Grissini Ristorante Italiano
30125 Agoura Rd.
Agoura Hills, CA 91301Neighborhood:
Agoura Hills / Westlake Village
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Grissini Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grissiniristoranteitaliano.com/
- Phone: 8187359711
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: Closed but available for private parties
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Grissini boasts a chic private room, in which we can accommodate your needs to create your special event. From cocktail parties and passing hors d’oeuvres to formal or informal set menus. We offer buffets or seated dining service can be catered to fit your wishes.
- Private Party Contact: Giuseppe Bellisario 8186326142
A word from Grissini Ristorante Italiano
At Grissini, we have created a modern-day Roma where you can transport to Italy: choose your favorite pasta and select from a tempting variety of alluring homemade sauces for your own personal indulgence! Using fresh seasonal ingredients and authentic Italian recipes, we wish to captivate our customers with our signature style. Grissini is truly honored to announce that we were voted “A Reader’s Favorite of Italian Cuisine” by the Daily News 2009 Reader’s Choice Awards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Grissini Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Agoura Hills / Westlake Village ›
Grissini Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (14)romantic (12)notable wine list (10)good for groups (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Reliable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Grissini is where we go for a step above Italian restaurant. Everything is always good.Special Features:
- Great findDennis21VIPDined on 8/18/2014Romantic nice quaint Italian restaurant in Agoura HillsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We were looking for a nice, quiet place with good food for lunch with friends visiting from Delaware. We read the online reviews for Grissini's and decided to give it a try. It turned out to be everything the reviews said it was. Even my gluten-free meal was delicious. Everyone in our small group loved their food and the friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodTruewiseprinceVIPDined on 8/12/2014From the moment You enter the restaurant, Guiseppe greets you personally and makes sure that you're seated comfortably. The food is excellent, plated and presented very well, temperature wise perfect and most of all, the wine list. The service is above and beyond what should be expected and I will go back many times. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mamma Mia!!!RedTangoVIPDined on 7/30/2014My favorite place EVER!!! There is literally nothing on this menu that isn't a slice of heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianTruewiseprinceVIPDined on 7/26/2014Giuseppe and his crew are the most friendliest people. The staff besides being knowledgable are friendly and most professional. Food is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy Poodle MomRoysLoverVIPDined on 7/21/2014This place is just wonderful. It is so nice to have a neighborhood restaurant that does not use processed food. The owner is always around to greet customers- new ones and chats up with regulars. The food is always consistent- wonderful. The portions are generous and they are willing to accommodate food allergies. We have been coming here for quite a while. I am very fussy and have a few food allergies. The server always accommodates me. Patrick is our favorite waiter, although, we have never had bad service from any of the other servers. A+++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian at its Finestfrequentflyer15Dined on 7/16/2014We happened to be staying at the Sheraton in Agoura Hills & consulted Trip Advisor for a really good restaurant. We selected this restaurant based on the reviews but the bonus was that it was located right across the street & we could walk! My husband & I dined there on a Tuesday night (7/15/14) and they were busy but not swamped. Our server, Christian, was incredibly attentive. He explained the various specials for us & recommended an outstanding wine to accompany my dinner. The owner stopped by occasionally as well. The food was outstanding! The decor is upscale & tasteful which added to the ambiance. Our entire experience at Grissini's was memorable (as was the Tiramisu!). I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Always Amazing, Never Disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I have been coming to Grissini when we can get out (we have 2 small children) for the last 2 or 3 years since we first found it. Giuseppe, the owner, is such a gracious host and always makes you feel so welcome. The ambience is great, it feels like a very cozy, romantic escape in a Tuscan villa but you're in suburb an Agoura Hills. The food is always so homeade and fresh, and you can make your own pasta dishes from the many combinations they offer so anyone can find there own dish that is completely customized to their tastes. I especially love the Rusticana sauce and the Polpette Pomodoro (I probably spelled that wrong). Thank you so much Giuseppe for our "go to" dining spot!Special Features:
- Special request?SurfVIPDined on 6/27/2014Never ask for a special request at this place, they always ignore request. It was my wife's birthday, they know us and still did nothing
- Fantastic and Top Notch Service!pickyvickieDined on 6/27/2014This was a fantastic find and place to dine. My husband and I shared a dish and it was just perfect. We had the pollo milanese and it was deliciuos---and let's not even mention the cannoli...fantastic! The atmosphere reminded me a lot of Catalina Island's Portofinos...romantic yet not over done. The owner Guiseppe came to our table to check up on us---what a sweetheart! Will be definitely be coming back for the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/21/2014Love this place! it's always a great time dining here. Lots of regulars, but they treat everyone like a regular! Great food and professional service!Special Features:
- Straight out of ItalySoCalC6Dined on 6/20/2014Absolutely incredible. Have been here about 6 times, each time better than the last. It starts with Giuseppe Bellisario greeting my entire family at the door and we truly do feel like family when we enter. The specials are fantastic. The homemade pasta and sauces are the best I have had outside of my travels to Italy. My daughter loves the gluten free pasta! Highly recommend the Artichoke Sensation as an appetizer/salad to start...big enough to share for two. LOVE the Arribbiata sauce, had it on the Lobster Ravioli on my last visit. My wife loves the Panna Cotta. The staff is extremely attentive! I've travelled around the globe, and this truly is my best Italian experience outside of Italy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECTACULAR!RedTangoVIPDined on 6/16/2014My favorite place to go whether it is for a big celebration with friends/family or a solo visit for a drink and a bite at the bar. Had cedar-planked salmon and my friend ordered the veal ragu on gluten-free pasta. Outstanding! Concluded our meal with the most delicious Panna Cotta ever made! Served by the incomparable Fabio. And always a must is a hug from the "Host with the Most" - the legendary Giuseppe Bellisario!Special Features:
- Great food, but very slow servicejoebruinVIPDined on 5/24/2014This was probably our 5th time . The food, as usual, was great. However, once we placed our order, we were not served for approximately 45 minutes. I wish I could say the food was worth the wait, but the wait was just too long. The owner was very gracious and offered a free canoli. I would still recommend Grissini, I just hope the poor service was an aberration.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 88 reviews are from the Grissini Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/3/2014Great neighbor restaurant, food is good & the service is good. Love it!!Special Features:
- RoysLoverVIPDined on 5/1/2014Our waiter Patrick us top notch! The owner Guisseppe always comes by to visit each table. Nothing more to say, we love this place and have never had a bad meal!Special Features:
- RoysLoverVIPDined on 4/19/2014Great daily specials. Always consistently good. With Patrick as our server, everything was served perfectly!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerJuniperDined on 4/11/2014We had a wonderful meal. The specials were exceptional : a veal chop and huge shrimp with the heads on with pasta.Our daughter had filet mignon with barolo sauce, mashed potatoes and chard.We had soup for starters, breadsticks with olive dip and bread toasted with parmesaen cheese. We were surprised when they brought us Tiramisu with a candle for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Insanely wonderfulScottDined on 4/8/2014The plain, uniform shopping-center exterior belies the ornate, warm, highly-detailed interior. My only regret is that I didn't go sooner. The food is old-world traditional, beautifully presented and perfectly prepared. I began with the Prosciutto San Daniele (with melon). Very generous prosciutto. Each piece of melon was perfect: neither too ripe nor too young. There were even a few strawberries included. Next I had their veal shank special, medium rare. Sizable and wonderfully prepared; I couldn't get enough of the mushrooms. Finished with their homemade tiramisu. Absolutely the best I've ever had. The espresso-soaked bottom layer was perfect and the top layers were all moist and fresh. Eager to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalRedTangoVIPDined on 4/5/2014GREAT food!!!!! Great place for gluten free (try the quinoa pasta Lamb Bolognese); perfect for calorie watchers (try the many delicious salads and fish specials); and interesting for straight-out pasta fanatics (black ink linguini with shrimp and scallops). GREAT service!!!!! You won't find a better place to feel special. GREAT experience!!!!! Don't miss this little gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this place!RedTangoVIPDined on 3/4/2014Excellent neighborhood local dining spot. Excellent in every way. My absolute favorite place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningKevinDined on 3/3/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday at Grissini. The food and service were outstanding. The room has a warm feel and the owner, Guiseppe, is old-school charming. Wine list has some local favorites. Very enjoyable evening! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2014Food was great and service extremely friendly. Good find!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianFoodforthoughtVIPDined on 2/22/2014Excellent pasta and seafood dishes. Had squid ink linguine with scallops. Very tasty. Portions are huge so splitting an entre is very doable. Wine list is a little uninspiring but moderately priced. We'll bring our own next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/20/2014This place serves excellent food, the pizza was made in heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffJeffDined on 2/14/2014This place overbooked for Valentines Day. Reservations at 8:30 and didn't sit till 10:00. Others were telling me they came in without reservations and got seated. The owner did not want to say No to anyone. My wine can wrong to the table twice, Others were getting up from the table and leaving with loud comments. I got someones napkin thrown at my back. I will not be going back.
- Small MenuDinerDinerDiner1087Dined on 2/14/2014For Valentines day they only had a very very small menu that was very expensive and it contained almost no Italian dishes
- Zagat Rated Italian FoodJuniperDined on 2/3/2014This lovely but hard to find Italian in the back of a shopping center is a real find for the neiborhood.The bread and breadsticks are served with a flavorfull tapenade.Thers is a huge selection of salads and pastas to match with your choice of traditional, well made sauces. We had a chopped salad served in a homemade puffed bread and red clam sauce with low carb egg fettucicne . I have also had their outstanding veal piccata. We were at lunch for over 2 hours and never felt rushed even though all the other diners had left. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is always great.RoysLoverVIPDined on 1/30/2014This place is always great. True aunt hid Italian. They make their own pasta. Patrick is our favorite waiter. The owner Giuseppi is always there, so you always feel welcome and past of his family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2014Visiting the area, found this place via Trip Insider and was glad I did. Not hip or trendy, this restaurant relaxing, charming. Service was great and professional. Menu was extensive and the owner/manager was a sweetheart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family friendly eleganceAmbianceaboveallelseVIPDined on 12/24/2013Round tables in a room with warm earth tones provided a relaxed elegance for our family's holiday dinner. The food was good, but in no way memorable and quite a few items on the menu were unavailable. Service was fair and our waiter made sure to point out that service was not included on the bill. The maitre'd was warm, friendly and welcoming, ushering us for an enjoyable family gathering. Plenty of space to hear each other . . . a vibe of being in your own home dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleased with the food,JohnDined on 12/12/2013Very pleased with the food, specials are much more in price than the regular items on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the delicious seafood,looking4goodfoodVIPDined on 12/11/2013We enjoyed the delicious seafood, pasta and pleasant décor .We'll be happy to dine at Grissini's again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timer at grissinisDubBoyDined on 11/18/2013very much liked the food - fresh pasta excellent and sauces that we tried; i can vouch for the arrabiata personally. noticed that their special pappardelle with lamb ragout was also special at another LA area restaurant. means nothing but curious. some loudness at bar in separate room but sports noise seemed out of place - up the street at the Lab Brewery - yes. not a crusher though.really good, a touch on the pricey side about $30 each (desserts & one wine) but worth it.Special Features:
- The specials of the eveningEAFFDined on 10/5/2013The specials of the evening were delicious. If you like artichokes and hearts of palm, try that salad, it is wonderful. Our experience was very pleasant. I was celebrating my birthday and had indicated on the Open Table reservation that it was a birthday celebration. This was never acknowledged, which was a bit disappointing. Apparently, no one looks at those special comments.Special Features:
- Great serviceDaniDined on 9/28/2013Service was quick and they did not rush us when we wanted to sit and talk. Food was very good and so was dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizzaSulaDined on 8/27/2013It is the best peperoni pizza i have ever had!!!!! The olive bread that they give you in the beginning it is fabulous .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere-OK foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2013Grissini's owner greets you and makes your very comfortable. Nice little bar area. I had the Caesar salad which was fair. Lots of dressing (creamy) and boxed croutons. Pasta Arrabiata over penne with one meatball, meatball was dry and sauce was overwhelming. My husband had the veal marsala and said it was one of the best he every had.
- Was greeted by the owner upon1pastaloverDined on 7/11/2013Was greeted by the owner upon entering. They have many pasta choices, good service.and a nice ambiance. It also has a large room for parties or special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.