GrillMarX Steakhouse & Raw Bar
18149 Town Center Drive
Olney, MD 20832Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
GrillMarX Steakhouse & Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gmxsteak.com/
- Phone: (301) 570-1111
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 4:00PM-10:00PM, Tuesday-Thursday 11:00AM-10:00PM, Friday-Saturday 11:00AM-11:00PM, Sunday 10:00AM-9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Kellner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact our events coordinator for details. At GrillMarX we are thrilled to be able to create an exceptional yet casual dining experience for all our guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jackie 3015701111x
A word from GrillMarX Steakhouse & Raw Bar
Casual to upscale dining in a comfortable, warm atmosphere. A variety of freshly cut steaks, seafood, daily entree specials, salads, burgers and more! Open for Sunday brunch. Private party area - Patio seating - Raw Bar and exceptional service will help to quickly make it one of Olney's favorite spots!! We can't wait to see you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
GrillMarX Steakhouse & Raw Bar - Best Restaurants in Olney ›
GrillMarX Steakhouse & Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (86)good for groups (52)vibrant bar scene (49)special occasion (48)great for outdoor dining (45)fit for foodies (44)hot spot (41)great for lunch (35)notable wine list (26)kid-friendly (22)great for brunch (20)romantic (15)late-night find (10)scenic view (3)Show More
- Love this restaurantsmnixonDined on 11/22/2014They never fail to disappoint. If you're looking for delicious tender steak, yummy mussels, or many other delicious dishes on their menu...this is definitely a consistently delicious choice. I always add on a salad just so I can get the yummy spicy peanut dressing. I also love their kona ribeye and their grilled asparagus are amazing. Their mashed potatoes were decent - but not my favorite. I think they needed a little something - but the mussels were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is keyBeachinDined on 11/21/2014Our server was the best! He really made the night. This restaurant is always full and you get a good meal. Hard to get in at times. Best part is the service at both the bar and tables. They get it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie123Dined on 11/15/2014We visited GrillMarx on a Saturday evening and the noise level was super loud. We were meeting several couples so we were hoping to converse. The first hour (7-8pm) we could barely hear each other but as the evening progressed the noise level got more tolerable. The food was very good and our waiter outstanding. We will return and hope it will be less noisy on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food always great BUTWaiting2BSeatedVIPDined on 11/14/2014The food and service are always great at Grillmarx. However, on our last 3 consecutive Friday or Saturday reservations we had to wait 35-45 minutes to be seated. On our last trip we asked to speak the the manager but who never came to see us. A different server came by who simply said they had too many walk ins and squatters to handle their reservations. You've got our name and you've got our number, call us next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentMaxHDined on 11/14/2014I always have a great meal and great service at GrillMarX. The only drawbacks this time, which would not be notable at an average restaurant, was that the runners forgot the steak knife and spoons for the dishes that needed them (and they were quick to bring them out when I told them), and we were seated right next to the bar area, which was extremely noisy. The utensils were not really a problem, since they were able to take care of it right away, and the noise is something that GrillMarX would have to address in the long term, as noise abatement is not a cheap, short-term fix, but I do hope they plan to work on that. Overall, they have set a very high standard that is only matched by the top restaurants in major cities, and I will continue to go back regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious foodCindySVIPDined on 11/10/2014I've been here for lunch and dinner a few times each, and I've always had good food. The menu has something for everyone, and whether I've ordered fish or beef or just a burger, I've always enjoyed it. Had a burger with potato salad last time and it was delicious. Just a nice place to meat a friend and know the food won't disappoint. Good value, as well.Special Features:
- First Time DelightFamilyeatsDined on 11/9/2014We had a great dinner! The filet was amazing and the sides were perfectly cooked!!! My kids loved everything too!! Our waiter Neil was amazing!! The whole experience was wonderful! Cool to sit near the open kitchen! Definitely coming back! Best steakhouse experience to date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best FoodsmpjlpDined on 11/4/2014They have the best food in town! Loved it! We had the ribs and peach honey salmon and all I can say is I can't wait to go back! It was my birthday and the waiter brought roses to the table for me which I thought was very nice. His service was the best.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentNeilBDined on 11/2/2014We live going to GrillMarx. The food and service are consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food & servicesassymom2Dined on 11/1/2014GrillMarX is a fantastic place to eat. From the moment we were greeted at the door to the time we left we had exceptional service. Our food was beautifully prepared to perfection and DELICIOUS! We were smart to make reservations because this new hot spot fills up fast for dinner, especially on a Saturday night. Our waiter, Rob, was absolutely wonderful. It was our first time there and he was helpful with recommendations and his service was fantastic. The entire staff was on top of their game. The steaks we ordered were cooked to perfection and so delicious. Add this to your must visit list. We will definitely be going back again soon and you should too.Special Features:
- Great Local RestaurantLikelocalrestaurantsDined on 10/27/2014I love Grill Marx, they have a nice atmosphere and their wine selection is excellent. Reservations are recommended as they can get really busy.Special Features:
- BrunchLynnastDined on 10/26/2014I have to say , I was not impressed with the brunch buffet here. The one thing on the buffet that was very good was the beef carving station. I have had lunch and dinner here and both of those were good. But the brunch buffet, not really.Special Features:
- OffnightDined on 10/25/2014Unfortuantely, this family visit was not up to your usual sterling standards. Some disappointments were the theme of the night. For example, the oysters were pitifully small in size and should not have been served; the steaks were tough (my prime rib was undercooked and the sirloin was overcooked); the asparagus was totally undercooked; and the tres leches cake should be removed from the menu. One last observation: Next time, I would like a fuller glass of wine. I rarely, if ever, return a food item back to the kitchen; I almost made an exception this time. Again, maybe it was an off-night; however, when a patron spends almost $400.00 for a dinner, one would think the that overall food experience should be grander. Hopefully,our next visit will see an improvement in all areas. Thank you for the opportunity to comment.
- Great dinner at GrillMarxOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014We joined good friends for dinner and had a wonderful evening. The food was delicious and service was excellent!Special Features:
- ClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 10/24/2014great place in olney. shrimp cocktail and spinach dip great way to start. great salmon and steak for main dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrillMarXFANVIPDined on 10/18/2014We love coming to GrillMarX because the food is consistently delicious and overall the service is outstanding. There wasn't enough space in section 4 of this rating to share, with Jackie, a private note about our experience. Suggest more space for the future. Jackie, we'll be back in a few weeks - we hope to see you then. Best of luck with the new location. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BethDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We had heard good things about GrillMarX so we thought we would try it. Loved the atmosphere, food was delicious and our server was good. Only complaint was that it was TOO loud. We were there on Saturday night at 6:30 and it was packed. We could hardly hear each other talk! Next time we will go during the week and sit in a booth. Overall it was a great experience!Special Features:
- Nice findChefskidDined on 10/11/2014We were celebrating my trainer's belated birthday and needed a place that fit several different needs and tastes. We had not been to GrillMarX before but the menu looked interesting. Everyone found something they liked and the food and service was good. Even the wine met the standard of my foodie friend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I am not sure the noise level category has proper responses I choose energetic which in this case means too loud!Special Features:
- Excellent!PLevVIPDined on 10/10/2014This was our third time visiting and, as usual, excellent food and service. The oysters are superb- better than many other high-end restaurants. My steak and baked potato were cooked to perfection and my husband's fish of the day was very nice. Side dish substitutions were easy and the service was very attentive. The only complaint is that the bar noise infiltrates the whole dining area. Perhaps the glass dividers should be higher. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014This was our third visit to Grill Marx. The first was not that great. The food and service was average at best with wait for the food being real long. The food was okay but not worth the wait for the price. The second time we sat out on the patio as the weather was nice. The food and service were really good and a reason to return. This third time the restaurant wasn't busy, maybe 4 or 5 other tables occuppied, but the bar was busy as it was early evening. After ordering it took about an hour to get our food, with two entrees coming out first and our third person had to continue to wait for her halibut sandwich (which I felt should have ben the quickest of the 3 entrees to fix).Special Features:
- TOO LOUD but good food and serviceJennieSDined on 10/3/2014Hello? Every heard of carpet? Tablecloths? SOMETHING to soften the DEAFENING NOISE in this otherwise perfect restaurant?I would recommend this to a friend.
- NINABEANIEVIPDined on 10/3/2014SALAD AND BAKED POTATO EXCELLENT. PRIME RIB WAS EXTREMELY FATTY, DISAPPOINTING.
- Nearby Gemluv2eatDined on 10/2/2014Great restaurant near to home with great food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceRobinVIPDined on 10/2/2014The food is always great at Grillmarx! This time we had the best server ever - Vinnie. Definitely request him if you go :)Special Features:
- Olney gemEnjoydiningwithfriendsDined on 10/2/2014Really good food/ good service- no rushing 2 friends who lingered over lunch. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night with DadOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/28/2014Had a great dinner-husband had ribs, they were awesome as usual and I had the Kona ribeye-melt in your mouth wonderful. Overall great mealSpecial Features:
- Poor OlneyMarylandScribblerVIPDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is what I call a "food factory," churning out myriad dishes that may look good but are bland, virtually flavorless and without any character. Our server approached the table and boisterously interrupted someone who was speaking. The floor by our booth was sticky. Olney's dearth of dining establishments is not helped by GrillMarX, an unsatifactory addition to the meager dining scene. Many people seem to like it; at least that's what the crowded tables on Saturday indicated. But we will not return.
- Might return!seafoodloverDined on 9/26/2014Glad I made reservations through open table! We went on a Fri. night and it was busy inside and outside! It's definitely a noisier restaurant, because of the large bar area. Our waiter had a good sense of humor; which makes it more pleasant to dine. The food was good, but pricier than other places for the value.Special Features:
- GrillMarX -Great Dining!NjoydinningDined on 9/20/2014This is a family favorite! What a fabulous find!! We took some good friends on Saturday for lunch!! They loved it so much they were planning to return for dinner! We ended returning for lunch! Experience great good, lovely atmosphere and perfect service!! Perfect for any occassion! Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereGirlieDined on 9/19/2014We really enjoyed it. The food was good and it seems to be the spot because it was packed but not too nosySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in town!!buzzVIPDined on 9/12/2014But bring a sweater...it gets cold in this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happening Place...ClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 9/12/2014Started at the bar for cocktails. It was full but fun. Bartenders were moving quick and had everyone covered. Dinner was tuna steak, grilled chicken and the starter was the spinach dip which is a must. Great place, food and service is always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2014We had a wonderful evening at GrillMarX. The food, wine and service were perfect, the atmosphere was fun, but noise level made it hard to hear at our table for six. Great evening overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoringMobymotoDined on 9/11/2014We both ordered steaks for dinner and neither one had any flavor. The crab cake was smothered in a mustard sauce - so much so that you could not taste the crab. The servers get one star for feigning interest. I would not recommend this restaurant to friends.
- Great Food, drinks,serviceKathrynDined on 9/6/2014If you want to have a great meal come here. I have never had a bad meal here whether it was their Steak salad or their delicious Kona Steak. It all tastes amazing and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- GrillMarXFANVIPDined on 9/6/2014Never disappoints. Always a pleasure. Consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014The food was cold. The service was poor. There are many brunch options to experience a disappointing experience such as this one. No effort was made on anyones part to improve the poor situation.
- Good Eats Bathed in NoiseREViewDined on 8/21/2014GrillMarX has a great menu and the food is excellent. The noise level makes table conversation a challenge. The wines are a bit overpriced, but the Malbec we shared was very good. The server was attentive but could have communicated better. She was slow to bring the coffee and when asked she said she was making a fresh pot, which we appreciated, but she could have volunteered the information without being asked. The apple crisp was not warmed as requested. She apologized, but brought it back and it was barely warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerLeighDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant had great service. Our server was very sensitive and knowledgeable on the gluten free menu offerings. He made sure that those that needed something special were happy with what they ordered. Food was excellent. Although it is quite large, the noise was not an issue.I would recommend this to a friend.