129 E. Fremont Street
The Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino
Las Vegas, NV 89101Neighborhood:
The Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grottorestaurants.com/
- Phone: (702) 386-8341
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Late Nite Menu: Fri - Sat: 11:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Ray Bar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Grotto
Inspired by classic Southern Italian cooking, Grotto features delicious veal, chicken, seafood and house made pastas – the signature Osso Bucco is not to be missed! The breath-taking décor features spectacular hand-blown glass chandeliers, whimsical murals and custom-made polished iron scrollwork. Wine connoisseurs will be impressed with the extensive collection of Italian and domestic selections. With our winning combination of impeccable service, superb cuisine and passion for detail, Grotto is the perfect Las Vegas location for Italian dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Grotto reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)special occasion (19)good for groups (19)notable wine list (16)romantic (15)scenic view (12)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (11)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- This was a nice restaurantsjdugesDined on 11/25/2014My wife and I had dinner here because we were given certificates for a meal at one of the restaurants at the Golden Nugget. The ambiance was great and the service was good, my wife got the Rigatoni dish, but I was a bit disappointed with my dish. I got the Mahi Sicilliano and the fish was a bit bland. The sauces and other items on the plate were good, but I felt the fish was under seasoned. If we ever go back, I'll try something else. Otherwise, we had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal with a viewssbn626bDined on 11/25/2014One of my favorite Vegas places for dinner, with a nice view of the aquarium/fish tank. As usual the meal was fantastic, their freshly made food is always great. I had the cannellini, which was moist and creamy. Others had the Spaghetti Bolognese (my usual pick) which they all loved, as well as the Lasagna which I tried and found to be very creamy and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch findLoveItalianVIPDined on 11/21/2014I rarely am able to get out for lunch, but this is one of my top 3 for lunch downtown. Great food and the service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBDGirlDined on 11/9/2014Everything was as I remembered. Great food and very attentive staff. Manager stopped by to ask how everything. Will return again.Special Features:
- We will return!PamelaDined on 11/8/2014Every time we travel to Las Vegas we have inner at the Grotto. The staff is incredibly attentive, polite and so friendly. The food is very good and they have a good bar. If you sit in the patio you can watch the salt water tank filled with shark and huge fish and people shooting through it in a clear tube slide. Highly recommend this great restaurant in the Golden Nugget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Memory AgainGrottoDiningDined on 11/8/2014Every time we leave Arizona and come to Las Vegas, we stay at the Nugget and we NEVER miss having a dinner at the Grotto. Everything at the Grotto is wonderful; the service/waitress, the hostess, the food, the wine, ambiance, EVERYTHING. We always recommend the Grotto to anyone we talk to. Thank you again. It was my husband's 57th birthday dinner and another wonderful memory for us and our friends. Thank you and God Bless.Special Features:
- Good ChoiceMartinGirlDined on 11/8/2014Very good food in casual dining with reasonable pricing for a casino restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better last yearjbakervacationDined on 11/4/20142 of the 3 dishes ordered were perfect. The chicken franchese was obviously too overcooked and burnt on the edges. The problem was that the restaurant tried to cover it up with some kind of mushroom sauce in the hopes that it would go unnoticed. It was decidedly not good, and definitely not worth the cost.Special Features:
- Excellent!!GrottoDined on 10/30/2014Every time we are in Vegas, we eat at Grotto. The food is consistently good every time. We have normally always had excellent customer service, but this time our waiter didnt really seem like his head was in the game that night. We were not told any specials, and I think there were some because I heard a waiter at another table telling his guests. He also brought the check and never asked us if we wanted desert. You CANNOT skip desert at this place. It is a must have. I highly reccommend the Angel food and Strawberry desert. Delicious.Special Features:
- Third-time customerJeffersonDined on 10/25/2014Grotto is becoming a must-do dining experience when we visit Vegas. We love the food and insist on sitting next to the pool for a great view. The waitress this time around was a bit on the slow side (the restaurant was not that busy). However, we still loved the food. We'll be back next year!Special Features:
- Excellent meal!Vegas2Dined on 9/28/2014My wife and I visit las vegas about three times a year, we always stay at the Golden Nugget. We love Freemont street and all the go's with it. Most of our days here revolve around where we want to eat. Somehow we have never eaten at The Grotto. We have talked about it many times but until last weekend never had. We had dinner there Saturday night, made a reservation, was seated quickly, it had a great atmosphere & excellent service. I had rigatoni with meat balls, EXCELLENT! My wife had chicken with artichoke, she said it was very good as we'll. The prices we're very good, both of us had our dinner with salads and a drink for about 50 bucks!Special Features:
- Fine Italian DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I definitely enjoyed this dining experience very much. The wine and food are absolutely fantastic.Special Features:
- Beautiful view of the shark tankShannonDined on 9/24/2014Really wonderful Italian food, good service and a beautiful atmosphere! We always try to sit in the atrium area (across the walkway, facing the shark tank and pool). We always make sure to have dinner at the Grotto when we are in Vegas. And they have a great happy hour at the bar with really good prices on drinks and pizza. Always an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Nice choice in the GNMartinGirlDined on 9/20/2014If you are seeing a show in the Golden Nugget this is a great choice. Food is good and service very good and you will have an open scenic restaurant to get your evening started. We would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed the food, which was really good but had some issues. We ordered an antipasti platter after I asked what was on it, lots of meats and cheeses, prosciutto, etc. The platter had grilled veggies, excellent, but no prosciutto anywhere. Two types of cheeses, mozzarella and gorgonzola, phenomenal. We then had salads, very tasty. However, I had a summer salad with pears and oranges, cranberries and glazed pecans. Less dressing would be nice; by the time I was halfway through the salad, my lettuce was soggy from the dressing. The flavor combination was nice. My husband and I had veal. The veal was excellent, but very little of it. We had to distinguish it from the mushrooms! Restaurant is very loud, not good for romance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent ItalianTimmstirDined on 9/17/2014Conveniently located inside the Golden Nugget. Dinner was good not the best Italian ever but good nonetheless. Convenient brick oven pizza's to go at lunch time. Great place to get a snack for the pool. The wait staff was extremely customer service oriented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The echoes of the GrottoPaddybeeDined on 9/16/2014Overall, just OK. I ordred the veal parm and it was tough. In an Italian restaurant, I would expect decent veal. The others in the group seemed to enjoy the evening and the staff was especially accomodating.Special Features:
- Dinner reviewvisitingfrom808Dined on 9/15/2014Stayed at the Golden Nugget and love Italian food. The service was great, very efficient and caring. The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terribleDiners876VIPDined on 9/15/2014Ate there two nights while staying at the Golden Nugget and service was terrible both times. Both servers got our order wrong and it was SLOW, even though the restaurant was half-full. Second night we had to ask for silverware and napkins. And dirty dishes continued to just be piled high on the table next to us (apparently from laziness). We have always enjoyed Grotto, but that may be our last time at the Las Vegas location.
- Great view..if you can get it..OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2014We had Bruschetta and Pizza. Both were very good. It was pretty loud in there and was a little more casual than we were thinking. I would go back next time I am in town though. Make sure to request the aquarium view side. We didn't realize that was an option.Special Features:
- Disappointedrosey614Dined on 9/3/2014The restaurant was less than I expected. The Veal Pietro sounded nice but the meal was not served hot. The veal was tasteless and the roasted potatoes were soggy not crisp. Disappointed.
- Delish appetizers and pizzaK9LoverDined on 8/30/2014Appetizers - stuffed mushrooms, spinach artichoke dip - were delicious. Also got a pepperoni pizza, which is freshly made in the on site pizza oven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good italian foodseeebiDined on 8/30/2014seems that the chef knows how to cook italian food; especially the noodles were al dente and the bruschetta was excellent. the wine list was outstandingSpecial Features:
- We celebrated anniversary/birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We met friends on 8/29 for dinner to celebrate both anniversary and birthday. The evening started well while waiting for our table. We had confirmation in writing when reservations were made last month. When we moved to dining area and ordered dinner, a table of around 10 were at the next table, also celebrating - big time! As hard as it was to hear each other, it was next to impossible. I asked if there was another table away from the large group where we could enjoy dessert. We were moved, the manager/server most gracious, and we continued our visiting. The acoustics in the room must have been the problem - all hard surfaces. We will return - due to service and menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the GrottoDocTurkVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great food and excellent service. We really enjoy the Grotto and the view of the aquarium is awesome!Special Features:
- Nice atmospheretravelbugDined on 8/15/2014Grotto is in a great location in The Golden Nugget near Fremont. Food is good and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- MushDined on 8/9/2014Great Food! Excellent Service! Our favorite place to take our visiting out of town gueats.Special Features:
- Fantastic !lovegoodfoodDined on 8/5/2014Grotto was recommended to us by a Las Vegas "Local" last August and are we glad we went! So good, we went back again this summer on our annual trip to Las Vegas. We were a group of 8 adults (foodies) and everyone absolutely loved their dinner. The wine list is impressive, the food is fantastic and very reasonable priced. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- The following 316 reviews are from the Grotto reviews archive.
- Great foodJohnDined on 7/30/2014Been here twice now. This was a great restaurant with great food and a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When in Vegas, dine here!EatAlohaDined on 7/29/2014Great food, superb service. My client enjoyed dinner, too! I am looking forward to next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistentjs524Dined on 7/28/2014I have eaten at the Grotto several times and have found the food to be always consistent and good.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!IllinoisDined on 7/15/2014My husband, 2 teenagers, and I dined there on a recent trip to Vegas. 3 of us had spaghetti and meatballs and my son had pizza. Loved, loved, loved the meatballs!! And the bread was good too! We were all very satisfied when we left. Little pricey, but not to bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VisitFlytnocDined on 7/13/2014My wife and I go to Grotto about once every couple of months. On this visit we had a table next to the kitchen. Service, as always for us, was very good. Every need was taken care of. I personally think the Lobster Bisque is the best in Las Vegas. (minus the red pepper flakes). I had the Filet for the first time and it was cooked perfectly and melted in my mouth. My wife has food allergies so they accommodated her request to alter one of their dishes. She very much enjoyed it. Though it can get a little noisy when hotel guests walk by the Grotto is very quaint and can be romantic. I recommend this place to all my friends and co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grotto does not disappointgreenslimDined on 7/9/2014We have dined several times at grotto when we go to downtown Vegas. It is not exotic but the food is always tasty, reliable and very flavorful. Service is friendly and attentive and there is a casual fun atmosphere. Really enjoy the bruschetta and calamari appetizers. All the pasta dishes we have tried are very flavorful.Special Features:
- A diamond in a Golden NuggetJimSimDined on 7/5/2014My girlfriend and I went to Vegas for the July 4th weekend. Stayed at the Golden Nugget (which was a great choice). Lots of food options down on Freemont St, but it was nice not having to leave the hotel for a great dinner. The Grotto was a great dining experience. Our waitress was attentive, but not over the top. Great personality and service. Food was fantastic. I am Italian and am very picky when it comes to good sauces, pasta and meatballs. All were very, very good. Short wine list, but good choices.Special Features:
- DisappointingMemorableDined on 7/5/2014Appetizers were decent portion size. Dinner portions were very small, I ordered the Pollo Romano and got two very small pieces of chicken on a bed of spinach and artichoke with a small side of penne'. The chicken size didn't even meet the size of a full breast. I didn't expect family style, but for $19.00 I didm't expect to leave the table hungry. The table size for four people was very small and we constantly had to move dishes around to make things work. If you just wanted wine and appetizers for lunch this may be the place for you. We are locals and this was our first time here. We came to celebrate my birthday and didn't even have it acknowledged, my wife noted that it was my birthday when she made the reservation.Special Features:
- Nice downtown restaurantLVSUZDined on 7/2/2014The Golden Nugget looks as fancy as any strip resort. Enjoyable walking through it to the restaurant. The food was very good,a little on the pricey side, but the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grotto'sRadtoniDined on 6/22/2014There were 6 in our party, everyone enjoyed their meals and thought the prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaMaryDined on 6/14/2014Food was excellent. Service was slow and we had to keep asking the waitress for refills etc.Special Features:
- RetiredinlvDined on 6/13/2014Great spot. Our server Denise was outstanding and the food was good tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.