11099 Resort Road
Ellicott City, MD 21042Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://grille620.com/#/home
- Phone: 4102030620x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 3:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Lunch: Friday 11:00am – 3:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Fabio Mura
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Grille620
Grille620 is an American grille featuring a seasonally inspired menu with a focus on seafood and steaks. A rustic look yet a high-style approach to contemporary American cuisine in an inviting atmosphere creates a unique dining experience. Guests may enjoy a variety of oysters from the raw bar while relaxing on our patio during the summer season. An extensive wine list by the glass and bottle, a distinctive selection of craft beers, and our knowledgeable staff will round out the experience. Menus change frequently to showcase local and fresh ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grille620 reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (45)great for outdoor dining (43)special occasion (36)great for lunch (23)notable wine list (22)romantic (16)good for groups (14)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Pleasant SurprisedinesouttoomuchDined on 8/17/2014I am a patron of the owner's other restaurant, The River Hill Grille, a local sports bar which is a go-to place for us at the end of a frantic work week. The offerings at this restaurant were more upscale. The ceviche' was perfect and fresh! The wait staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and not overbearing. Will be going back frequently.Special Features:
- Great food - service needs help!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I stopped in for dinner one evening. The food was OUTSTANDING! We were slightly disappointed in the service. The service didn't meet our expectations of the caliber of Grille620. With such an excellent menu and corresponding wine list, I would have expected more from the wait staff. We waited over 5 minutes before being acknowledged we were at our table. And our server, while making many passes of our table, didn't really stop and check on things very much. Not that I want to be smothered by wait staff when I dine, but I do expect that my water doesn't go empty and that my server checks if my steak was cooked after one or two bites. We will go back - hopefully it was just an off night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SteveHVIPDined on 8/8/2014First time at Grille 620. Wife & I sat outside w/another couple. Ordered apps. for dinner, couple of bottles of wine. Our server was great, easy going and engaging. Food was great, definitely planning on a return visit!Special Features:
- Best farm to tableDocsthatdineDined on 8/7/2014Rivals the best of Baltimore or frankly Maryland for fresh ingredients, prepared perfectly. It was about time the Columbia and Howard county area had a reliable go to when you wanted a perfect meal. The meats are done to perfection, the beet salad is my favorite, lately enjoying the great selection ofoysters, fabulous wine flights and pairings. Always fresh, delicious and working hard to please.Special Features:
- RRRRVIPDined on 8/4/2014Worth a try they are still working on the menu. The service was excellent. The salad special was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sloppy Restaurant Week mealHoCoDinerDined on 8/3/2014My third time here & our Restaurant Week meal was pretty sloppy. The spinach-pear salad and lobster deviled egg (tiny bits of lobster) lacked taste, and the fillet w/"cajun" shrimp was so-so. The gnocchi ($23) was the worst part--dense pasty blobs of flour w/small lobster bits--and my tiny portion barely covered the bottom of the huge bowl. One of our guests enjoyed their burger & dessert was very good. Everything else lacked taste & care, and the place was pretty empty. $240 later (no alcohol), our dinner guests regretted the 45 min drive. Maybe we'll try lunch in the future.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014The food was very good - we were there for restaurant week - the portions were large. Some appetizers could be small meal. The waiter was very friendly and helpful. Seem to have good variety of seafood and other fare. Prices were a little on the higher side. Overall great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/2/2014Went out on Saturday evening to our third great spot in the Turf Valley shopping center. You can find great seafood and steak without having to go into center city. We both started with salads. My husband the wedge and i had the barata with fresh tomatoes. I then had the filet which was very lean and my husband had the rib eye. My medium was a bit more medium/well then medium. I would have preferred it a little less well. The wine selection. My only complaint.. the selection of vodka types in their bar. They didn't have a wide selection. Dessert started off with amazing french pressed coffee. Definitely save room for the Crème Brule.Special Features:
- Great meal for Resturant WeekBeachpawsDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyable restaurant, great bartending with Wine pairing. We had the Restaurant menu stating with the Gazpacho which was tastily and fresh. Followed by a petite filet and shrimp with a house made Bordeaux sauce. Ending with the flourless chocolate cake which was very rich but yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotAdventurousDinerDined on 7/28/2014The food at Grille620 is very good and the waiter was attentive. The presentation of the food was also tastefully done. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally pleasedIntuneECDined on 7/26/2014Second time here and loved it again. Restaurant Week menu made it even better. Excellent food, great service by Anthony.Special Features:
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014My husband and decided to try this place out for dinner the other night and we considered it average at best. We both ordered a glass of wine, an entree, and split a dessert which totalled about $100. My wine glass was dirty, my filet mignon was nothing to write home about and it's accompanying potato hash was pretty sad. It also took about 10 mins after receiving my steak to get a steak knife to cut it. Overall, it's just okay.
- Howard county restaurant weekcasualarcDined on 7/21/2014They choose the restaurant week menu well. 1st course was spinach/pear/goat cheese salad and my husband had three lamb chops. 2nd course was a beautifully cooked cod with corn and my husband had Shrimp and filet cooked to perfection. Dessert was a real key lime pie and a flourless chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HopefulPoorchoiceDined on 7/16/2014Service still lacking......The drinks were impressive. Food consisantly prepared well.Special Features:
- Great food, will be backKalieDined on 7/6/2014I enjoyed this place! I was there for a girls night at the bar and the food was all delicous- you can't beat the daily happy hour! The baked potato I had was fantastic, which says something about a baked potato...lol. The only bad thing was the the poor bartender was also waiting on all the tables in the bar, so things were slow. It wasn't his fault, he was just so busy making drinks and trying to wait on all of us.Special Features:
- Just what HoCo neededdebsvoDined on 7/5/2014We really enjoyed our first time at Grille 620. We heard great reviews and we were not disappointed. The middle/western part of Howard County has really needed an upscale restaurant like Grille 620! The atmosphere, service and food were all excellent. I loved the bronzini special and my husband loved the bison burger. They treated us to a wonderful complimentary dessert since we were celebrating our anniversary. We will definitely go back for dinner and would like to go for Happy Hour as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Excellent boulabaise and buffulo burger. The lamb special was OK...one person enjoyed and another did not. Good appetizer and entree menu. Service was fine. We enjoyed eating outside and the evening was beautiful. Inside was chilly!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014It's becoming a great neighborhood gem that the area has needed for a long time!!! The food and service are excellent!! A touch pricy but love the seafood!! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014First time dining at Grill 620 and all was great! Atmosphere,food and service!Special Features:
- 4 Star Suburban RestaurantLongTimeEaterVIPDined on 6/19/2014Put it in context of a restaurant in a shopping strip and you get 4 stars. If you live within 30 minutes of Grille620 its definitely worth going. 2nd time there and we were much happier this time. 1st time we went was a Saturday night and even though we had an Open Table reservation we had to wait in the bar for 15-20. Previously service was adequate and food was just ok. This week service was great, fun and informative. Food was really really good. The squid ink pasta with clams and shrimp was some of the best white clam sauce we've ver had that's going back 40+ years and back to New York. The steamed mussels, oysters on the half shell and grilled diver scallops were all great. Bouillabaisse was good with the most tender calamari, ever.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014Excellent beer options and Happy Hour deals. Menu has good variety as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For something specialpersey100Dined on 6/15/2014Great new addition to the Ellicott City area. Food was very nicely prepared. Prices were typical for seafood of higher quality. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedtheMundellsDined on 6/15/2014Knew I wanted to take the hubs out for Father's Day in Ellicott City. Never heard of Grille620 and thought it would have been in "Old" Ellicott City. Not true, it's in a new development (still developing) similar to the "Avenues" that seem to be popping up in the different counties. The food was great...hubby was a little distrubed by the fact that less than 1/3 of their menu items are actually grilled (Grille620).....he's a self proclaimed amateur chef. lol The service could have been better, our waiter, though nice, was extremely forgetful and seemed to cater to two of the other tables he had to wait on more than ours. I would probably go back with a group of friends as there were several drinks on the menu that I'd like to try.Special Features:
- Yum, yum!JBI53Dined on 6/15/2014We loved Grille 620 for Father's day. The salad was fresh and the lobster roll was outstanding. We enjoyed the special bread pudding, too. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Good, but I had higher expectationsParentsNightOutVIPDined on 6/14/2014The food was good, but nothing over the top. I expected a better ambience and the dining area is small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedIntuneECDined on 6/14/2014Ahi tuna and bronzini special were excellent, although the Japanese spice on the tuna was a bit much - it didn't need it. Waiter was excellent, worked with us and the chef to modify one of our dishes as needed. A bit pricey, but will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Friendly neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/7/2014Recently opened this is a good addition to the area. The salads were delicious and fresh. The bouillabaisse was very good and the wait staff was well trainedSpecial Features:
- Great findMisseygVIPDined on 6/6/2014great food, great cocktails, outdoor seating - does it get any better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatdisappointedVIPDined on 6/4/2014I haven't had one bad experience here and I've probably been for dinner 3 or 4 times and the same for lunch. I know I'll always have a yummy meal and great service at Grille 620!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chef and ownersCharlieDined on 5/31/2014It is obvious that the owners and the check care very much about this restaurant. All patrons are treated as if they are special and all of the servers reflect this feeling making for a wonderful dining experienceSpecial Features:
- SadsackVIPDined on 5/31/201490.00 meal for two.....not impressed. The wait staff was in the weeds from the start.
- Just what Ellicott City neededTCL100Dined on 5/24/2014Finally we're seeing quality restaurants coming into a Ellicott City. Our first trip to Grill 620 was very nice -- service is excellent, comfortable and attractive atmosphere and food was very good. My steak was perfect but my wife was slightly disappointed with the fish special for the price. We were never rushed and the noise level low for easy table conversation (a challenge in most restaurants today). The prices are fair but not a weekly destination if your budget is an issue. We will definitely be back ---Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, very nice!!AllegraVIPDined on 5/24/2014We first visited this restaurant several months ago. Food was good. Service was very nice. So we decided to venture there again (it's near to home). Wow. The food was GREAT! We had rib eye steaks that were so flavorful and well cooked...the grilled asparagus was terrific. A wedge salad with blue cheese was cold and fresh and flavorful. Honestly, the food was REALLY great. Nice service, nice atmosphere - has outside seating also.Special Features:
- A Great Find!FoodiePhylVIPDined on 5/24/2014Diversified menu - delicious food - nice presentations - knowledgeable waiter (Mitch) - friendly and helpful management and staff - something for everyone! I live in Baltimore and meet a friend from Rockville for lunch every few months, and we are always trying to find a nice restaurant that's relatively equidistant. This will not only be our go-to place, but I plan on heading back there as often as I can. Lunch was great - and I'm eager to check it out for dinners, too! Wish they'd open a restaurant in the Pikesville area :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally, EC gets a good restaurantLike2SkiDined on 5/19/2014We have been waiting so long for fine cuisine to arrive in Ellicott City, and our meal here on a Saturday night fit the bill. We were somewhat skeptical when we saw the variety of customers, thinking it would be 'family dining', but we were pleasantly surprised. When I commented to our waitress that the track lighting on the ceiling was shining right in my eyes and was quite distracting, the manager took care of it right away! We will definitely be back. I am always looking for an outdoor dining spot also, and here it is!Special Features:
- nice new findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014This was our 1st visit. I used Open Table to make the reservation. I called in the early evening to adjust the reservation time due to longer than expected sports activities for the day. Changing the reservation was easy and the hostess was very understanding. We enjoyed our meal and our chance to spend time as a couple without our two children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoping for MoreMeyeopinionDined on 5/17/2014Our first dining experience at Grille 620 left us wanting more. We were wanting our main entrees to taste as good as they looked, our cocktails to taste better, and our server to be friendlier. When you are paying for entrees that are $28 and up in price, we expect great food and service. Our host was kind and greeted us with a friendly demeanor; however, our server seemed like she was doing us a favor by serving us. Maybe she was having a bad night? Lastly, the acoustics in the inside dining area made having a conversation at our four-top table extremely difficult. We pretty much had to yell to hear one another. We may try again, but we're not rushing back anytime soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gill 620OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014We ordered fried calamari and oysters for an appetizer. There was more fried banana peppers than calamari - a disappointment. The oysters were not properly shucked and gritty. My husband and I each ordered a sandwich - lobster roll and steak. The sandwiches were average to small, yet served with a huge mound of fries. I liked the fries, but my husband did not. The lobster roll had shell in it and was pretty nondescript. The steak sandwich had a funny taste to it. Overall - not good food. The manager did apologize after reading our comment card.
- EnjoyableJimmieDined on 5/16/2014We took some friends for their anniversary and they enjoyed everything about it. We has been there several timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgerBurgerVIPDined on 5/15/2014I was surprised how good the Grille620 Burger was and the fries which I usually avoid, I scarfed upSpecial Features: