GrillMarX Steakhouse & Raw Bar
18149 Town Center Drive
Olney, MD 20832Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
GrillMarX Steakhouse & Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gmxsteak.com/
- Phone: 3015701111x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 4:00PM-10:00PM, Tuesday-Thursday 11:00AM-10:00PM, Friday-Saturday 11:00AM-11:00PM, Sunday 10:00AM-9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Kellner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact our events coordinator for details. At GrillMarX we are thrilled to be able to create an exceptional yet casual dining experience for all our guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jackie 3015701111x
A word from GrillMarX Steakhouse & Raw Bar
Casual to upscale dining in a comfortable, warm atmosphere. A variety of freshly cut steaks, seafood, daily entree specials, salads, burgers and more! Open for Sunday brunch. Private party area - Patio seating - Raw Bar and exceptional service will help to quickly make it one of Olney's favorite spots!! We can't wait to see you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
GrillMarX Steakhouse & Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (98)good for groups (53)great for outdoor dining (51)special occasion (50)vibrant bar scene (42)fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (37)kid-friendly (30)great for brunch (27)hot spot (25)romantic (25)notable wine list (18)late-night find (14)scenic view (2)Show More
- Sunday night with DadOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/28/2014Had a great dinner-husband had ribs, they were awesome as usual and I had the Kona ribeye-melt in your mouth wonderful. Overall great mealSpecial Features:
- Poor OlneyMarylandScribblerVIPDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is what I call a "food factory," churning out myriad dishes that may look good but are bland, virtually flavorless and without any character. Our server approached the table and boisterously interrupted someone who was speaking. The floor by our booth was sticky. Olney's dearth of dining establishments is not helped by GrillMarX, an unsatifactory addition to the meager dining scene. Many people seem to like it; at least that's what the crowded tables on Saturday indicated. But we will not return.
- Might return!seafoodloverDined on 9/26/2014Glad I made reservations through open table! We went on a Fri. night and it was busy inside and outside! It's definitely a noisier restaurant, because of the large bar area. Our waiter had a good sense of humor; which makes it more pleasant to dine. The food was good, but pricier than other places for the value.Special Features:
- GrillMarX -Great Dining!NjoydinningDined on 9/20/2014This is a family favorite! What a fabulous find!! We took some good friends on Saturday for lunch!! They loved it so much they were planning to return for dinner! We ended returning for lunch! Experience great good, lovely atmosphere and perfect service!! Perfect for any occassion! Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereGirlieDined on 9/19/2014We really enjoyed it. The food was good and it seems to be the spot because it was packed but not too nosySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in town!!buzzVIPDined on 9/12/2014But bring a sweater...it gets cold in this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happening Place...ClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 9/12/2014Started at the bar for cocktails. It was full but fun. Bartenders were moving quick and had everyone covered. Dinner was tuna steak, grilled chicken and the starter was the spinach dip which is a must. Great place, food and service is always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2014We had a wonderful evening at GrillMarX. The food, wine and service were perfect, the atmosphere was fun, but noise level made it hard to hear at our table for six. Great evening overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoringMobymotoDined on 9/11/2014We both ordered steaks for dinner and neither one had any flavor. The crab cake was smothered in a mustard sauce - so much so that you could not taste the crab. The servers get one star for feigning interest. I would not recommend this restaurant to friends.
- Great Food, drinks,serviceKathrynDined on 9/6/2014If you want to have a great meal come here. I have never had a bad meal here whether it was their Steak salad or their delicious Kona Steak. It all tastes amazing and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- GrillMarXFANVIPDined on 9/6/2014Never disappoints. Always a pleasure. Consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014The food was cold. The service was poor. There are many brunch options to experience a disappointing experience such as this one. No effort was made on anyones part to improve the poor situation.
- Good Eats Bathed in NoiseREViewDined on 8/21/2014GrillMarX has a great menu and the food is excellent. The noise level makes table conversation a challenge. The wines are a bit overpriced, but the Malbec we shared was very good. The server was attentive but could have communicated better. She was slow to bring the coffee and when asked she said she was making a fresh pot, which we appreciated, but she could have volunteered the information without being asked. The apple crisp was not warmed as requested. She apologized, but brought it back and it was barely warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerLeighDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant had great service. Our server was very sensitive and knowledgeable on the gluten free menu offerings. He made sure that those that needed something special were happy with what they ordered. Food was excellent. Although it is quite large, the noise was not an issue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Dining ExperienceLuv2eatDined on 8/17/2014First time dining at GrillMarx? Four of us dined, there was a nice selection of meals in various price points, each of our meals were good to very good, our waiter was courteous and attentive. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- A great addition to Olney dining!corgigirlDined on 8/15/2014This was my second dining visit. It's rather noisy due to the (always) busy bar, but our host accomodated us by seating us further away so we could engage in some conversation. The waiter again was young (typical for Olney restaurants) but very helpful and professional without being obtrusive. We had late Saturday reservations and hung around a long time and were never made to feel pushed. Olney has offered so many new dining options since I've lived out here, but GrillMarx is unique and very welcome to the local dining scene. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014Food is consistently good. Service is excellent. A top choice every time.Special Features:
- Nice placeJlynch0025Dined on 8/12/2014This was a really nice place to get good steak. Plus run into former REDSKIN players.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as Usualsped50Dined on 8/8/2014Been here a number of times, consistently great food, service and ambiance. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!!!EclecticunoDined on 8/8/2014I've never had a bad experience at GrillMarx! It's on my list of things to do whenever I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic gem in OlneyOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/6/2014The kona ribeye is out of this world. Ok, as is the rest of the menu. I've never had a bad meal there -- only great ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrillMarXFANVIPDined on 8/2/2014Always delicious. Consistent & always enjoyable. Great steak!!! Great Service. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Restaurant in Olney4friendsinrockvilleDined on 8/2/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant. Our server was fantastic, very attentive and helpful with meal recommendations. The crab dip was fabulous as was the crab soup. Ribs were great as well. Prime rib was too salty for our taste. Sent it back in exchange for a filet which was just alright. Outdoor dining area looked really nice although due to impending rain, we ate inside. Menu was nicely varied to appeal to everyone. A bit pricey though. Would try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Pleasure2foodiesDined on 8/2/2014We love this restaurant. It's our go-to for a little date night, a night out with a few couples, or a place to pop in for just a drink! The food never disappoints and the service is top-notch!Special Features:
- August 1, 2014. Enjoyable.Tasty2Dined on 8/1/2014Menu was adequate for dinner. Shrimp and grits were very good. Catch of the day was dry and over cooked. They were apologetic. Service was quite good. We love the atmosphere and will try them again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TtotalDined on 7/21/2014Service was great. Food not so much. Prime rib barely warm, asparagus charred nicely but served raw, hamburger cold and very messy, fries were lukewarm. Surely for the prices, they could do better. Way too noisy. A table cloth would help. Also non-drinkers pushed through quickly. We were in and out in 45 mins. Very annoying.
- Usually love GrillMarx, but....SgmomVIPDined on 7/20/2014We eat at GrillMarx on a semiregular basis. Our last visit last week left a bit to be desired. First we asked for bread and butter. The bread looked like it was whatever was left over from something else, all very small and mostly end pieces. But what really surprised me was that it was really stale. We didn't complain because our meal came out shortly thereafter. I ordered the french dip sandwich which should come on a baguette and a side salad. What I got was certainly not a baguette. The dressing for the salad was all oil, no vinegar. The au jus sauce for the french dip was a strange murky color and lukewarm. It was late, we were hungry and didn't have the energy to complain. Time to take a break from Grillmarx.Special Features:
- Yum!LynnedaysDined on 7/20/2014Great food. Service was great. Husband loved his steak...and my grilled shrimp were terrific (And huge!). Enjoyed the crab dip too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodNjoydinningDined on 7/20/2014Fabulous food- deliciously prepared and perfect everytime! The staff is always very friendly. accommodating and on top of their game! Highly recommend this restaurant for your next outing or even for a special occasion. You will not be sorry!! I even watched the Manager in action who is very positive and motivated his staff ! Outstanding Overrall!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiviaDined on 7/20/2014Sunday brunch is a nice treat, nice to have a buffet in the neighborhood. Really nice wait staff! This was my first time visiting this restaurant, and we only tried the buffet - the basics plus an omelet station. Nice. Looking forward next time to trying something from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently SatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014My wife and I have been to GrillMarX several times in recent months and have been pleased with both the food and service. Salmon, shrimp & grits, ahi tuna, burgers - all good. This recent visit was with several family members and everyone felt the same. If in the Olney area, this is a great place to consider.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, probably won't go back.cage67Dined on 7/10/2014Service was great! The reservation desk and hostess personnel were professional and welcoming. I ordered an unusual mixed drink and it was perfect. The crab dip appetizer was delicious, but came with sliced bread instead of the baguette on the menu. One of our party ordered surf and turf, the surf (crab cake) was good, but the turf (sirloin) ordered med. rare arrived medium plus. I ordered prime rib medium rare and it arrived still "on the hoof". My $24 entrée had only one vegetable, not even a side salad. Additional vegetables were a la carte starting a $5. For a nice upscale place, that seemed a tad tacky. No bread or rolls were provided. Very noisy.Special Features:
- Great Service!ghang6Dined on 7/7/2014Service was top notch food a little expensive for the quality!!Special Features:
- Disappointing steakMollyDined on 7/6/2014For a steakhouse, the sirloin steak was very disappointing. It was cooked well, but then sliced (for presentation?) so that by the time it was served it was cold....and dry. 3 people in our party of seven ordered the sirloin. All of them didn't like it. For the cost of the food at this restaurant, it should be perfect. Mixed vegetables were order as a side. It was all carrots...rock hard, a few peas. They brought more peas...they were cold. The service was great. The restaurant itself was lovely. And the manager was very helpful and very kindly replaced one of the dinners when made aware of the problem.Special Features:
- PortionsfussiVIPDined on 7/6/2014Quite unexceptional. One thing to note . Oversize children's portions were good tasting but quite disturbing in size.Special Features:
- excellentSatisfiedCustomerDined on 7/6/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at Grillemarx. The food was exceptional and the portions were very substancial. I definitely worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a summer eveningGimmieDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I ate outside, on a event Saturday evening. Our server, Nick, was friendly and attentive, but not intrusive. My husband had the Surf and Turf, which he thoroughly enjoyed. I had the salmon. It was moist, perfectly cooked, and delicious. I had a raspberry lemonade cocktail that was perfect for a warm evening. We also shared the triple dessert sampler. A great way to have just a taste or two of things you might not have ordered in the larger size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 7/4/2014excellent spinach dip to start. Good mixed drinks an wonderful service. Main dishes, excellent as always, shrimp and grits and ribs were the choices. ExcellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Our waitress was very aloof. Not unfriendly, but seemed like she was doing us a favor by checking on us. No eye contact. The manager acted similarly when we asked if we could sit in a booth. Good was very good, though. All four of us had something different and we each enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we might go backCharlotteDined on 6/26/2014Prior reviewers who commented on the noise were right. Though I had requested a quiet table, we were put in the noisy section behind the bar. The booths are somewhat quieter. The chicken and blue cheese wonton was very good; a fun experience. The steaks were a disappointment. One was overdone, the other underdone. The charring was not flavorful. The sides varied in quality; the grits were good; difficult to believe, but the baked potato had a strange flavor. The coffee, promoted as special, was not very good. Desserts were mediocre. We decided that we probably would go back, but that this wasn't a place that we would feel compelled to take visitors. Servers were good.