11099 Resort Road
Ellicott City, MD 21042Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://grille620.com/#/home
- Phone: 4102030620x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 3:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Lunch: Friday 11:00am – 3:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Fabio Mura
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Grille620
Grille620 is an American grille featuring a seasonally inspired menu with a focus on seafood and steaks. A rustic look yet a high-style approach to contemporary American cuisine in an inviting atmosphere creates a unique dining experience. Guests may enjoy a variety of oysters from the raw bar while relaxing on our patio during the summer season. An extensive wine list by the glass and bottle, a distinctive selection of craft beers, and our knowledgeable staff will round out the experience. Menus change frequently to showcase local and fresh ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grille620 reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (31)great for outdoor dining (28)special occasion (26)notable wine list (19)hot spot (10)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (8)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- The Perfect Evening Out!KDMDDined on 10/18/2014This was our first time at Grille620 - we decided to eat at the bar even though we had made reservations in the dining room. The bar atmosphere was wonderful, the food was generous in portion and delicious, the wine list extensive and our bartenders were incredibly attentive - we will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Good ExperienceGrammy1Dined on 10/11/2014I have been to Grille 620 on several occasions and have ordered the same dish. However, I decided to try something different. The rib eye steak sandwich which was suppose to be cooked to medium was rare. Sent it back and again it was rare and fatty. I then ordered a caesar salad which was drenched with so much dressing you could hardly eat it. Totally lost my appetite. My granddaughter had the rib eye steak which was cooked rare also. Waiter recooked it, not worth the price at all!! Very disappointed.
- Food good wine betterMarty21228Dined on 9/27/2014My wife had the lamb and I had the divers scallops. they were both good if skimpy. They stuck us in a dark corner where you could hardly read the menu. Bread was served, however the crust was burnt, so not a great start. The lamb was served with a very salty red potato hash, which of course my wife didn't eat. My scallops were served with pureed caulifower, might have been 2 tablespoons and three slivers of mushroom. Considering the price they could have served more. Won't be going back anytime soon. I must say the lamb and scallops were very good in their defense. Service was good bur not great. Still deciding whether I'll give them another chance.Special Features:
- Good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014We had a nice time having dinner with another couple. Food was good, but pricey and small portions. Could stand to give a little more with their portions. For the price especially. Scallops were good, but only 4 on the dinner entree and hardly any side dish with it. Left feeling a bit hungry still. Seafood was good...brandino was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grille 620B4everDined on 9/12/2014We had dinner with friends.. the food was very good. A few different dishes. I had the squid ink pasta which was excellent. Everyone at the table was pleased with their meals. The noise level however was VERY LOUD and at times we were unable to actually hear each other talk. Our friends were a little aback at the bill, thinking that it shouldn't have been so expensive but ...it is Howard County.. everything seems more expensive. I would return but maybe go a little earlier.. maybe it would be quieter...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and laid-backFunfoodieDined on 9/7/2014The food is delicious, and the atmosphere is relaxed. I order different entrees each time I go, and I'm always so happy with the excellent dishes! I love the French coffee press at brunch! The panna cotta is silky and wonderful. I look forward to trying the fish tacos and the fish and chips. The burgers and petit fillet are perfect too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/6/2014Took my husband out for his birthday dinner. We had a wonderful dinner. Started with the lump crab appetizer that we shared with the Barrata salad. I had the black bass special which was very good. my husband had the gnocchi with lobster which was outstanding. The portions were perfect. The only issue was on my Open Table reservation I let them know it was my husbands birthday and they did not acknowledge. Possibly it is their policy, not sure. Also they were in the process of changing up their wine menu and my first two selections were not available. We will be back.. We want to try other items on the menu!!Special Features:
- Best in areacarolebDined on 9/6/2014Excellent service and very creative menu. Will definitely return pSpecial Features:
- Good for youWp34coolsDined on 8/30/2014Impressed to find a place that does NOT do a plain old fried calamari like everyone else. Simply grilled with greens and a simple vinaigrette was awesome. Ceviche was great. 1st time and will be back. I'm in the "biz" and know a good, creative menu is hard to find in HOCO. Just 1 thing....less cheese on the carpaccio. All I could taste was cheese. I know people shy at eating a plate of raw beef, but those who like it need to taste the beef!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and last time at Grille620BanashreeVIPDined on 8/30/2014Extremely slow service and did not bother for the guest. The server did not tell us the specials of the day which we heard from another server from the next table. Took the kitchen for ever to get the entre although the restaurant was not full/busy at all.
- food is good but sit inside.lovetodineoutDined on 8/30/2014came for brunch and made the mistake of sitting outside since the weather was so nice. First as the waiter was filling our water glasses the wind knocked down a menu card which hit one of the glasses and emptied the entire glass of water on me and my purse and broke as it hit the floor. My cell phone had water all over it. The waiter went back to get towels to wipe the table but came back without them and had to be reminded again to get them by which time I had gotten napkins from the next table. Then while we were eating we were attacked by bees and had to get up and chase them away with our napkins. There was a crying(more like shrieking) child at the pizza place next door which did not add to the ambiance. The saving grace was the food.Special Features:
- Nice place, below average foodsatisfiedDined on 8/29/2014I ordered the ceviche, lobster roll, and the burger. The ceviche was terrible, the lobster roll was flavorless and the burger was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014We've been here two times. Both time the food has been pretty decent but not great. The last time we were there our server disappeared on us, which is not good. The carpaccio is very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprisedinesouttoomuchDined on 8/17/2014I am a patron of the owner's other restaurant, The River Hill Grille, a local sports bar which is a go-to place for us at the end of a frantic work week. The offerings at this restaurant were more upscale. The ceviche' was perfect and fresh! The wait staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and not overbearing. Will be going back frequently.Special Features:
- Great food - service needs help!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I stopped in for dinner one evening. The food was OUTSTANDING! We were slightly disappointed in the service. The service didn't meet our expectations of the caliber of Grille620. With such an excellent menu and corresponding wine list, I would have expected more from the wait staff. We waited over 5 minutes before being acknowledged we were at our table. And our server, while making many passes of our table, didn't really stop and check on things very much. Not that I want to be smothered by wait staff when I dine, but I do expect that my water doesn't go empty and that my server checks if my steak was cooked after one or two bites. We will go back - hopefully it was just an off night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SteveHVIPDined on 8/8/2014First time at Grille 620. Wife & I sat outside w/another couple. Ordered apps. for dinner, couple of bottles of wine. Our server was great, easy going and engaging. Food was great, definitely planning on a return visit!Special Features:
- Best farm to tableDocsthatdineDined on 8/7/2014Rivals the best of Baltimore or frankly Maryland for fresh ingredients, prepared perfectly. It was about time the Columbia and Howard county area had a reliable go to when you wanted a perfect meal. The meats are done to perfection, the beet salad is my favorite, lately enjoying the great selection ofoysters, fabulous wine flights and pairings. Always fresh, delicious and working hard to please.Special Features:
- RRRRVIPDined on 8/4/2014Worth a try they are still working on the menu. The service was excellent. The salad special was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sloppy Restaurant Week mealHoCoDinerDined on 8/3/2014My third time here & our Restaurant Week meal was pretty sloppy. The spinach-pear salad and lobster deviled egg (tiny bits of lobster) lacked taste, and the fillet w/"cajun" shrimp was so-so. The gnocchi ($23) was the worst part--dense pasty blobs of flour w/small lobster bits--and my tiny portion barely covered the bottom of the huge bowl. One of our guests enjoyed their burger & dessert was very good. Everything else lacked taste & care, and the place was pretty empty. $240 later (no alcohol), our dinner guests regretted the 45 min drive. Maybe we'll try lunch in the future.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014The food was very good - we were there for restaurant week - the portions were large. Some appetizers could be small meal. The waiter was very friendly and helpful. Seem to have good variety of seafood and other fare. Prices were a little on the higher side. Overall great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/2/2014Went out on Saturday evening to our third great spot in the Turf Valley shopping center. You can find great seafood and steak without having to go into center city. We both started with salads. My husband the wedge and i had the barata with fresh tomatoes. I then had the filet which was very lean and my husband had the rib eye. My medium was a bit more medium/well then medium. I would have preferred it a little less well. The wine selection. My only complaint.. the selection of vodka types in their bar. They didn't have a wide selection. Dessert started off with amazing french pressed coffee. Definitely save room for the Crème Brule.Special Features:
- Great meal for Resturant WeekBeachpawsDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyable restaurant, great bartending with Wine pairing. We had the Restaurant menu stating with the Gazpacho which was tastily and fresh. Followed by a petite filet and shrimp with a house made Bordeaux sauce. Ending with the flourless chocolate cake which was very rich but yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotAdventurousDinerDined on 7/28/2014The food at Grille620 is very good and the waiter was attentive. The presentation of the food was also tastefully done. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally pleasedIntuneECDined on 7/26/2014Second time here and loved it again. Restaurant Week menu made it even better. Excellent food, great service by Anthony.Special Features:
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014My husband and decided to try this place out for dinner the other night and we considered it average at best. We both ordered a glass of wine, an entree, and split a dessert which totalled about $100. My wine glass was dirty, my filet mignon was nothing to write home about and it's accompanying potato hash was pretty sad. It also took about 10 mins after receiving my steak to get a steak knife to cut it. Overall, it's just okay.
- Howard county restaurant weekcasualarcDined on 7/21/2014They choose the restaurant week menu well. 1st course was spinach/pear/goat cheese salad and my husband had three lamb chops. 2nd course was a beautifully cooked cod with corn and my husband had Shrimp and filet cooked to perfection. Dessert was a real key lime pie and a flourless chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HopefulPoorchoiceDined on 7/16/2014Service still lacking......The drinks were impressive. Food consisantly prepared well.Special Features:
- Great food, will be backKalieDined on 7/6/2014I enjoyed this place! I was there for a girls night at the bar and the food was all delicous- you can't beat the daily happy hour! The baked potato I had was fantastic, which says something about a baked potato...lol. The only bad thing was the the poor bartender was also waiting on all the tables in the bar, so things were slow. It wasn't his fault, he was just so busy making drinks and trying to wait on all of us.Special Features:
- Just what HoCo neededdebsvoDined on 7/5/2014We really enjoyed our first time at Grille 620. We heard great reviews and we were not disappointed. The middle/western part of Howard County has really needed an upscale restaurant like Grille 620! The atmosphere, service and food were all excellent. I loved the bronzini special and my husband loved the bison burger. They treated us to a wonderful complimentary dessert since we were celebrating our anniversary. We will definitely go back for dinner and would like to go for Happy Hour as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Excellent boulabaise and buffulo burger. The lamb special was OK...one person enjoyed and another did not. Good appetizer and entree menu. Service was fine. We enjoyed eating outside and the evening was beautiful. Inside was chilly!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014It's becoming a great neighborhood gem that the area has needed for a long time!!! The food and service are excellent!! A touch pricy but love the seafood!! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 115 reviews are from the Grille620 reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014First time dining at Grill 620 and all was great! Atmosphere,food and service!Special Features:
- 4 Star Suburban RestaurantLongTimeEaterVIPDined on 6/19/2014Put it in context of a restaurant in a shopping strip and you get 4 stars. If you live within 30 minutes of Grille620 its definitely worth going. 2nd time there and we were much happier this time. 1st time we went was a Saturday night and even though we had an Open Table reservation we had to wait in the bar for 15-20. Previously service was adequate and food was just ok. This week service was great, fun and informative. Food was really really good. The squid ink pasta with clams and shrimp was some of the best white clam sauce we've ver had that's going back 40+ years and back to New York. The steamed mussels, oysters on the half shell and grilled diver scallops were all great. Bouillabaisse was good with the most tender calamari, ever.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014Excellent beer options and Happy Hour deals. Menu has good variety as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For something specialpersey100VIPDined on 6/15/2014Great new addition to the Ellicott City area. Food was very nicely prepared. Prices were typical for seafood of higher quality. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedtheMundellsDined on 6/15/2014Knew I wanted to take the hubs out for Father's Day in Ellicott City. Never heard of Grille620 and thought it would have been in "Old" Ellicott City. Not true, it's in a new development (still developing) similar to the "Avenues" that seem to be popping up in the different counties. The food was great...hubby was a little distrubed by the fact that less than 1/3 of their menu items are actually grilled (Grille620).....he's a self proclaimed amateur chef. lol The service could have been better, our waiter, though nice, was extremely forgetful and seemed to cater to two of the other tables he had to wait on more than ours. I would probably go back with a group of friends as there were several drinks on the menu that I'd like to try.Special Features:
- Yum, yum!JBI53Dined on 6/15/2014We loved Grille 620 for Father's day. The salad was fresh and the lobster roll was outstanding. We enjoyed the special bread pudding, too. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Good, but I had higher expectationsParentsNightOutVIPDined on 6/14/2014The food was good, but nothing over the top. I expected a better ambience and the dining area is small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedIntuneECDined on 6/14/2014Ahi tuna and bronzini special were excellent, although the Japanese spice on the tuna was a bit much - it didn't need it. Waiter was excellent, worked with us and the chef to modify one of our dishes as needed. A bit pricey, but will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Friendly neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/7/2014Recently opened this is a good addition to the area. The salads were delicious and fresh. The bouillabaisse was very good and the wait staff was well trainedSpecial Features: