Gringo Grill and Cantina
5900 N Oracle Rd
Tucson, AZ 85704-3816Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Gringo Grill and Cantina
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gringogrilltucson.com/
- Phone: 5208873777x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am to 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm to 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm to 10:00pm
Bar: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm to 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American, Spanish
- Executive Chef: John Hohn "Tuscon Iron Chef 2014"
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Spectacular outdoor venues with panoramic views of the city, serving 20-300 guests. This poolside or garden venue is the perfect setting for fine dining under the stars, or a casual family gathering.
Gringos grill & Cantina offers a unique and inviting setting for your special occasion. The Santa Fe Salon offers 2,000 square feet of celebration space. The adjacent patio offers an additional 1,500 to 5,000 square feet of covered and uncovered outdoor space.
Whether you are looking for a casual luncheon or a sophisticated dinner, Gringo Girll & Cantina is proud to offer an extensive selection of menus to choose from or let us create a custom menu for you.
- Private Party Contact: Gabriela Sanudo 520-618-8095x
A word from Gringo Grill and Cantina
Gringo Grill & Cantina is a pleased to announce John Hohn " Tucson Iron Chef 2014" as the new Executive Chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gringo Grill and Cantina reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (5)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent food & serviceFlossy1160Dined on 8/23/2014We started with drinks and a very generous serving of delicious guacamole and chips. The guys loved the special beer they had on tap and my friend loved their wide selection of scotches. I had their fish special with veggies that was tasty and healthy. My husband enjoyed the rubbed pork and our friends shared the Cobb salad and pizza. We all enjoyed our food and decided we would definitely go back. Our server Carlos was fun, attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectdesertdancerDined on 8/22/2014If Gringo's has a fault, it's an inability to fill up the space. The dining room is large, and sadly too empty. The balcony is superb, with an excellent into downtown Tucson. The bar seems to have a friendly ambiance. The food is attractively plated with originality (e.g., fries in miniature deep-fry baskets, steaks on a board) and well-prepared. The night we were there, however, they were out of three of the main entrees on the menu,which is somewhat limited to begin with. One group of four left before ordering. They couldn't afford to have customers leaving because the room was only about 90% full. I hope they find a way to attract more business because they have the potential to become a northwest-side hotspot.Special Features:
- Good little restaurantsdnetDined on 8/22/2014This was a nice little place to have dinner. We had the enchiladas, which were absolutely delicious with a risotto-style rice as the side. Service was excellent, our waiter always checked up on us. We sat outside and the view was nice. Why not 5-stars? We tried the chips and guacamole - and it was incredibly mediocre. Especially for a Mexican cantina, I would expect the guacamole to at least be decent. I can easily make better guacamole than that, even without trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Gringo Grill and Cantina reviews archive.
- I expected moreMaryLDined on 6/20/2014The margarita was okay. The chips, guacamole, and salsa may have been the best part of the meal. I ordered the stuffed pork shoulder special. There was not enough fig stuffing, and the pork was too fatty. Another diner in our group ordered the ceasar salad with fresh sardines. The salad came with an anchovy instead of a fresh sardine without advance notice or the option to change her order.Special Features:
- great food and nice peoplerev114VIPDined on 5/31/2014Best beans and rice ever! Cannot wait to take the ghost pepper challange!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not there yet - hope for the futureKatieGDined on 5/24/2014Since this is a new place i can cut them some slack. We sat on the patio, which on the south side has a nice view. But the hotel pool was filled with (appropriately) noisy kids. The service was fine. The drink menu is creative and the menu is interesting, but the food itself wasn't that good. Carnitas sliders were dry and tasteless; enchiladas were ok but not great; ribs were a little overly done; but our friend said his tortilla soup and Spanish pizza were good. The inside looks inviting but since we were eating a little early, it was pretty empty. Hope the food improves. We may try again.
- Great Casual Dining ExperienceEatNOutaLotDined on 5/9/2014The BBQ ribs were excellent. The Tuna was good as well. The pork sliders were average at best. Overall we had a great time and definitely will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, and great viewsDiner801Dined on 4/28/2014Sat outside, and enjoyed enchiladas and a lobster sandwich. Both dishes were great, and the French fries accompanying the chips accompanying the sandwich were wonderful. I will definitely go back. Service was personal, and not over-bearing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSandraDined on 3/29/2014The chef is talented and the food is always very good. We have been there two times now just to try their menu items. First time I tried their ribs and they melted in my mouth. I ordered the full rack so I could take some home with me. The second time I ordered their special, the Mahi Mahi which was cooked perfectly and had a superb twist to the cooking method. A little pricey at $24. Great french fries and macaroni and cheese side dishes We tried their gelatos which were very interesting. My daughter tried the cream cheese gelato and I had the pineapple with basil. My daughter had the house salad which was also pricey for the contents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected Find!CarpDined on 3/21/2014Stumbled across this restaurant while looking for a nice place to have dinner on our last night in Tucson. We passed Gringo's a number of times driving up Oracle Road so thought we would give it a try. Great atmosphere! The special drink, wine and beer menu were extensive. Initially, the food menu seemed limited but the choices were varied. Actually, it was nice not to have a large menu where it takes forever to make a decision! My husband had the buttermilk fried chicken which he loved! The guacamole as a starter was excellent! Service was great as well..very attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maybe?CasinoVIPDined on 3/14/2014Often imaginative food -- somewhat slow service and dessert menu items differing from actual description made for a mixed Friday evening dinner. Changes in menu items need to be noted at ordering so before delivering the item. Good possibilities here but by now in the new restaurant's stint, such problems need to be worked out.Special Features:
- Always loved the patio area.1234Dined on 2/15/2014Always loved the patio area. Need candles or something on tables. Not many people. I would thing about changing the name of the restaurant. The Mexican pizza was wonderful.Special Features:
- Had a great time!AaronDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I ate here for our valentines day. The food was the best food I had in a while. And we sat on the patio overlooking the near by golf course. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gringo Grill and CantinauapharmDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I attended this restaurant for Valentine's day. The patio in the back provided a wonderful ambiance and view of the Catalina mountains. The wine list was quite extensive and the music was perfect. The only problem we had was that they were out of a few of the menu items. I would strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to have a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort foodKimkoDined on 10/12/2013Good pub food, nothing special or outstanding, good comfort food. The bar was packed and vibrant.Special Features:
- DisappointedFargoVIPDined on 10/7/2013It just wasn't good. Same restaurant design, the food was worse then when it was Miguel's. Dried out ribs, greasy fries. Seemed like the food was reheated in the microwave. Oh well. Noise was low because no one was there.
- Love this place. This is wherejohnstoneDined on 12/31/2012Love this place. This is where we take all our out of town guests. Always a graet meal and good service. Lost count as to how many times we have eaten at Miguel's.Special Features:
- Good menu and good food. OutdoorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2012Good menu and good food. Outdoor dining is nice certain times of year.Special Features: