11099 Resort Road
Ellicott City, MD 21042Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://grille620.com/#/home
- Phone: (410) 203-0620
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 3:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Lunch: Friday 11:00am – 3:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Fabio Mura
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Grille620
Grille620 is an American grille featuring a seasonally inspired menu with a focus on seafood and steaks. A rustic look yet a high-style approach to contemporary American cuisine in an inviting atmosphere creates a unique dining experience. Guests may enjoy a variety of oysters from the raw bar while relaxing on our patio during the summer season. An extensive wine list by the glass and bottle, a distinctive selection of craft beers, and our knowledgeable staff will round out the experience. Menus change frequently to showcase local and fresh ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grille620 reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (21)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (19)romantic (14)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Delicious Food/Daniel & Michael great MixologyLoveRuthChrisVIPDined on 11/25/2014Grille620 opened in 2013. Since opening, it has changed the area for the best because the residences (such as myself) who reside near Grille620 has a local place where we can go to mingle while enjoying delicious food, and chatting with two of the best mixology in Maryland Daniel and MichaelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Love this place. It's all about the food here. When I want to treat myself or my family to something special, this is my go to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6201118Dined on 11/18/2014We had the best time for our first dinner at 620. The staff was amazing and very helpful for my husband's 50th surprise dinner. They went above and beyond to make it a great night for all of us. the food was wonderful and my family can't wait to visit again. Thanks again for the superb dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!JustusVIPDined on 11/16/2014It was a great find but a difficult find using my GPS and Google Maps, which took us through Turf Valley. Surprisingly, because it is conveniently located off of Marriottsville Rd. The selection of food was very good, as well as its preparation. Service was also exceptional. We were hungry after leaving a funeral and couldn't decide where it eat. I'm glad I found it on Opentable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had high expectations but....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I had heard about Grille620 when it first opened and like to wait for a new restaurant to settle in before I try it. Kathy made the food sound awesome but I was a little disappointed. Overall it lacked seasoning. Why are chefs afraid of salt? There wasn't even a salt and pepper shaker on table. We like fresh ground pepper on our food. I don't want my food to taste like a soft pretzel but a little salt goes a long way. The soup - crab/corn chowder - was buttery and creamy tasting but a pinch of salt would have really punched it up. The crab was described as lump but it wasn't. The braised lamb shank was a hit though, but my daughter who ordered it agreed it needed salt. The guys got steak - ribeye was tasty but very fatty. We did order the oysters - all 3 from that night - and they were very fresh. Grilled octopus was very good too. Kathy and rest of staff were awesome. Drinks were great too. Not the watered down stuff you get at some establishments. We spent 296.00 plus a 20% tip for 4 people. Honestly I may not return because I do not go out often and there are many choices that are not as pricey in the Columbia area. On the way home we did discuss coming back to try burgers. Although I said I would recommend to friends there are many people I would not recommend to based on price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair, but not great for the priceRiggoDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I visited Grille620 for the first time. Nice looking restaurant and noise levels were fine to have a conversation. We both ordered soup and the portion was very generous -- more like a bowl and when we expected a cup. Our meals were fair, with my wife getting only 4 shrimp with her entree and my lamb being a bit bland. The service was slightly above what I have received at Chili's or any chain restaurant. We waited far too long to receive our check and we barely stood up when an employee was over trying to push by to clean off our table. For the price, I think you can do better but we may give them a try again sometime in the future.
- Great experienceHappyDinerDined on 11/15/2014Overall a great evening. Had reservations for 7pm. Arrived around 6:20, checked in and noted it wasn't too busy and went to the bar to await our third diner. Went back to desk at 7:05 and found all the tables full except the very front table. Not a bad table, but awfully cold when the front doors were opened. Guess we should have specifed that we wanted a back table. VERY impressed with our server, Amanda. She had the information she needed to answer our questions right in her order book...even down to how salty the oysters were from the regions they were serving that night. And she was right. Chesapeakes were not as salty as the ones from Maine. I also can say that the Beef Carpaccio was so razor thin you could almost see through it and it filled a platter. Very good, very fresh. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. My rib eye was perfectly cooked. If I had one comment, it would be that it was a bit under seasoned. My husband had the Diver Scallops served on a bed of cauliflower puree, basil pesto, mushroom and truffle oil and our friend had the Bouillabaisse which he said he very much enjoyed. We also ordered a side of macaroni and cheese and a side of roasted brussel sprouts. Can not speak for any desserts as we were simply too full. The french press coffee is excellent and there's enough for two or three cups. Also liked that I could order a sampling of three different wines. Just enough for each course. All in all an excellent experience and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Friday night dining experienceAlliVIPDined on 11/14/2014We had a great evening at Grille 620. Or waiter, Anthony, remembered everything we ordered despite how many times we changed our minds in the middle of ordering (something we do a lot). The food was paced well and tasted great. The beer selection was really special. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchLeaNDined on 11/9/2014We had a wonderful brunch with two little girls who hadn't seen each other in awhile. The service and food were great.Special Features:
- Not on Our "A" ListPaulVIPDined on 11/8/2014Our reservation was accepted without incident on a recent Saturday evening. The restaurant itself is smallish and the decor is stark and neutral. There was a distinct cold draft blowing in from the front entrance that made our stay uncomfortable. We started with the spinach and pear salad and the roasted beet salad-both were just okay though the beet salad didn't seem to have the advertised balsamic dressing (instead there appeared to be some sort of buttermilk dressing). Our entrees consisted of Bouillabaisse (light on seafood save for the mussels in a bland tomato broth) and the Mediterranean Bronzini (again bland and, unfortunately, cold). Definitely not on our "A" list of local eateries and I doubt that we will return.
- SkipDined on 11/2/2014We had been there before for dinner which was good but brunch was just fair. Choices were not good and all drinks including coffee were extra. You could get much better food at any diner for a cheaper price.
- Excellent serviceKarenDined on 10/25/2014We were initially disappointed in the location because we thought we would be enjoying the quaint town of Ellicott City. The restaurant is in a shopping center. However, the experience was excellent. Tony was one of the best servers we've experienced in a long time. He was knowledgeable, aware/efficient and charming. The food was warm, cooked properly, (filet mignon; lamb lollipops; swordfish) and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Evening Out!KDMDDined on 10/18/2014This was our first time at Grille620 - we decided to eat at the bar even though we had made reservations in the dining room. The bar atmosphere was wonderful, the food was generous in portion and delicious, the wine list extensive and our bartenders were incredibly attentive - we will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and foodSus3Dined on 10/17/2014The service was very good. The beet appetizer was excellent. Steak was good and the crab cakes were good. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Not a Good ExperienceGrammy1Dined on 10/11/2014I have been to Grille 620 on several occasions and have ordered the same dish. However, I decided to try something different. The rib eye steak sandwich which was suppose to be cooked to medium was rare. Sent it back and again it was rare and fatty. I then ordered a caesar salad which was drenched with so much dressing you could hardly eat it. Totally lost my appetite. My granddaughter had the rib eye steak which was cooked rare also. Waiter recooked it, not worth the price at all!! Very disappointed.
- Food good wine betterMarty21228Dined on 9/27/2014My wife had the lamb and I had the divers scallops. they were both good if skimpy. They stuck us in a dark corner where you could hardly read the menu. Bread was served, however the crust was burnt, so not a great start. The lamb was served with a very salty red potato hash, which of course my wife didn't eat. My scallops were served with pureed caulifower, might have been 2 tablespoons and three slivers of mushroom. Considering the price they could have served more. Won't be going back anytime soon. I must say the lamb and scallops were very good in their defense. Service was good bur not great. Still deciding whether I'll give them another chance.Special Features:
- Good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014We had a nice time having dinner with another couple. Food was good, but pricey and small portions. Could stand to give a little more with their portions. For the price especially. Scallops were good, but only 4 on the dinner entree and hardly any side dish with it. Left feeling a bit hungry still. Seafood was good...brandino was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grille 620B4everDined on 9/12/2014We had dinner with friends.. the food was very good. A few different dishes. I had the squid ink pasta which was excellent. Everyone at the table was pleased with their meals. The noise level however was VERY LOUD and at times we were unable to actually hear each other talk. Our friends were a little aback at the bill, thinking that it shouldn't have been so expensive but ...it is Howard County.. everything seems more expensive. I would return but maybe go a little earlier.. maybe it would be quieter...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and laid-backFunfoodieDined on 9/7/2014The food is delicious, and the atmosphere is relaxed. I order different entrees each time I go, and I'm always so happy with the excellent dishes! I love the French coffee press at brunch! The panna cotta is silky and wonderful. I look forward to trying the fish tacos and the fish and chips. The burgers and petit fillet are perfect too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/6/2014Took my husband out for his birthday dinner. We had a wonderful dinner. Started with the lump crab appetizer that we shared with the Barrata salad. I had the black bass special which was very good. my husband had the gnocchi with lobster which was outstanding. The portions were perfect. The only issue was on my Open Table reservation I let them know it was my husbands birthday and they did not acknowledge. Possibly it is their policy, not sure. Also they were in the process of changing up their wine menu and my first two selections were not available. We will be back.. We want to try other items on the menu!!Special Features:
- Best in areacarolebDined on 9/6/2014Excellent service and very creative menu. Will definitely return pSpecial Features:
- Good for youWp34coolsDined on 8/30/2014Impressed to find a place that does NOT do a plain old fried calamari like everyone else. Simply grilled with greens and a simple vinaigrette was awesome. Ceviche was great. 1st time and will be back. I'm in the "biz" and know a good, creative menu is hard to find in HOCO. Just 1 thing....less cheese on the carpaccio. All I could taste was cheese. I know people shy at eating a plate of raw beef, but those who like it need to taste the beef!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and last time at Grille620BanashreeVIPDined on 8/30/2014Extremely slow service and did not bother for the guest. The server did not tell us the specials of the day which we heard from another server from the next table. Took the kitchen for ever to get the entre although the restaurant was not full/busy at all.
- food is good but sit inside.lovetodineoutDined on 8/30/2014came for brunch and made the mistake of sitting outside since the weather was so nice. First as the waiter was filling our water glasses the wind knocked down a menu card which hit one of the glasses and emptied the entire glass of water on me and my purse and broke as it hit the floor. My cell phone had water all over it. The waiter went back to get towels to wipe the table but came back without them and had to be reminded again to get them by which time I had gotten napkins from the next table. Then while we were eating we were attacked by bees and had to get up and chase them away with our napkins. There was a crying(more like shrieking) child at the pizza place next door which did not add to the ambiance. The saving grace was the food.Special Features:
- Nice place, below average foodsatisfiedDined on 8/29/2014I ordered the ceviche, lobster roll, and the burger. The ceviche was terrible, the lobster roll was flavorless and the burger was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2014We've been here two times. Both time the food has been pretty decent but not great. The last time we were there our server disappeared on us, which is not good. The carpaccio is very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprisedinesouttoomuchDined on 8/17/2014I am a patron of the owner's other restaurant, The River Hill Grille, a local sports bar which is a go-to place for us at the end of a frantic work week. The offerings at this restaurant were more upscale. The ceviche' was perfect and fresh! The wait staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and not overbearing. Will be going back frequently.Special Features:
- Great food - service needs help!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I stopped in for dinner one evening. The food was OUTSTANDING! We were slightly disappointed in the service. The service didn't meet our expectations of the caliber of Grille620. With such an excellent menu and corresponding wine list, I would have expected more from the wait staff. We waited over 5 minutes before being acknowledged we were at our table. And our server, while making many passes of our table, didn't really stop and check on things very much. Not that I want to be smothered by wait staff when I dine, but I do expect that my water doesn't go empty and that my server checks if my steak was cooked after one or two bites. We will go back - hopefully it was just an off night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SteveHVIPDined on 8/8/2014First time at Grille 620. Wife & I sat outside w/another couple. Ordered apps. for dinner, couple of bottles of wine. Our server was great, easy going and engaging. Food was great, definitely planning on a return visit!Special Features:
- Best farm to tableDocsthatdineDined on 8/7/2014Rivals the best of Baltimore or frankly Maryland for fresh ingredients, prepared perfectly. It was about time the Columbia and Howard county area had a reliable go to when you wanted a perfect meal. The meats are done to perfection, the beet salad is my favorite, lately enjoying the great selection ofoysters, fabulous wine flights and pairings. Always fresh, delicious and working hard to please.Special Features:
- RRRRVIPDined on 8/4/2014Worth a try they are still working on the menu. The service was excellent. The salad special was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sloppy Restaurant Week mealHoCoDinerDined on 8/3/2014My third time here & our Restaurant Week meal was pretty sloppy. The spinach-pear salad and lobster deviled egg (tiny bits of lobster) lacked taste, and the fillet w/"cajun" shrimp was so-so. The gnocchi ($23) was the worst part--dense pasty blobs of flour w/small lobster bits--and my tiny portion barely covered the bottom of the huge bowl. One of our guests enjoyed their burger & dessert was very good. Everything else lacked taste & care, and the place was pretty empty. $240 later (no alcohol), our dinner guests regretted the 45 min drive. Maybe we'll try lunch in the future.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014The food was very good - we were there for restaurant week - the portions were large. Some appetizers could be small meal. The waiter was very friendly and helpful. Seem to have good variety of seafood and other fare. Prices were a little on the higher side. Overall great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/2/2014Went out on Saturday evening to our third great spot in the Turf Valley shopping center. You can find great seafood and steak without having to go into center city. We both started with salads. My husband the wedge and i had the barata with fresh tomatoes. I then had the filet which was very lean and my husband had the rib eye. My medium was a bit more medium/well then medium. I would have preferred it a little less well. The wine selection. My only complaint.. the selection of vodka types in their bar. They didn't have a wide selection. Dessert started off with amazing french pressed coffee. Definitely save room for the Crème Brule.Special Features:
- Great meal for Resturant WeekBeachpawsDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyable restaurant, great bartending with Wine pairing. We had the Restaurant menu stating with the Gazpacho which was tastily and fresh. Followed by a petite filet and shrimp with a house made Bordeaux sauce. Ending with the flourless chocolate cake which was very rich but yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the Grille620 reviews archive.
- Great Neighborhood SpotAdventurousDinerDined on 7/28/2014The food at Grille620 is very good and the waiter was attentive. The presentation of the food was also tastefully done. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally pleasedIntuneECDined on 7/26/2014Second time here and loved it again. Restaurant Week menu made it even better. Excellent food, great service by Anthony.Special Features:
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014My husband and decided to try this place out for dinner the other night and we considered it average at best. We both ordered a glass of wine, an entree, and split a dessert which totalled about $100. My wine glass was dirty, my filet mignon was nothing to write home about and it's accompanying potato hash was pretty sad. It also took about 10 mins after receiving my steak to get a steak knife to cut it. Overall, it's just okay.
- Howard county restaurant weekcasualarcDined on 7/21/2014They choose the restaurant week menu well. 1st course was spinach/pear/goat cheese salad and my husband had three lamb chops. 2nd course was a beautifully cooked cod with corn and my husband had Shrimp and filet cooked to perfection. Dessert was a real key lime pie and a flourless chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HopefulPoorchoiceDined on 7/16/2014Service still lacking......The drinks were impressive. Food consisantly prepared well.Special Features: