Grille 66 & Bar
2301 SE 17 Street
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Grille 66 & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://grille66andbar.com/
- Phone: (954) 728-3500
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Siegel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Valentine Day
A word from Grille 66 & Bar
Uniquely the finest dining experience in Fort Lauderdale, where you can expect excellence in every respect. Combining breathtaking waterway views with a warm, upscale and inviting ambiance, unobtrusive service, exquisitely prepared cuisine and superb presentation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Grille 66 & Bar - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Grille 66 & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)scenic view (85)great for outdoor dining (57)romantic (52)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (45)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (13)late-night find (10)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Elegant DiningKenLDined on 11/22/2014This was an elegant dining experience for my birthday dinner with my wife. Great food, ample cocktails and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Happy BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner at Grille 66 to celebrate her birthday. Everyone took very good care of us, from the hostess, the bar tenders, and especially our waiter. The ambiance is wonderful and the food was delicious: lump crab, mixed green salads, lobster special, salmon, Brussel spouts, fingerling potatoes, and the carrot cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining by the intercoastal watersJudydollDined on 11/15/2014After being promptly seated with a view of the docks and the intercoastal, our waiter advised us on our wine choices from an extensive list of fine wineries from around the world. The menu was no less enticing, with a wide range of selections to please everyone. It was a pleasant surprise to find numerous wines in the 1/2 bottle category. We so enjoyed the evening that we decided to return for the New Years Eve celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysDavidVIPDined on 11/15/2014A very consistent level of service and great food Great outdoor dining with fab viewsof the intracoastalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cruise stayDomer1968VIPDined on 11/15/2014Sevice excellent and helpful, adjustments to taste prepared. No reasonable request denied including changing TV channel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grille 66 has lost its edgesunnyfloridaDined on 11/15/2014I must start out with saying that the service at Grille 66 is simply outstanding. Professionalism at its finest. And we go down hill from that point on... The food is just less than wonderful. My husband and I split a beet salad as a starter and we had trouble finding the beets in the salad. Our respective steaks, a porterhouse and NY Strip (my favorite) were tough and overly fatty. The baked potato appeared to have been nuked, not baked and definitely not "loaded" like the menu indicated. The kitchen needs to reinvent itself. Granted, it was a Saturday evening, but we were seated at 5:30 before the rush began. That being said, the bar makes and EXCELLENT martini.Special Features:
- Anniversary & Birthday CelebrationbirthbayandanniversaryDined on 11/7/2014We (Frederick & Rudeen Dowdell) did not know what to expect from Grille 66 since It said that it was part of the Hyatt Regency Hotel. My only problem was trying to get to the restaurant because most of the parking was blocked off and you had to walk a good distance if you did not valet park. Anyway. Our arrival at the front desk was very pleasant and we were seated immediately at 8:30 pm. That is very unusual in our dining experience. The server, Ione, I know I spelled his name wrong but his service was impeccable and the price for 2 meals was on point. Next time we will request outside to have a view of the water and the yachts. It was the best experience we have had in a long time and we dine out quite a bit. Love it, love it , love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eveningfoodguru1VIPDined on 11/7/2014Wife's Birthday - Doru our waiter was Outstanding as was all the food. We were seated in the SW corner by request but the noise from the bar was still loud. We are regulars for the bar happy hour so we know it can be loud in the main restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd wedding anniversary dinnermspebbles24Dined on 11/4/2014It was a beautiful night out and we did something I never like to do, we sat outside and had dinner. The views hear are great you get to see the bay and all the boats and city lights just beautiful. We ordered the seared scallops with corn and lobster chowder as a appetizer it was divine. My husband had there new york strip and I had the lamb chops we shared the truffled mac and cheese. It was one of the best lamb chops I have had very well seasoned. And the service as good our waiter was very friendly and attentive it was it great night overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceSunseekerVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had another great dinner at Grill 66. Busy night at the restaurant and everything went without a hitch. The food and service were great as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014We have been dining at the Grille 66 for many years and it's always good. Wonderful vistas, excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, no moreWelldanDined on 10/29/2014For a $ 50 steak served on a white plate, it ought to be at temperature. Server additionally didn't tell us we could order half sides so with my wife and I we ended having enough food to feed a small African nation. It's really funny because it was the busser who noticed all our leftovers and asked why we didn't order half sizes? Steak ordered medium rare, well past medium, server argued over pinkness.Special Features:
- great overall experienceSheldonVIPDined on 10/28/2014This was my second visit to this restaurant in as many years and found it to be just as top-notch as our first visit. The seafood and steak entrees were spot on. The service was very good, waiter attentive, and the timing of all our courses arrived with precision. The wine list was extensive and perhaps a tad over-priced from comparable restaurants I've seen, but there is something for everyone when it comes to finding a choice at your desired price point. The side dishes were very tasty and certainly set up for sharing which worked very well for our group. Overall, it absolutely did not disappoint and would be sure to visit this wonderful restaurant on any future visit.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedDenisDined on 10/26/2014Staff is friendly, lovely ambiance but the food was not memorable. It wasn't bad but not the type of food one prasises as outstanding while eating it or afterwards. I was there for the Spice Fort Lauderdale menu for $35 and what I and my partner selected was disappointing. Especially unappetizing in looks and taste was the mushroom, onion and asparagus side dish to the petite filet mignon. It cannot stand up to the outstanding comparably priced value meal I had at Capital Grille Spice Miami. All in all, Grille 66 is a quietly elegant restaurant with food that is good, not for those expecting more.Special Features:
- BEST FILET IN TOWNTheFrugalFoodieDined on 10/26/2014I always have the filet when I am at this restaurant and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- Don't miss this gemChefDiazDined on 10/26/2014Pull up and dine. Right on the intercoastal. Crab cakes are second only to Joe's in Miami. I always order the shrimp and scallops over bastmani rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DS LDonSLVIPDined on 10/25/2014Excellent time. Great atmosphere and service was just as good. Food also great from appetizers to main course and on to desserts. First time there and we will be back.Special Features:
- Great dinner- for the most part.Foodie65VIPDined on 10/25/2014Arrived on time-told it's a 20 minute wait...which is common here. Crab Cocktail and Filet Mignon were excellent, but food came slowly. I saw a few times the waiter made a trip to another table to drop off food/drinks and then came directly to our table to drop our food/drinks off. Might have saved extra trips, but it didn't save time and we kept looking for him. Waiter had a dessert for our table and another table and while dropping the other table's dessert off, he spilled something so he had to clean it up before bringing our dessert. There was a problem with the check. Waiter was very nice, but things should be worked out to run smoothly. Felt like an assembly line or cruise ship waiting for everyone to get served before moving on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining At Its Bestrhw500VIPDined on 10/25/2014GRILL 66 has the complete package. A fabulous waterfront setting, a fabulous wine selection paired with remarkable service, attention to detail and with out question some of the finest food any one can ask for, prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicebetterthancookingDined on 10/22/2014We arrived and were seated promptly for our reservation. We all ordered off the fixed price, three course menu. It was a terrific value! The selections were wonderful, offering something for everyone. The tuna tartar appetizer was delicious, as was the grilled shrimp and scallop entree. The desert selections were excellent, as well. The server was pleasant and courteous. He was readily available, and offered excellent service. Although the regular menu is a bit pricey, I would not hesitate to return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & Food awesome ambiance badValNBriVIPDined on 10/22/2014The service was impeccable, the food absolutely delicious and cooked to perfection. The menu wasn't inventive, but the food was excellent. The only draw back to this restaurant was the noise level and the ambiance. I had to strain to hear our waiter as did the whole party. The decor was dated and shamefully the water view was not as good as it should be for this location. I enjoyed the food and will go back, but a remodel would do this place a world of good.Special Features:
- memeDined on 10/19/2014Lovely restaurant, unfortunately, the hostess sat us at a table where the restaurant STORED the wine glasses on a ledge directly behind us. The waiters squeezed behind me to get the glasses and the clanking of the glasses was very disturbing and distracting. Our conversation stopped every time they needed to get the glasses. I would like to add that there were other tables where we could have been seated.Special Features:
- Good foodOt13Dined on 10/19/2014So far so good ....overpriced wine list compared to others renamed restaurants....food was great as well as service !!!...unable to walk thru the Pier since it was closedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceMrsBjrDined on 10/17/2014I want to thank Grille 66 for an amazing dining experience. Sadly it is rare to obtain all that you desire in a dining experience especially for a special event. It was my husband birthday and i had to travel to FL for work, so he traveled with me in order to celebrate his birthday together. Grille 66 gave me the perfect romantic outdoor setting, topped with an absolutely enjoyable dinner (DELICIOUS). The service was wonderful and the evening was made to feel so special. Although it was a business trip, we got a wonderful evening out of it. Thank you Grille 66!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014everything was as I remember from past visits - has been a while since here.... food excellent, a lovely place. The service (three of us) was off a bit..finding our waiter, who did not check in...hardly at all. but, the initial service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steveDined on 10/15/2014We went for "Dine out Broward" so the value was unbelievable, but the food, service and the water view are priceless.Special Features:
- ALWAYS THE BESTTheFrugalFoodieDined on 10/14/2014I have come to think that if and when I want a great filet, the only place in Fort Lauderdale to have it is at Grill 66. I have not as of yet had a mediocre meal there. Even the $35 Dine Out menu was more than adequate, and delicious. My tuna tartar was great with great crispy crackers, and my filet was just outstanding.Special Features:
- reservationsdaveVIPDined on 10/11/2014why make a reservation when u have to wait 25 minutes for your table!!!Special Features:
- Their food is absolutely amazing!Davidms26Dined on 10/11/2014This place is worth every penny. Food is awesome, location is prime and service is top notch. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRNUF89Dined on 10/11/2014Great find. Took a friend for birthday dinner. Food was fantastic and our waiter Jeff was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond Expectations2RomanticFoodiesVIPDined on 10/9/2014I expected a lot given the reviews, location and prices and we got much more. We arrived early to enjoy the sunset and the room was not full however by the time we finished the room was full and noise level high. We will return on our next trip. We thought it to be on par with our favorites in LA, Las Vegas and NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful choiceSGDGDined on 10/6/2014It's rare to find friendly service, lovely atmosphere and excellent food in a restaurant today. From the minute we walked in the door we had an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chef MichaelFishguyVIPDined on 10/3/2014I Finally found the chef from Mezzalunas . Excellent food and the best homemade bread at any table in Fort Lauderdale. Tuna tartar wonderful. The lamb chops are fantastic. The snapper is excellent and they serve a thick large fillet served vs most places serving a skinny small fillet that I would catch off my dock here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dependable and good food.DCMealVIPDined on 10/3/2014Classic food well prepared. Very attentive waiters and thoughtful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food I had in Ft LauderdaleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/2/2014Went there expecting to get a steak. I ended up getting a yellow tail snapper dinner special. It was quite delicious. Probably one of the best seafood dishes i've had at a restaurant. Incredibly attentive and knowledgeable staff, and an overall quality experience.Special Features:
- Great serviceFoodieLife72Dined on 9/30/2014Took my friend here for a birthday dinner and it was fantastic...the food was good but the service was what really blew me away. Everyone was friendly, helpful and prompt. I had asked for a candle on the chosen dessert and not only did they put a candle but they made sure it was festively decorated. We had a great time and will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceGaryDined on 9/27/2014Really enjoyed the food and experience. The wine sommelier is excellent - great list & awesome choices for all price points. Food is very good - it is high end and a special occasion price point - but worth it. Definitely felt I received great value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice view, priceychiefgeek157Dined on 9/24/2014It was dinner for two on our wedding night. We wanted a water view and fine dining. The food was truly awesome, but quite expensive ($50 and $65 for entrees). Service was slow and clearly not commensurate with a restaurant of that class, but our waiter certainly tried hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice By WaterMikeyBVIPDined on 9/20/2014Location, ambiance, service are all outstanding. Great selection of wines. Food was very good - those having steaks liked them, although medium was more medium well and medium rare was more medium, but the beef quality was excellent. I had the yellow tail snapper special - sort of New Orleans style, and frankly, the fish was overcooked to the point of being a little too soft in consistency. Might add that portions are very generous, so sides can definitely be shared. Appetizers were outstanding, and the key lime pie is authentic and worthy of the calories if you are an aficionado. Bottom line is I'd definitely dine here again when we are looking for a special place in Ft. Lauderdale.Special Features:
- Awesome RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Took notch all the way. The service was over the top but not annoying from the minute you walk in. The server was spot on with his recommendations. I could go on and on but for what. Just go and enjoy like my wife and I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.