129 E. Fremont Street
The Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino
Las Vegas, NV 89101Neighborhood:
The Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grottorestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7023868341
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Late Nite Menu: Fri - Sat: 11:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Ray Bar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Grotto
Inspired by classic Southern Italian cooking, Grotto features delicious veal, chicken, seafood and house made pastas – the signature Osso Bucco is not to be missed! The breath-taking décor features spectacular hand-blown glass chandeliers, whimsical murals and custom-made polished iron scrollwork. Wine connoisseurs will be impressed with the extensive collection of Italian and domestic selections. With our winning combination of impeccable service, superb cuisine and passion for detail, Grotto is the perfect Las Vegas location for Italian dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grotto reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)good for groups (17)special occasion (14)late-night find (11)notable wine list (10)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (8)scenic view (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fine Italian DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I definitely enjoyed this dining experience very much. The wine and food are absolutely fantastic.Special Features:
- Beautiful view of the shark tankOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014Really wonderful Italian food, good service and a beautiful atmosphere! We always try to sit in the atrium area (across the walkway, facing the shark tank and pool). We always make sure to have dinner at the Grotto when we are in Vegas. And they have a great happy hour at the bar with really good prices on drinks and pizza. Always an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Very good but needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed the food, which was really good but had some issues. We ordered an antipasti platter after I asked what was on it, lots of meats and cheeses, prosciutto, etc. The platter had grilled veggies, excellent, but no prosciutto anywhere. Two types of cheeses, mozzarella and gorgonzola, phenomenal. We then had salads, very tasty. However, I had a summer salad with pears and oranges, cranberries and glazed pecans. Less dressing would be nice; by the time I was halfway through the salad, my lettuce was soggy from the dressing. The flavor combination was nice. My husband and I had veal. The veal was excellent, but very little of it. We had to distinguish it from the mushrooms! Restaurant is very loud, not good for romance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent ItalianTimmstirDined on 9/17/2014Conveniently located inside the Golden Nugget. Dinner was good not the best Italian ever but good nonetheless. Convenient brick oven pizza's to go at lunch time. Great place to get a snack for the pool. The wait staff was extremely customer service oriented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The echoes of the GrottoPaddybeeDined on 9/16/2014Overall, just OK. I ordred the veal parm and it was tough. In an Italian restaurant, I would expect decent veal. The others in the group seemed to enjoy the evening and the staff was especially accomodating.Special Features:
- Dinner reviewvisitingfrom808Dined on 9/15/2014Stayed at the Golden Nugget and love Italian food. The service was great, very efficient and caring. The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terribleDiners876Dined on 9/15/2014Ate there two nights while staying at the Golden Nugget and service was terrible both times. Both servers got our order wrong and it was SLOW, even though the restaurant was half-full. Second night we had to ask for silverware and napkins. And dirty dishes continued to just be piled high on the table next to us (apparently from laziness). We have always enjoyed Grotto, but that may be our last time at the Las Vegas location.
- Great view..if you can get it..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014We had Bruschetta and Pizza. Both were very good. It was pretty loud in there and was a little more casual than we were thinking. I would go back next time I am in town though. Make sure to request the aquarium view side. We didn't realize that was an option.Special Features:
- Disappointedrosey614Dined on 9/3/2014The restaurant was less than I expected. The Veal Pietro sounded nice but the meal was not served hot. The veal was tasteless and the roasted potatoes were soggy not crisp. Disappointed.
- Delish appetizers and pizzaK9LoverDined on 8/30/2014Appetizers - stuffed mushrooms, spinach artichoke dip - were delicious. Also got a pepperoni pizza, which is freshly made in the on site pizza oven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good italian foodseeebiDined on 8/30/2014seems that the chef knows how to cook italian food; especially the noodles were al dente and the bruschetta was excellent. the wine list was outstandingSpecial Features:
- We celebrated anniversary/birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We met friends on 8/29 for dinner to celebrate both anniversary and birthday. The evening started well while waiting for our table. We had confirmation in writing when reservations were made last month. When we moved to dining area and ordered dinner, a table of around 10 were at the next table, also celebrating - big time! As hard as it was to hear each other, it was next to impossible. I asked if there was another table away from the large group where we could enjoy dessert. We were moved, the manager/server most gracious, and we continued our visiting. The acoustics in the room must have been the problem - all hard surfaces. We will return - due to service and menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the GrottoDocTurkVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great food and excellent service. We really enjoy the Grotto and the view of the aquarium is awesome!Special Features:
- Nice atmospheretravelbugDined on 8/15/2014Grotto is in a great location in The Golden Nugget near Fremont. Food is good and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- MushDined on 8/9/2014Great Food! Excellent Service! Our favorite place to take our visiting out of town gueats.Special Features:
- Fantastic !lovegoodfoodDined on 8/5/2014Grotto was recommended to us by a Las Vegas "Local" last August and are we glad we went! So good, we went back again this summer on our annual trip to Las Vegas. We were a group of 8 adults (foodies) and everyone absolutely loved their dinner. The wine list is impressive, the food is fantastic and very reasonable priced. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great foodJohnDined on 7/30/2014Been here twice now. This was a great restaurant with great food and a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When in Vegas, dine here!EatAlohaDined on 7/29/2014Great food, superb service. My client enjoyed dinner, too! I am looking forward to next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistentjs524Dined on 7/28/2014I have eaten at the Grotto several times and have found the food to be always consistent and good.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!IllinoisDined on 7/15/2014My husband, 2 teenagers, and I dined there on a recent trip to Vegas. 3 of us had spaghetti and meatballs and my son had pizza. Loved, loved, loved the meatballs!! And the bread was good too! We were all very satisfied when we left. Little pricey, but not to bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VisitFlytnocDined on 7/13/2014My wife and I go to Grotto about once every couple of months. On this visit we had a table next to the kitchen. Service, as always for us, was very good. Every need was taken care of. I personally think the Lobster Bisque is the best in Las Vegas. (minus the red pepper flakes). I had the Filet for the first time and it was cooked perfectly and melted in my mouth. My wife has food allergies so they accommodated her request to alter one of their dishes. She very much enjoyed it. Though it can get a little noisy when hotel guests walk by the Grotto is very quaint and can be romantic. I recommend this place to all my friends and co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grotto does not disappointgreenslimDined on 7/9/2014We have dined several times at grotto when we go to downtown Vegas. It is not exotic but the food is always tasty, reliable and very flavorful. Service is friendly and attentive and there is a casual fun atmosphere. Really enjoy the bruschetta and calamari appetizers. All the pasta dishes we have tried are very flavorful.Special Features:
- A diamond in a Golden NuggetJimSimDined on 7/5/2014My girlfriend and I went to Vegas for the July 4th weekend. Stayed at the Golden Nugget (which was a great choice). Lots of food options down on Freemont St, but it was nice not having to leave the hotel for a great dinner. The Grotto was a great dining experience. Our waitress was attentive, but not over the top. Great personality and service. Food was fantastic. I am Italian and am very picky when it comes to good sauces, pasta and meatballs. All were very, very good. Short wine list, but good choices.Special Features:
- DisappointingMemorableDined on 7/5/2014Appetizers were decent portion size. Dinner portions were very small, I ordered the Pollo Romano and got two very small pieces of chicken on a bed of spinach and artichoke with a small side of penne'. The chicken size didn't even meet the size of a full breast. I didn't expect family style, but for $19.00 I didm't expect to leave the table hungry. The table size for four people was very small and we constantly had to move dishes around to make things work. If you just wanted wine and appetizers for lunch this may be the place for you. We are locals and this was our first time here. We came to celebrate my birthday and didn't even have it acknowledged, my wife noted that it was my birthday when she made the reservation.Special Features:
- Nice downtown restaurantLVSUZDined on 7/2/2014The Golden Nugget looks as fancy as any strip resort. Enjoyable walking through it to the restaurant. The food was very good,a little on the pricey side, but the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grotto'sRadtoniDined on 6/22/2014There were 6 in our party, everyone enjoyed their meals and thought the prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaMaryDined on 6/14/2014Food was excellent. Service was slow and we had to keep asking the waitress for refills etc.Special Features:
- RetiredinlvDined on 6/13/2014Great spot. Our server Denise was outstanding and the food was good tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fremont Experience DiningAll4thefoodDined on 6/9/2014Good Italian food, friendly waiter and nice atmosphere. Sat at a table next to the Golden Nugget pool and shark tank. Enjoyed the evening dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place...bad locationdiningduoDined on 6/4/2014This is a good restaurant with good food in possibly the best hotel in the sleazy Fremont Experience area of downtown Las Vegas. Seemed a bit pricey (especially the wine) and the service was formulaic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 302 reviews are from the Grotto reviews archive.
- LovelyRJS26Dined on 6/1/2014Food was great! Chicken parm is one of the best ones I've had'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Birthday DinnerJonEvilDined on 5/22/2014I celebrated my bday with a dinner at Grotto's. It came highly recommended, and it lived up to the hype. Very quick service, and our waiter was very knowledgable. I had the Veal Kickerillo (Awesome). Afterwards our waiter surprised us with a cheesecake (the best ever). The entire staff was very nice and responsive, the manager even stopped by to chat a couple of times. All in all excellent decision to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden GrottoLaBonitaCADined on 5/11/2014We dined at Grotto for a late supper (appreciate the late hours) and breakfast on Mother's Day. We (party of 5 adults) had reservations for both meals and were seated promptly. The menu had many good choices for both meals. We would have loved to try the luscious looking desserts after dinner, but alas, we had enjoyed the main courses so much and there was no room to spare! The breakfast potatoes and sausage were not warm enough on one plate, but there were no other issues and we didn't complain. Oh yes, there was one--no cappuccino or expresso!! We were also disappointed that breakfast stopped being served at 10:30, especially on weekends. Good bar specialties, good menu selections, we will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian at its finest!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014We looked up Grotto for an Italian dining evening. The food was outstanding and with reservations we walked right in. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so-sosteveVIPDined on 4/28/2014with so many dining choices in Las Vegas, I'd pass on this one
- Won't Disappoint!PollieWiggleDined on 4/27/2014We have dined here twice and both times the food was fabulous! The cheesecake is to die for! Only downfall is it can get loud in there but it is mainly from tables that are oblivious to others around them and are carrying on like they are at someone's home However, that will not stop me from going back whenever I am in Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, but nothing spectacularRayLVVIPDined on 4/26/2014Food was good, but not a top 10. Bolognese sauce was a bit sweet. Seared mozzarella is very good, so give that a try. Ambiance is so, so since you are in the middle of the casino with walking aisles around the restautrant, so not a cozy spot.
- Fun diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/25/2014Because of the location of the restaurant there is a lot of activity very high energySpecial Features:
- Awesome night outhvngfunDined on 4/24/2014Went to dinner at Grottos on a Thursday evening with my husband and kids (teens). Everyone had a great time. The decor is beautiful. We had a nice view of the shark tank from our table. Our service was good. I had the sea bass and it was delicious! My kids had the lobster bisque and they both loved it. my husband had the ravilo a la vodka. it was a little spicy but he really liked it. they serve breah bread with an oil dipping sauce. My mixed dring was not really good but otherwise is was a great night. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but PriceyGrottoDined on 4/22/2014Food was really good tho the portions were quite small and the price was to high for the portion we received. We went to Gordon Ramsey Pub and Grill and got twice the portions for the same price. This is a great place if you want a quiet romantic dinner with your wife/husband. It has a view of a really cool shark tank on the south end. The service was outstanding and we were treated like VIP's. Great overall experience just need to give you more for the price.Special Features: