Grille 66 & Bar
2301 SE 17 Street
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Grille 66 & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://grille66andbar.com/
- Phone: 954-728-3500
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Siegel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Valentine Day
A word from Grille 66 & Bar
Uniquely the finest dining experience in Fort Lauderdale, where you can expect excellence in every respect. Combining breathtaking waterway views with a warm, upscale and inviting ambiance, unobtrusive service, exquisitely prepared cuisine and superb presentation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Grille 66 & Bar - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Grille 66 & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)scenic view (66)great for outdoor dining (43)romantic (43)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (28)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- memeDined on 10/19/2014Lovely restaurant, unfortunately, the hostess sat us at a table where the restaurant STORED the wine glasses on a ledge directly behind us. The waiters squeezed behind me to get the glasses and the clanking of the glasses was very disturbing and distracting. Our conversation stopped every time they needed to get the glasses. I would like to add that there were other tables where we could have been seated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014everything was as I remember from past visits - has been a while since here.... food excellent, a lovely place. The service (three of us) was off a bit..finding our waiter, who did not check in...hardly at all. but, the initial service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steveDined on 10/15/2014We went for "Dine out Broward" so the value was unbelievable, but the food, service and the water view are priceless.Special Features:
- ALWAYS THE BESTTheFrugalFoodieDined on 10/14/2014I have come to think that if and when I want a great filet, the only place in Fort Lauderdale to have it is at Grill 66. I have not as of yet had a mediocre meal there. Even the $35 Dine Out menu was more than adequate, and delicious. My tuna tartar was great with great crispy crackers, and my filet was just outstanding.Special Features:
- reservationsdaveVIPDined on 10/11/2014why make a reservation when u have to wait 25 minutes for your table!!!Special Features:
- Their food is absolutely amazing!Davidms26Dined on 10/11/2014This place is worth every penny. Food is awesome, location is prime and service is top notch. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRNUF89Dined on 10/11/2014Great find. Took a friend for birthday dinner. Food was fantastic and our waiter Jeff was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond Expectations2RomanticFoodiesVIPDined on 10/9/2014I expected a lot given the reviews, location and prices and we got much more. We arrived early to enjoy the sunset and the room was not full however by the time we finished the room was full and noise level high. We will return on our next trip. We thought it to be on par with our favorites in LA, Las Vegas and NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful choiceSGDGDined on 10/6/2014It's rare to find friendly service, lovely atmosphere and excellent food in a restaurant today. From the minute we walked in the door we had an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chef MichaelFishguyDined on 10/3/2014I Finally found the chef from Mezzalunas . Excellent food and the best homemade bread at any table in Fort Lauderdale. Tuna tartar wonderful. The lamb chops are fantastic. The snapper is excellent and they serve a thick large fillet served vs most places serving a skinny small fillet that I would catch off my dock here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dependable and good food.DCMealVIPDined on 10/3/2014Classic food well prepared. Very attentive waiters and thoughtful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food I had in Ft LauderdaleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/2/2014Went there expecting to get a steak. I ended up getting a yellow tail snapper dinner special. It was quite delicious. Probably one of the best seafood dishes i've had at a restaurant. Incredibly attentive and knowledgeable staff, and an overall quality experience.Special Features:
- Great serviceFoodieLife72Dined on 9/30/2014Took my friend here for a birthday dinner and it was fantastic...the food was good but the service was what really blew me away. Everyone was friendly, helpful and prompt. I had asked for a candle on the chosen dessert and not only did they put a candle but they made sure it was festively decorated. We had a great time and will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceGaryDined on 9/27/2014Really enjoyed the food and experience. The wine sommelier is excellent - great list & awesome choices for all price points. Food is very good - it is high end and a special occasion price point - but worth it. Definitely felt I received great value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice view, priceychiefgeek157Dined on 9/24/2014It was dinner for two on our wedding night. We wanted a water view and fine dining. The food was truly awesome, but quite expensive ($50 and $65 for entrees). Service was slow and clearly not commensurate with a restaurant of that class, but our waiter certainly tried hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice By WaterMikeyBVIPDined on 9/20/2014Location, ambiance, service are all outstanding. Great selection of wines. Food was very good - those having steaks liked them, although medium was more medium well and medium rare was more medium, but the beef quality was excellent. I had the yellow tail snapper special - sort of New Orleans style, and frankly, the fish was overcooked to the point of being a little too soft in consistency. Might add that portions are very generous, so sides can definitely be shared. Appetizers were outstanding, and the key lime pie is authentic and worthy of the calories if you are an aficionado. Bottom line is I'd definitely dine here again when we are looking for a special place in Ft. Lauderdale.Special Features:
- Awesome RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Took notch all the way. The service was over the top but not annoying from the minute you walk in. The server was spot on with his recommendations. I could go on and on but for what. Just go and enjoy like my wife and I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BandGBullOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Cannot say enough about this restaurant! The superb cuisine, service, ambience and view are unsurpassed on the highest levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingjazzymomDined on 9/2/2014Everything about our visit was amazing. The food was better than I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/29/2014Great place. Very good food and excellent service. Will be back next time I am in town. Don't forget to have them validate you parking receipt!Special Features:
- Relaxing EveningJohnnyTDined on 8/20/2014We are very pleased that our travels brought us to Grill 66 & Bar! From the very warm greeting at the hostess stand to the very accommodating bar staff then to dinner we received excellent service. We enjoyed browsing through their extensive wine list and menu which led to a great evening with perfectly prepare food. We both had filet's that were prepared perfectly as requested with vegetables that weren't over cooked. We would highly recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:
- BuzzmanGoodNBadDined on 8/15/2014Wanted to impress and it sure worked. Service was very attentive but not intrusive. Meals were prepared to perfection. Be sure to order the Parmesan Fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, consistentFoodieJMVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been going here for years & it has never disappointed. Right now they are replacing the marina docks so there is a fantastic unobstructed view. Steaks, fish, or lobster you can't go wrong. There are a greater Selection of sides, salads & desserts then what you find at the Lobster Bar on LOBlvd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueBigdaddyinjaxDined on 8/11/2014We decided while on vacation in Ft. Lauderdale to celebrate our anniversary with a special dinner. Grille 66 & Bar was highly rated and we were not disappointed. Our server was great even though he forgot one item on our entree, he went out of his way to make it right. All the food was high quality but the steaks were what we were there for. They were cooked perfect, juicy and very flavorful. Although not inexpensive, we thought the quality of the food and great experience were a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Its a wonderfull place to have either lunch or dinner with a group of friends!!!!! The food and service are very good. The price?? very reasonably .Special Features:
- Great food and viewPapiVIPDined on 8/4/2014Loved the food and wine. Excellent service. Amazing views of the Intracoastal Waterway and all the yachts.Special Features:
- Great happy hour and dinnerPeggDined on 8/1/2014Happy hour is great. Good selection of wines and appetizers. Service during the busy happy hour and dinner were outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aniversery DinnerBrianDined on 7/26/2014This is a great restaurant that just seems to keep getting better. The setting on the water is beautiful. Parking is a little awkward since I always miss the entrance for valet. My wife and I ordered lobsters and we loved it. Our waiters were very professional and attentive. With salads, sides and desert, and no alcohol our bill for two came to $160. Well worth it.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014I absolutely love this restaurant. The food is always spectacular. The staff is always accommodating. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceSagarDined on 7/23/2014My heart felt congratulations to the staff at Grill 66. Superb food and even better service! It was my wife's birthday and they made sure that the occasion was special indeed. I would love to go back there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014We loved each of our courses. The snapper dish I ordered was delicious, as were the salads and appetizers. The service was exceptional as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak and seafood in BrowardKAS1VIPDined on 7/19/2014We consider this the best steak and seafood place in Broward County. Always terrific food. Tremendous service by longtime professional Dominick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Ft.Lauderdale restaurantfoodluverDined on 7/15/2014One of the top 10 restaurants in Ft.Lauderdale,professional staff,great menu,top quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch!RG84Dined on 7/14/2014If you asked me to list the top 10 restaurants in Ft. Lauderdale, this one would fall into the top 3.I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliably excellentDavidVIPDined on 7/12/2014I visit this restaurant probably once every couple of weeks and as always it was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great scenery, menu is outdated.LocalLivingDined on 7/5/2014Grill 66 has a great view and it is a nice place. The menu however needs an update and needs more environmentally conscious choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014We have dined at Grille 66 on many occasions. One of the most professionally staffed, highest-quality restaurants in Ft Lauderdale; a terrific place to take guests visiting (especially because of the outside dock, yacht and water views), and the excellent standards for both service and food. This time, we even asked in advance (via Open Table reservation) for low-sodium preparation, and mentioned that the occasion was a birthday. The server was professional, attentive, made great suggestions, and ensured that our dinners were low-sodium. We were pleasantly surprised with a birthday dessert on the house. (No discreet reminders necessary on arrival.) Food is always very well-prepared and of very high quality. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Not very good unfortunatelyChrisHagsDined on 7/3/2014My wife and I went for dinner for our 15th anniversary. The location and view is great but the steak I had was poor and my wife sent back her fish because it wasn't cooked enough. The waiter was fine but did not provide any memorable service. You would think he would ask if we were celebrating anything as we were all dressed up? No, nothing at all. For dessert we got the choc hip cookie and biscotti platter...they weren't even home made cookies..they were store bought and just thrown on a plate. I do not recommend Grille 66.Special Features:
- GreatLarryDined on 6/26/2014Service and ambience were sensational. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Beautiful birthday dinner.Ericamaria530VIPDined on 6/25/2014We went to Grille66 for my moms birthday and it was wonderful. The food was delicious, the service was great! The waiter was knowledgable about wine and was able to help pick a wine that we would like. Although I wish we were seated somewhere with a better view, the night was perfect and I would definitely recommend it to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 548 reviews are from the Grille 66 & Bar reviews archive.