Grille One Sixteen - South Tampa
612 N. Dale Mabry
Tampa, FL 33609Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Grille One Sixteen - South Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grilleonesixteen.com/
- Phone: 8133500216
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Tuesday: 11:00am to 10:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 12:00am Saturday: 5pm-12:00am Sunday: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bryan Gallagher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, View, Wine
A word from Grille One Sixteen - South Tampa
Grille One Sixteen is a “Freshly Elevated” dining experience from culinary concept, practice, and customer service; wrapped in a “CHIC” and “METROPOLITAN” atmosphere. Grille 116 has put together a menu that is “American Contemporary” and extraordinary. All of the steaks are organic and 100% Hormone Free. Our Fish is locally caught or flown in to provide you with the freshest seafood available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Grille One Sixteen - South Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Grille One Sixteen - South Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (37)special occasion (35)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (23)hot spot (17)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (7)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Just okayRosaVIPDined on 10/18/2014We have been to grill one sixteen before and it has been good. This time the food was mediocre. I had trouble loving anything on the menu. It wasn't bad but there are just better places aroundSpecial Features:
- great nightgswncmhDined on 10/11/2014Everything was incredible! The food, ambience, and service was perfect. One of the best date nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningLjmfDined on 10/11/2014The atmosphere is very attractive and the meals were promptly served, properly prepared and delicious. Our server was attentive and eager to help without being intrusive. Made for a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- live energetic atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014enjoyed our experience, our server was very knowledgeable on suggestions and choices, knew what he was selling and sold it very well. special appetizer was two types of oysters, fantastic. nice choices for wine and cocktails,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The ambiance is outstanding! Candles, dim lighting, the menus light up...very romantic setting. Our waiter, Danny, was AWESOME! Must try the Watermelon martini...so good! The bone in, Angus Ribeye is to-die-for! Melts in your mouth!Special Features:
- A night outFloridaFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Whether it's a night out with friends, a meeting place for a professional dinner/lecture or a special night for two I've found this to be the perfect place. The food is fresh, elegant, and inventive. Not to mention a wonderful sensation on the palate! The only issue we have had here is the noise level. Carrying on a conversation is difficult as it is very loud. The music is at a decibel level similar to that of a bar and the patrons end up shouting at one another to be heard. This is the only reason I would not rate the overall experience as outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great !OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Great service , well trained staff , fresh tuna app , great steak and lobsterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no waiting on our tableluv2dineDined on 9/19/2014We would never use open table again for this eatery , sat for 15 minutes with absolutely no service, not even water!!! Had to get my own cocktail from the bar. They were going to use a mason jar for a $10.50 Crown and diet Coke as they had no clean drink glasses! We went to Donetello's Italian after this horrible visit to Grille 116, found the service at Donetello's impeccable!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014It is a wonderful place, great food, good service, quiet and easy location.Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantVictorDined on 9/6/2014We had dinner at this restaurant because we had a gift card. It turns out we had a great experience. The food was great and the service was excellent. What else can you say about it. We will defineltly be back.Special Features:
- Great findMamaTVIPDined on 9/5/2014Light up menu's, great food, great service!! Will go back. Donuts were amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CocoaDiva33VIPDined on 9/1/2014Excellent ambiance! Posh style. Great for dinner date or just cocktails and appetizers with friends. No parking issues.Special Features:
- We loved this place!!!CycleEveryDayDined on 8/28/2014Wonderful restaurant...the food was excellent, the prices very reasonable for the quality, our server was great and the atmosphere very nice, very trendy. A+ all around!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must tryDominicVIPDined on 8/27/2014This is really a very beautiful restaurant. Nicely lit with candles providing the atmosphere. The menus are lit for easy reading. The food was excellent. You must try the tempura lobster tail. Definitely be back.Special Features:
- GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014Outstanding service, and food. A little too loud for a romantic evening, but would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimePhillygirlDined on 8/21/2014Excellent choice for lunch, food & portion sizes where perfect. Especially loved the atmosphere and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014As always our experience at the Grill 116 south was superb!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningEsilvaDined on 8/16/2014We had reservation Saturday night for 6, they had reserved us a very nice table in a secluded area , food was amazing, good service very nice atmosphere . For sure will be back . Sea bass was just out if this world .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Late Night option:Disappointingwsb225VIPDined on 8/15/2014I made a reservation for 12 midnight to dine late night after a concert. When I arrived, I was told the kitchen was closed and that they could not serve us. After pushing back and speaking with the manager, the staff reluctantly seated us. You could tell the staff did not want to be there or serve us. Several items on the menu where not available. It was obvious that we arrived they had already started breaking down and preparing for closure. Bottom Line: If you take a late night reservation on Open Table, then be prepared for your guest. We will not be going back to Grill 116 South.
- Refreshing!ClassyfoodVIPDined on 8/8/2014Loved the atmosphere, very friendly staff and loved the food! A must when we visit Tampa in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprise choiceFoodieIAmVIPDined on 7/26/2014Every so often my wife and I will just see what is available on a Friday or Saturday night last minute on open table to see if anything is new or a favorite we can sneak into. We heard about grille 116 but never got around to it. The last thing we do before committing is look at the menu and see if that is really what we want. My wife looked and said, "why not." So glad we did. We got there and the place wasn't too crowded, but that changed before we left. Even when crowds did arrive you could carry on a conversation without problem. Food was outstanding, drinks were refreshing. Already planning on taking a few friends and family back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGLY special place!Geoladd328Dined on 7/19/2014We had our first date here. Recently, we celebrated the first anniversary of our first date and returned to this special place. The chef and staff gave us a custom-made heart shaped chocolate cheesecake free of charge to help us celebrate! That was such a kind and classy gesture that you rarely see in this me focused world. The kindness of this gift was only exceeded by the incredible flavor of the desert. The bacon appetizer with the grits was divine and I highly recommend it. The Chilean Sea Bass was to die for. Their Sangria was very good. We sat in a booth and the seating was very comfortable and initimate. The decor was modern and very elegant. Hope to spend our second anniversary there!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calling Modern FoodiestampafoodieDined on 7/19/2014Ambient lighting from when you first walk in sets the mood for a romantic evening or a for a group event of some sort. The cocktail list is by far one of he better ones in Tampa rivaling another local favorite Cirro's speakeasy. The food is on par with the drinks, however prepare to spend a little more as the prices seem a little high, but if your trying this place out for the first time and want to impress, this is definitely a place to consider.Special Features:
- Great food and better serviceSantiagopolisDined on 7/19/2014From the get go, we were very well received. Reservation was easily found. Wine was particularly good and their recommendation was excellent. Food quality and appearance was excellent. Price was very reasonable. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- All Around GemUke1Dined on 7/18/2014Great food. Excellent service. Extremely friendly and attractive staff. Generous drink portions, can't beat 2 for 1 till 8:PM. Josh is a thoughtful and courteous waiter, Eric is a gracious host. Bartenders introduce themselves with a handshake. They make you feel like favorite customers on the first visit. House salad was large and tasty. Filet was fantastic. Watermelon cocktail perfect for summer. Doughnut desert with 4 separate flavor dips was an extra treat. Easy in and out valet service. Booths are super comfortable. They have special seating areas for larger groups. TV's above the bar let you track the Rays, etc. My new favorite place. Worth the drive from Clearwater!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperiencePDogVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great meal (Grouper Sliders are the best), great service, great cocktails and 2 for 1 happy hour…thanks. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGrille116Dined on 7/5/2014If you're looking for something new in South Tampa then check out Grille 116. The menu is creative and not too expensive for such a nicely decorated and chic restaurant. The entire staff from valet, hostess and waiter were friendly and helpful. The food was very good and mostly organic. Everything was fresh and well presented. I highly recommend Grille 116 for any occasion. If it's a special romantic occasion, I would request a booth. They are well appointed, romantic and cozy.Special Features:
- Toooooo fast.....and NO bread2quick2eatDined on 7/5/2014We were able to sit in a booth which for our 1st time dining here was great. Our server was very friendly and attentive. Everybody was wonderfully warm and talkative....The food was okay.....nothing outstanding. We did feel like the food came to quick and not enough time in between our appetizer and main meal. There was no bread for the table unless you ordered and paid for it......our entire dining experience was 1hr.....too quick for a Saturday night.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itTMCJ7712Dined on 7/5/2014My husband & I came here for our anniversary. It was better than expected. We will definitely come back. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014Service was super - Thanks Haley for wonderful experience! Everyone was helpful and friendly. Food was wonderful and we enjoyed it as much as any "name brand" 4 star steakhouse. The Chef, Haley and Manager Eric surprised us with a wonderful dessert for our anniversary dinner that was too big to finish! We are early diners so enjoyed a quiet room and roomy booth. The place was really starting to fill up as we were leaving. Looked like a fun place to hang out for drinks and for group outings too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time, most enjoyableTampaGalDined on 6/30/2014Ask for Josh, he is a great wait staff! Food great, good value. Homemade donuts UNBELIEVABLY delicious!Special Features:
- The following 249 reviews are from the Grille One Sixteen - South Tampa reviews archive.
- Larry at the bar was incredible!Yummy1234Dined on 6/21/2014From Erik the manger all the way to the hostess, they were warm, friendly and welcoming! The food was impeccable, fresh, creative but not overdone. We will be back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner reviewbossmomrnDined on 6/21/2014We were a party of 6. We had very good service. The restaurant was a little warm actually. My fish, sea bass was a little fishy. I didn't seem flaky and fresh as other sea bass I've eaten. The vegetables were not good. I enjoyed the salad and appetizer we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014This was my first time at Grille One Sixteen. We were celebrating Mother's Day & Father's Day. It was the perfect restaurant for adults. Great menu options & great food. It is a little pricey but the food is worth ever penny. Our waiter was awesome also. We will be going back there in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion dinner!Dinner42Dined on 6/13/2014We came here for our anniversary dinner and from the minute we walked in, the evening was special. We were immediately shown to our booth and the manager brought champagne:) The meal was delicious and very relaxed. Our server, Heather was amazing. Overall, an exceptional evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites secretsMCBDYNAMICDined on 6/13/2014We have been to Grille One Sixteen several times before the theatre and enjoy the ambiance, food, decor and the service. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite resturant!ChrisDined on 6/3/2014Absolutely love this resturant and i have been 10+ times this year (2014) alone. Came here this week for my brother's birthday dinner and 1 of the 5 entres was not delivered until 15min after the other 4. No explanation was given but still my favorite resturant. Favorite app is the bacon, favorite two dishes are the Spicy Tuna Salad and the 12oz filet. Amazing dessert and great staff. Besides this one time always had a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service ruined our celebrationHsy2550VIPDined on 5/24/2014We went to Grille One Sixteen to celebrate our friend’s 21st wedding anniversary. I called ahead to let the restaurant know of the special occasion. It was Memorial Day Weekend on a Saturday, so when we arrived the restaurant was practically empty. We were promptly seated since our friends were running late. We order drinks, Crown on the rocks and a Mia Tia. The bartender did not know how to make the Mia Tia. After we got our drinks, our waitress was nowhere to be found. We finally beckoned for her to come take our order. She had no interest in waiting on us was obvious. The food was good, but the service was poor. There was no acknowledgement that we were celebrating our friend anniversary. I will probably not go back again.Special Features:
- Anniversary nightTampaDebDined on 5/17/2014Service was excellent. Well greeted, GM introduced himself during dinner. Beautiful and modern decor. Our Calamari appetizer was plentiful, only needed to ask for more sauce because there was so much calamari! Dinner was delicious Ribeye for him and tempura lobster tails for me. Topped by a customized dessert from the chef since it was our anniversary! Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary and had an amazing experience. Food, drinks, desert were excellent and priced very fairly. The service was first rate. I used the Open Table app and the recognized our anniversary and met all of my requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.