Grotto - Galveston - San Luis Resort
5222 Seawall Blvd
Galveston, TX 77551Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Grotto - Galveston - San Luis Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grottorestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4097441500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Robertson and Sous Chef Felipe Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Celebrate life’s special moments at The San Luis Resort, Galveston Island’s premier beachfront destination and the perfect place to get away for your anniversary, birthday, family reunion or other memorable occasions. The San Luis Resort is one of the best in Texas beach weddings with 30 acres of seaside luxury and award-winning dining and beach facing accommodations. For your convenience, we offer 200,000 square feet of total meeting/dining facilities, 700 hotel guest rooms and nine restaurants within the resort. Honored with the AAA Four Diamond Award® since 2000.
- Entertainment: Offering beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico, The San Luis Resort also features the best in Galveston entertainment. Discover Galveston’s newest hot spot.
A word from Grotto - Galveston - San Luis Resort
Inspired by classic Southern Italian cooking, Grotto features delicious veal, chicken, seafood and house made pastas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grotto - Galveston - San Luis Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (5)scenic view (4)special occasion (4)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Good food, nice ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014Our party of 5 enjoyed a wonderful meal in this very attractive restaurant. Everyone was very happy with their meal and the food was really very, very good. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathVIPDined on 7/23/2014Food was excellent. Service was spot on. The bill was hard to understand and we almost shorted our top notch waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodchicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014We were booked for a reservation on a day it was closed.....not to good!
- Outstanding ServiceRolandDined on 6/23/2014Thanks to Joseph our server and the staff for making our Dinner enjoyable, good calamari and Pizza. Definetly will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprizingly goodLivinLifeGalvyDined on 6/17/2014Being a local, and having traveled a lot, the last place I would expect to find a notable restaurant would be a HOTEL. Having said that, the Grotto was FANTASTIC! The four of us each enjoyed our (late) Father's day dinner. We had the salmon, the flounder, spaghetti with meat sauce and lasagna. They were perfect! We even went so far as to share 2 desserts at the table. The angelfood cake with strawberries, and the chocolate cake. HEAVENLY!!!! It's a definite stop if you are dining local!!!! We will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderfully deliciousSusanDined on 5/28/2014This food in the service were absolutely outstanding!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Grotto - Galveston - San Luis Resort reviews archive.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2014I went there for dinner with my wife and our three kids on a Thursday night during spring break.I had made a reservation beforehand and they had our table ready and we did not have to wait. The food was good value for the money. Not the best Italian I've ever had but very good. The ambience was quite pleasant. However, the best part of the experience was the service. It was very efficient and so very natural (not forced, fake or cheesy) it made everything feel just right. We never had to ask for drink re-fills or anything but neither were we constantly bothered by the server asking how things are. Just perfect. If you get Dustin as your server, you'll know what I mean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr. Papaconstantinou's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/7/2013The dinner was exceptional. The food was great and the wine list was good. The thoughtful and attentive staff is really what made the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only 2 minusesGGGGVIPDined on 10/26/20131. The quality of the antipasto meats & cheeses was poor. 2. Too loud in the restaurant to talk comfortably with table partners.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!DineamoDined on 8/13/2013This was a great dining experience by any standards, but given the options available in Galveston, this is by far and away the best food on the island. Excellent food, waiters/servers tried hard and were very kind and accommodating, and the dining room was very nice. Only downside is the view is of the pool, which may or may not be appetizing depending on the scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2013As a fan of the Grotto in Houston, we went to the San Luis in Galveston. We arrived at our reservation time and did not get seated for 45 minutes. Some wait is ok, but we were a large party and if a reservation is not going to be remotely honored, please do not accept them. The waiter forgot our appetizer order and his timing was very spotty. The wine prices were ridiculous and the food was average at best. It was very loud and crowded. Very touristy and underwhelming in every way - felt more like an Olive Garden. Never going back.
- Grotto reviewCjclemDined on 7/11/2013Much too loud for romantic or intimate dining. It was very hard to have a conversation with the others at your table due to the noise level. Three out of five meals were excellent. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, so so foodChadVIPDined on 7/4/2013Service was great with very responsive staff. The server was knowledgeable and everyone was really accommodating with multiple people checking on us throughout the meal. Unfortunately the space was crowded and noisy with the music slightly too loud to be able to carry on a conversation. Food was good, but portions relatively small and not very imaginative. I had a pasta dish with dry chicken I couldn't eat, one of our party had a small square of lasagna and the ravioli dish should have been an appetizer not a meal it was so small. I get the impression it had just opened...hopefully it will get a bit better in the kitchen to match the front of the house service.Special Features:
- New Island FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2013This is a great new addition to the restaurants on Galveston Island! The food was fantastic and the service exceptional; I can't wait until I can go again! The prices were surprisingly very reasonable as well; so much so that it will be very easy to eat there regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.