484 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.grissinirestaurant.com/index.html
- Phone: (201) 568-3535
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday
11:30 am to 11 pm
4 pm to 12 am
4 pm to 10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alberto Leandri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are available, please inquiry for details.
- Private Party Contact: (201) 568-3535 2015683535x
A word from Grissini
Rated "Excellent" and called an "East Coast Spago," by Zagat, we offer Nouvelle Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grissini reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (6)hot spot (6)romantic (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great choice! We will come back many times.cres2013VIPDined on 11/23/2014It was a great surprise! Exellent food, good service, easy parking, far beyond our expectations. We live close and we will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Gnocchi Ever!NJTonyDined on 11/13/2014While this place is highly expensive (stay away from the over-priced specials - $55 for Dover Sole - really?), the food is quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian FoodNonnaLindaDined on 11/1/2014We went to Grissini before going to a show at Bergen PAC. I read some reviews and made a reservation. Everyone was friendly from the Maitre'D to the waiter. The service was excellent and the staff was outstanding. I am very fussy with Italian food and the food was plentiful and delicious. The waiter talked us into getting homemade lemon gelato and that was delicious. I would definitely recommend Grissini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISE!myronfeinsteinDined on 10/25/2014They must fix the noise level. Can ruin your dinner,Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentjoehVIPDined on 10/9/2014this is a lovely restuarant, a bit of a north jersey power scene with lovely owners/ hosts/ waiters who are very warm while offering a very sophisticated experience. The food is simply fantastic though i do with the meats were free range and assured of humane treatment. Overall, Grissini is always a GO!Special Features:
- KEENJVIPDined on 9/17/2014Grissini never disappoints with excellent Italian food and solicitous service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeNaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Great place, good food. A gem of a restaurant and a real find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!SpangleNYCVIPDined on 9/9/2014Nice to be greeted by the Valet to park the car, even midweek. The salads were deliciously fresh and the grilled shrimp for my main course was just wonderful: 4 absolutely gigantic shrimp in a sumptuous sauce. It is just a short ride from Manhattan, so accessible as long as one isn't driving during rush hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the usual Italianpsa2ridgewoodDined on 8/27/2014While Grissini serves the usual Italian fare like deep fried Calamari and a variety of pasta dishes be prepared to sample some atypical offerings like pepper soup, soup made from the blending of fresh peppers. It's outstanding. Also a common appetizer like prosciutto with figs is enhanced by using prosciutto aged 24 months paired with sweet figs with a delicate flesh. The decor is a sleek modern motif, although my table was not the most desirable being next to a food preparation station. I've dined at many Italian restaurants in New Jersey and Manhattan and Grissini is one of the best I've been to, with one caveat this rating is based on only one visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014SERVICE FROM HELL! Has to be the worst service I ever received. Unaccommodating, slow and inadequate. My party receive three wrong dishes and when brought to the attention of my server,(Raphael) it's seemed like "eat it or get nothing" Any question I would ask about the menu seemed to annoy my server. When I would try to get my servers attention I seemed to be ignored, having to raise my voice on a few occasions. And when I got his attention or even the attention to fellow servers, we would get a smart remark(attitudes with all these guys) . An excuse for everything... Ticked me off so much I didn't even enjoy the food.. Awful, Awful, Awful.
- The following 208 reviews are from the Grissini reviews archive.
- ErrrrDined on 7/22/2014I loved the food and the service was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always wonderfulNewyorkerVIPDined on 6/15/2014Grissini is the best. The food is wonderful and the service is very, very attentive. I have tried a dozen different entrees and every entree has been excellent. The fish is perfectly prepared. The calamari is so, so good. The pastas are fresh and perfectly prepared with just the right amount of sauce. The back room is the best place to be seated. Although the noise level is loud I have never had a problem having a conversation. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Strong across the boardOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2014I went here with my father. I have been to the restaurant for lunch which was always good but I was surprised by how good dinner was. Put simply, my steak was PERFECT and the wine was as good. I was worries about not going pasta or traditional Italian but I was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Dining ExperienceRichieDined on 6/8/2014It has quite some time since we were at Grissini's and totally enjoyed our dinner on Sunday. We shared a very nice salad and my wife, who does not eat very much loved the old lobster appetizer. I had the Colorado Lamb Chops and they were amazing, perfectly grilled to order with a wonderful glaze I think? We had no dessert nor coffee. Our waiter was nice as well as the other help We very much appreciated the fact that the menu had the specials printed and with prices, so we did not have to ask Hope to return soonSpecial Features:
- KBM428Dined on 6/7/2014Great food and service. Grissini has always been one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grissinitonymo52Dined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed dinner this past Saturday night as usual the food was fantastic as was the service thank you!Special Features:
- PERFECTetbdiningDined on 4/23/2014The cuisine, presentation and service were exceptional. Will definitely go to Grissini's more frequently in the future. It's a real find!!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable, relaxing, comfortableHappyDined on 4/9/2014Enjoyable, relaxing, comfortable and well staffed with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedTrout10Dined on 4/3/2014My son picked this restaurant for his 16th birthday based on reviews he had read. It sounded good so we gave it a try. Luckily we arrived in a Mercedes or we may have been turned away, there were Bentleys, Maseratis, etc. in conspicuos spots in the parking lot. Aside from the smell me atmosphere, it was loud, service was lacking, and the food was okay. Overall a disappointment for $400.Special Features:
- My pasta had a hard,spinyOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/3/2014My pasta had a hard,spiny fishy object I pointed out to waiter. Maitre'd came back to table with item to tell me it was a microgreen. This was not a microgreen. It was my husband's birthday so I chose not to make a scene. The pompous attitude reaffirms my long absence from here. I have lived in BC for many years and will try my best to make sure my friends hear about this experience. I will go to NYC and pay the same or less and lose the attitude. All I expected was I am sorry.
- GrissiniGrissiniDined on 3/29/2014Very Nice Place, Very Good Food, Service was Good, But the Maître D was unpleasant.Special Features:
- Expensive, but GOODtomayVIPDined on 3/28/2014very good food- but you will pay for it! martini $16.00 nyc prices - MERCEDES crowd, pretentious wait staff at times- but really good foodSpecial Features:
- OverratedBroadaxeRdTaxGuyDined on 3/28/20143 of us stopped in for dinner to avoid the traffic back to NY. We all oderred appitizers. One was the Caprese. The Buffalo mozzarella was great. The tomates however were unripend. It was supposed to have a balsamic reduction, but came in just oil. I asked about it and the waiter just brought us a bottle balsamic vinigar. Then one of our dinner orders was not what was orderred. Again I said something to the waiter and he just brought the sauce from what should have been orderred. Then went on to blame the kitchen. We skipped dessert and left. Overall it was very disappointing and will not make it a stop again.
- Italian Cuisine at it's Finestjaybird51VIPDined on 3/22/2014We had a wonderful dinner here on a busy Saturday evening. Our reservation was for 7:45pm and we were shown to a table right away. However, it was too close to the kitchen and the traffic area in the restaurant so we asked for a quieter table in another part of the restaurant. We were told that we would have to wait for something to open up and were directed to the bar. We ordered club soda, patiently waited a bit, then asked to see the wine list, ordered a nice bottle of wine, and we eventually ended up at the perfect table for us, in the corner by the wine cabinets. Our choice to wait; and we were glad that we did because the experience we had was exactly what we were hoping for. Food and service were wonderful, highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were forced to leave our tableteamsarrowDined on 3/8/201470 minutes into our reserved dinner for two we were about to order dessert when we were presented with the bill and told to move to another table (and to immediately pay the bill). The restaurant had booked a large party and needed our table for four. In a garbled and rushed manner they offered us free drinks, and even dessert "on the house." After we paid the bill, we were asked to stand at the bar, and told we were waiting for a table. But then they asked us to sit at the bar when two chairs, that were not next to each other, opened up. When we said we were leaving the staff seem shocked and dismayed that we were not happy sitting at the bar. The food was excellent, but a welcome feeling was lacking, and the service was unusual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local place can't go wrongFoodie101VIPDined on 3/1/2014Grissini you can rely on for flavors and service. We are New Yorkers and it worth the tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a Night OutRestluverVIPDined on 2/21/2014We had some friends from the city come into visit. Party of 6. we had a nice table at the end and we enjoyed our evening. Food was very good and the service was good also. Appetizers took a bit long to come out but opther than that everythng was excellent. Valet parking and easy access to bridge and overall area a plus. don't hesitate to go to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Italian restaurantsRafaDined on 2/15/2014One of the best Italian restaurants in Bergen CountySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great food, classyDustyVIPDined on 2/15/2014always great food, classy style, great ambience. Very consistent.Special Features:
- Classic Italian RestaurantpausDined on 2/14/2014Dinner Highlights: Black Truffle Risotto & Pasta Bolognese The food was perfectly authentic Italian. The pasta and risotto tasted clean and light. You can tell the pasta is made fresh. The taste came mainly from the quality of the kitchen and not from any butter/oil. This is quintessential Italian cooking, hard to find in New Jersey. They have a great wine selection all from Italy, and the servers are experienced and relaxed. They don't try to hard to impress but deliver in every way. Conclusion: Grissini does not try to be anything it is not. A perfect balance of comfort and elegance with no pretentious attitude. It is a classy Italian restaurant with great service, food, and ambiance. That's it!Special Features:
- Ok local gem if you don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Ok local gem if you don't want to drive to Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going StrongAlbertDined on 2/8/2014Retains its place as a classy upscale Italian restaurant. First went there almost 30 years ago and it was great then. Hasn't changed much...service and food remain top-notch, prices are a little more than other local spots but then you are probably getting what you pay for. Over the bar area now there is a very big screen TV for sports fans but it does not disturb those in the main dining areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at GrissiniGlowDined on 1/27/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Northern New Jersey. I have gone there on special occasions, Saturday nights, New Years Eve. The food is is always excellent, especially the home made pasta and sea food. The Dover sole, my favorite dish, is always fresh and cooked to perfection. The service is great. Best pick on this side of the Hudson. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- DisappointingNanaVIPDined on 1/26/2014We eat at Grissini fairly often but found it to be quite disappointing this past Sunday evening. Once again the menu has changed, prices are higher, portions smaller, wine list offers very few reasonably priced choices. Service was very slow but that was alright since we were relaxing over red wine but when my main dish finally arrived it wasn't what I ordered and when they corrected the mistake, the pasta dish I asked for was missing the mushrooms so even on a second try they got it half wrong!!! The maitre d was made aware and nicely apologized and comped my main. We'll return but not with the enthusiasm we used to have for Grissini.
- Enzo and Michael were theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014Enzo and Michael were the best! Not only funny But very welcomingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Continental restaurantBabsVIPDined on 1/16/2014Grissini"s always delivers with a varied menu that should please everyone. The service was attentive and the food very tasty. The restaurant is odd shaped with a small quiet front area,a narrow main area and a quiet ,but a little dark back room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough veal and indifferent serviceElaineVIPDined on 12/31/2013Drinks and appetizers were fine but things fell apart after our entrees were served. I had halibut which was fine but my husband's veal was tough. He never sends anything back but would have told our waiter if we had seen him again BEFORE our plates were cleared for coffee. When he did reappear I told him about the veal and his lack of attention and he said he was sorry but he was busy. He offered a "free" dessert which wasn't what I was looking for but a nice gesture. We have always had good food prior to this evening.
- The food was delicious. ThechrisVIPDined on 12/23/2013The food was delicious. The service was fantastic. Wait staff were extremely pleasant, very attentive and accommodating.Special Features:
- lacks knowledgemelroyVIPDined on 12/16/2013The food is great and the service is friendly. However, my waiter did not understand different wines have different vintages and one vintage can be great, while another not so much. The GM mad up the difference by offering a more expensive vintage for the same price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent improvementsRobynslp95VIPDined on 12/7/2013I haven't been to one of my favorites in awhile. Recent improvements include a new chef , interesting cocktail list at the bar (though they don't have all the ingredients ) and a solid use of truffles across the menu . The food was excellent . My only complaint is the ridiculous mark up on the wines . You can eat in the city and pay less for the same choices . For example silver oak was twice what it is at any comparable level in fine dining . The menu is expensive as is without having to bang people over the head for wine . If they are going to charge astronomical amounts at least have some sid choices in the 50 to 100 range - there's hardly anything inusing white !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.