he enjoyed his meal which was most important. We both thought the Chicken Vesuvio was salty - I've had better but liked the option to have boneless chicken. Overall it was a good experience with the exception of the salt level in the food. I prefer fresh herbs and spices to bring out the natural flavor in the food not salt. I'm not sure I would return but he might.Special Features:
- Not very goodBethDined on 11/22/2013My husband's filet was really charbroiled and did not taste very good. For the prices, it should have been perfect. We have dined at this restaurant several times, but I'm not sure we'll go back.
- The food was very good andKJWSRDined on 11/19/2013The food was very good and the service was exceptional. Perfect place for a business meeting and great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time customer, and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013First time customer, and was very happy with the food and our server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staffeathereoftenDined on 11/9/2013Everyone who attended our table was pleasant and friendly. They brought a free dessert to celebrate a birthday w/o a reminder. (I mentioned it with Open Table reservation)
- Worth Every PennyRoRoJoVIPDined on 10/26/2013I love going to Grotto! I actually want to dress up to go here. I took my mother and my aunt here and we had such a good time we stayed for three hours. A beautiful restaurant with a wonderful ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Marsala sauce is delicious!JessicaDined on 10/21/2013The Marsala sauce is delicious! The only thing we noted was that it was a bit bright in the restaurant for an evening dinner.Special Features:
- not a chucky cheesebri969Dined on 10/19/2013I made a reservation to this restaurant for my wife and I. It was our anniversary. I noted on the reservation that this was the occasion. When we arrived, it seemed as though a reservation was not necessary and they seated us like Ihop would. here is a spot! We were put in an area where there was a very large group who had infants and toddlers with them. The noise level at this table over powered the entire room. It was like being at a chucky cheese and not a $50.00 a person restaurant. We are not anti children, for we have a young son, but looked forward to a night out alone and paid a sitter to do so. We would have never guessed that this place on a Saturday night was like going to culvers after a little league game. Disappointed!!
- AwesomeMarieDined on 10/19/2013Used the open table to make the reservation asked for a booth in the main dinning room. Told them it was our one year wedding anniversary. When we seated in the booth the waitress said Happy Anniversary. We have been to the Grotto several times and the food just keeps getting better. After dinner they brought us dessert on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening at The GrottoJillyDined on 10/17/2013The ambience was very nice. Very pleasant dining experience. Went on a Thursday evening. The calamari was average and also the salad. The Chicken Vesuvio was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful first-time experienceJeffWDined on 10/15/2013We decided to try the Grotto after driving past it many times - it was our anniversary and we were looking for someplace we had not been to before. On a Tuesday night the restaurant wasn't very busy, and noise levels were low. It was too cold for the patio, which overlooks the retention pond for the shopping center. (It is more picturesque than that sounds!) Service was fast and polite, the food was very good - in particular, the steak I had was obviously a prime cut, seasoned well and cooked to an absolute dead-on medium. The experience overall was very good. The prices seemed about right for the category of restaurant, maybe a little high for the steaks but they are well worth the price. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Good Food, Good ServiceRICKDined on 10/13/2013The food was very good as well as the service except the hostess, server and the 2 people I spoke to to arrange this family gathering all forgot the special occasion we were there for but we had our own great time without their help. Way too many restaurants in the area to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous food!TimSDined on 10/12/2013The special prime porterhouse steak was outstanding, as was the au jus. My wife's filet was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was average at best,JimbocDined on 10/5/2013Food was average at best, and for the price it was below average. Service was slow but not unreasonable. Saturday night the place was not full and no wait was required for a table. Desert was very good but not enough to bring us back.
- Best steak in ElmhurstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2013Really good cuts of meat and excellent service. Best overall steak dinner I've had in Elmhurst.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing w/ good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2013Have been three times and every time it's been wonderful food and service. Will return.Special Features:
- Many excellent selections.JerryVIPDined on 9/29/2013Many excellent selections. If you can't find something you like on this menu you have a problem. Food is excellent, service is always good and they make the best martinis around. The outdoor dining is a great option when the weather permits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration helperAmberDined on 9/29/2013We were there to celebrate a birthday and our waitress and the hostess were cognizant of that and very kind. We could easily hear each other speak and were not jammed into tables. Wonderful service, very good food and a delightful ending with a cake and candle. Definitely going back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingbsk8ball34Dined on 9/27/2013I went to the restaurant with my mind set on having a steak. But after looking over the menu, I decided to give the chicken breast limone style a try. That ended up being one of the best meals I've ever had. The chicken was cooked perfectly. Also, our waitress was extremely knowledgeable, and had a great sense of humor as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the GrottoKATHRYNDined on 9/26/2013I go to the Grotto regularly -- this month twice -- every Thursday they have $14 Filet Mignon - cannot beat that and it is delicious. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is deliciousHappyatBrunchVIPDined on 9/22/2013The wait staff are fantastic and food was delicious. Brunch menu items great for adults and kids. Will be back for Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.