Grit & Grace
535 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Grit & Grace
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://gritandgracepgh.com/
- Phone: 4122814748x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: 8 person mezzanine private dining
- Private Party Contact: Marissa Gulas 7242558970x
A word from Grit & Grace
Grit & Grace, globally inspired small plates and American Dim Sum, served in an upbeat, social atmosphere. Full bar menu, communal and traditional dining options. Open for lunch, dinner and late night dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Grit & Grace - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Grit & Grace reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (184)hot spot (94)special occasion (62)vibrant bar scene (44)romantic (41)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (37)late-night find (29)great for lunch (24)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great evening...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014We went here with close friends to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. The service was fantastic from the front of the house, to the bar, to our server. All suggestions were delicious and honest. The food is eclectic and fun to share among foodies. I think that our favorite dish was the hangar steak but I was super impressed by the eggplant salad as well. We were even served complimentary birthday desserts! Can't complain about anything. Except maybe for the precarious journey down below to the ladies room... Definitely a special night for us. Will be highly recommending Grit & Grace to my foodie friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different concept but VERY goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The food was awesome and pretty reasonable when you think about the level of detail seen in each dish. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniquePOPSDined on 10/18/2014You have to be willing to try something different! Not my spouse's preference, but I enjoyed the unusual menu. While I alway enjoy trying new things, some of it was just okay, not outstanding. Would recommend to someone who doesn't mind pork belly, atlantic char, hangar steak, goat and tofu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful! We loved it!PittsburgherDined on 10/17/2014Everything were so delicious! Crispy Pig Face was our moat favorite! Very cool and hip ambiance!Special Features:
- Liked the food a lot, but. . .PittseniorDined on 10/17/2014Food was interesting and tasty. My only complaint was 2 glasses of wine for $30!! Really! I ordered the only Chardonnay on the menu which listed the price as $9 a glass. When the bill came it was $15/glass. Although I didn't specify the particular brand listed on the menu, since it was the only one there and the server say there were any others available, I was surprised when the bill arrived. Our food was very good but the price of the wine is a downer.Special Features:
- Fun place to tryColleenODined on 10/17/2014The small and large plates were all very good. We went as a group of 4 with diverse likes and dislikes and yet everyone was tempted to try each dish. No one had something they could say they truly didn't like - just things the liked better. Only issue is that they kept taking the menu. We kept asking for one back so we could order more and also just to know all of the items on each plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fusion HeavenRobynjDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed Grit and Grace for lunch. The dim sum was diverse and tasty and my kimchi Bloody Mary was fantastic. 2 guests ordered the flank steak noodles, 1 ordered the BLT, and I had the mortadella steam bun lunch with the rutebega and watercress salad. Everyone enjoyed their meals, commenting they'd order the same thing again. Those that had the noodles did say it was a little soy heavy, but still very good. Wine selection is limited, but good. When we return for dinner at a later date, I do hope there is valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food;great serviceDarleneDined on 10/17/2014Food is good and different; can get pricey if you go for the dim sum and a meal, but the dim sum are always deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place for SharingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/16/2014G+G is a great spot to order as many dishes as you can and share them with friends. Had 4 dim sum dishes, a ramen bowl, wings, hanger steak, and 2 desserts all split with my buddy. All were above average, the hanger steak and the wings being the stars of the meal.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014Loved everything I ordered! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- ImpressedMinaDined on 10/11/2014This Is the trendy place to go and I was a bit skeptical. I was impressed by the tiki drinks, service and the outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something was missingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014The menu sounded delicious and the presentation was excellent but we're disappointed with the flavor. We had the eggplant salad which we felt was bland. The Ramen looked like something out of my dreams but the broth was missing something and the noodles were meh. The fried tofu was spot on but the mushroom foam did not add flavor and just got in the way. The service was great and the spot had a good vibe. We just didn't feel it was worth the money.
- Great varietyFoodieNFunDined on 10/4/2014Loved the small plates. Great variety. A little bit of something for everyone. Our favorite was the flank steak noodle dish. The sticky bun small plate was just okay. Didn't wow us, but was solid. The pork belly dim sum was excellent.Special Features:
- ccholakOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014loved our first experience at Grit and Grace. Wait staff was awesome. Food incredible. Drinks were fabulous. Relaxed and very enjoyable. Will definitely go back. Cudos to allSpecial Features:
- wonderfuldiner1427Dined on 10/2/2014loved the dim sum and the noodles were perfect. service was very attentive but not overbearingSpecial Features:
- SuzqDined on 10/1/2014Our first time here. The food was wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale DiningTheatreDined on 10/1/2014Great place if you are into small portions and vegan dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for blue collar workersWhoOrderedTheAmbienceDined on 9/30/2014The atmosphere is nice enough, and the food tasted great. But the amount of food for the money... let's just say that this place is suited for foodies, white collar workers who don't worry about price, and those who want to feel and look trendy while eating. Limited menu, not many choices for any course of the meal. For someone looking for a quick meal with good value, skip it. If you want to show off to coworkers or friends and have a two hour lunch, go here.Special Features:
- After Sunday matinee showemmbeeDined on 9/28/2014This place is one of a few great restaurants in the cultural district that is open for business on Sunday. Our show finished at approximately 3:30 pm and we were standing around outside waiting for the doors to open and let us in for a 4:00 pm open. Had we been able to get in to the bar we certainly would have started with a drink. The timing was off slightly--the wait was well worth it though. My dinner party was composed of "foodies" and this place was great. It was a party for our taste buds!Special Features:
- Great place in Downtown PittsburghAlexanderFLDined on 9/26/2014Food was creative and flavorful. We tried a few of the small plates as well as a few dim sums. The pork belly bites were delicious as was the noodle salad. Drinks were very good too. Service was attentive but not overbearing. The place has a great vibe and is very nicely decorated. Nice place for a bit too heavy pre theater dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing small platesPhoebeGDined on 9/26/2014This was definitely foodie fare at a moderate price. We got three dim sum, four small plates, and a sandwich for $50, then shared it among four people and all left the restaurant satisfied. And oh, such exquisite plates they were! There wasn't a single thing we tried that was only adequate, but the best of the best was the smoked brisket. Normally I'm a borderline vegetarian, but the dishes here could make a carnivore out of me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much corianderOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014If you like coriander, you will love this restaurant. They put it on everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How to be a serversuemeDined on 9/23/2014Grit and Grace gets a shout-out for good service. We began the evening at the bar and the bartender knew when to make friendly chatter, when to pour drinks and when to leave us alone to drink the cocktails (delicious!) and talk among ourselves. This pleasant scenario repeated itself when we moved over to our table. The wait staff took orders, made sure liquids and silverware were replenished as necessary, and, miracle of miracles, did not ask us how everything was going every ten minutes! DELIGHTFUL. 1st time diner said she felt like she was dining in Brooklyn; I believe she meant this as high praise. As the food is good, the service excellent and the menu consistently changing, G&G merits many return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and interesting foodChrisBogDined on 9/21/2014I loved it. Although most of the meals are Tapas style, they were much more filling that I anticipated. I would highly recommend it for people that like different and interesting combinations. I loved the Dim Sum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual and deliciousNYCfoodieDined on 9/19/2014We expected an adventurous menu and were not disappointed. Great vibe, delicious food. The pork belly dim sum, carrot salad and crispy Arctic char were particular standouts. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun ExperiencePastaman1Dined on 9/16/2014Nice decor and interesting menu. Perhaps need a few more staple items like another chicken item, vegetarian and larger noodle serving.Special Features:
- Great Food Would Def RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014My fiance and I stopped here during a weekend trip from out of town, and we loved the food. We had 4 different dishes, a dim sum plate, and a desert. They were all great. Arctic char, beef Shank biscuits, heirloom tomato sampler, scallops, smoked pork belly dim sum, and flourless brownie. All great.Special Features:
- Had a great evening here!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My meal here got off to a fantastic start with the dim sum. They had a variety of interesting options, which were ideal for sharing, and at only $5 each made for the perfect appetizers/amuse-bouches. I definitely recommend the pork belly, it was phenomenal. For a main course, I had the Arctic char, which had a lot of exciting, unexpected flavors. I loved the subtle cherry and pistachio combination that kept my palette guessing. The fish was cooked beautifully, and it was served with probably the best kale that I have ever tasted (sorry mom!) I'd recommend this as a good date spot, or for a late night cocktail with friends if you are feeling sophisticated - the bar had a nice vibe! I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Great Asian flavors, very well executed. Best if you want to sample and share. The food just comes when it's ready so it can be awkward for one persons dish to come if you aren't intending on sharing. Then that person is eating while everyone else waits. Also request a booth. The tall tables are very close to each other and the benches were a little uncomfortable. But all in all - great place. We will def go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's the rush?DiningDivaVIPDined on 9/8/2014I wanted my friend to experience the fun of Grit & Grace, hearing all about the unusual combinations that somehow end up tasting fantastic. Our waiter didn't explain things the way that previous waiters had, and he rushed us all evening. I barely put down my fork, and he whisked my plate away. We asked for coffee, and he brought only one. He never checked on refills, and when we asked, it took forever with regular brought instead of decaf. By the time they finally brought the decaf, we didn't want it anymore. I love the "dirt" for dessert, and this waiter didn't even call it that or describe the components. I was very disappointed in him, even though the food was delicious. I don't understand what the hurry was on a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodgrooveDined on 9/8/2014good place for lunch - interesting sandwiches. The wait staff was really nice, bartender, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not authentic at allyellowfoodieDined on 9/7/2014The ramen is so far off from the real deal. Very disappointed.
- Great food, but....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The food here is tremendous. However, the way the food is ordered and comes out takes a little getting used to. Once you figure out how the dining experience works, it is a fun and completely satisfying experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and MissCanadianfoodieDined on 8/31/2014Dishes were creative, but some worked much better than others. Best hits were the pork bites and confit chicken wings. Misses included a ham and broccoli starter that had too little ham and ended up mostly tasteless and an eggplant dish that had too little eggplant, and again, not quite enough oomph. Other reviews overhype the rib-on-a-biscuit dish which was just OK.Special Features:
- Great choices and well preparedLuv2dineDined on 8/29/2014Place was excellent. Pork belly was great. Kimchi was well made. All entrees were good and the small plates were well thought out. The only thing that was a bust was the dessert, we had the house made "dirt" yeah that's what it was called. Though it did not taste like dirt it was not to par with the rest of the meal, and the other options were not impressive as well. Everything besides dessert was great thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange ExperienceATLFoodieDined on 8/27/2014Not horrible, but I won't be back. The menu is scattered. No consistent theme or direction. The food was fine, but pricey for what it was. Some appetizers were standard size while others are tiny. No one knew how to explain the desserts except for the bar tender who came to our table just so we could hear what was actually in the desserts.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/27/2014this is the place for tasty clean eating. I enjoyed my meal immensely. Not what I expected. I thought it was going to be a down home cheesy grits kind of place. Pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spotSnackmasterDined on 8/27/2014Good noodle bowls. Interesting Dim Sum. Nice setting includes some sidewalk seating.Special Features:
- Great Lunch Spot in town!nofon4uDined on 8/26/2014This was my first time eating at this location. One of the best parts about the menu is the fact that you can try so many different items in one visit. The dim sum items are ready to go to pick off the tray and were the highlight as you can easily choose from five or six dishes to try. The main menu has a mix of small plates and more hearty portioned meals. If you are looking for a fast lunch reasonably priced then this is a no-brainer. The food is fast and quality is superb. You can find light lunch items and more hearty items depending what you are in the mood for. I recommend the pig face sandwich, and the smoked brisket sandwich which were some of the best bites of the evening. Great and knowledgeable bartenders/servers.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceBizdinerVIPDined on 8/26/2014I have now eaten at Grit and Grace twice and it's an excellent experience. The food is very creative, the staff is very helpful and knowledgeable, and the menu is fun. It's great to go with a group of people and order a bunch of dishes and share them. You've got to be a little adventurous here but it's worth it. I highly recommend this place for an all around awesome dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.